Michael Smith to be offered new deal

Chaps

Excellent news. Smith has proven to be a solid, steady and reliable player for the team. He appears well grounded and most importantly, if his family are happy in Edinburgh - that'll enable him to extend his stay with the Famous. Have a great Crimbo Michael - you're a Jambo !!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Sounds promising. Hopefully he signs as we are in need of his cool, experienced presence in the backline.

worryingly the same article mentions that some discussions haven't gone the way  Craig wanted.

18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

worryingly the same article mentions that some discussions haven't gone the way  Craig wanted.

Yea, noticed this as well, who could that be I wonder 

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

It could be from previous seasons. Not necessarily to do with current players.

26 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

In his next sentence he says, 'it sometimes effects their performances' so maybe not naismith 

4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Great to get smith signed up but which other contracts end this year? Craig always throws in a curveball - really hope it’s not Naismith 

Naismith may be the one, plus souttar only has 18months left.

On smith, good news and hope he signs.    Becoming a very solid and dependable player, type of players we need to stop the revolving door we have seen each transfer window recently. 

Edited by Elshin

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Good point

30 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I read that as he's had some talks with players and their form has taken a dip so he's waiting until the break now. Which is also worrying but I'm assuming you think he's saying some haven't been conducive talks to seeing the player stay?

Hope not. Fingers crossed.

Very much meh from me. I think he is ok and is having a decent season but just an overall 'meh' player, imo of course.

Edited by i8hibsh

scott herbertson
45 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Quite possibly contract extensions on guys who Levein thinks have proved their worth like  Lee or Morrison but whose form has since dipped a bit

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Very much meh from me. I think he is ok and is having a decent season but just an overall 'meh' player, imo of course.

I'm shocked by this....

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Could be something that has happened in recent weeks but just as easily could be a reference to the likes of Jamie Walker

10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Could be something that has happened in recent weeks but just as easily could be a reference to the likes of Jamie Walker

Read it this way too. Hope it's the case!

I can't think of anyone who's out of form and would be having contract discussions.

The likes of Lee and Garruccio are so early it can't be them. Cochrane had a new contract recently, Souttar is injured.

Maybe he's referencing other times it's happened in his career and not eluding to anything recent

13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah - likely this sort of thing

Happy with this, if we could find a left footed Michael Smith for the other side we’d be pretty solid.

Smith 

Naisy 

Djoum

2 years with the option of 1 more year

Dikamona 1 year

Soapy 4 year deal please.

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

This will be reported as Naismith. Guarantee it. 

Is it perhaps a reference to Djoum as they had talks recently? The bit about form reads a bit like he doesn't want to dent the form the person is in. Not sure though, just a guess.

Good news about Smith though as he is a good solid versatile player and you know what you are getting from him every single week. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Doubt that he is talking in the present tense 

EastSideJambo
10 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Doubt that he is talking in the present tense 

Suspect he is referring to previous period. Most likely last season. It's a pish article from a truly pish publication 

Makes absolute sense to retain Michael Smith.  Good pro who is versatile and doesn't let you down in a variety of positions. Done well enough in centre mid last season too 

Edited by EastSideJambo

Reliable player hope he re-signs as we need less turnover of players and a bit of stability in our squad. Particularly after the last few years.

letsalldothebeattie

Quite rightly so as well. Mr Reliable a solid 7 out of 10 most weeks. Been a terrific addition to the club since his arrival and more than happy to see him extend his stay 

Reads to me like he's not going to make the same mistake as he has done previously by starting negotiations while games are still being played as it's had a negative effect in the past.

Really solid pro who is an asset for us...

Prefer him actually playing in the middle whether CH/Sweeper or holding CM but good news for him and us...

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Think he was talking about previous players.

4 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Suspect he is referring to previous period. Most likely last season. It's a pish article from a truly pish publication 

Makes absolute sense to retain Michael Smith.  Good pro who is versatile and doesn't let you down in a variety of positions. Done well enough in centre mid last season too 

You may be right but it doesn't read that way .

Maybe the pish publication is pish at English ?

EastSideJambo
14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You may be right but it doesn't read that way .

Maybe the pish publication is pish at English ?

I think they're pish at everything 

He's absolutely earned an extension. Solid 7/10 player every week, one of our most consistent performers since he's joined. His versatility has saved the day a few times

EastSideJambo
Just now, lewis2006 said:

Jamie Hun Walker

That would be my guess 

I wonder if he's caught SG's eye with his blistering pace and work rate at Peterborough 

15 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Jamie Hun Walker

His agent is laughably bad.

Rangers: Billy King, Jason Cummings, Jason Holt (Jamie Walker - Almost)

Peterborough - Manager Steve Evans: Jason Cummings, Jamie Walker, Adam King.

Its almost like he has nae ****ing contacts outside of Glasgow :D 

On 10/12/2018 at 07:39, TypoonJambo said:

Hopefully not Naismith 

Im sure he'll sign and hang around...Defo future manager material and Craig loves to encourage young coaches

Its one of the reasons we signed Macca  he was only meant to be playing bit part, whilst getting in to coaching - obviously injuries have meant he's played far more than would have been expected