O2 Outage

systemx

As an employee of a large Swedish comms company   I assure you I will be putting in about 30 hours OT this weekend to get you back ,sorry. 

Had to laugh when I had a look at the O2 twitter.     Littered with moronic comments along the lines of "sort it out FFS",  "no Internet all day whats happnin no information lol x".

Aye... I think they're trying to sort it out.    What other information do you need?

will-i-am-a-jambo

Thanks, hope you get it sorted. Was wondering why l was trying to make calls this afternoon and they were cutting out/not connecting.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Had to laugh when I had a look at the O2 twitter.     Littered with moronic comments along the lines of "sort it out FFS",  "no Internet all day whats happnin no information lol x".

Aye... I think they're trying to sort it out.    What other information do you need?

If you've ever worked in customer service you'll know that times like these are hell on earth for those involved. Massive queues of angry punters demanding answers you can't give and each one furiously making sure you know the situation is unacceptable.

Strength to your elbows guys

#JeSuisO2CustomerSupport

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Read about a guy who relies on his phone to make a living and will have lost a day’s wages due to the outage. Sympathy for folk like that but a bit like being snowed in, there’s no much you can do.

Folk at work earlier, raging cos they can’t get on fb or twitter. Get a ****in life sad sacks. How about trying to read a book? Naw? Ok.

been here before

Personally I quite enjoyed it today. No texts, calls or messages via WhatsApp. Was just like how I recall the olden days were.

Then there was the bonus of watching the bedwetters crack up as the day passed and the connection stayed down. No Pussbook, Twatter and all the rest of it. Talk of "compensation" abounded. First world pokblems eh?

On the downside Id forgot how much work can be done when the ability to piss about on your phone is removed.

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

I've had no service at all. No calls , no texts, no 4g. No drama when your wife's Ill and you have no emergency contact.  Aye , laugh it up.

Edited by ri Alban

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

This almost made me glad I'd went with Vodafone. Not quite though.

Vodafone.  :rofl:

I'd rather go with the classic string and two cans.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Hmmm. For 6 years I got a better signal with my phone on Vodafone than I did with my phone on O2. Same with EE over the last year.

I believe Vodafone are seriously lacking if you need their customer service but they probably have the best signal out there for most of the country. 

In any case, I'd have been raging if I'd had no signal all day as it would've been costly.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I've had no service at all. No calls , no texts, no 4g. No drama when your wife's Ill and you have no emergency contact.  Aye , laugh it up.

I will thanks.

Why are you so reliant on one single mobile network then?     Sounds like shite planning to me.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I’ve been with Vodafone for about 10 years now and never had any serious problems with them.

I was with Orange (can’t remember what they’re called now) for about 6 months.

That was incredibly fun :sarcasm:

17 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Anybody on giffgaff still unable to send/receive text messages?

All good now, i was not over the door yesterday so never noticed that the data was down.

12 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

All good now, i was not over the door yesterday so never noticed that the data was down.

Okay, cool.  Text exchange with  the missus there and we're both getting 'Failed' (to send) messages but are actually getting the messages.  No biggie as they appear to be getting through but wondering if I need to try something with the settings.  Thought it might be something to do with my antiquated phone S2 but she's having same issues with her S7 or 8, whatever!

16 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Okay, cool.  Text exchange with  the missus there and we're both getting 'Failed' (to send) messages but are actually getting the messages.  No biggie as they appear to be getting through but wondering if I need to try something with the settings.  Thought it might be something to do with my antiquated phone S2 but she's having same issues with her S7 or 8, whatever!

My phones an S3, i would leave the settings.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aw, diddums.

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It was pretty poor. Whilst people do use the phone for a lot more than social media. Businesses lost a lot of money due to how card payments use the network etc.

Whilst irrespective of how you use your phone. People/companies enter into a contract with o2, who has failed to deliver that service for. As such people have every right to be annoyed.

No doubt some people have gone over the top with complaints but every o2 customer is entitled to be a bit miffed that a service they pay for hasn’t been received.

This will cost o2. I imagine they will end up having to compensate customers loss of earnings, inconvienance etc. Whilst o2 value will undoubtably be impacted.

Bad day for o2 and all their customers.

I'd imagine they'll make a goodwill gesture of free service or something but there's zero chance they'll be giving people who pay 50 quid a month a day' s wages for being offline. If people demand a financial settlement it'll be one days worth of the contract, less than 2 quid in most cases IMO

We used to get these claims at tomtom if a device broke down or services went, but at the end of the day it's totally unrealistic to pay 150 quid for something and expect the levels of compensation people want. 

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

My phones an S3, i would leave the settings.

Yahh, it righted itself within an hour.  All good.

itsnomarooned
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'd imagine they'll make a goodwill gesture of free service or something but there's zero chance they'll be giving people who pay 50 quid a month a day' s wages for being offline. If people demand a financial settlement it'll be one days worth of the contract, less than 2 quid in most cases IMO

We used to get these claims at tomtom if a device broke down or services went, but at the end of the day it's totally unrealistic to pay 150 quid for something and expect the levels of compensation people want. 

I've got a text saying I'm getting free data all day tomorrow.

7 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Hmmm. For 6 years I got a better signal with my phone on Vodafone than I did with my phone on O2. Same with EE over the last year.

I believe Vodafone are seriously lacking if you need their customer service but they probably have the best signal out there for most of the country. 

In any case, I'd have been raging if I'd had no signal all day as it would've been costly.

EE has the largest coverage in the UK, with O2 probably just ahead for Scotland. That will likely change soon though as EE is building more 4G masts to meet their requirements to deliver the Emergency Services Network. While they are behind with that project, coverage is increasing.

45 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

I've got a text saying I'm getting free data all day tomorrow.

Seems reasonable, they'll probably offer those who kick off a little more, but the chances of actual money changing hands is pretty slim IMO

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

That should be in a museum.

cost me 120 pounds , too much for a phone, 5 pounds a month though , 200 mins, 500 mb data and unlimited texts

19 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

cost me 120 pounds , too much for a phone, 5 pounds a month though , 200 mins, 500 mb data and unlimited texts

I get my phone's as hand me downs ?

Your right though paying hundreds for a phone is too much. Especially when they break so easy. I had one break in my pocket when I was driving ffs. 

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I get my phone's as hand me downs ?

Your right though paying hundreds for a phone is too much. Especially when they break so easy. I had one break in my pocket when I was driving ffs. 

Easy done, i will have this phone till it breaks down.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

EE has the largest coverage in the UK, with O2 probably just ahead for Scotland. That will likely change soon though as EE is building more 4G masts to meet their requirements to deliver the Emergency Services Network. While they are behind with that project, coverage is increasing.

I can only speak from experience. O2 were shit in the Edinburgh area when I was there and in the 6 years previous to the last they were far outperformed by Vodafone in the London area and out to and as far as Swansea, Bristol, Plymouth, Worcester, Cheltenham....EE perform worse than O2 at and between those locations. 

Edit: my work phone used to be with O2 but is now EE. I use Vodafone with my personal phone and on 22 other "business" phones.

Edited by IronJambo

A minor inconvenience (I wanted to use my ScotRail app to see if my train was running - there’s been a load of cancellations recently) but no biggy.

Just shows how reliant we have become on them and how we expect to be contactable 24/7.  Makes you wonder how resilient the networks - and thus our “lifestyle” - are to those with badness in mind.

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Wife is with Tesco, never noticed the service being down but is getting 2GB free data in Hanuary as an apologie.

Me too.

In January though, by way of an apology.

:wink:

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Wife is with Tesco, never noticed the service being down but is getting 2GB free data in Hanuary as an apologie.

That's a shan apology. If you're on the right plan then an extra 2gb means diddly squat

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

That's a shan apology. If you're on the right plan then an extra 2gb means diddly squat

Aye but for her it's plenty.

Maybe different apologies according to the plan you have.

Edited by graygo

57 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye but for her it's plenty.

Maybe different apologies according to the plan you have.

All I mean is that if you have an allowance of 2gb and you normally use 1.6gb then you're not likely to use 4gb just because you've been given an extra 2gb for free. 

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:24, Herbert said:

That should be in a museum.

Space age technology compared to my better half - she's still using her Nokia 302 with Tesco.

Just got a Samsung S9 on EE.  Excellent mobile and great reception.

5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

All I mean is that if you have an allowance of 2gb and you normally use 1.6gb then you're not likely to use 4gb just because you've been given an extra 2gb for free. 

She tends to stop using her data about a week before the months up because she is getting close to her limit so she probably will make use of it.

I know that probably means she is on the wrong plan to start with but hey ho.