Singapore Marathon.

Paolo

Just now, Tazio said:

Just running a marathon there is an achievement. A 15 minute walk had me sweating like a pig. 

Yep, was there last week. This is the cooler season and it was still 28C and humid as anything!

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just running a marathon there is an achievement. A 15 minute walk had me sweating like a pig. 

Exactly, I was a sweaty mess when I was there, it’s so humid.

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, Tazio said:

Aye, that trek from the hotel to Orchard Towers is a killer.

19 hours ago, Paolo said:

I know the Kenyans are excellent long distance runners, but this does sound odd to me. 

http://news.sky.com/story/kenya-believe-it-first-17-finishers-in-singapore-marathon-all-from-same-country-11577193

The first non-kenyan had a pretty slow time (comparatively) so I guess there's nothing that odd. Just happened that all of the elite runners were kenyan.

For comparison the guy who finished 18th wouldn't have even made the top 100 at the last New York marathon.

Edited by Taffin

On 10/12/2018 at 17:25, Tazio said:

10 for me. 

Not a huge surprise.

Many elite athletes refused to take part, as people have died on that marathon in recent yeas.

Way too hot and way too humid to be safe.

Kenyans reckon they can handle it.