Jump to content
*JKB Christmas Cracker 2018 is underway!* 12 days of prizes. Don't forget to renew your subs if you want to take part... PM admin if you need help. Read more... ×
To Be Frank

Charity bet - Levein vs Clarke - *bet is ON*

Recommended Posts

Kiwidoug
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

 

What don’t you understand? 🤔

In summary, the 1st of March.  Dont know what that's got to do with anything or why it matters what job Clarke has but not levein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

 

 

A Madrid are probably the most defensive team I've watched recently ( relative to team talent) yet they score lots of goals and are effective. 

 

 

 

They're a very good example, yes. Simeone is certainly defensive first and foremost: the best at it in the world. There's nothing to say 'defensive first and foremost' can't be successful; in relative terms, Levein was very successful with this approach in Scotland. But not in England or at international level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier

:rofl:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

In summary, the 1st of March.  Dont know what that's got to do with anything or why it matters what job Clarke has but not levein.

 

Was going on the assumption Levein will definitely behere but there’s a good chance Clarke will have left Killie before the end of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
6 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Please see above where I’ve proven you to be a liar...again. Or would you like to try and move the goal posts...again?

 

Calling our manager a shitebag (more than once), craven, an absolute catastrophe, rabbit in the headlights, broken, old and tired, a decade past it and overwhelmed by fear is a personal attack in anybody’s book. I hadn’t even noticed the King Herod comparison at the time :facepalm:

 

At least be man enough to admit you were wrong and apologise for claiming I’d made it all up 👍🏻

 

Or just trot along pretending it didn’t happen as usual. :rofl:

 

 

A35F1F3E-F1A1-475A-BE31-356F36B6816C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten

Folk thinking Kilmarnock will finish above us this season...

 

 :qqb006:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

If your explaining your losing. 

 

Though this thread has made made me laugh and shake my head on equal basis.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

If your explaining your losing. 

 

 

🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
12 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

There seem to be a number of posters who think we’re going nowhere under Craig Levein while Kilmarnock are destined for greatness under Steve Clarke.

 

Therefore I’m offering up a £100 charity bet to the first person who wants accept it.

 

If Kilmarnock finish above Hearts this season I will donate £100 to Big Hearts.

 

If Hearts finish above Kilmarnock this season whoever takes up the bet will donate £100 to Big Hearts.

 

*Given that this is dependant on Clarke staying at Killie, the bet is only valid if Steve Clarke is still Killie manager on the 1st of March. 

Donations shouldn't be determined on silly bets. Donate to big Hearts anyway whether you win or lose said bet. If you'd like to double it as part of your bet. Fine. £200 if you lose, £100 donated by both participants if you win. £200 to big Hearts. Win win.

 

 

Sorry i won't be taking the bet, because I know we'll finish no lower than 2nd and I'm skint.

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T

What a thread!

 

the Clarke gammy boys have shit the bed!

 

Lawson being called out for JKBs most ridiculous thread and now furiously backtracking despite it being there for all to see!

 

and to to complete the set the ‘Levein pissed in my cornflakes’ tag team has joined in with their curious Style of always appearing in the same threads with the same anti Levein tirades...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VladMagic

Franks money is safe.

 

No one has the kaahoooooonas. 

 

Bunch of blaw hard pussies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff the Mince
4 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Franks money is safe.

 

No one has the kaahoooooonas. 

 

Bunch of blaw hard pussies.

:cornette_dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Thread title hasn't been updated yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

What a thread!

 

the Clarke gammy boys have shit the bed!

 

Lawson being called out for JKBs most ridiculous thread and now furiously backtracking despite it being there for all to see!

 

and to to complete the set the ‘Levein pissed in my cornflakes’ tag team has joined in with their curious Style of always appearing in the same threads with the same anti Levein tirades...

 

That thread though. Still makes me cringe to think about it. Amateur psychology and faux expertise that ‘Dr’ Gillian McKeith or Supernanny would be proud of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haken
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

That thread though. Still makes me cringe to think about it. Amateur psychology and faux expertise that ‘Dr’ Gillian McKeith or Supernanny would be proud of. 

Gillian McKeith, was she not the one who used to examine faeces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
1 minute ago, Haken said:

Gillian McKeith, was she not the one who used to examine faeces?

Shaun talks a fair bit of shite...so maybe that's where he's heading...?

 

Who can tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Haken said:

Gillian McKeith, was she not the one who used to examine faeces?

 

And then was in The Jungle Get me Out of Here show where she was made to eat all the insects etc / got voted to do all that every day. 

 

Another case of alleged bullying. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
11 minutes ago, Haken said:

Gillian McKeith, was she not the one who used to examine faeces?

 

Think so. She did a programme about nutrition and the like, but was not qualified to do so. Self-appointed expert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah

Can't be arsed getting into a slagging match about Clarke and Levein but i think Clarke is a better manager.

 

So I will take the bet and hope I lose.

 

£100 to big Hearts and we finish above them will suit me fine, finishing above Killie this season means we will have done well, it's about 50/50 for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
21 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Think so. She did a programme about nutrition and the like, but was not qualified to do so. Self-appointed expert.

 

Bet she calls herself “highly intelligent” on her CV as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
Just now, cheetah said:

Can't be arsed getting into a slagging match about Clarke and Levein but i think Clarke is a better manager.

 

So I will take the bet and hope I lose.

 

£100 to big Hearts and we finish above them will suit me fine, finishing above Killie this season means we will have done well, it's about 50/50 for me.

 

Good for you mate 👍🏻

 

Do you want to add in a caveat that both have to still be managing their respective teams come end of season or are you happy as is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Good for you mate 👍🏻

 

Do you want to add in a caveat that both have to still be managing their respective teams come end of season or are you happy as is?

 

Happy to go with original bet, which if i remember was Clarke has to be at Killie on 1st march 2019?

 

CL will be at Hearts for years so no chance of him not being here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

What a thread!

 

the Clarke gammy boys have shit the bed!

 

Lawson being called out for JKBs most ridiculous thread and now furiously backtracking despite it being there for all to see!

 

and to to complete the set the ‘Levein pissed in my cornflakes’ tag team has joined in with their curious Style of always appearing in the same threads with the same anti Levein tirades...

One of my favourite posts ever 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

***THE BET HAS BEEN TAKEN***

 

See above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
19 minutes ago, cheetah said:

 

Happy to go with original bet, which if i remember was Clarke has to be at Killie on 1st march 2019?

 

CL will be at Hearts for years so no chance of him not being here.

 

Yeah, March 1st.

 

Perfect, it’s on 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redm

Move on from the "last year's thread" chat and try to get back on topic now please. Levein v Clarke charity bet etc etc. Thank you kindly. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

What a thread!

 

the Clarke gammy boys have shit the bed!

 

Lawson being called out for JKBs most ridiculous thread and now furiously backtracking despite it being there for all to see!

 

and to to complete the set the ‘Levein pissed in my cornflakes’ tag team has joined in with their curious Style of always appearing in the same threads with the same anti Levein tirades...

 

That works both ways, to be fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
8 minutes ago, redm said:

Move on from the "last year's thread" chat and try to get back on topic now please. Levein v Clarke charity bet etc etc. Thank you kindly. :) 

 

Could you update the thread title to say bet is on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

 

Could you update the thread title to say bet is on

 

You seem to have an obsession with that Mikey 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redm
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Could you update the thread title to say bet is on

 

Is it though? I can't keep up with the to'ing and fro'ing on this thread.  :smart:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

 

You seem to have an obsession with that Mikey 😃

 

Yeah. Just like it to be known it's on as might be missed. Then we can do a big build up around it like say Joshua v Fury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
1 minute ago, redm said:

 

Is it though? I can't keep up with the to'ing and fro'ing on this thread.  :smart:

 

 

Yeah, it’s on between me and cheetah below 👍🏻

 

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

 

Happy to go with original bet, which if i remember was Clarke has to be at Killie on 1st march 2019?

 

CL will be at Hearts for years so no chance of him not being here.

 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Yeah. Just like it to be known it's on as might be missed. Then we can do a big build up around it like say Joshua v Fury. 

 

I’ll do weekly updates for you mate 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redm

Right. Gotcha. Thread title updated. Good luck to all competitors or whatever it is you're meant to say. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Top Corner

We bloody better finish above Killie. 

4th highest budget in the league vs 9th.

Our wage bill is nearly double theirs. 

 

Just shows you how good the likes of Clarke and Wright are to be honest. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Calls out everyone as pussies...

 

Acting like the OP’s weedy bitch...

:laugh4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
12 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

We bloody better finish above Killie. 

4th highest budget in the league vs 9th.

Our wage bill is nearly double theirs. 

 

Just shows you how good the likes of Clarke and Wright are to be honest. 

 

 

Nope it's only where you finish that deems how good you are apparently.

Rodgers and Gerrard will be the best managers in Scotland come the end of the season and that has nothing to do with spending millions upon millions more than anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
40 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

We bloody better finish above Killie. 

4th highest budget in the league vs 9th.

Our wage bill is nearly double theirs. 

 

Just shows you how good the likes of Clarke and Wright are to be honest. 

 

 

Certainly can't be seen as anything other than under achievement if we finish behind Kilmarnock for second successive season

 

I'd be interested to see what the implications are / might be should we finish outside the top 4 yet again this year. That would be 3 years in a row the minimum expectation hasn't been fulfilled 

 

There aren't many industries out there where you can fail consistently and not have any consequences 

Edited by EastSideJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
1 hour ago, redm said:

Move on from the "last year's thread" chat and try to get back on topic now please. Levein v Clarke charity bet etc etc. Thank you kindly. :) 

Herein lies a problem though. The debate over this particular issue spans last season too. Are we just to ignore what was was said then and pretend it is all a new debate with new parts in the play? Nobody mention that it is still Groundhog Day? A sort of mass 'nobody mention the gorilla in the room' sort of thing?

23 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Certainly can't be seen as anything other than under achievement if we finish behind Kilmarnock for second successive season

 

I'd be interested to see what the implications are / might be should we finish outside the top 4 yet again this year. That would be 3 years in a row the minimum expectation hasn't been fulfilled 

 

There aren't many industries out there where you can fail consistently and not have any consequences 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Herein lies a problem though. The debate over this particular issue spans last season too. Are we just to ignore what was was said then and pretend it is all a new debate with new parts in the play? Nobody mention that it is still Groundhog Day? A sort of mass 'nobody mention the gorilla in the room' sort of thing?

 

 

They are inextricably linked bud.  I'm talking about ongoing performance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
Just now, EastSideJambo said:

They are inextricably linked bud.  I'm talking about ongoing performance 

 

Yes, I know you are and I think it should be open to debate, and what was said before on the issue should be allowed to be brought up. Why shouldn’t it? As you said it’s inextricably linked. There was an awful lot said on the subject last season and people should take ownership of that in the ongoing debate. Why should we all just act like the townspeople the book ‘IT’ and act like we have no memories? :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
37 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Certainly can't be seen as anything other than under achievement if we finish behind Kilmarnock for second successive season

 

I'd be interested to see what the implications are / might be should we finish outside the top 4 yet again this year. That would be 3 years in a row the minimum expectation hasn't been fulfilled 

 

There aren't many industries out there where you can fail consistently and not have any consequences 

 

It’s not as black and white as that. Finishing 5th place but 3 points off 2nd place is completely different from finishing 5th place and being 8 points off 4th place. 

 

I’d be gutted if we finished 5th but if we were within touching distance of 2nd or 3rd place I’d also be thinking “if only we hadn’t been decimated with long term injuries to key players I’m pretty sure we’d have finished a couple of places higher”

 

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Yes, I know you are and I think it should be open to debate, and what was said before on the issue should be allowed to be brought up. Why shouldn’t it? As you said it’s inextricably linked. There was an awful lot said on the subject last season and people should take ownership of that in the ongoing debate. Why should we all just act like the townspeople the book ‘IT’ and act like we have no memories? :lol:

 

 

 

We need to act like that because Pennywise can’t admit he murdered all those kids thirty years ago. Eventually when he grudgingly accepts he murdered the kids, he claims it was in a different town. When evidence is provided it was indeed the same town he reteats back into the sewer. 🤡

 

All joking aside I agree with you it’s totally relevant to bring up what was discussed last season as part of a current discussion on Craig Levein. What’s the point of having a search facility or post history if we can’t refer back to what each of us has posted in the past?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

We bloody better finish above Killie. 

4th highest budget in the league vs 9th.

Our wage bill is nearly double theirs. 

 

Just shows you how good the likes of Clarke and Wright are to be honest. 

 

 

Couldn't beat us t'other night though we are struggling. NEVER gives an opponent any credit. Clarke, I'll give you but not Wright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Top Corner
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Couldn't beat us t'other night though we are struggling. NEVER gives an opponent any credit. Clarke, I'll give you but not Wright

 

Wright consistently has Saints punching above their weight though. 

He's also managed to get a lot more out of Tony Watt than we could. 

He might be an arse of a guy but it would be interesting to see what he could do with our resources. 

Edited by Top Corner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigAlim
2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

 

Wright consistently has Saints punching above their weight though. 

He's also managed to get a lot more out of Tony Watt than we could. 

He might be an arse of a guy but it would be interesting to see what he could do with our resources. 

Tbf I think that's more down to Watt himself than management, he's had a hell of a lot of managers who haven't been able to get him to take football seriously, he's in last chance saloon now and he knows it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Top Corner
25 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Tbf I think that's more down to Watt himself than management, he's had a hell of a lot of managers who haven't been able to get him to take football seriously, he's in last chance saloon now and he knows it

 

If it was up to Watt, he'd probably still be doing FAckall

Wright seems to get the best out of players

I don't think he's a guy to be messed around either. Managers with a certain fear factor seem to do well,

Like your Walter Smiths, Alex Fergusons, Graeme souness's of this world. 

Cathro obviously didn't have an ounce of that. 

I think big John Daly will be a great manager for us eventually. He doesn't take any shit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Rather than wade through three pages of shite, whose taken the bet with Frank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Rather than wade through three pages of shite, whose taken the bet with Frank?

Cheetah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Rather than wade through three pages of shite, whose taken the bet with Frank?

 

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Cheetah.

 

Do we need another thread title update? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

 

Do we need another thread title update? 

Looks like it, Mikey :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×