Labour

jake

maroonlegions
10 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Membership sure- but that is the "new radicals" that joined up to skew the leadership elections.

the failure of Labour to win the last GE outright was an abject failure, celebrated as a success.

The last GE that saw SLAB utterly humiliated.

A decent labour leader in England would have seen a landslide- Labour needs to stop seeing people in good jobs on decent money are not their enemy

New radicals, feck me, seriously the   massive increase of young people  joining  the Labour party are now radicals.

Corbyn was a new threat at the last GE a new alternative to May and the Tories, that has now been realised i think. Labour are  NOT seeing those in good jobs on decent money as enemies, they see the maga rich and all their tax break heavens as the enemy.

The increase in Labour party membership ( which has not stopped), is more than so called radicals joining. You have an extreme right wing in power then you get the left fighting back, you think that the left are just going to sit back and take it dry??

On a side note,

Edited by maroonlegions

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• ri Alban

• Governor Tarkin

• doctor jambo

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Labour needs to stop seeing people in good jobs on decent money are not their enemy

A fair chunk of working class lefties love a bit of envy driven hatred.

It's an excellent way to shift blame for their own shortcomings and poor life choices.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's an excellent way to shift blame for their own shortcomings and poor life choices.

Quite.

Corbyn is a manifestation of this.

Success = bad

Aspiration = bad

If you cannot pull yourself up, drag the others down.

Describing the current Tories as extreme right wing= laughable bollocks

21 minutes ago, Section Q said:

The Yvette Coopers and Eddie Balls of the party have been replaced with real Labour people..

1544540221298.jpg

Balls is a tool but that's not what I meant. 

Theres a reason Labour went the best part of 2 decades without winning an election until Blair 'altered' Labours focus, and its the same reason why despite a horrific Conservative party they're still not in power.

Having nice "ideals" is worthless if you're not capable of getting elected.

Tories are so weak right now. A complete powderpuff party.  This is a direct result of the softest most far left labour party in living memory.  You need a strong opposition in order to be a great government.  A very poor Tory government right now is down to Jeremey Corbyn and Diane Abbott.  I’d rather have Ronnie Corbett and Russ Abbott ffs.  I view Corbyn and Abbott as the single biggest threats to our national security, and I could not be more serious.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Tories are so weak right now. A complete powderpuff party.  This is a direct result of the softest most far left labour party in living memory.  You need a strong opposition in order to be a great government.  A very poor Tory government right now is down to Jeremey Corbyn and Diane Abbott.  I’d rather have Ronnie Corbett and Russ Abbott ffs.  I view Corbyn and Abbott as the single biggest threats to our national security, and I could not be more serious.

Abbott is not fit for purpose.

Unless that purpose to keep labour in opposition.

you would actually think the Tories hand picked their opposition, they are that ridiculous

2 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Sadly Corbyn has no interest unless it involves the Palestinians

Labour has no issues with anti-semitism

maroonlegions
38 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Quite.

Success = bad

Aspiration = bad

:facepalm:

The Corbyn/Abbott manifesto

·         Open Borders

·         More rights for criminals

·         More money spent on standard of life in jails

·         Become a Republic

·         99% tax on every single successful person in the UK

·         More free shit for those who ‘can’t be ****ed’

·         Less police officers - they are all racist scum anyway

·         Deplete our military

·         Scrap our nuclear program

·         Go to war with Isreal

·         Sharia law for the UK

·         Less jail time for those who commit crime

·         Get the ‘worker’ back down the coal mines

·         Special privileges for all those who attach themselves to a minority group

·         Stay in the EU

·         2 day week

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Let's say Scotland left the UK today, they'd also be leaving the EU. If they left the Union post Brexit then they've already have left. 

I'm not saying they wouldn't get in eventually but it clearly wouldn't be as simple as just stepping in.

In the short term of that they'd be in a precarious position since over 60% of their trade is with the UK that they'd just left behind. All whilst suffering a no deal with the EU who only account to a quarter of their trade with the UK. To think that there are people out there that think Brexit is the worst idea ever.

Yet NI can stay, something tells me we'd be alright.

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

:facepalm:

It is true though.

they work on the presumption that success is inherited, and that lack of success is because of the "system" holding people down.

That if you could take money off people who have worked to get it,  and give it to those who have not, everyone would be happy.

Whilst gloriously missing the point that generally in life people rise or fall to where their abilities and endeavour lead them.

6 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I thought Corbyn would be a breath of fresh air, I like his ideas, I like his policies, but the man has absolutely zero backbone and would be worse in charge than even Theresa May, any half decent opposition to an absolute shambolic car crash of a Tory Party right now would be at least 10 points clear in the opinion polls, he's missed so many open goals I'm beginning to think he's Hans Eskillson in disguise! They should just change their name to the Pointless Abstaining Party (PAP for short), because that's all they're good for these days. 

sort of agree. I like most of what Corbyn comes out with but his stance?? on Brexit and his failure to take the Tories to account means there is no valid opposition at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The Corbyn/Abbott manifesto

·         Open Borders

·         More rights for criminals

·         More money spent on standard of life in jails

·         Become a Republic

·         99% tax on every single successful person in the UK

·         More free shit for those who ‘can’t be ****ed’

·         Less police officers - they are all racist scum anyway

·         Deplete our military

·         Scrap our nuclear program

·         Go to war with Isreal

·         Sharia law for the UK

·         Less jail time for those who commit crime

·         Get the ‘worker’ back down the coal mines

·         Special privileges for all those who attach themselves to a minority group

·         Stay in the EU

·         2 day week

Is there no a bus you go and play Tig with.

maroonlegions
53 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye all those who cannot afford uni fees, all those in WORK visiting  food banks , all those greedy hard working nurses and doctors within our NHS , all those greedy low paid workers , all them are just envious.

But you say feck all about this governments record in making it HARDER to better ones self, staggering arrogance  and a ignorance based  and create  on an avoidance of  the true facts on the direct Tory  polices that prevent those with feck all bettering themselves.

Bad life choices you say, more like very bad Tory policy choices.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye all those who cannot afford uni fees, all those in WORK visiting  food banks , all those greedy hard working nurses and doctors within our NHS , all those greedy low paid workers , all them are just envious.

But you say feck all about this governments record in making it HARDER to better ones self, staggering arrogance  and a ignorance based  and create  on an avoidance of  the true facts on the direct Tory  polices that prevent those with feck all bettering themselves.

Not quite where you thought you'd be at this stage of your life mate?

Don't worry, you've probably got time.

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yet NI can stay, something tells me we'd be alright.

Aye, Scotland's complicated border issues will see us OK right enough ?

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

There are no Uni fees in Scotland

I agree no-one in work should have to visit a food bank.

I agree with living wage- no-one in work should rely on benefits or handouts.

Not sure how those with feck all are prevented from bettering themselves.

At school it was patently obvious who would succeed and who would not.

Sadly you cannot give kids new parents who prioritise education.

The ones who mucked about in school got out of it what they deserved.

As did the ones who worked hard.

And that is regardless of background

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

a typical Tory response sadly.    Which makes it all the sadder that we don't have an effective Labour opposition at the moment. Labour needed to go to the left to get rid of the red tories but Corbyn just doesn't seem to have real leadership qualities. Plus the almost constant lies about him from the Right Wing press doesn't exactly help.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Quite.

Success = bad

Aspiration = bad

What a lot of crap, Corbyn wants everyone to be on good money. Unlike the Tories, who now see food banks as a benefits scheme for the working poor. Noone should need benefits when in work. Nobody!

3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Aye, Scotland's complicated border issues will see us OK right enough ?

No difference at all. Both Ireland and Scotland would have a border with the UK.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What a lot of crap, Corbyn wants everyone to be on good money. Unlike the Tories, who now see food banks as a benefits scheme for the working poor. Noone should need benefits when in work. Nobody!

NO argument from me on the working poor.

They have been BADLY let down, appallingly so.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

There are no Uni fees in Scotland

I agree no-one in work should have to visit a food bank.

I agree with living wage- no-one in work should rely on benefits or handouts.

Not sure how those with feck all are prevented from bettering themselves.

At school it was patently obvious who would succeed and who would not.

Sadly you cannot give kids new parents who prioritise education.

The ones who mucked about in school got out of it what they deserved.

As did the ones who worked hard.

And that is regardless of background

Quite.

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It is true though.

they work on the presumption that success is inherited, and that lack of success is because of the "system" holding people down.

That if you could take money off people who have worked to get it,  and give it to those who have not, everyone would be happy.

Whilst gloriously missing the point that generally in life people rise or fall to where their abilities and endeavour lead them.

Nope, wealth creation goes up to the wealthy .  

You spinning the line that those with feck all have it so because they are lazy.

What about the billions  in tax avoidance??

You are trying to paint a picture of a world of EQUAL opportunities based on individual  needs, feck all about affordability , nothing about insidious Tory  welfare polices.

There is a reason why those in WORK are visiting food banks, there is a reason  why there is an INCREASE in homelessness, there is a reason why working charities like Shelter and Child poverty charities  are raising  real concerns about the eight years of DIRECT  Tory polices that have created more misery.

You and Tanking can bleat and waffle all you like about BLAME shifting  onto the most vulnerable and those in hardship but the state  of the 8 years of this insidious government speaks for its self.

GO ask, or indeed look at  those charities working directly with the those suffering homelessness or extreme poverty , (n work or not) and i would  bet my last yankee dollar that your perceptions would be seriously challenged .

No way will the left stand back and take it dry from the  jumped up privileged  twats that this government  really serve.

No way are we ALL IN IT TOGETHER.

:lol:

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You and Tanking can bleat and waffle all you like about BLAME shifting  onto the most vulnerable and those in hardship

That's not what we're doing, mate, but if you wern't such BITTER WORKING CLASS LEFTIE you would understand that.

It's not our fault you live in a pond.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Nope, wealth creation goes up to the wealthy .  

You spinning the line that those with feck all have it so because they are lazy.

What about the billions  in tax avoidance??

You are trying to paint a picture of a world of EQUAL opportunities based on individual  needs, feck all about affordability , nothing about insidious Tory  welfare polices.

There is a reason why those in WORK are visiting food banks, there is a reason  why there is an INCREASE in homelessness, there is a reason why working charities like Shelter and Child poverty charities  are raising  real concerns about the eight years of DIRECT  Tory polices that have created more misery.

You and Tanking can bleat and waffle all you like about BLAME shifting  onto the most vulnerable and those in hardship but the state  of the 8 years of this insidious government speaks for its self.

GO ask, or indeed look at  those charities working directly with the those suffering homelessness or extreme poverty , (n work or not) and i would  bet my last yankee dollar that your perceptions would be seriously challenged .

No way will the left stand back and take it dry from the  jumped up privileged  twats that this government  really serve.

No way are we ALL IN IT TOGETHER.

I grew up in a deprived rural area.

My wife came from a single parent family in a council estate in Ayrshire.

Both state educated.

Neither inherited anything apart from a work ethic.

From our peers those who worked hard at school did well- regardless of background.

Those who did not- even the kids of the farmers, vets, Dr's and so on who I viewed as being rich because they got things like new bikes, foreign holidays and trainers NOT made by Gola or Hi-tech- who mucked about reaped those rewards.

That's not blame shifting- quite why people cannot see that education is important defies belief..... and by the time your in some minging job on low pay its too late to moan .

maroonlegions
17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Trying to be clever and patronising someone you know feck all about is not a very intelligent trait mate. 

Waffling seems to be a Tory trait just now , just ask May. :lol:

Worked hard all my life, enjoying my life , still got my health, quite happy with with i got, how about you, still want that bigger car, house, bank ballance , so you can lorde it over even more with those at the bottom, very manly trait you have.

What next, back to the 1700s, work houses, no NHS or welfare.

Keep voting Tory and your dream will come true, even go to church every Sunday to pray for it. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Trying to be clever and patronising someone you know feck all about is not a very intelligent trait mate. 

Worked hard all my life, enjoying my life , still got my health, quite happy with with i got, how about you, still want that bigger car, house, bank ballance , so you can lorde it over even more with those at the bottom, very manly trait you have.

Keep voting Tory and your dream will come true, even go to church every Sunday to pray for it. 

marty-feldman.jpg

maroonlegions

Says someone who is on a working class football forum. :facepalm:

Aint bitter try anger at people like you who kick those down with feck all, very manly , you feel like a man do you doing that.:cornette:

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Sure , I want it all, not so I can lord it over anyone.

Shit, I even pay my cleaner £12 per hour and a Christmas bonus because she works hard

( and bought her son a Nintendo switch as she couldn't afford it)

Probably boils your piss that I have a cleaner.....but hey that's private medical work for you!

maroonlegions
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

marty-feldman.jpg

Childless themes aint going to save your lost argument.

Grow up. 

Image result for pictures of rich idiots

Tankins image of himself  he hopes all of us envious working class lefties on a football forum have of him. 

Rather be happy , healthy and  have a healthy family  living in a fecking pond  mate, thanks very much. :greggy:

Governor Tarkin

You really are a peculiar little man ML.

Now I'm going to help you out a bit and call an end to this little engagement as there's clearly a mismatch of intellects and it's not really a fair fight.

Toodles for noodles, chum. :)

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Shit, I even pay my cleaner £12 per hour and a Christmas bonus because she works hard

Probably boils your piss that I have a cleaner.....but hey that's private medical work for you!

:pleasing:

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Fecking hell taking about BRAGGING.

Could not give a feck, but you and your tory chum  troll as usual  turn it in to personal insults.

All you and your mate got is the ENVIOUS road to go down , must boil your champagne  piss that it aint working, glorious . 

My points were about Tory polices  the the poverty the and hardships they have created to those in WORK and those struggling and not me being envious of the size of both of your dicks,.:lol:

maroonlegions
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You really are a peculiar little man ML.

Now I'm going to help you out a bit and call an end to this little engagement as there's clearly a mismatch of intellects and it's not really a fair fight.

Toodles for noodles, chum. :)

You are  really a very weird  bauld rich man on a working class  football forum that has the need to BRAGG about his wealth. 

Sure you know its not a rugger forum.

Will keep this simple, dont give a feck mate, Corbymn is coming.:lol:

Fair fight, aye, filled with your  remark of LIVING  IN A POND.:facepalm:

Tally hoy old chump,  and remember when that fox is screaming in  agony  ,as its  being ripped to pieces ALIVE , remember that its ILLEGAL in Scotland.

Edited by maroonlegions

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

No difference at all. Both Ireland and Scotland would have a border with the UK.

There's something wrong in your head if you don't see a difference. No point in saying any more.

40 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You pay your wife £12 an hour.

4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

There's something wrong in your head if you don't see a difference. No point in saying any more.

I'm right tho. 

How is this a 'working class football forum'? Is this another term aimed at dividing us?  It is just a Hearts forum, pure and simple.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

How is this a 'working class football forum'? Is this another term aimed at dividing us?  It is just a Hearts forum, pure and simple.

Football is the working class game. Well it used to be.

maroonlegions

Remember folks, that  all of us bitter and envious working class who are living in ponds are so because of BAD LIFE CHOICES.  

Some of us indeed could be very happy living on our ponds with a happy and healthy family that we dont even feel the need to BRAGG about it.

Saying that ,here below are some key FACTS ,that the UN found out about the root causes of poverty in the UK, or at least in the these last 12 years of DIRECT Tory polices.

The UK government is in a state of denial about the impact of austerity policies on the poor, UN rapporteur Philip Alston’s hard-hitting report on poverty, concluded. Here are some of the main points.

Austerity;

Alston was critical of the “mentality” behind cuts and reforms introduced in the past few years that have brought misery and torn at the social fabric. “British compassion for those who are suffering has been replaced by a punitive, mean-spirited and callous approach …”

Universal credit;

The government’s ambitious programme to simplify the benefits system was a good idea in principle but was “fast falling into universal discredit” and should be overhauled. It was gratuitously punitive in its effects. Draconian sanctions and long payment delays drove claimants into hardship, depression and despair.

Brexit;

The most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of society will take the biggest hit from Brexit, Alston said. People felt their homes, jobs and communities were at risk. “Ironically it was these very fears and insecurity that contributed significantly to the Brexit vote.”

Who suffers?

“Changes to taxes and benefits have taken the highest toll on those least able to bear it,” said Alston, with the costs of austerity falling disproportionately on the poor, women, ethnic minorities, children, single parents, asylum seekers and people with disabilities.

Holes in the social safety net

Massive cuts to council funding, alongside big rises in demand for social care, had reduced many local authorities to providing basic services only, and had heralded the closure of libraries, parks and youth clubs. This was “damaging the fabric” of British society and eroding its sense of community.

Poverty;

Alston said the UK government had told him the social support system was working and there was no extreme poverty in the UK. But the individual testimonies he received during his visit told a different story. “There is a striking and almost complete disconnect between what I heard from the government and what I consistently heard from many people directly, across the country.”

A digital welfare state;

The government’s embrace of digital technology and automation was especially visible in universal credit, where the digital-by-default approach excluded people with no internet access or skills. “We are witnessing the gradual disappearance of the postwar British welfare state behind a webpage and an algorithm,” Alston said.

Remember folks, this has nothing to do with some Tory trolls arguments of a "working class mosaic made up of  nothing more than a bitter envious tirade  of  bad life choices and those envious of the well off.

maroonlegions
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This is 2018.

2018 or not football is STILL mainly supported  by the working class, i can even use an example, Hibs and Celtic supporters .:lol: 

According to a poll on Sky News, 46% of people still think May is trusted to run the country, 22% think Corbyn is most trusted, the rest didnt know. 

After all that's went on, 22% for Corbyn ??

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

2018 or not football is STILL mainly supported  by the working class, i can even use an example, Hibs and Celtic supporters .:lol: 

The term 'working class' has no place in modern society.  Most people are workers and class is now earned and not a birthright.