*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Motherwell thread ***

copa-mundial

EastSideJambo
15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Be quite happy with a win of any sorts tomorrow. Then on to Livingston next Friday, another game we could win . Taking full points from these two games will keep us very close to the top of the table.

Anything less than 6 points from the next 2 games would be disappointing tbh 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Bridge of Djoum

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, robjam said:

cant see us losing this one, Mclean due a goal or two so think it will be 3-1. c'mon the heartz

robjam I wish it were that simple, I fear McLean's "owed" column will have a couple more added tomorrow. At least a couple of goals are starting to come from elsewhere. Clare is starting to look like he might burst into life at any time.  A very nervy 2-1 home win.

6 hours ago, RDSK said:

Anyone know if Garrucio is injured? Not even on the bench in the last two games.

I've no idea if he's injured or not, but I doubt very much that many managers would use two of the six outfield sub places for fullbacks. If, as has been happening recently, Mitchell is picked as the starting left back, Garuccio is only likely to get a place on the bench if he can cover more than just the left back position, if it's felt that either Smith or Godinho could switch to, or come on at, left back during game if required. 

We'll get a penalty early doors. Miss it. 

Their goalie to come up for a corner at 0-0 in the 92nd minute, Berra, from within our 6 yard box, will clear with a majestic header that trickles in to their untended goal.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Uncle Mulk said:

We'll get a penalty early doors. Miss it. 

Their goalie to come up for a corner at 0-0 in the 92nd minute, Berra, from within our 6 yard box, will clear with a majestic header that trickles in to their untended goal.

More chance of that, than this-

8 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Goals all over the place. A twitchy 3-2. Wighton with one of them (deflected).

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

If Mitchell starts at left back and it turns out that Garuccio is fit then I'll be giving up hope.

It might turn out to be wishful thinking, but I've a sneaking suspicion that now that Berra is back, Mitchell will start to find form again. I think having Berra beside him giving him guidance during games last season helped him immensely, and I think it will do again. For all that Jimmy Dunne has been brilliant for us (and he looks like he has everything required to go on, in time, to a higher level than Berra ever reached), he's understandably not yet ready to provide that coaching on the field that Mitchell obviously needs (and people need to remember that Mitchell is still a young and very inexperienced player).

3-0 win. Mitchell in the first half and a late double from Wighton to give us all hope. 

Motherwell are struggling for natural width and played 4 CMs Vs Celtic, I wouldn't be too worried with Mitchell at LB for this one.

Hope to see Clare show everyone why we brought him in. Feel like Collum is going to **** us again. 

At this rate i'd take the ball bobbling into the net. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Remember folks, irrespective of the outcome, certain people will tell you the result would have been better without Craig Levein.

:rolleyes:

Time to kick this winless streak. We have better players than them(minus striker), its at tynie. We’re due some amount of luck now after the last 2 months. We NEED this win.

2-0 to the famous HMFC

6 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Be quite happy with a win of any sorts tomorrow. Then on to Livingston next Friday, another game we could win . Taking full points from these two games will keep us very close to the top of the table.

Exciting prospect.  Tear in Hearts.  Take your chances.

3-1

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Remember folks, irrespective of the outcome, certain people will tell you the result would have been better without Craig Levein.

:rolleyes:

Irrespective of the manager Hearts should be thumping pub teams like Motherwell at Tynecastle. 

9 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Irrespective of the manager Hearts should be thumping pub teams like Motherwell at Tynecastle. 

A better manager would have the team fired up, to do exactly that.

south morocco
51 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Eh? Such as. Weird statement.

I sometimes feel getting that first win after a poor run always comes with a nervy edge to it.

It never seems convincing.  

2-0 with a late sealer after being under pressure for a spell, or a 2-1 in similar circumstances.  

Hopefully im completely wrong and we play confidently on our way to a convincing performance and victory.  

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I sometimes feel getting that first win after a poor run always comes with a nervy edge to it.

2-0 with a late sealer after being under pressure for a spell, or a 2-1 in similar circumstances.  

Hopefully im completely wrong and we play confidently on our way to a convincing performance and victory.  

The first win after a poor run with a nervy edge to it was Wednesday before Dallas conned us.

We'll pump the Ravenscraig eleven today.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The first win after a poor run with a nervy edge to it was Wednesday before Dallas conned us.

We'll pump the Ravenscraig eleven today.

Probably right. 

Getting a couple of goals midweek would’ve helped the confidence. 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Well this is new. Having a pop at the manager for not having the team fired up before the game has even kicked off 

The Goalscoring Knee
37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:
12 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Anything less than 6 points from the next 2 games would be disappointing tbh 

Wonders will never cease but I agree.

Hate to point out that Livvy have only lost once at home all season in the league, only conceded two goals in eight games and have kept three clean sheets on the bounce. Maybe 4pts from the next two games wouldn't be too disappointing.

14 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Donnely and Cadden out for them. Late fitness test for others. They dont have a big squad....3-1 for us.....!

To be fair it shouldn't matter who is in their squad. They are Motherwell we are Heart of Midlothian.  Provincial teams such as Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Livingston et al should fear coming to Tynecastle. A poor Rangers team put 7 past them at Ibroke, we should be looking to inflict a similar defeat irrespective of our injuries or poor form.

Edited by Class of 75

On 07/12/2018 at 09:50, Mort said:

IMO we have looked our best this season with 3 at the back.

Now that Berra is back please can we go to Smith, Dikamona, Berra. Wingbacks of Mitchell and Morrison.

Which games have we played 3 at the back in?

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Well this is new. Having a pop at the manager for not having the team fired up before the game has even kicked off 

He's doing a fantastic job ?

23 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This is not new on here. 

pettigrewsstylist

Head say 1-1 snore draw. Hearts says 2-1 with lift from scoring 2 midweek and competing in last 2 games. Crowd will play a part, particuarly during sticky moments. Drop Wighton, playing Bozanic who is chomping at the bit to impress.

15 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

To be fair it shouldn't matter who is in their squad. They are Motherwell we are Heart of Midlothian.  Provincial teams such as Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Livingston et al should fear coming to Tynecastle. A poor Rangers team put 7 past them at Ibroke, we should be looking to inflict a similar defeat irrespective of our injuries or poor form.

What a load of nonsense! I’m sure they’re not coming here thinking it’s an easy 3 points, rather they know it should be a tough game. They are a strong stuffy team who will try to frustrate us.

Please, please Craig, lets see Garuccio and Mitchell together on the left wing.

Captain Sausage

Can’t see anything but a win for us. Motherwell struggling like us with injuries and played out one hell of a game with Celtic on Wednesday. 

We've got better depth and I can’t see any dodgy decisions going against us today as there’ll be a fair bit of attention on Collum, who has improved recently to be fair. 

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I treat Wednesday as that nervy win.

Thats what Levein should be telling the players.