Again we had hardly any shots on goal

wattie exploited

4 hours ago, Barack said:

20 plus shots virtually every game in our unbeaten run.

I wonder what the missing ingredient(s)could possibly be...?

On head nail.... not in that order....

Bazzas right boot
Just now, NB GIN said:

Well if you do have 20 more chance of winnng I would suggest 

As opposed to twenty crosses? 

Not so sure.

I get the op' s point. 

We do need to shoot more, but we also need to get in the box more and more Control to have these shots

I also don't care if we score from crosses like we did today, although the op isn't happy with that, apparently? 

In all honesty, We don't need more shots, we need more goals, who the **** cares how they go in? 

Sadly, with Maclean our only striker we'll need to soldier on then rain the goals in when Naismith, DV and Ulche are back- shots and from crosses. 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Barack said:

20 plus shots virtually every game in our unbeaten run.

I wonder what the missing ingredient(s)could possibly be...?

It’s a mystery mate?!

Seriously though it’s actually mental that some folk can’t quite grasp how much losing our strongest players through injuries affects us. Any excuse to bash the boss though ?

wattie exploited
31 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

It’s a mystery mate?!

Seriously though it’s actually mental that some folk can’t quite grasp how much losing our strongest players through injuries affects us. Any excuse to bash the boss though ?

who is bashing Craig  ? :yadayada:  what do you think that we shouldn't be expecting more from the team in terms of creating and getting shots of at goal because I do no matter what team we put out we are Hearts fc not some ****ing some diddy team like half the teams in this league who with our resources  should be doing better than we have even if we do have our main strikers out :rifle: 

6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

who is bashing Craig  ? :yadayada:  what do you think that we shouldn't be expecting more from the team in terms of creating and getting shots of at goal because I do no matter what team we put out we are Hearts fc not some ****ing some diddy team like half the teams in this league who with our resources  should be doing better than we have even if we do have our main strikers out :rifle: 

Delusions of grandeur. 

Liked your music as a youngster mate but yer away with the bigots when it comes to football rational. 

Old firm mentality is nauseous imo.

It should have been ten
46 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Aye well some of us are just relieved and happy to get a win and clean sheet considering our injury situation. If we have to win ugly when we’re in dire straits that’ll do for me... :rifle:  

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

at least some actual shots on target no matter what team we put out ,do you think that is actual to much to expect from a team who has the resources that we have ?:rifle:

The resources we have are currently sitting in the treatment room. Surely you couldn't have missed that. 

I'll take 1 shot on goal and a win over 20 shots on goal and a zero zero 

Putting the ball in the back of the net is what gets you points 

7 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye well some of us are just relieved and happy to get a win and clean sheet considering our injury situation. If we have to win ugly when we’re in dire straits that’ll do for me... :rifle:  

We are all relieved to gets a win .... the OP has a decent point to make and he is right we are not having as many shots at goal ...., logic says more shots = more possibilities of scoring goals

we will get stronger and think we are beginning to turn the corner 

Edited by NB GIN

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

We are all relieved to gets a win .... the OP has a decent point to make and he is right we are not having as many shots at goal ...., physics defnes more shots = more possibilities of scoring goals

we will get stronger and think we are beginning to turn the corner 

He's not got a point, not when he dismisses crosses as a separate thing. 

We did lack shots, but we had allot of dangerous crosses and scored from one. 

Motherwell had a few shots, maybe 3/4 on target but they were all tollies and our crosses (Maclean, Djoum and Haring chances) were far more dangerous than thier shots. 

So, after a 1-0 win in which we scored from a cross, any point he may have is lost. 

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

After the run we've been on I'm sure all Hearts fans would realise our first win would be a grind. Football is about confidence and a few wins will get us going again. The luxury players are being left out just now as its about getting points, as Levein pretty much said in his post match. 

This.......

its still bloody amazing where we are in the table considering the last few weeks have been dire

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Diddy team... 

Beat Aberdeen 3-0, drew with Celtic 1-1 in the last week. 

You're sounding like an OF fan, and in the process a bit silly. 

Also, you do know 2/3 strikers are injured? 

I genuinely don’t understand how people cannot get their head around the fact that losing our best two attacking players through injury will result in a dip of form and the standard of our attacking play.

A lot of challenged thinking goes on on JKB but this issue seems like something even my 5 year old would understand.

The equivalent question would be to her: is the film Beauty and the Beast a worse film if Belle and the Beast are not in the film at all?

Edited by Jammy T

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Industrial football for a wee bit I can live with. Exactly a year since the 8 clean sheets commenced. Same this year will reestablish a platform 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I genuinely don’t understand how people cannot get their head around the fact that losing our best two attacking players through injury will result in a dip of form and the standard of our attacking play.

A lot of challenged thinking goes on on JKB but this issue seems like something even my 5 year old would understand.

The equivalent question would be to her: is the film Beauty and the Beast a worse film if Belle and the Beast are not in the film at all?

Honestly no point wasting your time trying to work them out or reason with them bud. 

ToadKiller Dog

It was an OK result for an away win under normal circumstances . 

I don't like seeing 3 players back when we have a corner when playing at home, I don't think Motherwell offered that much of a threat in counter attacking to warrent that yesterday but  guess their result against celtic showed it was a potential threat. 

But clearly now I think it was the game plan(initially yesterday thought we looked lost after scoring) to try to counter teams coming to Tynecastle sitting back then catching us out due to our powder puff attack at the moment, effective it was I guess but bloody awful way to play home games. 

A wee bit like some performances from last year. 

But will accept it for time being as we needed a boost a win gives and we are another step closer to getting Naismith back. 

16 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

first off am glad we won the game from another cross but our lack of shots on target or actual shots at all is really worrying the last two games we have hardly made the opposition goal keeper work  :rifle:

Its almost as if we have a striker problem ?

15 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We won, we kept a clean sheet, nobody got injured or sent off.

Good day at the office, let’s move on.

Glad Levein won't think like that. Guarantee he will analyze the game and bring positive criticism to the players. 

51 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Glad Levein won't think like that. Guarantee he will analyze the game and bring positive criticism to the players. 

That’s his job, I agree.  Was merely pointing out that before the game we’d have taken an ugly 1-0.

19 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

at least some actual shots on target no matter what team we put out ,do you think that is actual to much to expect from a team who has the resources that we have ?:rifle:

How many recognised strikers did we have playing....  ridiculous thread.

9 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

It was an OK result for an away win under normal circumstances . 

I don't like seeing 3 players back when we have a corner when playing at home, I don't think Motherwell offered that much of a threat in counter attacking to warrent that yesterday but  guess their result against celtic showed it was a potential threat. 

But clearly now I think it was the game plan(initially yesterday thought we looked lost after scoring) to try to counter teams coming to Tynecastle sitting back then catching us out due to our powder puff attack at the moment, effective it was I guess but bloody awful way to play home games. 

A wee bit like some performances from last year. 

But will accept it for time being as we needed a boost a win gives and we are another step closer to getting Naismith back. 

I think we are still short of the type of midfielder with that bit more quality and mentality to get into spaces behind the opposition midfield. Haring, Boz do a good job in the more industrious side and Haring is a threat in the box as proven.

But 90 mins is a long time. We need variety if something else isn't bearing fruit and certainly in times we are short upfront.

Tbh, we've been disappointing out wide in respect of attacking. We used to have wide players who could notch a goal or two over the course.

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, McCrae said:

How many recognised strikers did we have playing....  ridiculous thread.

are you asking me or dont you know ? 

question  what do you just think strikers should be scoring goals as if that was the case we would have no ****ing points of late :nah:

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Diddy team... 

Beat Aberdeen 3-0, drew with Celtic 1-1 in the last week. 

You're sounding like an OF fan, and in the process a bit silly. 

Also, you do know 2/3 strikers are injured? 

O F  fan hahahah! right then if you say so , and we should be beating at least half the teams in this league as they are diddy teams compared to hearts :rifle:

wattie exploited
21 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

The resources we have are currently sitting in the treatment room. Surely you couldn't have missed that. 

of coarse not

• redm changed the title to Again we had hardly any shots on goal
wattie exploited
21 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

I agree with you on all off what you say here but I just want to see better attacking play !

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

O F  fan hahahah! right then if you say so , and we should be beating at least half the teams in this league as they are diddy teams compared to hearts :rifle:

Diddy teams...... ?

23 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Its scary that folk can’t get their head round it. The stick given to both Clare and Wighton is unreal, it’s clear that they are both luxury players that need a bit of time and space instead of being asked to chase long balls. We will see the best from both when they are exploiting the space uche creates by keeping both centres halves busy. 

at the moment we have no room in and around the box because teams only need 1 man to deal with McLean. Uche and Naismith get the attention of 3 sometimes 4 defenders which creates huge amounts of time and space for others.

40 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Its scary that folk can’t get their head round it. The stick given to both Clare and Wighton is unreal, it’s clear that they are both luxury players that need a bit of time and space instead of being asked to chase long balls. We will see the best from both when they are exploiting the space uche creates by keeping both centres halves busy. 

at the moment we have no room in and around the box because teams only need 1 man to deal with McLean. Uche and Naismith get the attention of 3 sometimes 4 defenders which creates huge amounts of time and space for others.

Spot on post 

u nailed it by mentioning the distraction that players like naisy and uche are for opposition defences and this will definitely make it easier for our midfield to get in the mix when we return - plus Maclean will get the support and his game will improve again - feel sorry for him at the moment as he is an easy target but it must be near impossible for him to play the same way without these same players 

vanacek coming into the mix will add even more threat and a different type of threat - I think we are going to have an extremely potent attack next year with these 4 

clare and wighton are development players - far too much pressure on them at the moment to be the main threat and I think this is having an impact on their overall game - I'm absolutely certain we will be a different beast next season 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Spot on post 

u nailed it by mentioning the distraction that players like naisy and uche are for opposition defences and this will definitely make it easier for our midfield to get in the mix when we return - plus Maclean will get the support and his game will improve again - feel sorry for him at the moment as he is an easy target but it must be near impossible for him to play the same way without these same players 

vanacek coming into the mix will add even more threat and a different type of threat - I think we are going to have an extremely potent attack next year with these 4 

clare and wighton are development players - far too much pressure on them at the moment to be the main threat and I think this is having an impact on their overall game - I'm absolutely certain we will be a different beast next season 

Wighton I can accept as a young player for 'development' - although I think he is too lightweight and timid to make it at Hearts.

Surely Clare cannot be termed a 'development player'???  He has good experience down South. I can accept he needed to get fit and get match practice, however he has been in full time training with Hearts for coming up for 3 months, and has played quite a few games now - I am disappointed he has not shown us more considering the reputation he came with.

42 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wighton I can accept as a young player for 'development' - although I think he is too lightweight and timid to make it at Hearts.

Surely Clare cannot be termed a 'development player'???  He has good experience down South. I can accept he needed to get fit and get match practice, however he has been in full time training with Hearts for coming up for 3 months, and has played quite a few games now - I am disappointed he has not shown us more considering the reputation he came with.

Hear what u are saying re Clare but I am saying the word development on the basis of the squad balance at the time that they were both brought in 

uche naisy vanacek and McLean up front would allow wighton,  in time,  to hopefully develop in the background .. having 5 first team strikers is hard to keep happy especially when they are all fit - 3 first team wages on the bench we just can't afford so for me this is straightforward 

our midfield was the same in terms of depth - olly bozanic haring djoum Morrison, suppose then u could also argue Mulraney and amankawaa formation dependant - Clare was a top prospect and not long ago was playing at a top level but then seemed to fall away. I just have a feeling that the club recognised that at the time but thought given the amount of depth and players in our midfield that we could introduce him steadily and build up his fitness in the background - with a view to eventually letting him loose when we had built him Back up to the level he was previously at before - all be it the thinking probably was he would be introduced and make an impact well before wighton would,

injuries put paid to both these theories thus we have had to throw the both of them in the team and I don't think it has had the best of impact for each of them and for slightly different reasons. Wighton as u said hasn't showed anything really and isn't ready and the pressure of being one of the main strikers has probably showed that in his performances to date. 

Clare - I think he is one of these players who will feed off players who can unsettle defences and distract defenders - players like uche/mclean/Naismith and I heavily suspect vanacek when he arrives - there won't be as much pressure on him to perform when these key players are back thus removing the pressure from him and I can see him being more of an attacking threat and thriving in the side with these players linking him and surrounding him rather than him currently attacking from behind with no real outlet up front or to help bring him through and give him more space to get on the ball and in the right areas 

if u look at any negatives ie players that we have brought in and yet to see any real reason that they will succeed at the club ie wighton, Danny, mulraney I still think in small glimpses u can see that Clare is a player and wouldn't categorise him with the other 3 - I still think he will come good and we will see the best of him next year but I would have more reason to doubt the other 3 although to be fair to wighton it may take more time with him