Arnaud Djoum

Miko

What a pleasure it is to have this man back to full fitness. He's been our best player by far since naisy got injured. Another fantastic performance today.

Must say it's very enjoyable watching him ram it up the knuckle draggers in our support.

3 year deal please Mr Levein!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peebo

• TheBigO

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

I've been very critical of him but his form has been good of late. I still wouldn't want us to push the boat out to secure him but certainly making an offer would be good, lower squad turnover is needed and is one of our better players. 

3 minutes ago, Miko said:

What a pleasure it is to have this man back to full fitness. He's been our best player by far since naisy got injured. Another fantastic performance today.

Must say it's very enjoyable watching him ram it up the knuckle draggers in our support.

Whole heartedly agree.  Can’t wait to see him playing alongside Uche and Naismith.  

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Whole heartedly agree.  Can’t wait to see him playing alongside Uche and Naismith.  

Was saying this after the game today. Yet to see a fully fit Djoum alongside Naisy. Could be absolutely devastating in this league

9 minutes ago, Glottis said:

It's almost as if his contract is out in the summer... oh  ?

It’s almost as if he’s now fully fit after recovering from long-term injury. And it’s almost like he’s being played in a position suited to his game.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

It’s almost as if he’s now fully fit after recovering from long-term injury. And it’s almost like he’s being played in a position suited to his game.

Thats what I was going to say.

He has had bad luck with injuries, last season he had three injuries (worst putting him out till August this year) with only a few months between each. Takes games to get up to speed, he did not get that last season so people just blamed him being not good enough. Now he is up to speed.

28 minutes ago, Glottis said:

I agree. Its true he has been injured but he wasn't injured during the Cathro debacle and couldn't have been more posted missing. I'm not for a minute saying not to keep him but a 3 year deal would be stupid. 1 year with an option would be far better. 

I think for certain players 3 year deals offer too much security and take away the hunger/ pressure of earning a new deal. 

Maybe now properly managed by a manager that rates him. And stepping up as a senior player in our time of need. 

(And playing against Brazil) 

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

I agree. Its true he has been injured but he wasn't injured during the Cathro debacle and couldn't have been more posted missing.

Every single player was shite during Cathro’s reign. All of them. 

43 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Not just one of our best players, but one of the best players in the league.

Absolutely never understood why so many give him such a hard time 

class act 

1 hour ago, Miko said:

So glad he has managed to turn things around I backed him to do it he will be even better when the likes of naisy and uche are back also 

57 minutes ago, Peebo said:

:spoton:

Nothing he does will ever stop the folk around me going '**** sake DJOUM' when a teammate passes the ball 5 yards behind him and he doesn't control it. Or when a teammate passes the ball to him when he's surrounded by opposition players and he loses it. Or when he does anything that doesn't involve scoring a worldy. 

59 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Was he playing behind McLean seemed to roam about at times glad he wasn't playing on the left but as he is wasted when played there 

1 hour ago, Miko said:

Couldn’t agree more (even tho you’ve called me a racist in another thread ?). Now he’s fully

fit he looks every bit the player we thought he was. If he can start chipping in with more goals he’ll be well worthy of another contract. 

Make no mistake if we can't offer him a contract Sevco probably can or even Celtic.  The better the players are around him the more obvious it will be what a good player he is.

Tynecastlesmychurch
2 hours ago, Miko said:

Excellent post! 

I completely agree with you good sir! 

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nothing he does will ever stop the folk around me going '**** sake DJOUM' when a teammate passes the ball 5 yards behind him and he doesn't control it. Or when a teammate passes the ball to him when he's surrounded by opposition players and he loses it. Or when he does anything that doesn't involve scoring a worldy. 

You must sit near me. Absolute ***** of a guy the row behind who spends 90 minutes having a go at him 

My MOTM yesterday, he covered every blade of grass on that pitch and never gave them an inch. I've been very critical of him over the past couple of months but today he justified the faith that levein has shown in him. 

Marooned Abroad
8 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

First time he had pass marks in months and months (and months)

One swallow doesnt doesnt make a summer.

Where have you been? He was one of the best we had in the two previous games too.

If we let him go it will be a travesty!

9 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Section D by any chance?  I suffer similarly. 

3 hours ago, Marooned Abroad said:

Where have you been? He was one of the best we had in the two previous games too.

If we let him go it will be a travesty!

This. He is looking like the Arnaud Djoum we originally signed now he is over the injuries and finding his confidence again

9 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The auld fella that sits behind me has replaced him with Sean Clare now. His Djoum hating had to go somewhere. Even when Clare won balls in the air and made a couple of decent passes yesterday we got a "FFS Clare" or a "He's done nothing"

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, OTT said:

I agree. Its true he has been injured but he wasn't injured during the Cathro debacle and couldn't have been more posted missing. I'm not for a minute saying not to keep him but a 3 year deal would be stupid. 1 year with an option would be far better. 

I think for certain players 3 year deals offer too much security and take away the hunger/ pressure of earning a new deal. 

Every player was shite under Cathro. 

We lost out on £3m young international striker because of him and a Greek international also turned to shite. 

3 year options might be the only way we can get guys like him to the club as we can't offer the money he may want, so we sweeten the deal with a slightly longer contract. 

Not quite a cut and dry as some think. 

For example, we were in a battle with Aberdeen for Sammon, the longer deal got him here ????

Wouldn't say he was fantastic but he was probably the pick of the bunch. I would give him another year but no more.

He's not reliable.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's horrendous. 

Last week there was a period of bad play down at our left back side, near the corner. 

Djoum was at my side, out right, halfway line ish. 

A fan shouted," c'mon Djoum, finger out" 

:muggy:

Same guy kept telling Lee (Bozanic) to get a grip all game yesterday, until Lee came on. 

It should have been ten
10 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Absolutely never understood why so many give him such a hard time 

class act 

Class act when he can be bothered to put a shift in. Agree he’s been very decent of late, hope he keeps it up. 

jamboinglasgow
37 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Every player was shite under Cathro. 

We lost out on £3m young international striker because of him and a Greek international also turned to shite. 

3 year options might be the only way we can get guys like him to the club as we can't offer the money he may want, so we sweeten the deal with a slightly longer contract. 

Not quite a cut and dry as some think. 

For example, we were in a battle with Aberdeen for Sammon, the longer deal got him here ????

I may be being thick here, but who was the international striker.?

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So glad he has managed to turn things around I backed him to do it he will be even better when the likes of naisy and uche are back also 

and when vanacek joins

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I may be being thick here, but who was the international striker.?

I presume he’s speaking about Johnsen.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I presume he’s speaking about Johnsen.

Ah that makes sense, the right striker at the wrong time. Would love to have seen what he would have done under Levein.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ah that makes sense, the right striker at the wrong time. Would love to have seen what he would have done under Levein.

Levein could have kept him. Sold at basically the same time Cathro was sacked (after months of it being patently obvious the latter was inevitable). 

Brick Tamland
12 hours ago, OTT said:

I've been very critical of him but his form has been good of late. I still wouldn't want us to push the boat out to secure him but certainly making an offer would be good, lower squad turnover is needed and is one of our better players. 

12 hours ago, Peebo said:

11 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Doesnt show how good he is often enough for me but on his day an excellent player.

Worthy of a deal but not at any price.

I’m a mix of all these posts - a fit and motivated Djoum is an asset to any team, he just needs to be more consistent. 

If you don’t rate a fully fit Arnaud Djoum among the best CMs in the league then you don’t know much about football.

He’s wasted out wide but when he’s deployed correctly he’s absolutely immense.

jack D and coke
On 08/12/2018 at 22:49, Glottis said:

Just what I was about to say. It’s as clear as the nose on your face his contract is up soon. 

I like Djoum, when he’s on and playing in his natural position he can be very good. I’d be wary about another 3 year deal for him though. I’d offer him a year with a years option if all parties happy.

He’s just went missing too much after the contract was signed last time.