Arnaud Djoum

Miko

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:59, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nothing he does will ever stop the folk around me going '**** sake DJOUM' when a teammate passes the ball 5 yards behind him and he doesn't control it. Or when a teammate passes the ball to him when he's surrounded by opposition players and he loses it. Or when he does anything that doesn't involve scoring a worldy. 

Got that around me as well.  Gets a ball hit in to his knees with his back to goal with 3 players up his ar53, loses it and gets pelters.  I honestly wonder what folk watch or expect half the time.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peebo

• TheBigO

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

On 09/12/2018 at 11:48, boag1874 said:

If you don’t rate a fully fit Arnaud Djoum among the best CMs in the league then you don’t know much about football.

He’s wasted out wide but when he’s deployed correctly he’s absolutely immense.

Spot on.

1 minute ago, By the light said:

Got that around me as well.  Gets a ball hit in to his knees with his back to goal with 3 players up his ar53, loses it and gets pelters.  I honestly wonder what folk watch or expect half the time.

I wonder about things like this too. Is it possible that these folk maybe watch an awful lot of world class footballers on the telly, and then when they do not see our own players doing these things, they make an unfair comparison and decide they are shit?

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Just what I was about to say. It’s as clear as the nose on your face his contract is up soon. 

I like Djoum, when he’s on and playing in his natural position he can be very good. I’d be wary about another 3 year deal for him though. I’d offer him a year with a years option if all parties happy.

He’s just went missing too much after the contract was signed last time. 

Shocking how he decided to get a series of injuries after signing for us last time. Disgraceful even.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Shocking how he decided to get a series of injuries after signing for us last time. Disgraceful even.

Yeah he got injured I’m not having a pop for that.

Djoum was getting plenty stick before he got injured. His form dropped dramatically after he got the contract signed and he told us he wanted to move to bigger leagues every other interview. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Djoum was getting plenty stick before he got injured. His form dropped dramatically after he got the contract signed and he told us he wanted to move to bigger leagues every other interview. 

His form dropped dramatically when Cathro arrived, just like everyone else, then he suffered from a series of injuries. He was in excellent form when Neilson left. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We encouraged that at the time by publicly saying to players "come and join us and earn your move to England". So we can't blame him for stating our club policy. I hope he stays but I guess he will get a better offer, probably from Sevco.

21 minutes ago, By the light said:

Sadly a lot of people are to busy watching what’s going on around them?

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

His form dropped dramatically when Cathro arrived, just like everyone else, then he suffered from a series of injuries. He was in excellent form when Neilson left. 

I remember him having a handful of good games under Neilson after the contract was signed, he had dropped off a good bit, I’m not blaming Cathro exclusively for that. 

I’m a fan of him when he’s on though I’d like to see him stay, hopefully keeps this form up he’s been much better lately. I wouldn’t be offering him 3 years though. Just my personal opinion. 

On 08/12/2018 at 22:45, Miko said:

What a pleasure it is to have this man back to full fitness. He's been our best player by far since naisy got injured. Another fantastic performance today.

Must say it's very enjoyable watching him ram it up the knuckle draggers in our support.

3 year deal please Mr Levein!

There is no questioning his ability, he has had some good games this season now where he's showed good attitiude, but please... "Fantastic performance", I don't think any of our players could claim fantastic performances over the last month.

It is most unfortunate that you choose to refer to some of your fellow Hearts supporters as "knuckle draggers". I have a dream that one day Hearts supporters will live in harmony and allow each other a difference of opinion without fear of being called names.

I don't think he's been our best player since Naisy got injured, in my opining Haring and Berra have both been superior, and on a gae by game basis there have been better individual perormaces.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:01, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe got a bit of confidence from playing against Brazil recently 

Been a while since the Hibs game

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Djoum, a victim of his own success, shoehorned anywhere. Always better when he is allowed to press opposition back 4 and a goal scoring threat to boot.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Djoum, a victim of his own success, shoehorned anywhere. Always better when he is allowed to press opposition back 4 and a goal scoring threat to boot.

Thats his position for sure and I think a lot of the frustration from the fans is we know how good he can be. He’s certainly getting back to his best let’s hope he keeps that going

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Thats his position for sure and I think a lot of the frustration from the fans is we know how good he can be. He’s certainly getting back to his best let’s hope he keeps that going

i echo these sentiments. I sometimes think I'm maybe a bit too hard on Djoum, but it's simply because we all know what he has been capable of in the past. He has been very unfortunate with injuries and then being moved around the park, not to mention a virtually new team whenever he has returned to the side.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I wonder about things like this too. Is it possible that these folk maybe watch an awful lot of world class footballers on the telly, and then when they do not see our own players doing these things, they make an unfair comparison and decide they are shit?

It's absolutely possible. I've caught myself doing it too.

13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's absolutely possible. I've caught myself doing it too.

Sorta like when you are sitting at the game you wait for the replay of a contentious decision! ?

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Sorta like when you are sitting at the game you wait for the replay of a contentious decision! ?

Heh, and how we could've done with a few of those recently!

Bazzas right boot

As well as showing how poor some are and the lack of spirit in the side last night, the result and collapse after Djoums dismissal showed how important he's been for us, lately. 

Should have shown some of his doubters how valuable he his to us. 

12 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

As well as showing how poor some are and the lack of spirit in the side last night, the result and collapse after Djoums dismissal showed how important he's been for us, lately. 

Thats the way i see it mate. Guys a battler, dont see how some cant see it.

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Two of the softest yellow cards you’ll ever see

Yip but in some minds he’ll have let us down last night! Some players cant win but thats the issue with the majority of football fans actually knowing sod all about football.

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Thats the way i see it mate. Guys a battler, dont see how some cant see it.

Should have gone to Specsavers 

Seriously though he has talent on his day but cosstantly gets over run in midfield when things get physical. He's certainly no battler that's for sure . 

Totally bossed last night by a couple of journeymen . We need more physicality in there , it's a key position. He's not for me I'm afraid . 

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

He's bang average. Both yellow cards where earned, would rather have Olly Lee in the midfield. Obvious he's after his new deal and will go back to floating around again too. Hope we see the back of him and players like him, he's like Larry Kingston, a mythical footballer

Just now, rudi must stay said:

He's bang average. Both yellow cards where earned, would rather have Olly Lee in the midfield. Obvious he's after his new deal and will go back to floating around again too. Hope we see the back of him and players like him, he's like Larry Kingston, a mythical footballer

Both cards were earned? **** me. 

44 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

So true. Also 2 soft as shite bookings so can’t really blame him for getting sent off. Some will still find a way (the same folk would moan if he didn’t get stuck in to the opposition after getting booked & going 1-0 down so he can’t win)

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Should have gone to Specsavers 

Seriously though he has talent on his day but cosstantly gets over run in midfield when things get physical. He's certainly no battler that's for sure . 

Totally bossed last night by a couple of journeymen . We need more physicality in there , it's a key position. He's not for me I'm afraid . 

Actually watch him. He wins us possession all the time. He’s positive on the ball despite lack of options, he takes the ball in tight spaces, he’s constantly on the move.

Hes just what we need.

BUT there are audible groans the first time he loses a tackle or miscontrols a ball every week. FFS Djoum, imposter, get him aff.

Actually watch him.

Pretend he’s Scottish if that helps.

Thats not all aimed at you mate

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

The first one was accidental, the second one was barley even a foul. 

His value was clear after he went off yesterday. 

BTW, Kingston was real. 

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Actually watch him. He wins us possession all the time. He’s positive on the ball despite lack of options, he takes the ball in tight spaces, he’s constantly on the move.

Hes just what we need.

BUT there are audible groans the first time he loses a tackle or miscontrols a ball every week. FFS Djoum, imposter, get him aff.

Actually watch him.

I get what you're saying , he's quite tidy on the ball and when  we are on top he can make things happen . I'm not having this ball winner angle though . When we aren't in possession he is fairly inaffective and his attempts to win back possession look laboured and halfhearted. 

Its absolutely nothing to do with his nationality btw , imo we need energy ,nastiness and arrogance in his position, attributes he doesn't possess 

I get what you're saying , he's quite tidy on the ball and when  we are on top he can make things happen . I'm not having this ball winner angle though . When we aren't in possession he is fairly inaffective and his attempts to win back possession look laboured and halfhearted. 

Its absolutely nothing to do with his nationality btw , imo we need energy ,nastiness and arrogance in his position, attributes he doesn't possess 

The nationality bit def wasnt aimed at you!! Its a factor even subconsciously for some though.

I can see why you think he isnt a ball winner cos he isnt a cruncher but he wins plenty headers against taller oppo and he turns pissession over a lot. I’ll bet his stats in that area are good. More than one way to skin a cat n aw that

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The nationality bit def wasnt aimed at you!! Its a factor even subconsciously for some though.

I can see why you think he isnt a ball winner cos he isnt a cruncher but he wins plenty headers against taller oppo and he turns pissession over a lot. I’ll bet his stats in that area are good. More than one way to skin a cat n aw that

It's all about opinions ,  at the end off the day we all want the same thing . We all see things a little differently and for me he gets over run and dominated  to easily when we are under pressure, decent on his day when we are playing well though . Keep the faith m8 !

It's all about opinions ,  at the end off the day we all want the same thing . We all see things a little differently and for me he gets over run and dominated  to easily when we are under pressure, decent on his day when we are playing well though . Keep the faith m8 !

Absolutely. Even more than opinions, fitbaws about blind faith!!!!

It should’ve been 12!

Am I correct in saying Djoums sending off last night will mean he misses the Derby with the sendings off normally taking 2 weeks to process? ?

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Both cards were earned? **** me. 

First one could have been a red. Lucky there and the second he took the guy out

Edited by rudi must stay

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
19 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Hes just what we need.

Actually watch him.

Some good points in there. On his day in a central role he’s good, best position probably CAM. But he lacks consistency his attitude is below par doesn't seem to have the drive to give his 100% for the badge.  His decision making at times is poor and when’s he loses the ball never seems to track back also lacks that bursting pace and energy from midfield. His all round play at times is just half arsed. Definitely replaceable if he leaves end of the season. But I think with Naismith, Vanecek, Uche, and some pace on the wings deploy him at CAM he will really show what he can do just hope he can pick up some real consistency because technically he’s a good solid player especially in the SPL.

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

19 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Am I correct in saying Djoums sending off last night will mean he misses the Derby with the sendings off normally taking 2 weeks to process? ?

Doubt it.  One match ban which he’ll serve at Aberdeen.

That said, we’re often guinea pigs for new rules, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Pasquale for King
On 15/12/2018 at 10:11, communist said:

Threads like this are great for weeding out those who can't spot a player. 

Racists too.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Some good points in there. On his day in a central role he’s good, best position probably CAM. But he lacks consistency his attitude is below par doesn't seem to have the drive to give his 100% for the badge.  His decision making at times is poor and when’s he loses the ball never seems to track back also lacks that bursting pace and energy from midfield. His all round play at times is just half arsed. Definitely replaceable if he leaves end of the season. But I think with Naismith, Vanecek, Uche, and some pace on the wings deploy him at CAM he will really show what he can do just hope he can pick up some real consistency because technically he’s a good solid player especially in the SPL.

I think whoever his manager is they have to keep on at him when he’s drifting out of a game. I’m still not sure where his best position is as he gets moved around more than most, nearly every week and during games he’s in a different position which can’t help. I watched him against Brazil recently and he really didn’t look out of place .

Djoum is absolutely brutal, I hope he is suspended for ER because he'll be a waste of a jersey when he inevitably gets his place in the starting eleven.

17 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Djoum is absolutely brutal, I hope he is suspended for ER because he'll be a waste of a jersey when he inevitably gets his place in the starting eleven.

He can’t be that bad as we fell apart without him.

I thought he had a really good game v Motherwell. Was really getting fired into tackles and has a goal in his locker to. I'd rather have him for the derby than not TBH

I've stopped expecting more from Djoum. I think injuries have caught up with him and he's not capable of the sharp, quick thinking game he could produce 2 years ago.

Doesn't look like he moves as freely as he did previously and is a result of those injuries over the last while.

Not necessarily at the expense of Djoum, but I'd like to see a new recruit or two next summer in midfield. Someone with craft and an eye for a pass. Or a willing runner who's natural game is to get forward. 

9 minutes ago, DVB said:

He can’t be that bad as we fell apart without him.

Nah he was that bad and has been that bad for quite some time, it's like he can't be arsed and I can't can't be arsed watching him.

On 15/12/2018 at 12:22, It should’ve been 12! said:

Think he misses Aberdeen and if he has crossed the yellow threshold will also pick up a further ban which will start on 28/12. 

I want us looking at young & hungry players. I want more punts like Callachan, he might not have worked out but still proved he could play at this level. Give players 20-25 a look from clubs like Livi, St J, Hamilton & whoever gets promoted. 

I don't believe Djoum has the hunger he came here with. I'd rather if we were to get an offer for him to let him go or otherwise let him move on and see who we can invest the (no doubt sizeable) wage and signing bonus in.

lost in space
50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Racists too.

Can you clarify.  When I slag off Djoum and McLean for being big lazy wastes of space - am I a racist or just half a racist?

Is it ok to complain about Djoum as long as I complain about a white player too?

Am I not allowed to complain about a black player (no matter how bad) cos I would then be a racist?

If I complain about McLean alone - does that I mean I am racist against white players?

I am so confused...………….