Agentjambo

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We've got a good solid base for next season if our out of contacts and loanees leave:

Zlamal

Souttar

Berra

Garrucio

Lee

Bozanic

Haring

Cochrane

Morrison

Ikpeazu

MacLean

(Not including subs, etc like Mulraney, MacDonald, Wighton).

Unless I've made a mistake that a solid starting 11. Now to bring in a proper full back, winger and forward...(Hopefully Naismith will stay).

We will need to be extending Souttar's contract to have him with us next season or risk missing out completely on a significant transfer fee. If he won't sign I'd think it a certainty he'll be getting punted in the summer. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• sairyinthat

• EastSideJambo

• magicTs

3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

We will need to be extending Souttar's contract to have him with us next season or risk missing out completely on a significant transfer fee. If he won't sign I'd think it a certainty he'll be getting punted in the summer. 

I think you are spot on there. 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Good group of players...but

1. Why would GMS come to hearts when Aberdeen will be able to offer him more?

2. Jordan jones is playing for the team at the top of the league...why also would he want to come here?

I think it’s more important to pick out players that would actually want to play for hearts than just the best players in our opposing teams

but we’d be some force with all the above quoted though!

I’m just saying we should consider approaching them - I doubt we’ll see GMS at hearts as someone with more money will sign him up as you say - but then again who’d have thought we’d see Naismith or Berra here before the deals came about?

RE the Jones point - we’re a bigger club than Killie with a bigger budget, they wont win the league and I still would expect us to go back above them by seasons end despite their amazing form. Unless someone bigger than us comes in then surely we’d look pretty attractive to a young player looking to move up a gear.

Not sure on Sam Nicholson’s situation in the states but if he was available I would bring him back, towards the end of his time here he didn’t look interested but if he wanted back to Scotland and had a point to prove again he would be worth it IMO, loved him in his early days but fell away in the last year or so, we need someone direct and with an eye for goal and he offers both. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I’m just saying we should consider approaching them - I doubt we’ll see GMS at hearts as someone with more money will sign him up as you say - but then again who’d have thought we’d see Naismith or Berra here before the deals came about?

RE the Jones point - we’re a bigger club than Killie with a bigger budget, they wont win the league and I still would expect us to go back above them by seasons end despite their amazing form. Unless someone bigger than us comes in then surely we’d look pretty attractive to a young player looking to move up a gear.

Either one f those guys would need to be out of contract and would be likely to go down to the championship if they were. It would be guys in their 30s like Berra and Naisy were more likely to get.

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Good group of players...but

1. Why would GMS come to hearts when Aberdeen will be able to offer him more?

2. Jordan jones is playing for the team at the top of the league...why also would he want to come here?

I think it’s more important to pick out players that would actually want to play for hearts than just the best players in our opposing teams

but we’d be some force with all the above quoted though!

I dont think either will come here but dont agree with your logic. 

Why are aberdeen able to offer him more? Theyve 50m to find. 

And killie a a small club payinh small wages. They will lose players if clubs come in and offer more money.. Its that simple. They are on a great run but having seen them twice they aren't winning the league lets be realistic. They were lucky against us second time around and barring horrific injuries snd dodgy refs theyd be below us

EastSideJambo
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

And killie a a small club payinh small wages. They will lose players if clubs come in and offer more money.. Its that simple. They are on a great run but having seen them twice they aren't winning the league lets be realistic. They were lucky against us second time around and barring horrific injuries snd dodgy refs theyd be below us

We didn't have a shot on target against Rangers in the entire 2nd half. At home! That included a good proportion of that period against 10 

Point to injuries and refs all you like but the reality of our current predicament runs much deeper than that.  Of course it's easier to attribute it to "horrific injuries and refs" 

7 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

We didn't have a shot on target against Rangers in the entire 2nd half. At home! That included a good proportion of that period against 10 

Point to injuries and refs all you like but the reality of our current predicament runs much deeper than that.  Of course it's easier to attribute it to "horrific injuries and refs" 

I thought this was about pre-contract players!

Steven Naismith 

Glen Kamara

GMS

Graeme Shinnie 

Scott Allan 

Craig Halkett 

Jordan Jones

Greg Stewart

Chris Cadden 

Lee Wallace 

A couple/ a few of the above would be fantastic. However, in order to afford them we’d probably have to sell an asset, e.g John Souttar. His contract situation is becoming a worry now. 

Also need to get Djoum and Smith a contract extension each.

26 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

easier than what?

18 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Steven Naismith 

Glen Kamara

GMS

Graeme Shinnie 

Scott Allan 

Craig Halkett 

Jordan Jones

Greg Stewart

Chris Cadden 

Lee Wallace 

A couple/ a few of the above would be fantastic. However, in order to afford them we’d probably have to sell an asset, e.g John Souttar. His contract situation is becoming a worry now. 

:cornette:

Play alot of football manager?

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, magicTs said:

I don't think we will have any problems when dealing with John Souttar and extending his contract. I've been reading through this thread and the one player I really like and has been quoted two or three times is Kamara, at Dundee. I think he would be a really good addition to our squad. Once Vanecek arrives that will put our striking options back up to three. However, given the injuries to both Naismith and Ikpeazu did show how limited we then became up front a further striker option would be a bonus, but not someone who we hope will succeed a few years down the line. We have to deal with the here and now and get someone in who can operate immediately, if needed to do so.

Naismith on pre would be my priority before Sevco get involved.

sort out Souttar and Uche on longer deals.

I don’t get the urgency for another LB...Garuccio is decent...not sure why Levein isn’t playing him.

Smith worth an extension.

Extend Dunne is possible. 

I’m more concerned with keeping the better players we have rather than adding too much.

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Was it not about horrific injuries and dodgy refs?!?!?

Good to know you're keeping an eye on me Al 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He'll usually find a way to spin it around.

Not trolling, though.

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

:cornette:

Play alot of football manager?

Was just naming the better players who play in our division who are available on a pre contract? 

Absolute Scenes
6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

11 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Both good points lads! Maybe me just being pessimistic. What I do find amazing is how many of our competitors do find the thought of playing for us a massive step, like when Cadden said he was flattered we were interested.

i honestly do think we are seeing levein changing things for the better

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think we will have any problems when dealing with John Souttar and extending his contract. I've been reading through this thread and the one player I really like and has been quoted two or three times is Kamara, at Dundee. I think he would be a really good addition to our squad. Once Vanecek arrives that will put our striking options back up to three. However, given the injuries to both Naismith and Ikpeazu did show how limited we then became up front a further striker option would be a bonus, but not someone who we hope will succeed a few years down the line. We have to deal with the here and now and get someone in who can operate immediately, if needed to do so.

What makes you think that about Souttar? Going to be a big decision coming for him given the sort of money he could quite easily get down south if he were to move on a free transfer. If he signs we will have an asset that can be moved for significant money in due course but he’s going to want to be paid a big salary in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Was just naming the better players who play in our division who are available on a pre contract? 

What's the fascination with Wallace on here?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 hours ago, magicTs said:

What makes you think that about Souttar? Going to be a big decision coming for him given the sort of money he could quite easily get down south if he were to move on a free transfer. If he signs we will have an asset that can be moved for significant money in due course but he’s going to want to be paid a big salary in the meantime.

When's his contract run out?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

May 2020. 

Ta. There's no immediate pressure to worry about losing him on pre-contract then.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Ta. There's no immediate pressure to worry about losing him on pre-contract then.

If by the summer he isn't going to sign an extension then his value is going to to depreciate. Hopefully we can get something on the table that will be structured in such a way to make it attractive for him. Don't want a Paterson situation. 

rudi must stay
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scott Allan on loan in January would be good

No chance at all of that from Celtic

12 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Steven Naismith - yes

Glen Kamara - wouldn't sign him if Djoum stayed

GMS - think he'd turn us down

Graeme Shinnie - as above

Scott Allan - not sure I would take Allan. Centre mid is the least of our worries IMO

Craig Halkett - shrewd shout. Yes I would certainly make him an offer

Jordan Jones - no chance

Greg Stewart - definatly. Versatile too and a switched on player who would fit into our best 11 well

Chris Cadden - definatly. Really like his set pieces

Lee Wallace - a few final years at where it all started for him. A good story, and with his experience he'd be an excellent signing. 

rudi must stay
On 07/12/2018 at 17:48, OTT said:

Pre contracts I'd look at:

Chris Cadden (development fee) - RM/ RWB

Steven Naismith - CAM/ ST

Darren Fletcher - CM

Ryan McGowan - CB/ RB

Olly lees wee brother - ST

I think we need an attacking mid too?

Lee Wallace for LB?

I did feel Olly Lee hinted about his brother alot in his Q&A. Wouldnt be suprised

14 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

I don't get the point you are making at all In all honesty  

I,like you, certainly think CL Has imperfections when it comes to football management but the bottom line is that he has proved that he can get us to the top of the league and get us playing an exciting brand of football therefore I don't understand posts or points made like this by you or anyone else when the facts and what he has already proved he can do with the team are far more meaningful that anyone's perspective or conjecture, you me and everyone else included 

yes we have fell away recently but as per ur post if the reasons are much deeper than referee decisions and key players missing from our side then how did he manage to get us riding high at the top of the league not that long ago - was this just luck? This is a key point 

The demons that are dragging us down - please explain but be mindful that it would be good to also get your understanding of why the very same person got us to the top in the first place otherwise the explanation won't make sense 

not having a go at u - serious point?

13 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Was it not about horrific injuries and dodgy refs?!?!?

Good to know you're keeping an eye on me Al 

I couldn't give a hoot about you.

I think you need to look at the thread title before you start spouting your crap.

21 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Steven Naismith 

Glen Kamara

GMS

Graeme Shinnie 

Scott Allan 

Craig Halkett 

Jordan Jones

Greg Stewart

Chris Cadden 

Lee Wallace 

Stewart(fee agreed) and Jones signing for the rangers.

Getting Naismith signed for longer before the Blue bigots get in there, would be a great bit of business. Then  a decent LB, no idea who but someone who can play it out from the back without aimlessly punting it forward, plus if we could get Kamara from Dundee we would have a lot more of an attacking threat.  

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, drumie jambo said:

Stewart(fee agreed) and Jones signing for the rangers.

Straight from the bears den that info.

It should have been ten
23 hours ago, cb1874 said:

Naismith on pre would be my priority before Sevco get involved.

sort out Souttar and Uche on longer deals.

I don’t get the urgency for another LB...Garuccio is decent...not sure why Levein isn’t playing him.

Smith worth an extension.

Extend Dunne is possible. 

I’m more concerned with keeping the better players we have rather than adding too much.

This x 100 

On 07/12/2018 at 17:34, sairyinthat said:

Excluding Vanacek there will be at least another couple coming in.imo no chance we will be gambling our two main strikers wont break down again leaving us in the shit.

When Vanacek arrives that will be 3 strong strikers who have been missed.  Bring Keena back from loan and we have five strikers including MacLean.

I think wide players may be a better priority.

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

When Vanacek arrives that will be 3 strong strikers who have been missed.  Bring Keena back from loan and we have five strikers including MacLean.

I think wide players may be a better priority.

And I think Finishers who can slot in immediately should Uche or Naismith be out for any reason will be a priority bearing in mind the almost instant effect of their absence,we have seen their capabilities with our own eyes we have not with Vanacek.However we will see.

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

And I think Finishers who can slot in immediately should Uche or Naismith be out for any reason will be a priority bearing in mind the almost instant effect of their absence,we have seen their capabilities with our own eyes we have not with Vanacek.However we will see.

We'll have Vanecek next month in addition to Naismith and Uche.  Getting in any more strikers firstly would depend on our budget but more importantly, would any half decent striker want to come here to play second fiddle and only come in when Uche/ Vanecek/Naismith is/are out?

On 08/12/2018 at 00:55, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think a lot of people badly underestimate the prestige and priviledge of playing for Hearts. 

This. Good wage, good stadium, top notch facilities and one of the nicest cities with a high quality of life in Europe. 

Bar the OF, we’re top of the queue in Scotland

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We'll have Vanecek next month in addition to Naismith and Uche.  Getting in any more strikers firstly would depend on our budget but more importantly, would any half decent striker want to come here to play second fiddle and only come in when Uche/ Vanecek/Naismith is/are out?

And if Vanacek like Clare turns out to be froth with little body? And God forbid Naismith gets a bad yin + Uche recovery drags into March onwards? Budget would have to be adjusted but I don't believe we are strapped for cash and players will come and try to make themselves top dog in whatever position.imo

54 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

And if Vanacek like Clare turns out to be froth with little body? And God forbid Naismith gets a bad yin + Uche recovery drags into March onwards? Budget would have to be adjusted but I don't believe we are strapped for cash and players will come and try to make themselves top dog in whatever position.imo

Agreed but could that not also apply with any other strikers we take on.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Budget would have to be adjusted"..

Would like to see us bring in Graham Carey.  Looks like he has done well down south and would add some left sided creativity.  Decent goal threat too.