Assistant Referees

BelgeJambo

Not going to defend our hapless referees in this country but I am also wondering, how ****ing bad are the linesmen?

offside against Rangers 

penalty vs St Johnstone and today

the main stand linesman must of been playing with blinkers

They could be helping more and maybe deserve more scrutiny 

last thing - did anyone listen to that clown Stuart Dougal on BT sport last night.  He just summed up the officialdom mindset in 10 minutes

Edited by BelgeJambo
Typo

Wheatfield side linesman was good first half. 

Might have got us out of jail as well flagging for foul on the disallowed Motherwell goal.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wheatfield side linesman was good first half. 

Might have got us out of jail as well flagging for foul on the disallowed Motherwell goal.

Thought there was a foul in the lead up to the goal. Zlamal also stopped playing so I'm not sure we got let off

Hanseskillson

I’ve noticed for a couple of years now the hesitation in linesman when it’s a throw in etc they don’t have a single clue which way to give so they wait on the ref to see which way he will point it’s ****ing embarrassing. And to add to it when a free kick is given are they not meant to stand in line to make sure it’s taken from the correct place? Today the linesman stood in line but Michael Smith went to take it 10 yds ahead and the ****ing linesman moved up into line with the player lol sometimes the ref bothers other times they don’t so it just shows how much of a half ****ing job they all do 

Sure I read somewhere that some refs tell their linesman, I’m in charge I make the decisions, so hence the hesitation sticking up their flag 

The facts are that  they are in constant verbal communication during the match, so if they don’t stick their  flag up it doesn’t mean they are  not contributing or making  decisions / assisting the referee .

it just results in the fans not being aware of their involvement and assuming they are not getting involved, similar to guys behind the goals in European Competition.

1 hour ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

The facts are that  they are in constant verbal communication during the match, so if they don’t stick their  flag up it doesn’t mean they are  not contributing or making  decisions / assisting the referee .

it just results in the fans not being aware of their involvement and assuming they are not getting involved, similar to guys behind the goals in European Competition.

I can only assume some of them have poor communication skills then