The Future of the Club

Rudy T

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Firstly I agree on your theory regarding loan signings and most clubs do that as they can't afford to sign that level of player other than a loan deal.

Part of my point was that I am hoping that we are going to start seeing the end of such a big turnaround in players with some signings that are in essence pointless and a waste of money. What is the point in signing players and putting them out on loan unless they are young guys you want to develop?

I know that CL has a thing about bringing in players who have possbly lost their way a bit or he sees as development potential however to sign the number of players we have sinec CL has been with the club is enourmous in comparison to most.

I would hope that now we have the nucleous of a decent squad to CL's credit that he will get rid of the "deadwood" and minimise the number of signings hopefully focussing on more quality than quantity.

I also agree that with your suggestion re new signings.

I actually hope we are making a good reputation for ourselves from down south.  It seems that most of our loan signings are generally well impressed with the set up, training facilities etc and, CL usually invites them to a feisty home game to get a feel for the atmosphere (most of the time).  Hopefully they take this message back to players/teams down south.

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I actually hope we are making a good reputation for ourselves from down south.  It seems that most of our loan signings are generally well impressed with the set up, training facilities etc and, CL usually invites them to a feisty home game to get a feel for the atmosphere (most of the time).  Hopefully they take this message back to players/teams down south.

In relation to that what would we as fans think/do if say by the red bull or Eithad (city) franchises every came calling to Hearts for a Scottish team?? 

highlandjambo3
51 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

In relation to that what would we as fans think/do if say by the red bull or Eithad (city) franchises every came calling to Hearts for a Scottish team?? 

Depends on how big a slice they wanted.  eg Naming rights for a stand might be ok but, renaming Tynecastle Park would not be (imo) however......money talks so who knows.

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Firstly I agree on your theory regarding loan signings and most clubs do that as they can't afford to sign that level of player other than a loan deal.

Part of my point was that I am hoping that we are going to start seeing the end of such a big turnaround in players with some signings that are in essence pointless and a waste of money. What is the point in signing players and putting them out on loan unless they are young guys you want to develop?

I know that CL has a thing about bringing in players who have possbly lost their way a bit or he sees as development potential however to sign the number of players we have sinec CL has been with the club is enourmous in comparison to most.

I would hope that now we have the nucleous of a decent squad to CL's credit that he will get rid of the "deadwood" and minimise the number of signings hopefully focussing on more quality than quantity.

I also agree that with your suggestion re new signings.

Think we are on similar wavelenths.  

The turnover of players in previous years has been staggering.    Agree that we have a solid base now to hopefully add in a couple of quality players each season to keep improving the squad.   

I felt under robbie and cathro we were too quick to bin players that were okay for the club, especially front men.  Hopefully now we will start to see continuity with the squad.   

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Well it sounds like Jimmy Dunne can't wait to get back up here so he will hopefully be spreading the word.