SFA Cup

King Of The Cat Cafe

2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

OK: I thought the hobbits had also been drawn at home.

We are the only club to get an SPL team all the others have much easier oppostion.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I have heard that our game will be on Thurs 17th and will be shown on BBC.

Heard from whom?

King Of The Cat Cafe
12 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I have heard that our game will be on Thurs 17th and will be shown on BBC.

Quite like that idea.  It's better than three trips in seven days for my own selfish reasons.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Heard from whom?

Chairman of Livingston.Checked with him again yesterday as had not seen it mentioned anywhere else and he confirmed it.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

We are the only club to get an SPL team all the others have much easier oppostion.

Who did all the other Premiership clubs get drawn against then?

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Chairman of Livingston.Checked with him again yesterday as had not seen it mentioned anywhere else and he confirmed it.

As I was scrolling I spotted your post. Wouldn't surprise me if ours is televised.

Livingston are potential shock troops...but not this season hopefully. ?

Edited by Debut 4

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Pretty sure Livingston got an "SPL" team too!

Edit: Beaten to it!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who did all the other Premiership clubs get drawn against then?

Hearts v Livingston

Aberdeen v Stenhousemuir

Celtic v Airdrie

Cowdenbeath v Rangers

Dundee v QoS

Hibs v Elgin

Kilmarnock v Forfar

Motherwell v Ross County

St Johnstone v Hamilton

St Mirren v Alloa

Footballfirst

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/scottish-cup-date-confirmed-1

Hearts’ William Hill Scottish Cup match against Livingston will be played on Sunday, January 20th.

The fourth round Tynecastle tie will kick off at 2.30pm and will be broadcast live on BBC Scotland.

Ticket details will be announced in due course.

Last season the Jambos made it to the competition’s quarter-finals for the first time in six years but exited at the hands of Motherwell.

William Hill Scottish Cup Fourth Round televised fixtures

Friday, 18 January 2019: Cowdenbeath v Rangers, kick-off 7.45pm (live on Premier Sports)
Saturday, 19 January 2019: Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United, kick-off 12.15pm (live on BBC Scotland)
Saturday, 19 January 2019: Celtic v Airdrieonians, kick-off 5.15pm (live on Premier Sports)
Sunday, 20 January 2019: Hearts v Livingston, kick-off 2.30pm (live on BBC Scotland)

Edited by Footballfirst

http://scotfa.co/4Rtvmatches

The four televised matches for the Fourth Round of the William Hill Scottish Cup, which will see Premier Sports and BBC Scotland share the broadcasting rights for the first time, have been confirmed.

The action kicks off on Friday, 18 January, as Rangers travel to Central Park to take on Cowdenbeath for a place in the Fifth Round draw (kick-off 7.45pm, live on Premier Sports).

A brace of fixtures will then be broadcast on Saturday, 19 January, beginning with Ayr United’s lunchtime visit to Auchinleck Talbot (kick-off 12.15pm, live on BBC Scotland), with the junior side the only team remaining in the competition from preliminary qualifying.

Later that evening, Celtic will welcome Airdrieonians to Celtic Park as Brendan Rodgers’s side begin the defence of their William Hill Scottish Cup title (kick-off 5.15pm, live on Premier Sports).

An all-Premiership clash will then round off the weekend’s televised encounters, with Livingston taking on Hearts at Tynecastle Park on Sunday, 20 January (kick-off 2.30pm, live on BBC Scotland).

A full list of fixture dates for the William Hill Scottish Cup fourth round will be confirmed in due course, with a recap of the draw available here.

Friday, 18 January 2019: Cowdenbeath v Rangers, kick-off 7.45pm (live on Premier Sports)
Saturday, 19 January 2019: Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United, kick-off 12.15pm (live on BBC Scotland)
Saturday, 19 January 2019: Celtic v Airdrieonians, kick-off 5.15pm (live on Premier Sports)
Sunday, 20 January 2019: Hearts v Livingston, kick-off 2.30pm (live on BBC Scotland)

Edited by SuperAustin

33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/scottish-cup-date-confirmed-1

Hearts’ William Hill Scottish Cup match against Livingston will be played on Sunday, January 20th.

The fourth round Tynecastle tie will kick off at 2.30pm and will be broadcast live on BBC Scotland.

Ticket details will be announced in due course.

Last season the Jambos made it to the competition’s quarter-finals for the first time in six years but exited at the hands of Motherwell.

William Hill Scottish Cup Fourth Round televised fixtures

Friday, 18 January 2019: Cowdenbeath v Rangers, kick-off 7.45pm (live on Premier Sports)
Saturday, 19 January 2019: Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United, kick-off 12.15pm (live on BBC Scotland)
Saturday, 19 January 2019: Celtic v Airdrieonians, kick-off 5.15pm (live on Premier Sports)
Sunday, 20 January 2019: Hearts v Livingston, kick-off 2.30pm (live on BBC Scotland)

I actually like that the BBC have picked ours as a top 6 clash and Auchinleck v Ayr thats got potential as a cracker aswell. Fair play. 

Shock the other two games chosen are the OF , Premier Sports clearly as interested in the product as Sky are.....

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

I actually like that the BBC have picked ours as a top 6 clash and Auchinleck v Ayr thats got potential as a cracker aswell. Fair play. 

Shock the other two games chosen are the OF , Premier Sports clearly as interested in the product as Sky are.....

Good selection from the BBC, usual garbage from Sky  (whoops, I meant Premier Sports of course) 

Edited by XB52

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Good selection from the BBC, usual garbage from Sky  (whoops, I meant Premier Sports of course) 

Indeed , Probably in the contract , must show Zombie and Victim FC every game unless knocked out cup , There is only two teams in Scotland and only one city you know. Meester Doncaster tell us thees while he arrange the deals ??‍♂️

With a product steadily improving could the other 8 walk away and set up their own tournament? Or would the fear of loss of income to say St Johnstone down to important to lose? 

1 hour ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I see Premier Sports are going to rival Sky Sports for their level of interest in Scottish football. 

What games do you think they should have shown?  

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

My sincere apologies?

No need. I'm sure your info was genuine.. 

Interesting Thursday was being considered as an option. 

36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , Probably in the contract , must show Zombie and Victim FC every game unless knocked out cup , There is only two teams in Scotland and only one city you know. Meester Doncaster tell us thees while he arrange the deals ??‍♂️

With a product steadily improving could the other 8 walk away and set up their own tournament? Or would the fear of loss of income to say St Johnstone down to important to lose? 

Always find these threads fascinating as there is no sense of realism. The very same people complaining about the Scottish football tv deals then complain about the biggest teams, of which we are one, being shown on the cup weekends!! Makes no sense whatsoever! These companies aren’t charities and there is no appetite whatsoever viewing figures wise out with Scotland to show games that don’t include one of the big teams. Folk honestly think Premier Sports are going to show Dundee v QoS or St Johnstone v Hamilton ahead of a game involving the Old Firm given where there main viewership is? That’s just ridiculous. Furthermore these smaller clubs want their games at 3pm and not on tv for attendance reasons. 

Rangers game is on partly because of the prospect of a shock. Going back to Berwick Rangers game and more recently Hamilton.

I would have chosen Raith v Dunfermiline. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers game is on partly because of the prospect of a shock. Going back to Berwick Rangers game and more recently Hamilton.

I would have chosen Raith v Dunfermiline. 

Other than a % of Scottish football fans and probably a fairly small % at that who is tuning in to watch Raith v Dunfermline? What motivation do Premier Sports have to show such a fixture? We want these companies to pay more money not less yet people want them to show fixtures very very few give a toss about. For instance they want pubs in England to show games, how many are putting on Raith v Dunfermline? It’s just not realistic at all. 

3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Other than a % of Scottish football fans and probably a fairly small % at that who is tuning in to watch Raith v Dunfermline? What motivation do Premier Sports have to show such a fixture? We want these companies to pay more money not less yet people want them to show fixtures very very few give a toss about. For instance they want pubs in England to show games, how many are putting on Raith v Dunfermline? It’s just not realistic at all. 

It's a serious local derby. And it gives a message Scottish football isn't just for the old firm.

On the league when Rangers were out of the league season 15/16 all 4 Aberdeen v Hearts games were live on TV. Not one has been shown since. 

A bit like Arsenal v Man Utd or Liverpool v Chelsea never being on TV. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a serious local derby. And it gives a message Scottish football isn't just for the old firm.

On the league when Rangers were out of the league season 15/16 all 4 Aberdeen v Hearts games were live on TV. Not one has been shown since. 

A bit like Arsenal v Man Utd or Liverpool v Chelsea never being on TV. 

It may be serious to you as a knowledgable Scottish football fan but it makes no sense whatsoever to Premier Sports to show it ahead of a game involving the Old Firm! They are a business not a charity! Nobody out with a small number of people in Scotland is tuning in to watch that. 

The Scottish TV market is the Old Firm followed by us, Aberdeen and Hibs and that will never change. Clearly the return of Rangers, in whatever guise was going to impact live games. Re Hearts v Aberdeen that’s totally infactual, we’ve had 2 Friday night live games in that period for starters!  

Edited by magicTs

2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

It may be serious to you as a knowledgable Scottish football fan but it makes no sense whatsoever to Premier Sports to show it ahead of a game involving the Old Firm! They are a buosiness not a charity! Nobody out with a small number of people in Scotland is tuning in to watch that. 

The. Scottish tv market is the Old Firm followed by us, Aberdeen and Hobs and that will never change. Clearly the return of Rangers, in whatever guise was going to impact live games. Re Hearts v Aberdeen that’s totally infactual, we’ve had 2 Friday night live games in that period for starters!  

Friday games were 15/16 season. Maybe 1 since.

Unlike you I don't accept Scottish football should be about Rangers and Celtic. What the the companies do is up to them. 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unlike you I don't accept Scottish football should be about Rangers and Celtic. What the the companies do is up to them. 

Friday 27 April, 2018
Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian – Live on BT Sport, 7.45pm

It is up to them which is exactly why they will continue to show the games the most people are interested in. 

Edited by magicTs

39 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Always find these threads fascinating as there is no sense of realism. The very same people complaining about the Scottish football tv deals then complain about the biggest teams, of which we are one, being shown on the cup weekends!! Makes no sense whatsoever! These companies aren’t charities and there is no appetite whatsoever viewing figures wise out with Scotland to show games that don’t include one of the big teams. Folk honestly think Premier Sports are going to show Dundee v QoS or St Johnstone v Hamilton ahead of a game involving the Old Firm given where there main viewership is? That’s just ridiculous. Furthermore these smaller clubs want their games at 3pm and not on tv for attendance reasons. 

The smaller teams would make more from a TV game than attendance alone surely? I fully get the Rangers and Celtic sell but it doesn’t showcase our game in this country. When it boils down to it , it won’t change unless clubs change it. 

If you’d said Cardiff v Burnley would be a TV game a few years ago no one would have believed you. The product is sold poorly up here , but that starts with those selling it and they want to sell it as Rangers and Celtic and some other teams.  

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

7 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Friday 27 April, 2018
Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian – Live on BT Sport, 7.45pm

It is up to them which is exactly why they will continue to show the games the most people are interested in. 

The deals could be set up to allow other games to be shown. There was a good number of people who were willing to watch Ayr v ICT on BT Sport on Friday night. 

The powers that be need to sell the product better than just Celtic and Rangers. 

Cater for your market. Do deals that allow this. (I dont know the actual answer) Showcase Scottish football top to bottom. If that means BBC Alba showing the games great. Premier will be in about to get subscribers by showing Celtic and Rangers games no other reason.

The unfortunate reality is that on premium channels Celtic and/or Rangers versus anyone gets more viewers (average 150k) than any other match up in Scotland with the exception of one, the Edinburgh derby (average 200k) The Glasgow derby averages around 500k.

If your business model relies on subscription and advertising income then, unless contractually prevented from doing so, you show Celtic and/or Rangers versus anyone, unless there is an Edinburgh derby on offer.

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

The smaller teams would make more from a TV game than attendance alone surely? I fully get the Rangers and Celtic sell but it doesn’t showcase our game in this country. When it boils down to it , it won’t change unless clubs change it. 

If you’d said Cardiff v Burnley would be a TV game a few years ago no one would have believed you. The product is sold poorly up here , but that starts with those selling it and they want to sell it as Rangers and Celtic and some other teams.  

It's my understanding that last season there was a vote by the clubs to cut the amount of money given to the teams that were shown live and that the sum was cut from 82,500 to just 32,500 per team shown live. Its a pittance.

Whilst I get your point about the unfashionable nature of the teams you've quoted the EPL sells around the globe. Literally everywhere and Cardiff and Burnley despite their lack of lets say glamour! still get watched. Its a world a way from showing anyone outside the big teams in Scotland to anything but a Scottish audience. I am certainly not an apologist for those running the game in Scotland but it is very idealistic and indeed unrealistic to believe that there will ever be a market anywhere for people to watch Dundee v Qos or St Johnstone v Ross County to pick 2 upcoming Scottish Cup games.

Edited by magicTs

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

The smaller teams would make more from a TV game than attendance alone surely?

Some perhaps, but last years rule change to vastly reduce the fee for live cup matches has changed the landscape on this one.

2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

It's my understanding that last season there was a vote by the clubs to cut the amount of money given to the teams that were shown live and that the sum was cut from 82,500 to just 32,500 per team shown live. Its a pittance.

Whilst I get your point about the unfashionable nature of the teams you've quoted the EPL sells around the globe. Literally everywhere and Cardiff and Burnley despite their lack of lets say glamour! still get watched. Its a world a way from showing anyone outside the big teams in Scotland to anything but a Scottish audience. I am certainly not an apologist for those running the game in Scotland but it is very idealistic and indeed unrealistic to believe that there will ever be a market anywhere for people to watch Dundee v Qos or St Johnstone v Ross County to pick 2 upcoming Scottish Cup games.

Much as I get that at one point there wouldn’t of been a market for Cardiff v Burnley but that changed as the product was developed and sold.

I know Im wishing for an idealistic and unrelaistic world just now but the hope the powers that be would try and sell Scottish football as a whole.

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Some perhaps, but last years rule change to vastly reduce the fee for live cup matches has changed the landscape on this one.

Wasn’t aware of the rule change. What was the thinking behind that? 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wasn’t aware of the rule change. What was the thinking behind that? 

Unusually not from the larger sides. It was raised by the lower league sides to stop a club hitting the live TV jackpot in the cup and being able to spend far more on wages compared to rivals in the very short term. The TV money is now spread more evenly across all clubs in each round with a more generous financial reward for reaching each stage.

That kind of makes sense I guess , does seem to benefit the bigger teams if there is a more generous reward for reaching the next round. Also suggests that its irrelevant what game is on TV 

18Jambo_dave74
2 hours ago, magicTs said:

What games do you think they should have shown?  

I haven’t looked at the other fixtures so can’t answer your question. I was just commenting that the fixtures chosen are what I’d have expected if Sky Sports had the rights.