Celtic fans to be “netted” at Ibrox?

jambovambo

“Ibrox are in advanced discussions with the police about plans to construct a “net cage” around Celtic’s supporters if club accepts the proposed allocation of 800 tickets for the match at the end of this month”

Rumours on Twitter. 

‘tic fans understandably upset. 

haveyouheard 22
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Celtic fans are just shitting themselves at the prospect of turning up to Ibrox in such small numbers, making a big song and dance about it.

Big shots at home when in numbers

8 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Big shots at home when in numbers

Exactly, hopefully it gives both sides a taste of what they subject away fans to on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, jambovambo said:

“Ibrox are in advanced discussions with the police about plans to construct a “net cage” around Celtic’s supporters if club accepts the proposed allocation of 800 tickets for the match at the end of this month”

Rumours on Twitter. 

Good. Pay back forthe way we're treated in Glasgow.

26 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Be funny if true I hate celtic but love to see them smash Rangers when they meet, love it 

This.  And as much carnage as possible please.  Remote controls microwave fire extinguishers the lot launched at this big net rebounding some times too.  Show them up for both the scum they are. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Tbh it doesn't really matter. If celtic turn up they'll win. Away fans or no away fans its down to their players. Mind you it might be nice to see how their fans deal with being cramped in that tiny wee section. 

Like it or not it is a disgrace If fans have to be closed in like that

Rangers are  to blame with their policy limiting numbers and if they cannot g'tee safety they should be made to make a larger segregation area with fewer home fans as a result

This is where the police should be telling them what to do not following their decision

22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Like it or not it is a disgrace If fans have to be closed in like that

Rangers are  to blame with their policy limiting numbers and if they cannot g'tee safety they should be made to make a larger segregation area with fewer home fans as a result

This is where the police should be telling them what to do not following their decision

It will be reciprocated when The Rangers go to Celtic Park and everyone will be OK with it.

Picture any other club trying to do the same to them when they come visiting and there will be uproar and the SPFL/SFA will step in and say it is not allowed.

Aye but will they sing "Stand up if you hate Kerrydale" though?

The Rangers fan 'Kevin Dale' in the Broomloan will be raging.

In all seriousness, I would go more for chicken wire or an electric fence.

8 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I thought Celtic were telling their fans not to go to the game cos they are in danger ? 

Always the victims.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Rumours on Twitter. 

The have a stadium that talks. 

Transformer? 

47 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

It will be reciprocated when The Rangers go to Celtic Park and everyone will be OK with it.

Picture any other club trying to do the same to them when they come visiting and there will be uproar and the SPFL/SFA will step in and say it is not allowed.

They have already been to Celtic Park with reduced numbers this season...no need for a netting/fence then

If we do the same, I’d like us to use the nets that Predator uses. The ones that are made of sharpened steel and contract around their victim.

Can't help but feeling this whole thing is poor from Rangers. Part of what makes a derby is the away fans. I'd be furious if we stopped giving Hibs the full Roseburn end. 

This might be an unpopular opinion but 4000 hearts fans in the Dunbar end at Easter Road and 4000 hibs fans in the roseburn end at Tynecastle is what makes the derby. 

As the great Jock Stein said "football without fans is nothing"

Hopefully they get pish flung at them from all angles and pumped on the park can’t stand anything to do with Celtic or their fans most disgusting fans in the world 

I assume from the text that this is at Rangers request?

So is that a request they are making to protect the celtic fans from any flying objects heading IN to the away support? Which would reflect badly on their own supporters I guess.

Or is it action they are taking to protect their own supporters from objects flying OUT of the away support? Suggesting that celtic fans cant be trusted?

If hearts put up a net to protect Rangers / Celtic / Hibs fans from our own supporters, i'd be pretty miffed. If they put up a net to protect us from them, i'd laugh my socks off.

Салатные палочки
11 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Be funny if true I hate celtic but love to see them smash Rangers when they meet, love it 

Same here. It's strange, I hate Celtic but enjoy seeing them hammer Rangers. 

Pretty sure there was no Celtic fans at a game in the 90's and they still won. John Collins scored.  

letsalldothebeattie
12 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Ibrox are in advanced discussions with the police about plans to construct a “net cage” around Celtic’s supporters if club accepts the proposed allocation of 800 tickets for the match at the end of this month”

Rumours on Twitter. 

How does a stadium hold talks with the police? If they have a talking stadium how are they struggling financially that’s money

53 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Same here. It's strange, I hate Celtic but enjoy seeing them hammer Rangers. 

Pretty sure there was no Celtic fans at a game in the 90's and they still won. John Collins scored.  

Remember that game. It was a draw and (I googled this part for the exact number) Celtic fans were banned because the club had refused to pay for 384 seats, broken at the previous fixture. It was like a morgue as Celtic led for almost an hour until Mikhailitchenko scored an equaliser. 

Ironically, later that year, they lost in front of possibly the biggest ever Celtic support at Ibrox (certainly in modern times), to the mighty Raith Rovers!

Edited by Shaggy2

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Should be an over-sized shower cubicle.

Manky *****.

This would be th final solution.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Remember that game. It was a draw and (I googled this part for the exact number) Celtic fans were banned because the club had refused to pay for 384 seats, broken at the previous fixture. It was like a morgue as Celtic led for almost an hour until Mikhailitchenko scored an equaliser. 

Ironically, later that year, they lost in front of possibly the biggest ever Celtic support at Ibrox (certainly in modern times), to the mighty Raith Rovers!

Ah was it a draw?  For some reason I had it in my head Celtic won.  I just remember Collins scoring an absolute screamer.  He was wearing Adidas Predator boots and the joke on Only an Excuse was that the name had been changed to the "Silencer Boot" as when he scored at Ibrox, you couldn't hear a thing.  

14 hours ago, jambovambo said:

“Ibrox are in advanced discussions with the police about plans to construct a “net cage” around Celtic’s supporters

"Ibrox" is plural apparently. Maybe they could give the second ground to Celtic fans?

Ridiculous way to treat any football fans, even that lot.

Reckon i would be going nowhere near a ground that penned me in like a criminal.

Not sure what Rangers are trying to achieve with all this shite.

7 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Ridiculous way to treat any football fans, even that lot.

Reckon i would be going nowhere near a ground that penned me in like a criminal.

Not sure what Rangers are trying to achieve with all this shite.

Trying to achieve a safe zone for celtic fans,  need small holes to stop coins i would have thought.

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Trying to achieve a safe zone for celtic fans,  need small holes to stop coins i would have thought.

But The Rangers are skint I am told. :lol: 

NaturalOrder74

Imagine saving up lots of loyalty points by following your team across the country to be one of the few people that get to go, to then get penned in a tiny wee corner with a net cage over you hahahaha 

The away section of the Amsterdam arena is surrounded by bullet proof glass and completely covered in netting. There's even an enclosed walkway directly from the railway station into the away end.

19 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Corner shops nearby will be out of 50p coins that day. 

Just a matter of time before a game  in Scotland had to have a net for away fans.

Right game as well.

Every game I have been to recently in Europe has had a net or some sort of protection for away fans.

24 minutes ago, Dunks said:

The away section of the Amsterdam arena is surrounded by bullet proof glass and completely covered in netting. There's even an enclosed walkway directly from the railway station into the away end.

Milwall had a walkway from the station to the away end from memory. I remember queuing most of the way along it as they massively underestimated how many of us would come!