Pegs...not that kind!!! for a bmx mafia bike?

Dawnrazor

Does anyone know anything about pegs for a mafiabikes kush? 

My son asked for them but I can't see any on mafiabikes Website and the wife doesn't think you can fit pegs to his bike, how the feck she thinks this I don't know as neither of us know anything about bmx bikes! 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Ta. 

22 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

My son asked for them but I can't see any on mafiabikes Website and the wife doesn't think you can fit pegs to his bike, how the feck she thinks this I don't know as neither of us know anything about bmx bikes! 

Ta. 

There's a poster on here Dawn who owns a bike shop in Edinburgh.  I'm sure the Mods won't mind me naming him in this instance.

It's @Brian Whittaker's Tache

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thanks, I know nothing about bmx's so are these good ones? 

Will they fit a Kush 2?

Sorry to be a bit thick but I don't want to get crap ones or the wrong ones. 

Just depends on the axel size, 10mm or larger. Just found that on a quick google search.

...a bit disco

Got myself a Mafiabikes road bike a couple of years ago. Lovely machine.

Not relevant I know, but worth a mention.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ta. 

Both my boys have these bikes and I bought them these pegs...don’t do it!!!  I’ve taken them off, as one of their friends had these too,but when he was going around a corner one day at speed, the peg caught the ground and he ended up in A&E. Made a real mess of his face when he came off.

12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ta. 

Stunt pegs. Halfords.

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Both my boys have these bikes and I bought them these pegs...don’t do it!!!  I’ve taken them off, as one of their friends had these too,but when he was going around a corner one day at speed, the peg caught the ground and he ended up in A&E. Made a real mess of his face when he came off.

? Oh, good point that, thanks, hadn't crossed my mind. 

17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

? Oh, good point that, thanks, hadn't crossed my mind. 

You’d probably have to be going full Isle of Man TT at a 45 degree angle for them to scrape the ground.

In that case, Shirley, it’s not the pegs that are the issue but the way he’s riding the bike. 

Besides, they are calked “stunt pegs” so going round corners at speed should be the least of your worries if he’s using them for anything close to what they are meant for. 

Hope the lad referred to by Lucky didn’t have any lasting damage. 

luckyBatistuta
42 minutes ago, gjcc said:

You’d probably have to be going full Isle of Man TT at a 45 degree angle for them to scrape the ground.

In that case, Shirley, it’s not the pegs that are the issue but the way he’s riding the bike. 

Besides, they are calked “stunt pegs” so going round corners at speed should be the least of your worries if he’s using them for anything close to what they are meant for. 

Hope the lad referred to by Lucky didn’t have any lasting damage. 

They have got other friends who have them and not had any problems. I just thought I’d point this out, as the lad had a really bad cut across his chin and it was the pegs that caused it, just something for DR to consider before purchasing them.

52 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They have got other friends who have them and not had any problems. I just thought I’d point this out, as the lad had a really bad cut across his chin and it was the pegs that caused it, just something for DR to consider before purchasing them.

Completely understand. Definitely worth considering. 

Kids will find ways to injure themselves with anything though. My brother had an injury whilst roller blading. Came off a home made ramp and kicked himself in the eye.

Spoiler

It was hilarious.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Completely understand. Definitely worth considering. 

Kids will find ways to injure themselves with anything though. My brother had an injury whilst roller blading. Came off a home made ramp and kicked himself in the eye.

Hide contents

It was hilarious.

:laugh2: how the heck do you kick yourself in the eye.

On 09/12/2018 at 17:32, Morgan said:

There's a poster on here Dawn who owns a bike shop in Edinburgh.  I'm sure the Mods won't mind me naming him in this instance.

It's @Brian Whittaker's Tache

Cheers for that Morgan, I've sent him a pm?