Fairplay table (disciplinary)

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

Occurred to me that we had no one booked yesterday so thought I'd take a look at this - it's been years since I have seen us only mid table in this - we are normally the worst or second or third worse. Another sign of our growing discipline and professionalism I believe

yellow cards , red cards (3pts), second yellows, total

1 Celtic FC Celtic FC 0 12 1 0 1 15
2 Livingston FC Livingston FC 0 28 0 0 0 28
3 St. Johnstone FC St. Johnstone FC 0 24 0 1 1 29
4 Dundee FC Dundee FC 0 25 0 1 1 30
5 Kilmarnock FC Kilmarnock FC 0 28 0 1 1 33
6 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 0 30 1 0 1 33
7 Heart of Midlothian FC Heart of Midlothian FC 0 33 1 0 1 36
8 Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 0 28 1 1 2 36
9 Motherwell FC Motherwell FC 0 32 2 0 2 38
10 Hamilton Academical FC Hamilton Academical FC 0 38 3 0 3 47
11 St. Mirren FC St. Mirren FC 0 39 1 1 2 47
12 Rangers FC Rangers FC 0 27 2 3 5 48
Edited by scott herbertson

been here before

No bookings yesterday? I mever noticed that though to be fair to Collum I thought he handled things well.

Mid table mediocrity though. Bottom 6 infact. Typical Levein.

Given we won yesterday this could be like a snuggly warm Sunday morning comfort blanket for certain posters.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

No bookings yesterday? I mever noticed that though to be fair to Collum I thought he handled things well.

Mid table mediocrity though. Bottom 6 infact. Typical Levein.

Given we won yesterday this could be like a snuggly warm Sunday morning comfort blanket for certain posters.

With the hangover I have a worn snuggly comfort blanket is what is required

Bazzas right boot

Should that not read Steven Gerrards rangers, or to be more accurate - Morelos who is bottom. 

23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Occurred to me that we had no one booked yesterday so thought I'd take a look at this - it's been years since I have seen us only mid table in this - we are normally the worst or second or third worse. Another sign of our growing discipline and professionalism I believe

All that ‘Old Firm Bias’ and Rangers are still bottom of the FairPlay league. Beggars belief really.

Surprised to see Livingston 2nd given that they play prison rules football, quite literally given the case history of a couple of their defenders and assistant manager.

Yesterday was always going to be a quiet no controversy day all round. Even give Killie a penalty at Parkhead so it can be referred to in future ( note at 4-0 down tho ).

stevie g’s New Rangers should have way more than that total as well

18 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Should that not read Steven Gerrards rangers, or to be more accurate - Morelos who is bottom. 

He should have twice as many yellow and reds too.

A point to note is although our discipline has improved, our 3 players most likely to get cards (Soapy, Naismith and Uche) have been out. We were top of this table a few months back. But I just want them back asap

:sob:

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Celtic have 12 yellow's.

:lol:

Fairly hard to commit a foul when you have the ball. They have a lot of the ball. Without checking Man City must be the top of the English FairPlay table for the same reason.  

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Fairly hard to commit a foul when you have the ball. They have a lot of the ball. Without checking Man City must be the top of the English FairPlay table for the same reason.  

This old chestnut! ?

Shame you can't appeal yellows unless it's mistaken identity as some of the bookings this season have been farcical. Good to see we aren't bottom though

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Pretty bad from Celtic that they've managed to get a red card whilst only accruing 12 yellows...Ntcham at St Mirren or is that the "Second yellow"?. Of course they felt it an injustice...

We are still 3rd worst for yellows which is the only measure that really counts. Referees love to give Hearts yellows no matter who is playing for us...

As long as we have a bent disciplinary system, refs who do not apply the rules without fear nor favour, and a compliance officer who is scattergun at best, it doesn’t matter who is top or bottom of that particular table.

13 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

Unusually for this season I feel like Levein missed a beat. He very cleverly called out for protection for players from Scott Brown and Celtic started amassing cards appropriate to the fouls committed. However, the comments about Morelos weren’t quite as nail on head hitting and it’s allowed the orcs to carry on as they were - fouling and diving their way to undeserved victories. 

? Morelos got a red in his next game...

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Funny you mention that...

Man City have 1 more foul against them than Bournemouth. 15 pts for Man City. 32 for Bournemouth.

Dichotomy, to be sure.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/fairplay

Man City have 0 red cards and far fewer yellow cards than Bournemouth so not sure what the comparison is?

Rangers are the worst offenders in Scotland and Man U are the worst offenders in England. Big team bias clearly doesn’t exist. 

scott herbertson
44 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He should have twice as many yellow and reds too.

A point to note is although our discipline has improved, our 3 players most likely to get cards (Soapy, Naismith and Uche) have been out. We were top of this table a few months back. But I just want them back asap

:sob:

A very good point I8

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You may recall a similar table from a few years ago that counted the number of fouls committed by a team in relation to the bookings given.

Celtic as a team had to commit something like double the fouls before a yellow was produced compared to many of their opponents.

37 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

You may recall a similar table from a few years ago that counted the number of fouls committed by a team in relation to the bookings given.

Celtic as a team had to commit something like double the fouls before a yellow was produced compared to many of their opponents.

Outside of Brown I wouldn't say any of the Celtic players are particularly nasty. No real hate figures and not a lot of controversy around anyone other than Griffiths. A lot of it is to do with the levels of aggression and the the context of the foul as well. Rangers on the other hand even their keeper is a constantly fouling and looking to injure opposing players!

I hate this table. Bookings are often subjective where one ref would and another wouldn't. Clubs also greatly benefit from ref decisions and instances like Main or Morelos having the freedom to do whatever they want at Tynie means this isn't worth the paper its written on. Just an excuse to pay for the GFA Christmas party. Scumbags. Next time we should refuse to pay it. 

5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

.......or perhaps their players don't get punished the same as other teams?

alwaysthereinspirit

Celtic must be choir boys which they’re not so still an OF bias. No consistency week in and out with our officials so that league should mean absolutely nothing.

8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Celtic must be choir boys which they’re not so still an OF bias. No consistency week in and out with our officials so that league should mean absolutely nothing.

There are 2 figures that look anomalousy low in that table - and it is the yellow card count of the 2 OF clubs. Celtic at half of what the next worst (St Johnstone) of all 11 clubs, and Rangers at foot of table for those 11 yet themselves only 3 yellows more than St Johnstone...

28 minutes ago, jamboruss said:

Why would Man City and Celtic get preferential treatment but Rangers and Man U don't. If you have 60-70% possession it is logical that you will concede a lot less fouls.

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would Man City and Celtic get preferential treatment but Rangers and Man U don't. If you have 60-70% possession it is logical that you will concede a lot less fouls.

We had a lot of possession in 2005/06 and our championship season. Be interesting to see our stats. Somehow, especially 2005/06, I don’t think that theory will hold water if we compare our cards vs the OF.

anyhow, 7 reds for Rangers before xmas. When we were getting headlines as the dirtiest team in the world did we even get that many reds in a season?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We had a lot of possession in 2005/06 and our championship season. Be interesting to see our stats. Somehow, especially 2005/06, I don’t think that theory will hold water if we compare our cards vs the OF.

anyhow, 7 reds for Rangers before xmas. When we were getting headlines as the dirtiest team in the world did we even get that many reds in a season?

We didn't in the season we copped a £100k fine, we had 6.

Romanov will appeal against the charge, the club's seventh annual punishment is as many years.

Hearts received the fine after collecting six red cards and 86 yellow cards in all competitions last season, the worst in the division.

"If with this fine they want to camouflage all their unjustified decisions against Hearts throughout the season, then it is a normal practice for them - since it happens for the seventh year in a row. Romanov told The Herald.

"For me, everything became evident some time ago after that infamous match against Dundee [in 2008] when three Hearts players were red-carded and three penalties were awarded against us.

"I am even grateful to the referee of that game for his eye-opening actions. That case revealed the true faces of the people devoid of brain and conscience.

"Unfortunately, the match officials still remain their slaves while I had so much hoped that starting during this past season they were going to be set free."

The Jambos have been ordered to pay £60,000 initially, with the rest of the payment due next season and have been about their future conduct.

Edited by graygo

3 hours ago, jamboruss said:

Exactly. It’s not difficult to understand.

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Outside of Brown I wouldn't say any of the Celtic players are particularly nasty. No real hate figures and not a lot of controversy around anyone other than Griffiths. A lot of it is to do with the levels of aggression and the the context of the foul as well. Rangers on the other hand even their keeper is a constantly fouling and looking to injure opposing players!

Wasn't really the point I was making, but I get your drift.

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Alternatively, if you're allowed to regularly foul the opposition without the ref blowing their whistle, while your opponents get free kicks given against them for even coming within a couple of yards of you, it's logical that you're likely to end up with the majority of possession. 

Unfortunately these stats are awarded from Scottish Referees.

Makes the table about valid as a page from the bible :lol:

Edited by EreWeG0..
Fat fingers

2 hours ago, EreWeG0.. said:

Unfortunately these stats are awarded from Scottish Referees.

Makes the table about valid as a page from the bible :lol:

:gok:

10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Alternatively, if you're allowed to regularly foul the opposition without the ref blowing their whistle, while your opponents get free kicks given against them for even coming within a couple of yards of you, it's logical that you're likely to end up with the majority of possession. 

Yeah Celtic and Man City have the majority of possession because of the referee. You've nailed it! Bet Lawell and those Arab billionaires feel a bit daft for wasting all that money now.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:01, Martin_T said:

Surprised to see Livingston 2nd given that they play prison rules football, quite literally given the case history of a couple of their defenders and assistant manager.

THIS!!!!

Seem to remember when we ran away with the championship title we still had a shit load of yellows. Possession is just an argument that makes sense if you don't believe the refs are up to something. The stats about celtic needing to make twice as many fouls to actually get carded imo highlights that.

Bridge of Djoum
On 09/12/2018 at 07:47, Mr Elwood P said:

Lustig?

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Lustig?

He is a complete shite house!!

I remember a couple of seasons ago Walker challenged him when he was clearing the ball - it happened right in front of me in the Wheatfield.  There was absolutely no contact, but as Walker was on a booking, Lustig rolled around slapping the turf in agony with his arm signalling to the bench he was badly injured.

Halfway through his antics Celtic scored - to which he immediately jumped up and ran past the Hearts fans with a big GIRFUY smile on his cheating ugly puss!!

44 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Lustig?

Made me a decent amount of money in the summer by getting booked for Sweden so don't have a bad word to be said about him! Also think he's just technically crap, i.e. can't time a tackle, opposed to intentionally trying to injure players.

Bridge of Djoum
44 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He is a complete shite house!!

I remember a couple of seasons ago Walker challenged him when he was clearing the ball - it happened right in front of me in the Wheatfield.  There was absolutely no contact, but as Walker was on a booking, Lustig rolled around slapping the turf in agony with his arm signalling to the bench he was badly injured.

Halfway through his antics Celtic scored - to which he immediately jumped up and ran past the Hearts fans with a big GIRFUY smile on his cheating ugly puss!!

I remember that. He is an utter ****

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Made me a decent amount of money in the summer by getting booked for Sweden so don't have a bad word to be said about him! Also think he's just technically crap, i.e. can't time a tackle, opposed to intentionally trying to injure players.

A fair synopsis.

The Old Tolbooth
On 09/12/2018 at 09:17, Mr Elwood P said:

Or it could be the fact that Celtic are allowed to commit somewhere in the region of 15 fouls before a card is produced, whereas most other teams are around 4-5 challenges, Lawwell runs Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Or it could be the fact that Celtic are allowed to commit somewhere in the region of 15 fouls before a card is produced, whereas most other teams are around 4-5 challenges, Lawwell runs Scottish football. 

Do you genuinely believe that? They've got a wage bill which is similar to that of every other team in the league, including us, Rangers and Aberdeen, combined and you think that he needs to buy or bribe or in some manner control referees in order to achieve success? If I believed that it was a rigged game as you describe, then I wouldn't be part of it. Hearts or no Hearts. The number of fouls doesn't act as a very good barometer, it's to do with the quality of the aggression and the area of the pitch that the foul takes place in. Rangers players are regularly elbowing players, kicking players and flying into challenges with studs up and have been dealt with accordingly. It's also worth pointing out that the Celtic team with a few obvious exception contains a lot of small skilful players and almost all of them are footballers. The Rangers team is full of cloggers and hatchet men.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Do you genuinely believe that? They've got a wage bill which is similar to that of every other team in the league, including us, Rangers and Aberdeen, combined and you think that he needs to buy or bribe or in some manner control referees in order to achieve success? If I believed that it was a rigged game as you describe, then I wouldn't be part of it. Hearts or no Hearts. The number of fouls doesn't act as a very good barometer, it's to do with the quality of the aggression and the area of the pitch that the foul takes place in. Rangers players are regularly elbowing players, kicking players and flying into challenges with studs up and have been dealt with accordingly. It's also worth pointing out that the Celtic team with a few obvious exception contains a lot of small skilful players and almost all of them are footballers. The Rangers team is full of cloggers and hatchet men.

That stat I gave you was from a couple of seasons ago iirc, it was on JKB and was pulled up from somewhere official, you only have to see what Scott Brown gets away with to realise that they get away with more than the average team do, and I totally get your point that they do a lot more attacking and therefore are more likely to be fouled etc, but the ratios from that stat were far too out of kilter for my liking. 

It is quite funny watching Rangers fans moaning about decisions however :) 

31 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That stat I gave you was from a couple of seasons ago iirc, it was on JKB and was pulled up from somewhere official, you only have to see what Scott Brown gets away with to realise that they get away with more than the average team do, and I totally get your point that they do a lot more attacking and therefore are more likely to be fouled etc, but the ratios from that stat were far too out of kilter for my liking. 

It is quite funny watching Rangers fans moaning about decisions however :) 

I’d concede on the Scott Brown point. Sometimes appears to be wearing an invisibility cloak but generally I don’t think they’re a dirty team. A lot of other teams will be getting caught on the counter attack and give away a lot of yellow cards that way but Celtic don’t seem to get caught on the break in the same manner which scews the figures. Rangers fans currently love to be told that they are a team of bottlers. Just need to find a catchy phrase like Hibsed it so as to annoy them further.

My iphone now predictively types ‘Hibsed it’, I noticed there! What a time to be alive.