Ratings v Motherwell

Ministry of Football

Ministry of Football

Looks like I'm the one having to start the ratings threads again.

Zlamal - 7 - No mistakes but not really that much to do.

Godinho - 4 - Seen better.
Dikamona - 7 - Very solid and seems happier with three centre backs.
Smith - 8 - Outstanding makeshift centre back performance. Excellent distribution as well.
Berra - 6 - Assured but distribution was disappointing.
Mitchell - 5 - More comfortable with less defending to do in a 3:5:2

Djoum - 8 - Brilliant.
Haring - 7 Get him signed up on a longer contract
Bozanic - 7- All action performance.

Clare - 5 - For someone with so much pace, ability and a great spring for aerial challenges, he is just really disappointing.
Maclean - 5 - Huffed and puffed

Levein - 6 - Dropped Wighton which was good. Playing Smith as a makeshift CH worked really well. Pity we were holding on for a large part of the second half at home, to Motherwell, which put a bit of a damper on in the performance.

Collum - 8 - Can't belive I'm saying this but, well refereed.

Edited by Ministry of Football

Those ratings are far too high for what we’ve just witnessed. Djoum an 8, seriously. 

Collun was nowhere near an 8 as well. Seemed determined not to give McLean any free kicks despite the Motherwell centre half’s climbing all over him. Mind you, still better than Madden and Dallas, so it’s all relative

Bobby - 7 dealt with everything required, didn't have the busiest of games.

Dikamona - 6 I've seen people raving about him today. For me he gave away countless fouls and passing was terrible.

Berra - 8 Solid again, Main still in his back pocket. Still looks to be uncomfortable in his running, another 90 mins in the bag.

Smith - 9 apart from 1 blip that nearly cost us he was outstanding, cigars out.

Godinho - 7 the lad is growing in confidence and was steady through out.

Harring - 7 our match winner and warrior in the middle. Took a lot of knocks but brushed himself down and got on with it.

Djoum - 8 worked tirelessly and tried to control what was a very scrappy game, definitely improved the last few months and looking sharper.

Bozanic - 7 tidy player who always looks for the ball and works really hard, great cross for the goal.

Mitchell - 6 defended better and looked dangerous in the first half, just expect a bit more from him.

Clare - 6 again worked hard and not much came off for him. Still to see anything to convince me he is good enough for us.

MacLean - 6 thankless task today, worked his socks off but not much to write home about.

Not going to rate the subs, think Levein didn't give them enough time. A poor game but a welcome 3 points.

The four which don't look right to me.

7 - Zlamal while having no save of note to make looked very hesitant about wanting to come and claim anything.

5 - Mitchell I thought played well and dug in at end too

6 - Thought he was his usual outstanding self and won 95% of his headers and handled the tricky Main very well

5 - Think that's very harsh on Clare, a lot of our best stuff in first half had him involved and he's slowly but surely finding some form.

It was a terrible game of football let’s be honest, anyone who’s giving out 8,9s needs to lie down,

7s

Smith MOM

Berra 

dikamona 

djoum 

haring 

Bozanic 

6s 

clare 

maclean 

mitchell 

godihno could have been a 5 

bobby nothing to do really 

Francis Albert

Zlamal had little to do but he seems for some reason to struggle to collect cleanly balls yhat come to him along the ground.

Some generous numbers above. No-one merited an 8 or 9 overall. Haring Smith and Djoum 7s and the rest 4s to 6s at best.

Can’t agree with those saying Djoum didn’t deserve an 8. Highly critical of him usually but he was really good today and the best player on the park by miles.

Anyone giving Berra a 6 needs a lie down. Some excellent last gasp defending and magnificent clearances.

Zlamal - 7 - Controlled his box well. 

Godinho - 4 - Another one who needs match fitness.
Dikamona - 7 - Thought he played the game to suit his skill. Simple and solid. Main is a handful and between the they kept him from scoring.
Smith - 8 - One moment when he was caught in two minds but I thought he played really well. 
Berra - 7- Another who had to deal with Main who game is based on physicality and fouling. 
Mitchell - 5.5 - massive improvement the only way was up for him from 1 

Djoum - 8 - I wish he’d play like that every game. 
Haring - 7 - good goal 
Bozanic - 7- Busy afternoon for him. 

Clare - 5.9 Slight and positive improvement 
Maclean - 6.5 To me he’s an inside forward and would at his best playing of a target man. 

13 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can’t agree with those saying Djoum didn’t deserve an 8. Highly critical of him usually but he was really good today and the best player on the park by miles.

Anyone giving Berra a 6 needs a lie down. Some excellent last gasp defending and magnificent clearances.

U watched the same game as me. I'm Djoums biggest critic but he was good today. 

1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Dikamona - 6 I've seen people raving about him today. For me he gave away countless fouls and passing was terrible.

Berra - 8 Solid again, Main still in his back pocket. Still looks to be uncomfortable in his running, another 90 mins in the bag.

Harring - 7 our match winner and warrior in the middle. Took a lot of knocks but brushed himself down and got on with it.

Djoum - 8 worked tirelessly and tried to control what was a very scrappy game, definitely improved the last few months and looking sharper.

Bozanic - 7 tidy player who always looks for the ball and works really hard, great cross for the goal.

Mitchell - 6 defended better and looked dangerous in the first half, just expect a bit more from him.

Clare - 6 again worked hard and not much came off for him. Still to see anything to convince me he is good enough for us.

MacLean - 6 thankless task today, worked his socks off but not much to write home about.

Not going to rate the subs, think Levein didn't give them enough time. A poor game but a welcome 3 points.

Godinho better than Dikamona ?

1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

:cornette_dog:

Thought Police

Djoum MOTM today I thought. Anything we did well went through him today and he got stuck in. That take from the cross ball and cut back was sublime, just a shame no one got on the end of it

24 minutes ago, Mort said:

I think Djoum is a good technical player but there is far moree to playing football than that. He has poor positional play when we don't have the ball and is often slow to track back, in saying that he springs to life when we are pressing forward. 

• Zlamal - 6 Can he only kick/distribute to his right? Wish he'd look up for an early ball now and again

Godinho - 4 - Poor game.
    Dikamona - 7 - Kept it simple. Worked hard.
    Smith - 7 Some cracking passes first half
    Berra - 7 - Shackled Main who seems to e a better player than he was.
    Mitchell - 6 - Involved more and got forward more

Djoum - 8 - MOTM. I've criticized him for shiteing out of tackles before but was very good today
    Haring - 7 Looked tired towards the end. Lot of hefty tackles on him
  • Bozanic - 6 Busy throughout. Passing could be better.

Clare - 6- With balls to feet he can play. Improvement
    Maclean - 5 - Fouled throughout and got nothing but he's not a lone striker

Levein - 5 - I very much feel he's the man to take us forward but, today we were passive and defensive at times, second half when there were opportunities to get forward. We needed the win desperately I suppose but still.
    Collum - 5 allowed constant fouls on Hearts players and gave Well everything
  •  
  •  

Edited by Jamhammer

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ministry of Football said:

Smith - 8 - Outstanding makeshift centre back performance. Excellent distribution as well.

Djoum - 8 - Brilliant.

Clare - 5 - For someone with so much pace, ability and a great spring for aerial challenges, he is just really disappointing.

Levein - 6 - Dropped Wighton which was good. Playing Smith as a makeshift CH worked really well. Pity we were holding on for a large part of the second half at home, to Motherwell, which put a bit of a damper on in the performance.

Genelly Agree but I'd give Maclean a 7, done well. So e nice touches and worked of scraps for allot of the game. His header when on the ground is worthy of a 7 on it's own! 

Bozanic a 6, tidy but nothing above average. 

Djoum a 7, was a class above at times, 3/4 times done very well, good football brain, but wasn't involved enough for a 8.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:
  • Zlamal - 6 Can he only kick/distribute to his right? Wish he'd look up for an early ball now and again

Godinho - 4 - Poor game.
    Dikamona - 7 - Kept it simple. Worked hard.
    Smith - 7 Some cracking passes first half
    Berra - 7 - Shackled Main who seems to e a better player than he was.
    Mitchell - 6 - Involved more and got forward more

Djoum - 8 - MOTM. I've criticized him for shiteing out of tackles before but was very good today
    Haring - 7 Looked tired towards the end. Lot of hefty tackles on him
  • Bozanic - 6 Busy throughout. Passing could be better.

Clare - 56- With balls to feet he can play. Improvement
    Maclean - 5 - Fouled throughout and got nothing but he's not a lone striker

Levein - 5 - I very much feel he's the man to take us forward but, today we were passive and defensive at times, second half when there were opportunities to get forward. We needed the win desperately I suppose but still.
    Collum - 5 allowed constant fouls on Hearts players and gave Well everything
  •  
  •  

56 for Clare?

He wasn't that good. 

1 hour ago, Ministry of Football said:

Djoum - 8 - Brilliant.

actually agree with most of this, apart from Berra. 7 for me. And also thought Clare is beginning to show more and more glimpses of what the fuss has all been about. Collum had a great game 

The worst game of football I have seen in years but as we won we must have collectively been better so/ All Motherwell 4's. All Jambos 5's. Not a great advert for our game. 

Libertonian_ii01

Źlamal 6 not much to do

Dikamona 7 Got the better of Main

Smith 9 motm 

Berra 8 captain rock

Godinho 4 awful again

Clare 6 getting better

Bozanic 6 lots of effort nae skill

Djoum  7 getting back to best form

Mitchell 5 continues to disappoint 

Haring 8 took a lot of stick still scored though

McLean 6 worked hard with poor support 

Berra 7.5 for me was our motm.     Had main in his back pocket despite everything going through main.    Due to his dominance and following main everywhere it game smith and dikamona so much more space and time.   For me, without Berra, today could have had a very different outcome.

Haring smith djoum 7

The rest 6

Clare 6 - probably the best he has been, more of a shift put in today but still expect him to be involved in the final third more often.

Probably the worst game of football i have seen in a long long time but great to be back to winning ways. 

Bobby 6 Nothing to do

Godinho 5 Wing backs were the only disappointing part if team for me.

Berra 7 Given a hard time by the Motherwell centre forward but did ok, sloppy distribution at times.

Smith 8 One mistake aside he was excellent. Motm

Dikamona 7 Did ok

Mitchell 5 As Godinho. Lacking a bit of confidence.

Bozanic 7 Played his role well

Haring 7 Played well

Djoum 8 Rivalled Smith for Motm. 

Clare 6 Getting there

MacLean 5 Thankless task.

Lee 4 Not much time.

Levein 7. Selection and set up correct. Game plan worked, would like to have seen us play more football after the first 20mins but job done. Could have made subs earlier.

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Berra my Motm 7

Djoum, Smith, Haring and Clare 6

McLean 2

The rest 5

Agree with most of this. Except a 6 for Bozanic  McLean (tough shift and he kept going to his credit)and 6 for Dikamona but a 5 for Godinho. He could have and should have in my opinion set up a few goals yesterday if his final cross had been better

Thunderstruck

I wouldn’t want to dish out individual scores as that was a very good team performance. They all had a part to play and stuck to the task. 

Motherwell’s strength is getting down the wings and firing crosses into the box. Levein set it up as 3-5-2 and that worked so well that Motherwell were forced to resort to the Route 1 approach for most of the game. 

In games like yesterday’s (exactly replicating the very same game almost 1 year earlier), the entire team has to work hard both on and off the ball; that is exactly what happened. 

If, however, I were to pick out one player, it would be Peter Haring as, even with an injury, he was at the middle of everything.