Labour

jake

The Momentum lot are pushing too hard.

The hardcore Blairite delusionists are actively working against the party.

The moderates, who make up most of the PLP, are in total paralysis.

Too much fuddery on show on all sides of the party.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• ri Alban

• Governor Tarkin

• doctor jambo

The Mighty Thor

Corbyn had his arse handed to him again today at PMQs by the worst prime minister in living memory. 

I can't imagine he'll land a blow on the next one either and that's a statement given the calibre of what's incoming. 

Surely by now even the most ardent Labourite must see that under him their party is finished. 

Its painful to watch/listen to.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Corbyn had his arse handed to him again today at PMQs by the worst prime minister in living memory. 

I can't imagine he'll land a blow on the next one either and that's a statement given the calibre of what's incoming. 

Surely by now even the most ardent Labourite must see that under him their party is finished. 

Its painful to watch/listen to.

I absolutely do not agree. Once again Corbyn tried to ask questions about salient issues only to have the PM deflect with this rubbish about anti-semitism. The speaker should have intervened and reminded the PM that she is not supposed to ask questions of the leader of the opposition and certainly not in the vitriolic manner she did it. Once again the Tory benches jeered and shouted insults and once again Corbyn stuck to his task, attempting to answer May's question and get answers to his own. The speaker allows this every week with only the mildest of rebukes for the Tories. I think May named Corbyn twice today and i'm not sure this is considered parliamentary. Once again she lost her temper and tried to do little more than vilify Corbyn. As usual Corbyn dealt with it effectively and professionally by not raising his voice and by not personalising it.

Imho Corbyn has had the better of May in most of the PMQs i've watched and that's quite a lot. She has revealed herself to be very evasive, nasty, needlessly personal and often very ignorant. 

I do understand that the view you take is a widely held one but i cannot help but think that the press, the right wing of the Labour party and the establishment e.g. HoL have a vested interest in destroying Corbyn and the left. I also think that it is the Conservative party who have the most immediate electoral threat. Johnson is far more toxic than Corbyn personally at least and imo is cringing and painful to watch/listen. If Johnson gets to pm i predict the Tories will lose every seat in Scotland.

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Cade said:

The Momentum lot are pushing too hard.

The hardcore Blairite delusionists are actively working against the party.

The moderates, who make up most of the PLP, are in total paralysis.

Too much fuddery on show on all sides of the party.

More in fighting than the Tories. That is hoe much a shambles the Labour Party are.

The Mighty Thor
48 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I absolutely do not agree. Once again Corbyn tried to ask questions about salient issues only to have the PM deflect with this rubbish about anti-semitism. The speaker should have intervened and reminded the PM that she is not supposed to ask questions of the leader of the opposition and certainly not in the vitriolic manner she did it. Once again the Tory benches jeered and shouted insults and once again Corbyn stuck to his task, attempting to answer May's question and get answers to his own. The speaker allows this every week with only the mildest of rebukes for the Tories. I think May named Corbyn twice today and i'm not sure this is considered parliamentary. Once again she lost her temper and tried to do little more than vilify Corbyn. As usual Corbyn dealt with it effectively and professionally by not raising his voice and by not personalising it.

Imho Corbyn has had the better of May in most of the PMQs i've watched and that's quite a lot. She has revealed herself to be very evasive, nasty, needlessly personal and often very ignorant. 

I do understand that the view you take is a widely held one but i cannot help but think that the press, the right wing of the Labour party and the establishment e.g. HoL have a vested interest in destroying Corbyn and the left. I also think that it is the Conservative party who have the most immediate electoral threat. Johnson is far more toxic than Corbyn personally at least and imo is cringing and painful to watch/listen. If Johnson gets to pm i predict the Tories will lose every seat in Scotland.

We'll agree to disagree.

I'm too long in the tooth to be taken in by the press. Corbyn has been and continues to be utterly abject as an opposition leader which with the current political shitshow is failing the electorate. Badly.

You're right about their future prospects in any WM election in Scotland and I suspect it'll be repeated in England-shire.

The notion that he's a man of the people type crusader is risible.