McDonald's ordering system

fabienleclerq

fabienleclerq

Utterly shite! Used the new system a few times and it's utterly chaotic. 

When it's quiet it's easy enough but when it's busy it seems so much slower people hanging about everywhere and no one running it. They've tried to be too clever with it.

Rant over!

31 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Utterly shite! Used the new system a few times and it's utterly chaotic. 

When it's quiet it's easy enough but when it's busy it seems so much slower people hanging about everywhere and no one running it. They've tried to be too clever with it.

Rant over!

Aye its a real chore taking the 3 mins to use the touch screen and pay with contactless right enough.

Plus I really do miss having to interact with some plooky halfwit whilst ordering a big mac..

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Aye its a real chore taking the 3 mins to use the touch screen and pay with contactless right enough.

Plus I really do miss having to interact with some plooky halfwit whilst ordering a big mac..

:laugh:

The ordering systems great. Choose an area, sit down and get table service. Saves me loads of hassle every night when I'm getting my 4 year old his dinner.

46 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

The ordering systems great. Choose an area, sit down and get table service. Saves me loads of hassle every night when I'm getting my 4 year old his dinner.

You take your kid to McDonalds every night for dinner? 

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Isn't it the food that's utterly shite ? 

It would seem not Jonno.

Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen swabbed in an investigation by metro.co.uk.

Samples were taken from the new machines that have been rolled out at restaurants across the country – every one of them had coliforms.

Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matewele said: ‘We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals.

‘For instance Enterococcus faecalis is part of the flora of gastrointestinal tracts of healthy humans and other mammals. It is notorious in hospitals for causing hospital acquired infections.’

Unsuspecting diners choose their food on the touchscreens then head to the server to pick up their burgers more often than not without washing their hands.

A screen at one branch was found to have staphylococcus, a bacteria that can cause blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome.

Dr Matewele said: ‘Seeing Staphylococcus on these machines is worrying because it is so contagious. ‘It starts around people’s noses, if they touch their nose with their fingers and then transfer it to the touchscreen someone else will get it, and if they have an open cut which it gets into, then it can be dangerous.

‘There is a lot of worries at the moment that staphylococcus is becoming resistant to antibiotics. However, it is still really dangerous in places like Africa where it can cause toxic shock.’

Metro.co.uk’s study with the university’s school of human sciences involved swabs taken from eight McDonald’s restaurants. Six in London and two in Birmingham.

Listeria bacteria was found in Oxford Street and Holloway Road branches. It can cause listeriosis which can lead to miscarriages and stillbirths in pregnant women.

Dr Matewele said: ‘Listeria is another rare bacterium we were shocked to find on touchscreen machines as again this can be very contagious and a problem for those with a weak immune system.’

Three quarters of the screens swabbed showed traces of the bacteria proteus.

Dr Matewele said: ‘Proteus can be found in human and animal faeces. It is also widely distributed in soil. It can cause urinary tract infections and is also one of the hospital acquired infections where it may responsible for septicaemia.0

‘Klebsiella is also from the gut and mouth, they are associated with urinary tract infections, septicemia and diarrhoea. Some species can infect the respiratory tract resulting in pneumonia.’

European court rules Dr Matewele added: ‘Touchscreen technology is being used more and more in our daily lives but these results show people should not eat food straight after touching them, they are unhygienic and can spread disease.

‘Someone can be very careful about their own hygiene throughout the day but it could all be undone by using a touchscreen machine once.’

McDonald’s does clean the screens with disinfectant but Dr Matewele said it ‘could not have been strong enough.

He added: ‘These bacteria can be on touchscreen machines for days on end.

A McDonald’s spokesman said: ‘Our self-order screens are cleaned frequently throughout the day. All of our restaurants also provide facilities for customers to wash their hands before eating.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-found-on-every-mcdonalds-touchscreen-tested-8178486/

20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

It would seem not Jonno.

Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen swabbed in an investigation by metro.co.uk.

Samples were taken from the new machines that have been rolled out at restaurants across the country – every one of them had coliforms.

Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matewele said: ‘We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals.

‘For instance Enterococcus faecalis is part of the flora of gastrointestinal tracts of healthy humans and other mammals. It is notorious in hospitals for causing hospital acquired infections.’

Unsuspecting diners choose their food on the touchscreens then head to the server to pick up their burgers more often than not without washing their hands.

A screen at one branch was found to have staphylococcus, a bacteria that can cause blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome.

Dr Matewele said: ‘Seeing Staphylococcus on these machines is worrying because it is so contagious. ‘It starts around people’s noses, if they touch their nose with their fingers and then transfer it to the touchscreen someone else will get it, and if they have an open cut which it gets into, then it can be dangerous.

‘There is a lot of worries at the moment that staphylococcus is becoming resistant to antibiotics. However, it is still really dangerous in places like Africa where it can cause toxic shock.’

Metro.co.uk’s study with the university’s school of human sciences involved swabs taken from eight McDonald’s restaurants. Six in London and two in Birmingham.

Listeria bacteria was found in Oxford Street and Holloway Road branches. It can cause listeriosis which can lead to miscarriages and stillbirths in pregnant women.

Dr Matewele said: ‘Listeria is another rare bacterium we were shocked to find on touchscreen machines as again this can be very contagious and a problem for those with a weak immune system.’

Three quarters of the screens swabbed showed traces of the bacteria proteus.

Dr Matewele said: ‘Proteus can be found in human and animal faeces. It is also widely distributed in soil. It can cause urinary tract infections and is also one of the hospital acquired infections where it may responsible for septicaemia.0

‘Klebsiella is also from the gut and mouth, they are associated with urinary tract infections, septicemia and diarrhoea. Some species can infect the respiratory tract resulting in pneumonia.’

European court rules Dr Matewele added: ‘Touchscreen technology is being used more and more in our daily lives but these results show people should not eat food straight after touching them, they are unhygienic and can spread disease.

‘Someone can be very careful about their own hygiene throughout the day but it could all be undone by using a touchscreen machine once.’

McDonald’s does clean the screens with disinfectant but Dr Matewele said it ‘could not have been strong enough.

He added: ‘These bacteria can be on touchscreen machines for days on end.

A McDonald’s spokesman said: ‘Our self-order screens are cleaned frequently throughout the day. All of our restaurants also provide facilities for customers to wash their hands before eating.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-found-on-every-mcdonalds-touchscreen-tested-8178486/

I seen a study that took swabs from 100s of phone screens, public spaces, buttons on transport.

Folks own phones tended to have more shit on them than anything else.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I seen a study that took swabs from 100s of phone screens, public spaces, buttons on transport.

People are just manky. 

Some of the facts and figures we got thrown at us during theatre training in the old RIE was pretty scary.

Ever since, I've been obsessive about washing my hands.

Салатные палочки
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What else are you going to do while sitting on the pan but post on Kickback.  

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I don’t think he was being entirely serious.

I hope ?

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I don’t think he was being entirely serious.

I hope ?

Exactly. At least change it up with a visit to burger king too. 

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

Exactly. At least change it up with a visit to burger king too. 

Or a nice KFC.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Can never be sure on this forum.

That’s very true.

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Saves me time cooking and washing up. Famous grouse in his milk saves me even more time at bedtime. More time for watching coronation Street and towie for me. Everybody wins.

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Saves me time cooking and washing up. Famous grouse in his milk saves me even more time at bedtime. More time for watching coronation Street and towie for me. Everybody wins.

:rofl:

Great response. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I find their adverts really patronising as well. We use real potatoes and real chicken ? ?

ps that whistling jingle that finishes the adverts is cringey as ****. 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, lewis2006 said:

The chore is waiting around in the scrum to pick up your food, the ordering bit is easy. 

Plooky halfwit > smartarse from kickback.

All roads lead to Gorgie
14 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

The chore is waiting around in the scrum to pick up your food, the ordering bit is easy. 

Plooky halfwit > smartarse from kickback.

:) I am going to start calling people Plooky halfwits instead of arseholes on here from now on. 

11 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

All of our restaurants also provide facilities for customers to wash their hands before eating.’

The last time I was in the Princes Street one at night the toilets were closed and I saw no other places I could wash my hands.  You weren’t even allowed to eat the burger inside.

11 hours ago, FWJ said:

The last time I was in the Princes Street one at night the toilets were closed and I saw no other places I could wash my hands.  You weren’t even allowed to eat the burger inside.

That sounds like, for whatever reason, they were running it as a takeaway at the time.  Do you wash your hands at the chippy??

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

That sounds like, for whatever reason, they were running it as a takeaway at the time.  Do you wash your hands at the chippy??

I do always wash my hands before I eat with them, yup.

(I always wash my hands when I get back to the house, too - especially if I’ve been on buses etc)

I’m not Lady Macbeth about it or anything, it’s just a thing.

It annoys me though that you always have to pull a handle to get out of the gents because you can bet your boots the person before you wasn’t as dainty with their hygiene - which may explain the faecal bacteria that’s found all over the place.

Edited by FWJ

30 minutes ago, FWJ said:

(I always wash my hands when I get back to the house, too - especially if I’ve been on buses etc)

It annoys me though that you always have to pull a handle to get out of the gents because you can bet your boots the person before you wasn’t as dainty with their hygiene - which may explain the faecal bacteria that’s found all over the place.

Yep, i always carry hand gel with me where ever I go as some people are just manky.

32 minutes ago, FWJ said:

The number of times I've been drying my hands in the gents, and made a mad breenge for the door when it's been closing after someone's come in/ went out... or trying to open the door with my pinky, touching a bit of the handle I think might not have been touched as much.

48 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

The number of times I've been drying my hands in the gents, and made a mad breenge for the door when it's been closing after someone's come in/ went out... or trying to open the door with my pinky, touching a bit of the handle I think might not have been touched as much.

I’m glad it’s not just me!

57 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Door handles are rife...!