*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Motherwell thread ***

copa-mundial

Half time heroes was good. One of the laddies was amazing. He's obviously been coached well.....probably by that really handsome looking coach.......

:kirk:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Bridge of Djoum

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

1 win in 8, like I said, fantastic stuff.

So 0 wins in 7 prior? What more could you ask for with today’s result but a win.

surely better than being 0 for 8 after today.

8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Tedious. Very tedious.

I'm afraid you'll find there's a few posters on here now who used to be a bit of a laugh and could debate properly, are now on a crusade constantly to defend the management at every turn.

Its as tedious as the posters who constantly berate the management. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

the second one is Livi away - a team who have had the following results at home

Hibs W 2-1

Celtic D 0-0

Kilmarnock D 0-0

Rangers W 1-0

In their 8 home games Livingston's only loss was to St Johnstone (0-1). 

Edited by magicTs

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I'm afraid you'll find there's a few posters on here now who used to be a bit of a laugh and could debate properly, are now on a crusade constantly to defend the management at every turn.

So you agree witn Shaun Lawson that our manager is a craven, broken, terrified shitbag who is ten years past it?

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I take your point. It will be tough but hopefully we can do the job.

Hopefully i want 4points minimum between Livi and Aberdeen away and that sets us up for Hamilton on Boxing Day then the Derby. 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

The other team were crap. Very crap. It was painful viewing for a lot of that. But that's often the way of it when a team has been on a poor run, as we were coming into this.

Way back in 02/3, after a remarkable start, Hearts seemed to be in trouble. A humping at Tynie by Rangers wasn't great; a collapse at Motherwell was bloody alarming. We had injuries, the squad looked very shallow, many of us had started looking down the table, not up it.

But then we ground out two enormously important, but hideously ugly home wins. Not much football at all - but the problems had suddenly passed, and we headed into Xmas back on our feet and playing well again: really well at Parkhead and Dens. And suddenly, we were the team to beat for 3rd... which we ended up sealing pretty comfortably.

That season was Levein at his best. He has a way of grinding out results - a 'B' game, if you like - which keeps his teams in contention. So hopefully we can push on now, just as we did back then. 

Shaun if you knew much about Motherwell you would know that they played as they normally do today. They were not crap. They just generally aren’t that good. They made it a battle and we were equal to it today in a game that was tough to watch they had a few chances but I didnt feel they really troubled us. Thats a team that have beaten Aberdeen 3-0 and drawn with Celtic recently and are fighting for everything. 

As I said when your confidence is low and your 1-0 up its a hard battle to the finish line and the nerves , composure , fear , belief is difficult to overcome. Bottom line we got there. It is strange seeing you almost sticking up for Levein considering your ill advised berating and almost belittling of him last season though. Whats changed your mind? 

Trapper John McIntyre
25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We should probably hand a point back for that.     Utter shanner of a game.

Eye bleeeding stuff to watch. Two uninspired teams cancelling each other out. But a wins a win. 

There is a player in Clare and we may well be on the way to seeing it but if Haring got injured before the return of Naismith we would truly be waste deep in the big muddy.

The rots been stopped for the present anyway.

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Shaun if you knew much about Motherwell you would know that they played as they normally do today. They were not crap. They just generally aren’t that good. They made it a battle and we were equal to it today in a game that was tough to watch they had a few chances but I didnt feel they really troubled us. Thats a team that have beaten Aberdeen 3-0 and drawn with Celtic recently and are fighting for everything. 

As I said when your confidence is low and your 1-0 up its a hard battle to the finish line and the nerves , composure , fear , belief is difficult to overcome. Bottom line we got there. It is strange seeing you almost sticking up for Levein considering your ill advised berating and almost belittling of him last season though. Whats changed your mind? 

:spoton:

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

My view of our medium term prospects changed with the end of season derby last season - and I posted as much too (thereby incurring ridicule from those who think it's more important to maintain a fixed position on an internet forum). That was Hibs' big chance - and not only did they completely screw it up, but we made them screw it up. Look at the consequences for them and us since.

Summer recruitment was excellent too - so suddenly, things had really turned for us. I have no major issues with Levein at all now. That others highlight that he's never won anything (and hence, is unlikely to win anything with us) is also fair enough - because they're passionate Hearts fans who want the best. And are more than entitled to highlight a dreadful game today, in which neither side were any good, but in which we got three points and a clean sheet, and they got nothing.

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

My view of our medium term prospects changed with the end of season derby last season - and I posted as much too (thereby incurring ridicule from those who think it's more important to maintain a fixed position on an internet forum). That was Hibs' big chance - and not only did they completely screw it up, but we made them screw it up. Look at the consequences for them and us since.

Summer recruitment was excellent too - so suddenly, things had really turned for us. I have no major issues with Levein at all now. That others highlight that he's never won anything (and hence, is unlikely to win anything with us) is also fair enough - because they're passionate Hearts fans who want the best. And are more than entitled to highlight a dreadful game today, in which neither side were any good, but in which we got three points and a clean sheet, and they got nothing.

So one game was enough to change your opinion that he was a craven, broken shitebag who was ten years past it?

Talk about flipflopping! :rofl:

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So one game was enough to change your opinion that he was a craven, broken shitebag who was ten years past it?

Talk about flipflopping! :rofl:

Talk about cyber-stalking. :ninja: But then again, you're the chap who pretended that you'd "put me on ignore on the advice of others" - then went straight back to doing your weird bunny-boiler act the very next day!

It's very very strange behaviour. But 'strange' is better than your pathetic response to Debut 4 above. You really, really, really can't handle anyone having a different opinion on anything, can you?

Edited by shaun.lawson

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Collum. What a difference from the previous two arseholes.

When he's good he's actually OK. 

Said that a few times. 

It's when he malfunctions, starts illuciniting, throwing cards about and generally being a complete Bam the problems begin. 

When he does this he tends to do it in style. 

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

That leaves no one left?

Absolutely fantastic result. That would be 7 points in the last three if it weren’t for shan referees and officials.

Where’s the Levein haters the night? 

Livi next Friday, Hamilton at home, Naisy back for Aberdeen then that shite down the road. I think we’ve got a good chance of finishing this year strongly now. We’ll regroup in January and be back to almost full strength with Vanecek coming in. 

Lovely jubbly. 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We should probably hand a point back for that.     Utter shanner of a game.

Yip. 

Last two weeks they've beat Aberdeen 3-0, Aberdeen beat rangers recently. 

Motherwell also drew with Celtic 3 days ago. 

Yet we beat them like that? 

Football, eh? 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Tedious. Very tedious.

Not really. If you spout that sort of horseshit, then you should be prepared to have it quoted back to you. If it upsets you so much, next time don’t attempt a total shanner of an unqualified psychological profile. That would seem to be the best option to me. No?

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not really. If you spout that sort of horseshit, then you should be prepared to have it quoted back to you. If it upsets you so much, next time don’t attempt a total shanner of an unqualified psychological profile. That would seem to be the best option to me. No?

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Funny, I don’t see it like that at all. What I see is posters like the one you quoted talking utter shite like hilarious attempts at psychological profiling, and then whining about being stalked when it its quoted back to them.

I disagree with many of your opinions, and sometimes your posts annoy me, but you don’t get those sort of replies, why? Because you aren’t driving an agenda, and your actually interested in debating things without screeching a pile of horseshit.

There’s a reason why some posters attract the replies they do. Nobody is trying to shout down differing opinions, but some of the absolutely transparent shit that some are coming out with is, to quote one such drama queen himself, tedious.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

giphy.webp

portobellojambo1

Today wasn't particularly silky, but we got the win we needed to stay in contention at the top end of the league. I thought our best player today, by a fair distance, was Michael Smith. Apart from one instance in the 2nd half I thought he looked very comfortable alongside Christophe Berra and used the ball very well. A similar result on Friday evening will be very welcome.

Just happy we won today and stopped the rot .. that's 2 games undefeated now .. by all accounts it was a terrible game but I'll take the win and the build up in confidence to go with it

if we can just get a wee run together .. win ugly to a degree and hang in there then I am certain we will win more than we lose next year 

Taken a good few games to do it but the team has slowly been dragging itself out of its malaise and I am delighted,hopefully we will continue the recovery away to Livvy this Friday.

3 minutes ago, splashdubh said:

Overheard in the Wheatfield today several choruses of "there's only one Willie Collum.."

best ref in Scotland by some distance

56 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Funny, I don’t see it like that at all. What I see is posters like the one you quoted talking utter shite like hilarious attempts at psychological profiling, and then whining about being stalked when it its quoted back to them.

I disagree with many of your opinions, and sometimes your posts annoy me, but you don’t get those sort of replies, why? Because you aren’t driving an agenda, and your actually interested in debating things without screeching a pile of horseshit.

There’s a reason why some posters attract the replies they do. Nobody is trying to shout down differing opinions, but some of the absolutely transparent shit that some are coming out with is, to quote one such drama queen himself, tedious.

Fair enough. 

I know in the middle paragraph you are giving a kind of backhanded compliment but it could be misinterpreted too. The....”you don’t get those sort of replies”...part could read like you think you hold court. A right to dish out criticism without taking it back. 

You aren’t the Mothy from a few years ago ?

::troll::  

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Fair enough. 

I know in the middle paragraph you are giving a kind of backhanded compliment but it could be misinterpreted too. The....”you don’t get those sort of replies”...part could read like you think you hold court. A right to dish out criticism without taking it back. 

You aren’t the Mothy from a few years ago ?

::troll::  

I’m sorry you have taken my post the wrong way. 

Classic mid-December type game. Shite weather and worse game. Good thing is we tried to play some football and succeeded with a couple of excellent moves that led to decent chances. Very good 3 pts, especially after the last few weeks.

Every single season we have a month or so that’s really bad. Hopefully we’ve turned a corner. As someone else said without 2 of the worst ref decisions i’ve ever seen the two previous games we’d be joint top of the league on pts even with our injuries.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Collum. What a difference from the previous two arseholes.

And the linesman (Wheatfield) 

Called Motherwell offside 4 times first half including a very tight one and called the Johnson foul when he hit the net. Was clearly trying hard to get everything right. 

haveyouheard 22

Cant believe the Hearts match thread is on an other page that aside.Some moaning about todays Att, what.Look at Burnley nearly extinct  living the dream butt rarely sell out.I'm old enough to remember thinking 10k at a Hearts Well game was great .We are easily  the best supported club in Scotland outside the stink of the OF.Thats not a bad thing ..FTH and rant over 

5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

When he's good he's actually OK. 

Said that a few times. 

It's when he malfunctions, starts illuciniting, throwing cards about and generally being a complete Bam the problems begin. 

When he does this he tends to do it in style. 

He wasn't on telly today, so didn't try to be the star turn.