Again we had hardly any shots on goal

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

first off am glad we won the game from another cross but our lack of shots on target or actual shots at all is really worrying the last two games we have hardly made the opposition goal keeper work  :rifle:

Bazzas right boot

3 goals in 2 games v none in the previous 5.

This thread is like a daily record journalist- about a week late. 

wattie exploited
Just now, Jeff said:

Still had some decent chances without playing decent. Can't think of any Motherwell chances whatsoever so some positives there 

thought we defended well today as motherwell were pretty physical :rifle:

wattie exploited
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

3 goals in 2 games v none in the previous 5.

This thread is like a daily record journalist- about a week late. 

yeah all from crosses this thread is about actual shots on goal or lack off :yadayada:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wattie exploited said:

yeah all from crosses this thread is about actual shots on goal or lack off :yadayada:

We're hitting less shots, because we are going out wide, crossing and scoring, again. ?

Better than hitting shots and not scoring, no? 

10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

first off am glad we won the game from another cross but our lack of shots on target or actual shots at all is really worrying the last two games we have hardly made the opposition goal keeper work  :rifle:

Yes, an important  3 points but it's turgid to watch. We certainly lack pace, creativity and width. We also still persist with having everyone back defending corners and it's a nonsensical tactic because ,more often than not , we end up defending the second ball too.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

wattie exploited
11 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We're hitting less shots, because we are going out wide, crossing and scoring, again. ?

Better than hitting shots and not scoring, no? 

its great that we can score from crosses and headers for sure but our lack off shots in pretty dire to watch 

wattie exploited
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We scored, won the game, got a clean sheet and 3 points. 

Close thread.

hows that like because we won a game ?  so did you think it was a great game , it goes with out saying we want to win but I think we want to see a lot more shots at goal than what we have had even with our two established strikers missing here your missing the point :yadayada:

scott herbertson

They had one shot on goal that I can remember

if we try to have lots of shots on goals in games like this, with no centre forwards we will probably get beat 9 times out of 10i was happy with 3 points even if the game was a turd

wattie exploited
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

The exact reaction I made reading your thread.

glad you can read :levein_interesting:

hows that like because we won a game ?  so did you think it was a great game , it goes with out saying we want to win but I think we want to see a lot more shots at goal than what we have had even with our two established strikers missing here your missing the point :yadayada:

Sometimes we need to just grind out results. It’s clear that missing our two key forwards have hampered us wattie, we’ll get better again when they come back. 

I do understand what you are saying but we know with Naisy/Uche and when Vanecek comes we will create much more chances. We also need a winger I feel who’d add to that.

long term I don’t see the problems with lack of chances or shots, I don’t think we’ll be as short on firepower again come January. 

5 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

You realise a header from a cross etc is a shot on target yeah? People have the right to moan about a lack of goals but you canny be serious about moaning about the typw of goals we score? 

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Sometimes we need to just grind out results. It’s clear that missing our two key forwards have hampered us wattie, we’ll get better again when they come back. 

I do understand what you are saying but we know with Naisy/Uche and when Vanecek comes we will create much more chances. We also need a winger I feel who’d add to that.

long term I don’t see the problems with lack of chances or shots, I don’t think we’ll be as short on firepower again come January. 

we will definitely be better off in Jan I agree with you on that one but its still pretty hard to watch right now  

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

You realise a header from a cross etc is a shot on target yeah? People have the right to moan about a lack of goals but you canny be serious about moaning about the typw of goals we score? 

a goal is a goal and I dont care how we score I just want to see us scoring some proper goals shooting wise as that is what you pay money to see 

After the run we've been on I'm sure all Hearts fans would realise our first win would be a grind. Football is about confidence and a few wins will get us going again. The luxury players are being left out just now as its about getting points, as Levein pretty much said in his post match. 

1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

a goal is a goal and I dont care how we score I just want to see us scoring some proper goals shooting wise as that is what you pay money to see 

I wouldn't trust anyone that started other than mitchell to take a shot a goal. However a ball into the box, least a few to get on the end of it. 

When we had all our strikers fit we were creating 15-20 shots per game 

If you have no one to hold the ball up front then it's harder getting shots away in and around the box 

we won the game and that's all that matters today 

kingantti1874

I am totally surprised that a team shorn of its biggets threats is struggling a bit uo front.. Give the huge money swirling around in Scottish football why the **** have we not invested in some top top players to come off the bench 

Happy wit the win today obviously

Rather than overall statistics on shots, I am more concerned that in the last 3 games we have played well enough to deservedly take the lead and have then disappeared as an attacking threat. 

We took the lead today after 15mins after we had taken the game to Motherwell and were on top. The goal should have given us the impetus to push on and hopefully secure a comfortable win

We were one well worked set piece, deflection, refereeing decision or long-range effort from cursing our luck again today.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

20 plus shots virtually every game in our unbeaten run.

I wonder what the missing ingredient(s)could possibly be...?

Got me beat. ?

Still can't believe how close to the top we are given our recent horror run.  Celtic are running hot at present but we know how quickly that can change.  Look what happened to us.

With a full strength squad by the end of January, I am monumentally confident that we can have a really strong 2nd half of the season.

Lets hope Vanacek is the real deal.

We controlled that game, defensively we restricted Motherwell to very little, that was a team effort.

Goals will come, someone will take a beating and hopefully that is at Easter Road.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

20 plus shots virtually every game in our unbeaten run.

I wonder what the missing ingredient(s)could possibly be...?

Nailed it comprehensively 

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Your getting a hard time on here from some but you are correct , compared to the start of season there was one game we had 20 shots on goal 

I think Naismith makes all the difference and the big man also 

It’s pretty obvious that maclean and Wighton aren’t going to do much 

Once Naismith and the big uche are back it brings a totally different team 

Also  I think Clare will be a proper player in time 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully next game we have twenty shots. 

No matter about the score, tho. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Still can't believe how close to the top we are given our recent horror run.  Celtic are running hot at present but we know how quickly that can change.  Look what happened to us.

With a full strength squad by the end of January, I am monumentally confident that we can have a really strong 2nd half of the season.

Lets hope Vanacek is the real deal.

Yip, if we even only win two of the next 4, we'll likely be in the mix for second still. 

Incredible after no goals in five.... 

My mindset is now for celtic to thump rangers, celtic and Hibs. Maybe hibs can take a point of rangers as well. 

If that happens rangers won't be out clear in second. 

1st will be gone tho if that happens. 

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip, if we even only win two of the next 4, we'll likely be in the mix for second still. 

Incredible after no goals in five.... 

My mindset is now for celtic to thump rangers, celtic and Hibs. Maybe hibs can take a point of rangers as well. 

If that happens rangers won't be out clear in second. 

1st will be gone tho if that happens. 

I like the idea of celtic thumping celtic

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I like the idea of celtic thumping celtic

Aye, that would be gid. Meant Aberdeen ?

we are obviously struggling with the injuries atm but we had 9 shots (according to bbc) to put that into perspective,

thats 3 more than St Johnstone who beat Aberdeen 2-0

one shot less than Livingston who won 3-1

one shot less than Liverpool who won 4-0

one more than Chelsea who beat man city 2-0

two more than Tottenham who beat Leicester 2-0

so pretty standard for a football match, have a day off man, enjoy the win 

3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

What were you expecting 

wattie exploited
56 minutes ago, McCrae said:

What were you expecting 

at least some actual shots on target no matter what team we put out ,do you think that is actual to much to expect from a team who has the resources that we have ?:rifle:

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Dinger said:

we are obviously struggling with the injuries atm but we had 9 shots (according to bbc) to put that into perspective,

thats 3 more than St Johnstone who beat Aberdeen 2-0

one shot less than Livingston who won 3-1

one shot less than Liverpool who won 4-0

one more than Chelsea who beat man city 2-0

two more than Tottenham who beat Leicester 2-0

so pretty standard for a football match, have a day off man, enjoy the win 

i obviously did enjoy any hearts win mate I just would like more actual shots at goal at least ,I dont know where the bbc got we had 9 shots their  keeper never had more than two shot,s  on target to save the whole game :rifle:

5 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

i obviously did enjoy any hearts win mate I just would like more actual shots at goal at least ,I dont know where the bbc got we had 9 shots their  keeper never had more than two shot,s  on target to save the whole game :rifle:

Their keeper had 3 to save 1 to pick out , add in Clares shot and Lee’s and thats 6 before you start thinking about any not particularly good efforts that went softly to the keeper or blocked ones.

What we needed today was an ugly 1 0 win. We got that. Let's worry about shots on goal when we have our key players back. I'm going stick my neck out and suggest it won't be a point for debate then! 

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hopefully next game we have twenty shots. 

No matter about the score, tho. 

Well if you do have 20 more chance of winnng I would suggest 

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Well if you do have 20 more chance of winnng I would suggest 

Not really you’d be better with two or three quality opportunities than 20shots from outside the box that look good like Wattie seems to want. Were getting the ball back in the mixer so hopefully we build on today but if that was four 1-0 wins to end the year i’d take it

• redm changed the title to Again we had hardly any shots on goal