Sportscene

DVB

12 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Agreed. Makes you wonder if Levein and him have made up?

I think he realised that he was making himself look very snide. He's back to being the switched on, interesting pundit he was before all the nonsense started.

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

I think he realised that he was making himself look very snide. He's back to being the switched on, interesting pundit he was before all the nonsense started.

or maybe it's just that our performances have improved this season and he is calling it as it is.......

On the subject of the "disallowed" goal here is what is quoted in the Motherwell Times.

"The Times and Speaker was shocked to hear about the abuse of Mbulu, on a day when match referee Willie Collum didn’t cover himself in glory with his performance.

Video replays shown later clearly revealed that the much maligned whistler got it WRONG when disallowing a Motherwell goal at 0-0 when he adjudged that ’Well striker Curtis Main had fouled Hearts defender Clevid Dikamona in the build-up.

Motherwell dominated long spells of Saturday’s game and deserved a minimum of a point."

Not sure what game they are referring to but it's not my recollection from Saturday.

https://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/tynecastle-fans-racist-abuse-of-well-s-christian-mbulu-1-4842028

Just now, graygo said:

On the subject of the "disallowed" goal here is what is quoted in the Motherwell Times.

"The Times and Speaker was shocked to hear about the abuse of Mbulu, on a day when match referee Willie Collum didn’t cover himself in glory with his performance.

Video replays shown later clearly revealed that the much maligned whistler got it WRONG when disallowing a Motherwell goal at 0-0 when he adjudged that ’Well striker Curtis Main had fouled Hearts defender Clevid Dikamona in the build-up.

Motherwell dominated long spells of Saturday’s game and deserved a minimum of a point."

Not sure what game they are referring to but it's not my recollection from Saturday.

https://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/tynecastle-fans-racist-abuse-of-well-s-christian-mbulu-1-4842028

I'll reword this to what they mean

"We like Stephen Robinson. He got us to Cup finals. The players play with pride. We do really well in games against Old Firm where players raise their game. 

"But he could be at his limit. Bottom six just above relegation looks like where we are at. The play is predictable and easily defended. 

"But we can't yet say he should go. So we'll just pick every positive and anything that we think went against us." 

When Michael Stewart used the Sportscene platform to bring ' Tommy Robinson ' into the debate i immedietly cringed with embarrassment.  BRING BACK ARCHIE !!   OOOOOOOOOOOOF !

On 11/12/2018 at 11:42, graygo said:

In fairness, that is Motherwell's local newspaper. I can see how it's confusing to see a local paper sticking up for their local team though.

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, that is Motherwell's local newspaper. I can see how it's confusing to see a local paper sticking up for their local team though.

Was about to post something similar

All roads lead to Gorgie
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The local papers are right to stick up for their own teams. However, in the capital the local paper has hibs down as some kind of swashbuckling Brazil ?

On 11/12/2018 at 07:31, Deevers said:

Could it not be that he was just saying what he sees?

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Could it not be that he was just saying what he sees?

Nah. Little doubt that his personal issues with Levein were clouding his ability to be even handed as far as Hearts were concerned. Thankfully that seems to have passed.