Celtic fans to be “netted” at Ibrox?

jambovambo

Sexton Hardcastle
41 minutes ago, Dunks said:

The away section of the Amsterdam arena is surrounded by bullet proof glass and completely covered in netting. There's even an enclosed walkway directly from the railway station into the away end.

Seem to remember feyenoord having the walkway and bulletproof glass but no netting. Some trip that was.

The_razors_edge
19 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seem to remember feyenoord having the walkway and bulletproof glass but no netting. Some trip that was.

It was an eye opener for me anyway! 

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Milwall had a walkway from the station to the away end from memory. I remember queuing most of the way along it as they massively underestimated how many of us would come!

It does, from South Bermondsey station right down to the away end, parts of it were covered to prevent things being thrown, read on a Millwall forum before we played there that the locals call it cowards way.

4 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

It does, from South Bermondsey station right down to the away end, parts of it were covered to prevent things being thrown, read on a Millwall forum before we played there that the locals call it cowards way.

Aye but have Millwall casuals been to Easter Road and walked over the Bridge of Doom?

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Milwall had a walkway from the station to the away end from memory. I remember queuing most of the way along it as they massively underestimated how many of us would come!

I’m hearing they’re placing human sized catapults before entry to the Bridge of Doom, prior to the Festive Derby , just to make sure all the JTs get to the game safely.  

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I went on a tour of the Amsterdam Arena when it was first built and if memory serves me correctly they had an enclosed walkway from the train station into the away end and the away fans were enclosed in a bulletproof glass enclosure. It was also away up high in the upper tier of the corner of a stand. Not sure if it is still the same now.

As for Celtic fans not sure netting would be too great for their fans to see past. I for one suggest cling film over them :whistling: 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

Ridiculous way to treat any football fans, even that lot.

Reckon i would be going nowhere near a ground that penned me in like a criminal.

Not sure what Rangers are trying to achieve with all this shite.

TBH I'd be a lot happier, when going to either weegie cesspit, if we had some sort of protective screen between us and the unwashed

I don’t think they should have a net, I think they should treat them as any other group of fans in the league and see how they like it. 

Celtic fans aren't the brightest. Just tell them they're not "netted in" but the rest of the stadium is. The Rangers support is inside, they are on the outside.

Simple.

On 11/12/2018 at 22:45, CJGJ said:

Like it or not it is a disgrace If fans have to be closed in like that

Rangers are  to blame with their policy limiting numbers and if they cannot g'tee safety they should be made to make a larger segregation area with fewer home fans as a result

This is where the police should be telling them what to do not following their decision

How are Rangers to blame ? They are looking after their own whilst keeping with the rules of the League by awarding the away fans a percentage of the stadiums capacity. 

**** celtic and their horrible support.

On 11/12/2018 at 19:51, haveyouheard 22 said:

Be funny if true I hate celtic but love to see them smash Rangers when they meet, love it 

Seriously ?   Any Hearts fans that 'Loves' Celtic winning/smashing anyone should have a serious word with themselves.

haveyouheard 22
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Seriously ?   Any Hearts fans that 'Loves' Celtic winning/smashing anyone should have a serious word with themselves.

Tough  titty for you then 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2018 at 15:02, haveyouheard 22 said:

Tough  titty for you then 

Not really, your the one with the strange and questionable desire not me.

Fozzyonthefence
On 13/12/2018 at 12:55, dannymack said:

Your Sevco love in is more questionable.  I think it’s more a case of enjoying watching Sevco getting smashed than enjoying watching Celtic win.  I certainly love it when the Sevco scum get utterly humiliated. It’s beautiful viewing.

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Your Sevco love in is more questionable.  I think it’s more a case of enjoying watching Sevco getting smashed than enjoying watching Celtic win.  I certainly love it when the Sevco scum get utterly humiliated. It’s beautiful viewing.

:spoton:

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

My love for Glasgow Rangers Football Club is certainly open for debate, fire away with your questions.