Youth

Bongo 1874

Hearts are in Scottish FA Youth Cup action this evening when they host Hibs.

The fourth-round clash between the clubs' U18 sides takes place on the indoor pitch at Oriam, with a 7.15pm kick off.

Entry to the match is free but those attending will be issued with a ticket at the door, and entry is on a first come, first served basis.

Supporters should note that the seating deck will not be accessible until 7pm.

Parking at Heriot Watt University is extremely limited therefore supporters are encouraged to make use of public transport where possible.

Mackenzie Ramos!!

what a name! He’s going to turn out amazing! Basing that dokey on his name.

Edit - beaten to it by Zaba!!

Edited by jambo89

haveyouheard 22

Hearts will play there full team the night its the only way we will beat Hibs youth well thats according to sisterfisters site 

Mon the famous

17 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Hearts will play there full team the night its the only way we will beat Hibs youth well thats according to sisterfisters site 

Mon the famous

The thickest group of supporters in Europe. A combined IQ of wibble.

Is that Josh Grigor on the bench that signed a pro deal with us in the summer?

Heard he left hearts after a fall out with Rankin but didn't know he went to hibs 

haveyouheard 22

I pop on now and then for a giggle it never fails

Yesterday there was one deluded gonk saying Lenny has Hibs playing the best football in decades, says a lot that bold statement 

5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Is that Mackie laddie injured or just not getting picked? Guy we wanted a few years ago.

He’s too old for this level.

Was on the bench for their first team at the weekend.

Just now, Zaba said:

He’s too old for this level.

Was on the bench for their first team at the weekend.

Ta. ?

Dean Ritchie misses his and our 2nd penalty (3rd penalty of the game) and the chance to level it. Into the last 7 minutes. 

Out 1-2.

Like the first team can't score goals when required. Better side but guilty of poor finishing. Looks like we are going to wait a bit longer for Robbo's heir.

Edited by magicTs

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Out 1-2.

Like the first team can't score goals when required. Better side but guilty of poor finishing. Looks like we are going to wait a bit longer for Robbo's heir.

Pathetic chat to be honest. 

Pretty young 18s team 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pathetic chat to be honest. 

Pretty young 18s team 

Lol some overreaction that. A game that should have been won but for dire finishing and a missed penalty. And still no signs of a player coming out of our youth system who can score goals at SPL level. Not sure why such offence would be taken to such a view, its been the reality for over 25 years now. 

2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Lol some overreaction that. A game that should have been won but for dire finishing and a missed penalty. And still no signs of a player coming out of our youth system who can score goals at SPL level. Not sure why such offence would be taken to such a view, its been the reality for over 25 years now. 

Its a good point to be honest.

For such a great youth set up, what great players have we actually produced? There aint many. 

Footballfirst

It was two poor teams on show. Neither side was able to retain possession at any point. It was only after Hearts got their goal were they able to put pressure on the Hibs defence. I've seen Hearts play much better at that level but there were too many players wanting an extra touch before making a pass or (not) having a shot.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Its a good point to be honest.

For such a great youth set up, what great players have we actually produced? There aint many. 

We have brought through quite a number of defensive players who have had successful professional careers (Naismith, Ritchie, Wallace, Berra, Paterson off the top of my head) and of course Gordon in the sticks but we have definitely struggled over the last couple of decades to bring through many attacking players that have done anything of note. Allan Johnston? He made his debut in 1990! Before him Scott Crabbe? (debut 1986!). I mean really after those two who would we be talking about; the likes of Kevin Thomas, Andy Kirk, Callum Elliott, scraping the barrel to say the least. 

Thought Leeroy Makovora was really good tonight hearts were by far the better team could've been an easy win if we took our chances I think it's jay number 18 looks promising too can deliver a great ball cammy logan is a steady right back also Hamilton didn't have his best game tonight but never gave up and kept trying the future is maaron Gorgie rules.

6 hours ago, magicTs said:

Out 1-2.

Have a night off ffs :rofl:

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It was two poor teams on show. Neither side was able to retain possession at any point. It was only after Hearts got their goal were they able to put pressure on the Hibs defence. I've seen Hearts play much better at that level but there were too many players wanting an extra touch before making a pass or (not) having a shot.

Disappointing.  A real test and they didnt stand up to it.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Have a night off ffs :rofl:

Something else factual rattled your jimmies Franco. Lovely. Just lovely. 

4 hours ago, magicTs said:

Admits trolling!

:wow:

5 hours ago, magicTs said:

Well done for managing to refrain from mocking the disabled in your reply this time ??

40 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Do we even try to scout strikers at age groups?

We had Olly Shaw who has played a reasonable amount at hibs and we had Jamie Gullan, who is also starting to breakthrough at hibs.

Just now, buzzbomb said:

We had Olly Shaw who has played a reasonable amount at hibs and we had Jamie Gullan, who is also starting to breakthrough at hibs.

yep and we had "Cumdog" too...Why can't we hold onto strikers? Is there something wrong with the way we play at youth level? Lone striker perhaps ?which if we'd done so 34 years ago would've stifled Robbo's development?

I know Gullan left Hearts because he didn't enjoy the setup, and found Hibs setup more to his liking, but it was also at the time when we were a bit of a mess.

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Shaw has gone backwards 

Be at Dunfermiline soon

jamboinglasgow
47 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Do we even try to scout strikers at age groups?

Reminds me of a discussion I was having with a friend when he asked me to name a prolific striker that has come out of a youth set up of Premiership or premier league club in recent years. We were both finding it really hard. So suggests the issue with youth strikers is wider than just Hearts.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

yep and we had "Cumdog" too...Why can't we hold onto strikers? Is there something wrong with the way we play at youth level? Lone striker perhaps ?which if we'd done so 34 years ago would've stifled Robbo's development?

I know Gullan left Hearts because he didn't enjoy the setup, and found Hibs setup more to his liking, but it was also at the time when we were a bit of a mess.

Jamie left Hearts because Hearts didn't fancy him.

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

Jamie left Hearts because Hearts didn't fancy him.

That's not what his sister, Laura, told me.

Edited by Spellczech

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shaw has gone backwards 

Be at Dunfermiline soon

That may or not be the case, but you could say at least he's got near the first team. Think Callum Elliott was probably our last.

Just now, Spellczech said:

That's not what his sister told me.

Jamie would've been at hearts if they'd wanted him. He wouldn't have been able to just leave and go and sample hibs. There would have been a development fee etc.

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

That may or not be the case, but you could say at least he's got near the first team. Think Callum Elliott was probably our last.

I think you have to sign young players not just rely on an academy. We have Keena as our main current prospect. 

Messi has a lot to answer for perhaps in what youngsters aspire to.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think you have to sign young players not just rely on an academy. We have Keena as our main current prospect. 

Messi has a lot to answer for perhaps in what youngsters aspire to.

No disagreement on that, but not convinced we've been that successful at that either. Keena, time will tell.

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

No disagreement on that, but not convinced we've been that successful at that either. Keena, time will tell.

Yes agree.

We need to attract/ sign better young players.

Just Kenna and Bobby Burns just now I think plus Silva the keeper.

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Jamie would've been at hearts if they'd wanted him. He wouldn't have been able to just leave and go and sample hibs. There would have been a development fee etc.

True people seldom say they lost a job, preferring to say they quit, but the way she said he was desperately unhappy at Hearts even though he was a Hearts fan sounded genuine enough.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

True people seldom say they lost a job, preferring to say they quit, but the way she said he was desperately unhappy at Hearts even though he was a Hearts fan sounded genuine enough.

Yeah, he probably was. At the stage where you're basically being rejected. He's done well since tho. Came back and scored a hat-trick vs Hearts at 17s level the season after, albeit a young hearts team.

7 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Yeah, he probably was. At the stage where you're basically being rejected. He's done well since tho. Came back and scored a hat-trick vs Hearts at 17s level the season after, albeit a young hearts team.

I actually find it more troubling, the idea that Hearts are continually letting talent slip through their fingers, than failing to find it in the first place...That implies that the scouts are doing great and so are the junior coaches but the senior youth coaches are crap!