Godinho

DB-14

Worth noting Godinho is still young and his appearances in senior football are actually very sparse, that was his 10th? Game for hearts, a cap for Canada (45 mins) and a handful of games at Berwick Rangers

he will of course make mistakes, he is also as noted coming back from a couple of extremely serious injuries so coupled with being inexperienced is still trying to get match sharp

he is to me an exciting young prospect who with the right coaching and support will have the chinks in his armour ironed out in no time and be a much better player for it

was out on his arse by 90 minutes but he wasn’t alone

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• DB-14

• kimosavi

• Jenks

TBF to the lad he has been out injured for a long time and just came back - I thought he was looking really good before he got injured 

6 in our midfield 5 in theirs - it was congested to a point - the lad had an off game today but I still think he is a very good prospect and will get better 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

He was rotten before he got injured 

How long does it take to get back to where you think he should be? 

Your talking out your arse. He was coming on well and showing signs of being a solid player for us. I would give him another month or so to get up to speed. I don't  know what your problem is with the guy he's done nothing to cost us a game and doesn't really deserve the hate.

Doesn't hide. Still looking for the ball despite any mistakes. 

Also notably can play several positions. Probably end up in midfield. 

been here before

Nearly spawned the spawniest of all spawny goals.

That moment aside I dont think he'll look back and think he had a good game today.

The best thing you could say id that he kept persevering.

Edited by been here before

Captain Canada

It calls into question why Hughes is still at the club. Godinho has been hung out to dry a bit as he's clearly not fit enough yet. He should be getting eased back in gently in the reserves. 

30 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Stop talking absolute shite.

Do you honestly think he’s of the standard required or will ever be of the standard required to be Hearts first choice right back? We might just win a cup with him playing there. Lesser players than him have managed to win a cup in Scotland. But we will never be a team that competes for the top 2 places in Scotland with players of that standard. 

5 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Do you honestly think he’s of the standard required or will ever be of the standard required to be Hearts first choice right back? We might just win a cup with him playing there. Lesser players than him have managed to win a cup in Scotland. But we will never be a team that competes for the top 2 places in Scotland with players of that standard. 

He'll be a different player with experience.

He's only played 10 games for Hearts. 

Now you may be one these experts that always sees talent. But I see a good player. Future in midfield. Good future. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It calls into question why Hughes is still at the club. Godinho has been hung out to dry a bit as he's clearly not fit enough yet. He should be getting eased back in gently in the reserves. 

My thoughts as well. Why play him before Hughes, who could have played in the back three enabling Smith to play wing back.

Feel a bit sorry for the lad. After all, it was the managers decision to pick him.

1 hour ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Won’t make it at hearts and that’s a fact

Nope. It’s not a fact. It’s an opinion. You been reading Trump’s dictionary?

Just now, amadjambo said:

Nope. It’s not a fact. It’s an opinion. You been reading Trump’s dictionary?

Bookmark and let you know in a year or two. File him under Liam smith

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

In a largely dire game, Godinho excelled himself in being horrendous. What is he actually good at? 

Not good enough in my opinion. Needs to improve fast, what's he good at? I think he can spot a pass when we attack

Sounds like he's had a poor game, wasn't able to catch the game, but he is a young defender and bound to make mistakes. He's impressed me overall so far in a short time so hope it works out. Been good at times in defence and attack.

6 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Thats the profession he's chosen which entitles every fan to an opinion on it, if you or marcus dont like it dont visit fans forums 

Sick of injuries and lack of fitness being a kop out for players and fans these days 

Godinho being out injured has nothing to do with him being a rubbish football player at Hearts 

Your posts are rubbish because they don’t have any grammar in them. If you don’t like it, don’t visit a fans forum. 

We are all Marcus Godhinho. 

He's been injured for a long time. He's also missed pre-season which I think has a massive impact - didn't Naismith say as much about himself? 

Hoping Brandons back so the two can be swapped around when required. 

4 hours ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Won’t make it at hearts and that’s a fact

He was good before injury set back. Hope he gets back to what we seen before his injury or he will find himself out on loan like his flat mates Zanetta and Paton who is now with county.

Never hid, never bottled a challenge and wore the shirt with pride. 

That used to be a badge of honour before anything else and was used as a good motivator to guys just coming through the ranks. 

Godinho put in a shift today and 3 points are in the bag. 

Maybe a few auld timed badly numbheids didn't like his haircut. 

I thought he looked good before his injury but he’s been poor since he came back. I’d like to think that initial ability is still there so won’t be writing him off yet. Hopefully he just needs to get fitter. 

10 hours ago, Herbert said:

Your talking out your arse. He was coming on well and showing signs of being a solid player for us. I would give him another month or so to get up to speed. I don't  know what your problem is with the guy he's done nothing to cost us a game and doesn't really deserve the hate.

I've nothing against the kid honest 

He's just not good enough and his performances are showing this. I thought he was poor before his injury and he's been poor after it. He'll be away in a year 

scott herbertson

Thought he was ok - tried his heart out and sure, a couple of things went wrong, but he didn't give up and in the second half was willing to get forward to support the attack, didn't hide

Don't think anyone deserves high marks (except maybe Djoum and Berra) but it was  a good team performance in the 'can't buy a win' situation we found ourselves

There are a few fickle posters on here, seen it numerous times with young players being written off after an initial ‘ he’s an exciting player who’ll make us money ‘ type post, kid has had a horrendous injury and maybe not quite ready to get thrown back in but he’s doing his best, whether he has a future at Hearts only time will tell but to write him off after a handful of appearances is laughable. Morrison had a great start gone of the boil and now ‘ he’s not ready ‘ Godhino just back from injury has a couple of average performances ‘ never good enough ‘ I just hope for Brandon’s sake he doesn’t have a poor game or he’ll  be the next to get slaughtered! 

Last season he looked good and despite limited appearances still managed a call up. Technically he looks not bad and never hides, always wants the ball and to link up. Good ball in for the goal against Rangers, some very good touches yesterday too.

Points from yesterday;

- just back from a long term injury

- matched their wing back and if he was beaten he dropped in to cover Dikamoma who stepped out

- clean sheet 

- didn't have a winger or a striker running the channel as an out ball so largely spent time on the ball looking for a midfield or backward pass putting himself under pressure.

Misplaced passes can be worked on, I'm not sure why we feel the need to slaughter a young guy rushed back in after injury who contributed to a clean sheet at the back yesterday. Poor at times but also decent at times yesterday, move on to the next game.

17 hours ago, RDSK said:

He sure was before his injury , called up to his national team too. I think he will.

Alongside Clare, Wighton, Maclean, Lee and possibly Mitchell looks drained of confidence just now. We’ve really struggled to get the ball down and pass it way too many players aren’t wanting the ball and nervously/aimlessly get shot of it. Big week in training needed as Livi will be in our faces next Friday and if we’re not able to pass it through their press we’ll lose. 

Edited by VivaObua

Ministry of Football
6 hours ago, Futurejambo said:

There are a few fickle posters on here, seen it numerous times with young players being written off after an initial ‘ he’s an exciting player who’ll make us money ‘ type post, kid has had a horrendous injury and maybe not quite ready to get thrown back in but he’s doing his best, whether he has a future at Hearts only time will tell but to write him off after a handful of appearances is laughable. Morrison had a great start gone of the boil and now ‘ he’s not ready ‘ Godhino just back from injury has a couple of average performances ‘ never good enough ‘ I just hope for Brandon’s sake he doesn’t have a poor game or he’ll  be the next to get slaughtered! 

There are a few "accepting" posters who will not see reality no matter how much it stares them in the face. 

When a player constantly does not deliver, it is not just the individual who suffers. It actually drags the whole team down. 

There were some on here kept backing Jack Hamilton in goals for an entire season, no matter how many games he cost us. It was the same old arguments. 

When they reach their 20's,  players are no longer kids. If they don't show it on the pitch when you get numerous chances, it is time to move them on. We have quite a few players like this on the books now, taking up a wage and showing very little when it matters. 

For the kids, this is why youngsters like Cochrane, Morrison etc, should be loaned out, to allow them to mature in a less critical environment than Tynecastle. It is good for them and good for us in the long run. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

I didn't see the match and everyone is entitled to their opinion but there are some very harsh opinions on here for a player who proudly wears the Maroon jersey! Hopefully Godinho gets back to being the promising young defender he was before suffering a bad injury!

maroonnicky63
On 08/12/2018 at 17:08, SteauaNeedarest said:

In a largely dire game, Godinho excelled himself in being horrendous. What is he actually good at? 

Behave yourself and stop being a shite supporter

Ricardo Shillyshally
5 hours ago, Jenks said:

He sure was before his injury , called up to his national team too. I think he will.

So was Colin Miller. 

Stephane Grappelli

Seen Godinho in Sainsbury's Murrayfield last week.  He was with Ross Callaghan and some massive big bloke I didn't recognise.

Earlier in the season after a game I saw Christophe there and seen Juanma there with his missus shortly before he parted company with the club.

It really is a hot bed of Heart of Midlothian talent that place.

Players like Godinho remind me of the Liverpool right back who was going to be the next Cafu. Can’t recall the lad’s name but he had a good game at 18, got injured and came back into the team and was hopeless. I had people on here slating me because I said the guy was nowhere near Liverpool standard. Everyone WANTED him to do well because he’d had a bad injury and that’s fine, but at the end of the day if he’s not got it, he’s not got it. No idea where that alleged wonder kid is now.

My belief is waning that Marcus Godinho will ever be good enough for Hearts. Even during his cameo on Wednesday he got caught in possession badly by Wotherspoon and got the benefit of a dodgy goal kick call in our favour when it should have been a corner. 

We all desperately WANT our players to do well, of course we do, but there’s no room for weak links or sentiment when we’re at the business end of the table. 

Godinho had a poor game on Saturday. It happens. Move on. He's still a great talent and will perform to higher standard more consistently with more game-time.  Not rocket science.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Godinho had a poor game on Saturday. It happens. Move on. He's still a great talent and will perform to higher standard more consistently with more game-time.  Not rocket science.

This.

Plus it was his second or so game back from a long injury?

24 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Where is Connor Randall playing now? 

Rochdale on loan from Liverpool 

Hasn't played. Subbed first half in first game end Nov and not in squad last 2 games. 

Edited by Mikey1874

EastSideJambo

Pleasantries have started I see....

Interesting someone should mention Randall.  Played 40 mins all season according to Rochdale website 

I thought he was decent enough. He was one of 4 right backs so understandable we didn't follow up. He was poor in midfield when used there 

Perhaps he's been injured this season.  Seems a bit strange otherwise 

Edit. The Rochdale website stats are incorrect.  He's played a few games but fairly intermittently. Subbed after 40 mins of a defeat at Oxford United and not in last 2 squads 

Edited by EastSideJambo

The lad had a pretty awful game. He is a talent though and I hope it has not dented his confidence.