The Future of the Club

Rudy T

Once Ann Budge is repaid and we have fan ownership I always thought Ann would remain in place. I’m not so sure now in light of the recent incidents. I do wonder if she thinks it’s all worth it now?

Perhaps it will drive her on more to get the club she wants, wether that’s what all the fans want is a debate in itself.

Perhaps with more of a fans voice on the board things will be different but for now it’s her club and my word has she put her stamp on it, it’s a world away from what I’ve witnessed in my 35+ years service, the stadium the investment the sponsors and hopefully the team is building also, but will she continue?

A sense of perspective is required. I doubt Mrs Budge will put off by handfuls of idiots who stand out from the crowd. The trouble with the Glasgow teams' fans is that they are more than a few. There is safety in numbers as they all blend in.

31 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Once Ann Budge is repaid and we have fan ownership I always thought Ann would remain in place. I’m not so sure now in light of the recent incidents. I do wonder if she thinks it’s all worth it now?

Perhaps it will drive her on more to get the club she wants, wether that’s what all the fans want is a debate in itself.

Perhaps with more of a fans voice on the board things will be different but for now it’s her club and my word has she put her stamp on it, it’s a world away from what I’ve witnessed in my 35+ years service, the stadium the investment the sponsors and hopefully the team is building also, but will she continue?

I hope she does stay on. Hopefully with fan ownership however, the far-right arseholes’ ire won’t be concentrated on one good person anymore?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I want to know if we could put solar panels on all the stands and punt any excess electricity for £££ 

See top of wheatfield 

Image may contain: outdoor

Probably be able to tie in the cleaning contract with the windows contract. A snip at £500k per year maybe even get a discount for such a large contract. 

19 minutes ago, OTT said:

I want to know if we could put solar panels on all the stands and punt any excess electricity for £££ 

See top of wheatfield 

That powers the secret meth lab in the hidden bunker under the stand.     

I think it is healthy to have different people leading.

But can see Ann Budge carrying on for a couple of years after fan ownership which would be an acceptable transition. 

Just now, Victorian said:

Its called “the new boiler and controls space” under the Roseburn. Walter is the “maintenance guy”.?

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In fairness if we sold meth we may be able to break the Old Firm duopoly. Worth exploring.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

And we sell it to our local rivals fans. Hibs fans often wonder where the FOH money comes from and really its them thats paying into it. Unbelievable jeff.

Hopefully she stays on. She has been amazing and we have been / are so lucky to have her. What she (and us) have achieved has been incredible. The few idiots won’t win

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Wrong Edinburgh stadium ??

2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

In fairness if we sold meth we may be able to break the Old Firm duopoly. Worth exploring.

Report came out saying Scots use more cocaine in a session than anywhere else in the UK so maybe we just need a link up with Colombia and we can smash that duopoly....

All she is doing is continuing to make Hearts a family club that people can be proud to be a part of. I don't think a couple of people getting themselves banned for racism will put off Mrs Budge. When the emails got sent I thought she was being a bit hard on sections G & N but I've reconsidered. G have clearly listened and taken on board but N have decided not to. More fool them... I detest that a bunch of loons tried to link MaCrae's with Tommy Robinson and I detest that people were shouting racist abuse at a Motherwell player. Chucking coins at Neil Lennon I'm actually a bit more "meh" about as I think he is a loon himself and enjoys interacting with people who abuse him - dance with the devil and you get burned...

Best thing to happen to us in my lifetime. I dread to think what would have happened to us if it wasn't for her.

She deserves to stay. She didn't get to where she was today with out being strong and resilient. She will flush the idiots out in time, a remarkable woman who we are lucky to have.

Who do we need more?

The person who saved the club, brought us instant promotion, a new Main Stand and a solid financial future?

Or a small bunch of far-right dinosaurs and some youths they groomed into their own image?

:kirk:

I think that Ann Budge has done an outstanding job in safeguarding the future of the club.

There have been a number of times when the behind the scenes business could've been slightly better handled but that would be picking fault simply for the sake of it. No business have ever been run faultlessly.

Under her guardianship we have become a 'family' club, something I agree wholeheartedly with and I'm proud of.

Those who feel that she has created a 'Nanny State' within the club are entitled to their opinion re this, and to an extent I would agree with them, however, I never lose sight of the fact that she is a proper Hearts fan, always with our best interests at heart.

We should all be eternally grateful that she not only put her money where her mouth is but she provided her expert business brain as well.

Football fans can be thick and fickle, and Hearts fans on occasion can be no different, but we must all know that our Owner, CEO and Chairwoman has been nothing but good for our club.

3 hours ago, OTT said:

See top of wheatfield 

Powers the printing machine for Tommy Hearts stickers.

Footballfirst

I'd expect her to stay on for another couple of years (or until her initial investment and subsequent loan are paid back).

I've heard that Eric Hogg would like her to pack it in and retire to her yacht in the Med.

10 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Ann has done a superb job and I doubt that the actions of a handful of fans will have the slightest impact on whether she stays in or not.  

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'd expect her to stay on for another couple of years (or until her initial investment and subsequent loan are paid back).

I've heard that Eric Hogg would like her to pack it in and retire to her yacht in the Med.

Aegean I think.

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

Been wondering where all that maroon crystal meth was originating from ??

7 hours ago, Coolio said:

I think that Ann Budge has done an outstanding job in safeguarding the future of the club.

There have been a number of times when the behind the scenes business could've been slightly better handled but that would be picking fault simply for the sake of it. No business have ever been run faultlessly.

Under her guardianship we have become a 'family' club, something I agree wholeheartedly with and I'm proud of.

Those who feel that she has created a 'Nanny State' within the club are entitled to their opinion re this, and to an extent I would agree with them, however, I never lose sight of the fact that she is a proper Hearts fan, always with our best interests at heart.

We should all be eternally grateful that she not only put her money where her mouth is but she provided her expert business brain as well.

Football fans can be thick and fickle, and Hearts fans on occasion can be no different, but we must all know that our Owner, CEO and Chairwoman has been nothing but good for our club.

The nanny state is only here because of the bigotry certain members of our support won’t leave behind. Drop that and all the other things like standing in sections and singing section would be allowed to continue and generate the atmosphere we all want. Unfortunately it seems to be a battle of wills between Ann and those who are determined to hate ‘Fenians’ as a mark of their support of Hearts!

35 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Been wondering where all that maroon crystal meth was originating from ??

Indeed. Just wish people wouldn’t smoke so much of it before posting.

12 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I very much doubt Ann cares much about the people who don't like her. She is loved and admired by the vast majority of Hearts fans.

It really is only complete simpletons who can't appreciate her part in saving the club and to be honest we would be far better off with out them.

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

It really is only complete simpletons who can't appreciate her part in saving the club and to be honest we would be far better off with out them.

:spoton:

Just now, Sarah O said:

I very much doubt Ann cares much about the people who don't like her. She is loved and admired by the vast majority of Hearts fans.

I doubt she cares about them either but she’s no spring chicken and was enjoying retirement before the call came, she done an incredible job and we should all be grateful our fellow fans of which I include Ann saved this club, but does she really need this shite when she could be a lady of leisure and her legacy remains for all to see?

22 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If I was Ann, I’d want to see it through until success was achieved on the pitch.

I'd like to think that too but I doubt many of us can truly understand the mindset of a 70 year old millionaire.

I honestly think that what has happened recently will just strengthen her resolve moving forward - if she feels that she is making progress and that the majority of fans want her to stay on then she would be open to doing so - she has said as much before 

Any fan causing trouble at a game isn't a fan of the club because all they are doing is damaging it. They damage it's reputation and they damage it financially. 

I hope Ann continues for as long as she can and punts these arseholes from the stadium permanently. 

I've heard some argue that they pay their money and pay into the FOH as if that gives them power to act how they like. They can shove their money up their arse and **** off. 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The nanny state is only here because of the bigotry certain members of our support won’t leave behind. Drop that and all the other things like standing in sections and singing section would be allowed to continue and generate the atmosphere we all want. Unfortunately it seems to be a battle of wills between Ann and those who are determined to hate ‘Fenians’ as a mark of their support of Hearts!

Not sure if I made my point clearly enough re the Nanny State as I fully agree with your point but I'm not sure if my post made clear my viewpoint.

Ann is guilty, if she is guilty of anything that is, of occasionally being overly mothering in her approach. This imo is a really good thing, especially for a 'family' club but 'others' may view this as suffocating.  

The 'others' of which I speak I believe are the idiot neanderthals of which you speak and of which I am in total agreement with you re their putrid vitriol and that it has no place in society full stop.

I believe Ann is very forward thinking and would/does embrace all aspects of what would make the Match day Experience better, therefore ideas such as Safe Standing would've been up for consideration at some point.

Tragically there are a number in our support who believe that they should be allowed to congregate together and conduct themselves in a manner that they believe is acceptable at a football match,  "I've paid my money so I can do what I want".

These welts must be hounded from our club, one at a time if need be, divide and conquer, but they must be conquered, they cannot be allowed to continually embarrass and the vast majority of us.

The atmosphere at a game is of massive significance in the support of our team but the vast majority of teams throughout the world manage to do this without resorting to sectarian/racist insults.

The minority of idiots in our support need to realise that OF supporters conduct should not be the yardstick with which we measure ourselves.

24 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Not sure if I made my point clearly enough re the Nanny State as I fully agree with your point but I'm not sure if my post made clear my viewpoint.

Ann is guilty, if she is guilty of anything that is, of occasionally being overly mothering in her approach. This imo is a really good thing, especially for a 'family' club but 'others' may view this as suffocating.  

The 'others' of which I speak I believe are the idiot neanderthals of which you speak and of which I am in total agreement with you re their putrid vitriol and that it has no place in society full stop.

I believe Ann is very forward thinking and would/does embrace all aspects of what would make the Match day Experience better, therefore ideas such as Safe Standing would've been up for consideration at some point.

Tragically there are a number in our support who believe that they should be allowed to congregate together and conduct themselves in a manner that they believe is acceptable at a football match,  "I've paid my money so I can do what I want".

These welts must be hounded from our club, one at a time if need be, divide and conquer, but they must be conquered, they cannot be allowed to continually embarrass and the vast majority of us.

The atmosphere at a game is of massive significance in the support of our team but the vast majority of teams throughout the world manage to do this without resorting to sectarian/racist insults.

The minority of idiots in our support need to realise that OF supporters conduct should not be the yardstick with which we measure ourselves.

Most decent fans will agree with that.

To nitpick, however, I would not use the word "mothering".  She is just a decent honest person trying to uphold standards that should be adhered to, not only at football matches but also elsewhere.  Anyone who doesn't like that should maybe find another team to support.

The future of the club on a financial footing looks to be sound and I would see no real reason why that should change assuming that come the day AB leaves we appoint someone who can keep the club on the same track.

I am more concerned about trying to stabilise the turnaround of players coming in and out and I think CL is gradually getting there but we are still going to have another mass clearout again in the summer.

Barring the horrendous luck we have had with injuries we have still got a number of players who have helped us this season who may not be with us next season.

Naismith

Mitchell

Dunne

We also have the following players out on loan and I can't honestly imagine more than about three of them being retained.

Baur

Moore

Henderson

Irving

Zanatta

Keena

Burns

Martin

Sammon

Edwards

We also have Amankwa and Mulraney who I just can't see being retained beyond their existing contracts and Hughes will be finished at the end of his too although he may be offered a backroom role (as if we didn't have enough already).

So by my calculations that is a total of 16 players and I doubt very much if more than 5 or 6 of them will be retained.

That means that we are going to be losing potentially 10 or 11 players who presumably will need to be replaced so the merry-go-round will still be here next season.

15 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Seems to me the only fans who want Ann out are those who want to go back to the "Gorgie Bootboy" era.......

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The future of the club on a financial footing looks to be sound and I would see no real reason why that should change assuming that come the day AB leaves we appoint someone who can keep the club on the same track.

I am more concerned about trying to stabilise the turnaround of players coming in and out and I think CL is gradually getting there but we are still going to have another mass clearout again in the summer.

Barring the horrendous luck we have had with injuries we have still got a number of players who have helped us this season who may not be with us next season.

Naismith

Mitchell

Dunne

We also have the following players out on loan and I can't honestly imagine more than about three of them being retained.

Baur

Moore

Henderson

Irving

Zanatta

Keena

Burns

Martin

Sammon

Edwards

We also have Amankwa and Mulraney who I just can't see being retained beyond their existing contracts and Hughes will be finished at the end of his too although he may be offered a backroom role (as if we didn't have enough already).

So by my calculations that is a total of 16 players and I doubt very much if more than 5 or 6 of them will be retained.

That means that we are going to be losing potentially 10 or 11 players who presumably will need to be replaced so the merry-go-round will still be here next season.

Good post. Keep Burns, Irving and Keena then bin the rest. Also try to get Naismith on a pre contract then will need to see what happens with Dunne and Mitchell next summer. 

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Good post. Keep Burns, Irving and Keena then bin the rest. Also try to get Naismith on a pre contract then will need to see what happens with Dunne and Mitchell next summer. 

No sure about Irving don’t know enough about him but Burns and Keena would likely be getting 1st team game time right now if they were with us.

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Most decent fans will agree with that.

To nitpick, however, I would not use the word "mothering".  She is just a decent honest person trying to uphold standards that should be adhered to, not only at football matches but also elsewhere.  Anyone who doesn't like that should maybe find another team to support.

:thumb:

Craig Herbertson
On 10/12/2018 at 23:25, Coolio said:

Top post

We pay the fair age and we instantly ban active racism as a decent club should. We have a modern stadium with no debt and our attendances are healthy. On top of that we have players we can't afford agreeing to wage cuts just to play for us.

22 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Naismith

Mitchell

Dunne

Baur

Moore

Henderson

Irving

Zanatta

Keena

Burns

Martin

Sammon

Edwards

Re mitchell dunne n naismith.   I think each season we will start to see around 3 loan players at the club, the english premiership have such large squads od talented young players they need game time.  We will continue to utilise this market going forward.

For the rest of the players out on loan, most of then will be replaced in squad numbers by the next batch of youth players coming through.  Martin sammon amd edwards leaving would free up a good chunck of wage to imrpove the squad though.

Summer time 2 centre halfs in.   2 wide midfielders and another striker.  I would be a bit shocked if we sign any more first team players than that unless anyone else leaves.

On 10/12/2018 at 19:48, OTT said:

See top of wheatfield 

The top of the Wheatfield doesn't have solar panels on it! It's just a largely non-opaque roof to let a little more natural light through to the pitch.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:46, Spellczech said:

All she is doing is continuing to make Hearts a family club that people can be proud to be a part of. I don't think a couple of people getting themselves banned for racism will put off Mrs Budge. When the emails got sent I thought she was being a bit hard on sections G & N but I've reconsidered. G have clearly listened and taken on board but N have decided not to. More fool them... I detest that a bunch of loons tried to link MaCrae's with Tommy Robinson and I detest that people were shouting racist abuse at a Motherwell player. Chucking coins at Neil Lennon I'm actually a bit more "meh" about as I think he is a loon himself and enjoys interacting with people who abuse him - dance with the devil and you get burned...

Nicely put mate!

20 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The top of the Wheatfield doesn't have solar panels on it! It's just a largely non-opaque roof to let a little more natural light through to the pitch.

The small dark squares in the photo are solar panels.

1 hour ago, Elshin said:

Re mitchell dunne n naismith.   I think each season we will start to see around 3 loan players at the club, the english premiership have such large squads od talented young players they need game time.  We will continue to utilise this market going forward.

For the rest of the players out on loan, most of then will be replaced in squad numbers by the next batch of youth players coming through.  Martin sammon amd edwards leaving would free up a good chunck of wage to imrpove the squad though.

Summer time 2 centre halfs in.   2 wide midfielders and another striker.  I would be a bit shocked if we sign any more first team players than that unless anyone else leaves.

Firstly I agree on your theory regarding loan signings and most clubs do that as they can't afford to sign that level of player other than a loan deal.

Part of my point was that I am hoping that we are going to start seeing the end of such a big turnaround in players with some signings that are in essence pointless and a waste of money. What is the point in signing players and putting them out on loan unless they are young guys you want to develop?

I know that CL has a thing about bringing in players who have possbly lost their way a bit or he sees as development potential however to sign the number of players we have sinec CL has been with the club is enourmous in comparison to most.

I would hope that now we have the nucleous of a decent squad to CL's credit that he will get rid of the "deadwood" and minimise the number of signings hopefully focussing on more quality than quantity.

I also agree that with your suggestion re new signings.

Edited by wavydavy
typo