Agentjambo

32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Agreed but could that not also apply with any other strikers we take on.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Budget would have to be adjusted"..

By adjusted means it is not absolutely imperative some of the funds intended for finishing some the stadium projects could not be relocated should it prove necessary,although we probably have enough washing around.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• sairyinthat

• EastSideJambo

• magicTs

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

By adjusted means it is not absolutely imperative some of the funds intended for finishing some the stadium projects could not be relocated should it prove necessary,although we probably have enough washing around.

I would guess AB would like the stand finished asap to maximise our revenue from it rather than acquire another striker who may or may not play, depending on whether Naisy/Uche/Vanecek are fit

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I would guess AB would like the stand finished asap to maximise our revenue from it rather than acquire another striker who may or may not play, depending on whether Naisy/Uche/Vanecek are fit

Possibly but I would rather the belt and braces approach thank you.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are probably correct however I am not sure that AB has completely made up her mind about what she wants to do with the development areas yet.

1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

Possibly but I would rather the belt and braces approach thank you.

Even if we drop back into debt?

Or is that now a distant memory?

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Even if we drop back into debt?

Or is that now a distant memory?

What gives you the impression debt of any description is on the horizon?Baffling that is this meant as some kind of scare tactic or what.

17 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

What gives you the impression debt of any description is on the horizon?Baffling that is this meant as some kind of scare tactic or what.

Well if we start overloading for every position that will surely be the outcome.  It's not meant as a scare tactic, more a reality check.

As it happens I reckon AB and CL have done a wonderful job on the whole and if there is any money left she should send CL on a fortune telling course so he can predict who is going to be injured, so enabling him to prioritise his signings better.

59 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well if we start overloading for every position that will surely be the outcome.  It's not meant as a scare tactic, more a reality check.

As it happens I reckon AB and CL have done a wonderful job on the whole and if there is any money left she should send CL on a fortune telling course so he can predict who is going to be injured, so enabling him to prioritise his signings better.

I give up you have totally turned my view on fallback strikers on it's head and I am not playing fall guy to your imagination.

I cannot see what your problem is.  You said we need another fall back striker and I'm sayng that whatever money we have may have been designated for other priorities.  If we get another striker he'll probably have to sit on the bench when Naisy, Uche and Vanecek are all fit and probably so also will one of the latter two as we won't play with 3 out-and-out strikers.

26 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We need a good right back now. 

left back maybe but at RB we have Smith, Brandon and Godinho, Not our weakest position

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Not really a pre-contract but Eamonn Brophy Of Kilmarnock would be good been a big fan of him since he was at Hamilton would compliment the likes of Naismith, & Maclean very well knows the league currently on 7 goals in 10 games very good record.

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I cannot see what your problem is.  You said we need another fall back striker and I'm sayng that whatever money we have may have been designated for other priorities.  If we get another striker he'll probably have to sit on the bench when Naisy, Uche and Vanecek are all fit and probably so also will one of the latter two as we won't play with 3 out-and-out strikers.

Having the 4 strikers including Maclean is enough ... wighton is and was brought in to be a development option in the background and fall back .. don't think wighton can be judged too much at the moment as he was brought in as a hot prospect but the demands placed on him to come in and have an immediate impact and due to our injuries I believe has had a an adverse impact 

having more strikers means potential unrest at lack of playing time meaning Less team unity in the squad .. the addition of vanacek and the safe return of uche and naisy along with Maclean will allow for some rotation and to rest players where short term injuries may come into play next year - simple as that 

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Think Cadden is a nap, CL already been in twice for him and he seemed interested in the summer.

Will be quite a big development fee 

Should try and get some new contracts dished out before any incomings. 

Souttar, Djoum, Smith all new contracts then press ahead with getting Naisy on a pre. I’d also get Haring + Uche a few more years extension. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Having the 4 strikers including Maclean is enough ... wighton is and was brought in to be a development option in the background and fall back .. don't think additional can be judged too much at the moment as he was brought in as a hot prospect but the demands placed on him to come in and have an immediate impact and due to our injuries I believe has had a an adverse impact 

having more strikers means potential unrest at lack of playing time meaning Less team unity in the squad .. the addition of vanacek and the safe return of uche and naisy along with Maclean will allow for some rotation and to rest players where short term injuries may come into play next year - simple as that 

Ignoring the additional cost, this is an important point - striking a balance between covering every eventuality and keeping a happy squad.

53 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Should try and get some new contracts dished out before any incomings. 

Souttar, Djoum, Smith all new contracts then press ahead with getting Naisy on a pre. I’d also get Haring + Uche a few more years extension. 

Souttar has a contract until 31 May 2020. CL has put discussions about new deals and extensions on hold apparently.

16 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Smith better in a  back  3.

If we play a back three, Godinho & Brandon are pretty much tailor made for the RWB role, Morrison could possibly cover here. Also saw on Killies forum we are in for Cadden on a pre-contract (although there is apparently MLS interest so pinch of salt).

Development fee could be a kick in the balls with Cadden, hopefully we can sort something out to reduce it.

Edited by OTT

53 minutes ago, OTT said:

If we play a back three, Godinho & Brandon are pretty much tailor made for the RWB role, Morrison could possibly cover here. Also saw on Killies forum we are in for Cadden on a pre-contract (although there is apparently MLS interest so pinch of salt).

Development fee could be a kick in the balls with Cadden, hopefully we can sort something out to reduce it.

Let them keep Sammon!!!

On 10/12/2018 at 11:29, wavydavy said:

Souttar has a contract until 31 May 2020. CL has put discussions about new deals and extensions on hold apparently.

That’s where we have made mistakes previously. Need to get him a new deal now before it’s around this time next year when he can sign with another team 

37 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

That’s where we have made mistakes previously. Need to get him a new deal now before it’s around this time next year when he can sign with another team 

I would agree with this.  CL mentioned about a year ago Souttar would be good enough for the EPL last summer. Valuation plummets for a players in the last year of contract especially when no new deal has been agreed.  Look at Walker Sam and Patz. 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:32, Famous 1874 said:

Will be quite a big development fee 

Just like we paid for JS from Utd ?

If theres a will, there is a way ?

On 07/12/2018 at 21:42, Absolute Scenes said:

Good group of players...but

1. Why would GMS come to hearts when Aberdeen will be able to offer him more?

2. Jordan jones is playing for the team at the top of the league...why also would he want to come here?

I think it’s more important to pick out players that would actually want to play for hearts than just the best players in our opposing teams

but we’d be some force with all the above quoted though!

Rumours on Twitter Jordan Jones to Rangers,deal almost done.

Halkett would be a good signing but would probably need to spend money to get him in Jan.

Quite like the idea of Allan coming to us but can’t really see it. Hope he doesn’t go to hibs.

5 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

Halkett would be a good signing but would probably need to spend money to get him in Jan.

Quite like the idea of Allan coming to us but can’t really see it. Hope he doesn’t go to hibs.

I’ve a funny feeling Scott Allan would be absolute dug meat if he played for Hearts - just like he has been everywhere but Hibs since he left DUFC. 

Edited by RDSK