Jump to content
jake

Labour

Recommended Posts

i8hibsh
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

2018 or not football is STILL mainly supported  by the working class, i can even use an example, Hibs and Celtic supporters .:lol: 

 

 

The term 'working class' has no place in modern society.  Most people are workers and class is now earned and not a birthright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff the Mince
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How is this a 'working class football forum'? Is this another term aimed at dividing us?  It is just a Hearts forum, pure and simple.

Heart of Marxism Football Club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
2 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Heart of Marxism Football Club 

 

 

:gok:

 

Being a Hearts supporter is just not enough for the left.

 

They have to be a 'working class' Hearts supporter, 'gay' Hearts supporter, person of colour Hearts supporter etc etc

 

FFS can we not just be Hearts supporters on a Hearts forum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

Are upper class muselim lesbians allowed an opinion on this forum? 

 

Just frying to to understand them deomograogic that make my opinion most valid. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Are upper class muselim lesbians allowed an opinion on this forum? 

 

Just frying to to understand them deomograogic that make my opinion most valid. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, I am a working class boyflux with genderfluid thoughts Hearts supporter so hope I get accepted too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You pay your wife £12 an hour.

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Actually, I could be a genderpunk Hearts supporter.

 

Edited by i8hibsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You pay your wife £12 an hour.

Mrs DJ does not have time to work. Kids at two different private schools, after school cricket, hockey and rugby, and little miss DJ has a pony to check on ( full livery so no mucking out).

no wonder the land rover is clocking up the miles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboX2
3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

 

Post-Brexit I agree of course that's no longer an option, saying that though I seriously doubt we'll "leave" on schedule, if at all.

 

On Spain, I see your point but at the same time an independent Scotland leads to at best a weaker UK, and a greater possibility of 'returning' Gibraltar. I.e. It may be British but It isn't necessarily English.

 

 

Gibraltar shouldn't become Spanish unless people who live there want to be Spanish. Same in the Falklands. Always seems to me people forget the wishes of those people when that issue is raised. 

 

There won't be an independence referendum until Brexit is solved. Sturgeon is right to chart that course. To not do so would be a dereliction of her duties as FM for all of Scotland. Frankly there's neither the time or resource to break off from the EU and also break up the UK at the same time.

Edited by JamboX2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

 

There won't be an independence referendum until Brexit is solved. Sturgeon is right to chart that course. To not do so would be a dereliction of her duties as FM for all of Scotland. Frankly there's neither the time or resource to break off from the EU and also break up the UK at the same time.

 

:spoton:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall
23 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

 

Gibraltar shouldn't become Spanish unless people who live there want to be Spanish. Same in the Falklands. Always seems to me people forget the wishes of those people when that issue is raised. 

 

There won't be an independence referendum until Brexit is solved. Sturgeon is right to chart that course. To not do so would be a dereliction of her duties as FM for all of Scotland. Frankly there's neither the time or resource to break off from the EU and also break up the UK at the same time.

 

I don’t disagree but my point was if ‘Britain’ no longer exists it’s difficult for people in either place to remain ‘British’. They would likely have a choice to make, be that their own independence or any other scenario.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
27 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

 

Gibraltar shouldn't become Spanish unless people who live there want to be Spanish. Same in the Falklands. Always seems to me people forget the wishes of those people when that issue is raised. 

 

 

Can't remember that maxim being used with the Palestinians but for another thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Can't remember that maxim being used with the Palestinians but for another thread 

 

 

Ah great, another 'look how much I care about Palestine post' from a leftie.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

Ah great, another 'look how much I care about Palestine post' from a leftie.

 

 

Oh great  another load of shite from the resident loony   **** off you total racist bigoted arse hole.   Really hope this gets me a ban as any forum that allows people like you to.post your utter garbage on every thread is no use to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Oh great  another load of shite from the resident loony   **** off you total racist bigoted arse hole.   Really hope this gets me a ban as any forum that allows people like you to.post your utter garbage on every thread is no use to me 

 

 

And there we go.  

 

You mean a forum for free speech?

 

But yeah, down with fascism.

Edited by i8hibsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboX2
37 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

 

I don’t disagree but my point was if ‘Britain’ no longer exists it’s difficult for people in either place to remain ‘British’. They would likely have a choice to make, be that their own independence or any other scenario.

 

Britain would exist. We live on Great Britain. It's the name of the island. 

 

The UK will not end if Scotland seceded from the Union. The UK will retain that which it owns. The UK, or what remains, will be a continting signatory to the Treaty of Utrecht. Much as it did with Ireland joining the Union in 1801 and much as it did when Ireland left under the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1922.

 

Spain's claim is shaky until the Gibraltarians chose to be Spanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff the Mince
28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

And there we go.  

 

You mean a forum for free speech?

 

But yeah, down with fascism.

He hates Jews .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

  Really hope this gets me a ban as any forum that allows people like you to.post your utter garbage on every thread is no use to me 

 

Why don’t you just stop reading and posting on jkb, seems much easier than wanting a ban to force you to stop using.

 

After all this site is no use to by your own admission. 

 

Plus if your going for a ban get hung for a sheep not a lamb lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall
9 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

 

Britain would exist. We live on Great Britain. It's the name of the island. 

 

The UK will not end if Scotland seceded from the Union. The UK will retain that which it owns. The UK, or what remains, will be a continting signatory to the Treaty of Utrecht. Much as it did with Ireland joining the Union in 1801 and much as it did when Ireland left under the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1922.

 

Spain's claim is shaky until the Gibraltarians chose to be Spanish.

 

Perhaps, perhaps not. In my opinion you’ve got too much faith in the ‘UK’, Scotland’s a key part of the union without it i  can see the whole house of cards falling down. Most agree Irish re-unification is inevitable at some point. Do you honestly see a U.K. of England and Wales? There’s not even a real benefit to England in that union given it subsidises Wales by quite a large amount, there’s backlash enough just now over the rest of the U.K. just now being “subsidy junkies” feeding off England it’ll get worse in a reduced Union.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo

If Labour ditched Corbyn and appointed a rationale centre left leader they could be in power for a decade.  Corbyn is utterly unfit to lead and incredibly I would still fancy the Tories to win the next election despite everything.

 

His views on defence, capitalism and some of his other allegiances make him unfit to lead our country.  His was born for opposition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If Labour ditched Corbyn and appointed a rationale centre left leader they could be in power for a decade.  Corbyn is utterly unfit to lead and incredibly I would still fancy the Tories to win the next election despite everything.

 

His views on defence, capitalism and some of his other allegiances make him unfit to lead our country.  His was born for opposition.  

Totally agree, as thing stand, a Torie win is almost certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo

Years of "real labour" men running the party consigned U.K. To thatcher for a very long time. The rebirth of old labour has left us with this rotting Tory cadaver for an election past it's sell by

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Years of "real labour" men running the party consigned U.K. To thatcher for a very long time. The rebirth of old labour has left us with this rotting Tory cadaver for an election past it's sell by

The Corbyn/McDonnell wing of the party will not let go now, I really see a split in the Labour Party around the next election which will only lead to a generation of Tory governments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts

Can't stand Labour as an ex Labour voter because they took Scotland for granted and we fell for it. Thank goodness for the SNP until something better happens! Tories and Libdems are worse. UK is goosed with these chumps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Oh great  another load of shite from the resident loony   **** off you total racist bigoted arse hole.   Really hope this gets me a ban as any forum that allows people like you to.post your utter garbage on every thread is no use to me 

Best to ignore as this poster generally ruins every thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Mrs DJ does not have time to work. Kids at two different private schools, after school cricket, hockey and rugby, and little miss DJ has a pony to check on ( full livery so no mucking out).

no wonder the land rover is clocking up the miles

Land Rover? Serf!

would expect a full blown Range Rover Autobiography at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Land Rover? Serf!

would expect a full blown Range Rover Autobiography at least!

 

 

I bet he doesn't even wear a barbour jacket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboX2
3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

 

Perhaps, perhaps not. In my opinion you’ve got too much faith in the ‘UK’, Scotland’s a key part of the union without it i  can see the whole house of cards falling down. Most agree Irish re-unification is inevitable at some point. Do you honestly see a U.K. of England and Wales? There’s not even a real benefit to England in that union given it subsidises Wales by quite a large amount, there’s backlash enough just now over the rest of the U.K. just now being “subsidy junkies” feeding off England it’ll get worse in a reduced Union.

 

It's not about the name. But the successor state under international law. If Scotland goes the UK is the successor state. Therefore it retains the treaty rights and obligations. 

 

Nothing is inevitable on Ireland and Northern Ireland. The republic may in fact not be too pleased taking the North on. Britain pays more per year to NI than the EU. Will the republic seek to take on that burden? How will the republic view the potential security risks from loyalists who will likely fight reunification and the costs of that?

 

There is nothing inevitable in any of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboX2
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can't stand Labour as an ex Labour voter because they took Scotland for granted and we fell for it. Thank goodness for the SNP until something better happens! Tories and Libdems are worse. UK is goosed with these chumps. 

 

I find this approach interesting because it's blind loyalty for blind loyalty. 

 

As it stands no one is coming out of Brexit well. Each party is playing petty games and it's detrimental to everyone in Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Time to ditch parties as they are and form a National Unity Government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

The term 'working class' has no place in modern society.  Most people are workers and class is now earned and not a birthright.

I8 for Queen is it. Don't talk utter pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
5 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

 

I find this approach interesting because it's blind loyalty for blind loyalty. 

 

As it stands no one is coming out of Brexit well. Each party is playing petty games and it's detrimental to everyone in Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Time to ditch parties as they are and form a National Unity Government.

Feck England , Wales and N Ireland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
9 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

 

Britain would exist. We live on Great Britain. It's the name of the island. 

 

The UK will not end if Scotland seceded from the Union. The UK will retain that which it owns. The UK, or what remains, will be a continting signatory to the Treaty of Utrecht. Much as it did with Ireland joining the Union in 1801 and much as it did when Ireland left under the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1922.

 

Spain's claim is shaky until the Gibraltarians chose to be Spanish.

As a land mass, yes, as a political entity, Britishness, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
11 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

According to a poll on Sky News, 46% of people still think May is trusted to run the country, 22% think Corbyn is most trusted, the rest didnt know. 

After all that's went on, 22% for Corbyn ??

Sky!!!  :rofl:

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

 

This is 2018.

I'm not embarrassed to working class, 2018 or not.  I've no interest on climbing some British class system by pissing on my fellow workers, or robbing folk out of their hard earned money by charging ott prices for reroofing etc...   If that's what 2018 means, by all means fill yer boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
12 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Mrs DJ does not have time to work. Kids at two different private schools, after school cricket, hockey and rugby, and little miss DJ has a pony to check on ( full livery so no mucking out).

no wonder the land rover is clocking up the miles

Aye , so Governor Tarkin was telling me.  The Land Rover is killing his back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:whistling:

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I8 for Queen is it. Don't talk utter pish.

 

 

Homophobe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

Homophobe!

If I was feart of hooses I wouldn't put roofs on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

Homophobe!

Anyway, the argument was Labour,( Although they did start the process) or self determination of the class system. I can't really blame Labour for making my Chartered surveyor wife an illegal alien and so turning me into the working poor. But hey , them wm Tories are great.

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboX2
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Feck England , Wales and N Ireland.

 

That's the Brexit spirit. 

Edited by JamboX2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Feck England , Wales and N Ireland.

 

 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Aye , so Governor Tarkin was telling me.  The Land Rover is killing his back.

 

 

 

 

 

:whistling:

 

Aw mate. :(

 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

If I was feart of hooses I wouldn't put roofs on them.

 

Mind and not fall off of one it the icey weather, buddy. That would be a disaster. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm not embarrassed to working class, 2018 or not.  I've no interest on climbing some British class system by pissing on my fellow workers, or robbing folk out of their hard earned money by charging ott prices for reroofing etc...   If that's what 2018 means, by all means fill yer boots.

 

 

This is as far away from the point I was making as you can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
18 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I grew up in a deprived rural area.

My wife came from a single parent family in a council estate in Ayrshire.

Both state educated.

Neither inherited anything apart from a work ethic.

From our peers those who worked hard at school did well- regardless of background.

Those who did not- even the kids of the farmers, vets, Dr's and so on who I viewed as being rich because they got things like new bikes, foreign holidays and trainers NOT made by Gola or Hi-tech- who mucked about reaped those rewards.

That's not blame shifting- quite why people cannot see that education is important defies belief..... and by the time your in some minging job on low pay its too late to moan .

True that a state/comprehensive education allows opportunities to many who wouldn't have had it 100 years ago but there's no denying that, from the top down, opportunity is skewed towards the 'haves'.

 

For example: an Oxford University education gives you a huge leg up into well paid jobs. Whilst everyone has an opportunity to apply to Oxford and many from state schools make it, the entrance is skewed to people from privileged backgrounds (as measured by being able to pay for their schooling). Something like 35% of applications come from private schools whilst the number of acceptances is closer to 50%. That's not down to ability; there's a postcode factor and an interview to identify the right type of chap.

 

Hard work at school and in life in general will take you places you wouldn't get without that effort and there are, no doubt, sons and daughters of poshoes who don't live up to their potential due to their wastrel ways. I know a few of them but, by and large, they still find employment and income streams that they wouldn't have if it weren't for their privileged backgrounds and, specifically, the wealth and contacts of their parents.

 

 

17 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

 You are  really a very weird  bauld rich man on a working class  football forum that has the need to BRAGG about his wealth. 

 

Sure you know its not a rugger forum.

 

Will keep this simple, dont give a feck mate, Corbymn is coming.:lol:

 

Fair fight, aye, filled with your  remark of LIVING  IN A POND.:facepalm:

 

Tally hoy old chump,  and remember when that fox is screaming in  agony  ,as its  being ripped to pieces ALIVE , remember that its ILLEGAL in Scotland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've missed ML.

 

A fine illustration of how out of touch you are is to repeatedly claim that football is working class and that this is a 'working class' platform.

 

There's been many analyses of football over the last 20 years or so, looking at how the game has become 'gentrified'. I mean, Hearts got the main stand developed thanks, in part, to a couple of million donation from a single benefactor - do you think that was Jock the Coalman fae Bilston?

 

If you want a sport the working man can play or follow without feeling he's being fleeced by big industry; where the players spend time with the supporters; where the clubs work in and with the communities - particularly youngsters in state schools, I suggest you get into club rugby.

 

 

16 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Mrs DJ does not have time to work. Kids at two different private schools, after school cricket, hockey and rugby, and little miss DJ has a pony to check on ( full livery so no mucking out).

no wonder the land rover is clocking up the miles

Does she not listen?

Discovery for Saturdays; Defender for Sundays and the Rangey for mid-week stuff.

Keep the Mini for all those visits to her 'personal trainer' :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

I wonder who else will be threatened by a Labour MPs with getting bashed with a baseball bat ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder who else will be threatened by a Labour MPs with getting bashed with a baseball bat ?

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

I , unlike others, don't hide my feelings. especially the traitor born in Scotland.

 

 

Mind and not fall off of one it the icey weather, buddy. That would be a disaster. ?

Mind drive carefully ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder who else will be threatened by a Labour MPs with getting bashed with a baseball bat ?

Only tories do nepotism. Not labour mp employs drug dealer son into her staff, covers it up, her mum into House of Lords then mp threatens journos with a doing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

I would not be surprised if Labour  "abstain" on this evenings no confidence vote...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mind drive carefully ?

 

I have a chap do it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

True that a state/comprehensive education allows opportunities to many who wouldn't have had it 100 years ago but there's no denying that, from the top down, opportunity is skewed towards the 'haves'.

 

For example: an Oxford University education gives you a huge leg up into well paid jobs. Whilst everyone has an opportunity to apply to Oxford and many from state schools make it, the entrance is skewed to people from privileged backgrounds (as measured by being able to pay for their schooling). Something like 35% of applications come from private schools whilst the number of acceptances is closer to 50%. That's not down to ability; there's a postcode factor and an interview to identify the right type of chap.

 

Hard work at school and in life in general will take you places you wouldn't get without that effort and there are, no doubt, sons and daughters of poshoes who don't live up to their potential due to their wastrel ways. I know a few of them but, by and large, they still find employment and income streams that they wouldn't have if it weren't for their privileged backgrounds and, specifically, the wealth and contacts of their parents.

 

 

I've missed ML.

 

A fine illustration of how out of touch you are is to repeatedly claim that football is working class and that this is a 'working class' platform.

 

There's been many analyses of football over the last 20 years or so, looking at how the game has become 'gentrified'. I mean, Hearts got the main stand developed thanks, in part, to a couple of million donation from a single benefactor - do you think that was Jock the Coalman fae Bilston?

 

If you want a sport the working man can play or follow without feeling he's being fleeced by big industry; where the players spend time with the supporters; where the clubs work in and with the communities - particularly youngsters in state schools, I suggest you get into club rugby.

 

 

Does she not listen?

Discovery for Saturdays; Defender for Sundays and the Rangey for mid-week stuff.

Keep the Mini for all those visits to her 'personal trainer' :D

I see it as a generational climb. My grandfather was an hgv driver.

his kids a mechanic, a secretary and a lecturer. His grandkids a doctor, a surgeon, a petroleum geologist, an engineer and a lecturer. All 5 great grand kids at private school.

Its generations of climb, not a single leap.

sure there are barriers, there always are- but people seek excuses for failure, barriers can be overcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I would not be surprised if Labour  "abstain" on this evenings no confidence vote...

No guts

they don't want power at present- poison chalice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...