Charity bet - Levein vs Clarke - *bet is ON*

Alex Kintner

12 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

There seem to be a number of posters who think we’re going nowhere under Craig Levein while Kilmarnock are destined for greatness under Steve Clarke.

Therefore I’m offering up a £100 charity bet to the first person who wants accept it.

If Kilmarnock finish above Hearts this season I will donate £100 to Big Hearts.

If Hearts finish above Kilmarnock this season whoever takes up the bet will donate £100 to Big Hearts.

*Given that this is dependant on Clarke staying at Killie, the bet is only valid if Steve Clarke is still Killie manager on the 1st of March. 

Donations shouldn't be determined on silly bets. Donate to big Hearts anyway whether you win or lose said bet. If you'd like to double it as part of your bet. Fine. £200 if you lose, £100 donated by both participants if you win. £200 to big Hearts. Win win.

Sorry i won't be taking the bet, because I know we'll finish no lower than 2nd and I'm skint.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• cheetah

• shaun.lawson

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a thread!

the Clarke gammy boys have shit the bed!

Lawson being called out for JKBs most ridiculous thread and now furiously backtracking despite it being there for all to see!

and to to complete the set the ‘Levein pissed in my cornflakes’ tag team has joined in with their curious Style of always appearing in the same threads with the same anti Levein tirades...

Geoff the Mince
4 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Franks money is safe.

No one has the kaahoooooonas. 

Bunch of blaw hard pussies.

:cornette_dog:

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

What a thread!

Lawson being called out for JKBs most ridiculous thread and now furiously backtracking despite it being there for all to see!

and to to complete the set the ‘Levein pissed in my cornflakes’ tag team has joined in with their curious Style of always appearing in the same threads with the same anti Levein tirades...

That thread though. Still makes me cringe to think about it. Amateur psychology and faux expertise that ‘Dr’ Gillian McKeith or Supernanny would be proud of. 

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

That thread though. Still makes me cringe to think about it. Amateur psychology and faux expertise that ‘Dr’ Gillian McKeith or Supernanny would be proud of. 

Gillian McKeith, was she not the one who used to examine faeces?

5 minutes ago, Haken said:

And then was in The Jungle Get me Out of Here show where she was made to eat all the insects etc / got voted to do all that every day. 

Another case of alleged bullying. 

Edited by Mikey1874

11 minutes ago, Haken said:

Think so. She did a programme about nutrition and the like, but was not qualified to do so. Self-appointed expert.

Can't be arsed getting into a slagging match about Clarke and Levein but i think Clarke is a better manager.

So I will take the bet and hope I lose.

£100 to big Hearts and we finish above them will suit me fine, finishing above Killie this season means we will have done well, it's about 50/50 for me.

21 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Think so. She did a programme about nutrition and the like, but was not qualified to do so. Self-appointed expert.

Bet she calls herself “highly intelligent” on her CV as well.

Just now, cheetah said:

Can't be arsed getting into a slagging match about Clarke and Levein but i think Clarke is a better manager.

So I will take the bet and hope I lose.

£100 to big Hearts and we finish above them will suit me fine, finishing above Killie this season means we will have done well, it's about 50/50 for me.

Good for you mate ??

Do you want to add in a caveat that both have to still be managing their respective teams come end of season or are you happy as is?

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Good for you mate ??

Do you want to add in a caveat that both have to still be managing their respective teams come end of season or are you happy as is?

Happy to go with original bet, which if i remember was Clarke has to be at Killie on 1st march 2019?

CL will be at Hearts for years so no chance of him not being here.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

What a thread!

One of my favourite posts ever ??

19 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Happy to go with original bet, which if i remember was Clarke has to be at Killie on 1st march 2019?

Yeah, March 1st.

Perfect, it’s on ??

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

What a thread!

That works both ways, to be fair

8 minutes ago, redm said:

Move on from the "last year's thread" chat and try to get back on topic now please. Levein v Clarke charity bet etc etc. Thank you kindly. :) 

Could you update the thread title to say bet is on

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You seem to have an obsession with that Mikey ?

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Is it though? I can't keep up with the to'ing and fro'ing on this thread.  :smart:

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

You seem to have an obsession with that Mikey ?

Yeah. Just like it to be known it's on as might be missed. Then we can do a big build up around it like say Joshua v Fury. 

1 minute ago, redm said:

Is it though? I can't keep up with the to'ing and fro'ing on this thread.  :smart:

Yeah, it’s on between me and cheetah below ??

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah. Just like it to be known it's on as might be missed. Then we can do a big build up around it like say Joshua v Fury. 

I’ll do weekly updates for you mate ?

• redm changed the title to Charity bet - Levein vs Clarke - *bet is ON*

We bloody better finish above Killie. 

4th highest budget in the league vs 9th.

Our wage bill is nearly double theirs. 

Just shows you how good the likes of Clarke and Wright are to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Nope it's only where you finish that deems how good you are apparently.

Rodgers and Gerrard will be the best managers in Scotland come the end of the season and that has nothing to do with spending millions upon millions more than anyone else.

EastSideJambo
40 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Certainly can't be seen as anything other than under achievement if we finish behind Kilmarnock for second successive season

I'd be interested to see what the implications are / might be should we finish outside the top 4 yet again this year. That would be 3 years in a row the minimum expectation hasn't been fulfilled 

There aren't many industries out there where you can fail consistently and not have any consequences 

Edited by EastSideJambo

1 hour ago, redm said:

Move on from the "last year's thread" chat and try to get back on topic now please. Levein v Clarke charity bet etc etc. Thank you kindly. :) 

Herein lies a problem though. The debate over this particular issue spans last season too. Are we just to ignore what was was said then and pretend it is all a new debate with new parts in the play? Nobody mention that it is still Groundhog Day? A sort of mass 'nobody mention the gorilla in the room' sort of thing?

23 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Certainly can't be seen as anything other than under achievement if we finish behind Kilmarnock for second successive season

I'd be interested to see what the implications are / might be should we finish outside the top 4 yet again this year. That would be 3 years in a row the minimum expectation hasn't been fulfilled 

There aren't many industries out there where you can fail consistently and not have any consequences 

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Herein lies a problem though. The debate over this particular issue spans last season too. Are we just to ignore what was was said then and pretend it is all a new debate with new parts in the play? Nobody mention that it is still Groundhog Day? A sort of mass 'nobody mention the gorilla in the room' sort of thing?

They are inextricably linked bud.  I'm talking about ongoing performance 

Just now, EastSideJambo said:

They are inextricably linked bud.  I'm talking about ongoing performance 

Yes, I know you are and I think it should be open to debate, and what was said before on the issue should be allowed to be brought up. Why shouldn’t it? As you said it’s inextricably linked. There was an awful lot said on the subject last season and people should take ownership of that in the ongoing debate. Why should we all just act like the townspeople the book ‘IT’ and act like we have no memories? :lol:

37 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

It’s not as black and white as that. Finishing 5th place but 3 points off 2nd place is completely different from finishing 5th place and being 8 points off 4th place. 

I’d be gutted if we finished 5th but if we were within touching distance of 2nd or 3rd place I’d also be thinking “if only we hadn’t been decimated with long term injuries to key players I’m pretty sure we’d have finished a couple of places higher”

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yes, I know you are and I think it should be open to debate, and what was said before on the issue should be allowed to be brought up. Why shouldn’t it? As you said it’s inextricably linked. There was an awful lot said on the subject last season and people should take ownership of that in the ongoing debate. Why should we all just act like the townspeople the book ‘IT’ and act like we have no memories? :lol:

We need to act like that because Pennywise can’t admit he murdered all those kids thirty years ago. Eventually when he grudgingly accepts he murdered the kids, he claims it was in a different town. When evidence is provided it was indeed the same town he reteats back into the sewer. ?

All joking aside I agree with you it’s totally relevant to bring up what was discussed last season as part of a current discussion on Craig Levein. What’s the point of having a search facility or post history if we can’t refer back to what each of us has posted in the past?

1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

Couldn't beat us t'other night though we are struggling. NEVER gives an opponent any credit. Clarke, I'll give you but not Wright

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Couldn't beat us t'other night though we are struggling. NEVER gives an opponent any credit. Clarke, I'll give you but not Wright

Wright consistently has Saints punching above their weight though. 

He's also managed to get a lot more out of Tony Watt than we could. 

He might be an arse of a guy but it would be interesting to see what he could do with our resources. 

Edited by Top Corner

2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

He might be an arse of a guy but it would be interesting to see what he could do with our resources. 

Tbf I think that's more down to Watt himself than management, he's had a hell of a lot of managers who haven't been able to get him to take football seriously, he's in last chance saloon now and he knows it

25 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Tbf I think that's more down to Watt himself than management, he's had a hell of a lot of managers who haven't been able to get him to take football seriously, he's in last chance saloon now and he knows it

If it was up to Watt, he'd probably still be doing FAckall

Wright seems to get the best out of players

I don't think he's a guy to be messed around either. Managers with a certain fear factor seem to do well,

Like your Walter Smiths, Alex Fergusons, Graeme souness's of this world. 

Cathro obviously didn't have an ounce of that. 

I think big John Daly will be a great manager for us eventually. He doesn't take any shit. 

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Rather than wade through three pages of shite, whose taken the bet with Frank?

Cheetah.

21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Rather than wade through three pages of shite, whose taken the bet with Frank?

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Cheetah.

Do we need another thread title update? 

2 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Not for me. As for Tony Watt, also the epitome of meh

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Not for me. As for Tony Watt, also the epitome of meh

Just my opinion. 

We have a few "meh" players ourselves. 

3 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Just my opinion. 

We have a few "meh" players ourselves. 

We do, however I believe the decent/meh axis is moving in the right direction 

On 06/12/2018 at 21:37, VladMagic said:

Interesting the most vocal of "Clarke is a better manager than Levein" posters remain conspicuous by their absence.

Not a pair of balls (that have dropped yet) amongst them.

FTFY.

Glad someone took the bet, £100 for big hearts is a good thing so fair play both posters.

FWIW I think Clarke is the best manager in the league right now. I also think we’ll still finish above them regardless. 

8 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Glad someone took the bet, £100 for big hearts is a good thing so fair play both posters.

FWIW I think Clarke is the best manager in the league right now. I also think we’ll still finish above them regardless. 

I’d say Rogers but Clarke in behind him.

We’ll definitely finish above Killie though. In three weeks time we’ll have Naismith and Vanecek available.

18 hours ago, Top Corner said:

If it was up to Watt, he'd probably still be doing FAckall

Wright seems to get the best out of players

I don't think he's a guy to be messed around either. Managers with a certain fear factor seem to do well,

Like your Walter Smiths, Alex Fergusons, Graeme souness's of this world. 

Cathro obviously didn't have an ounce of that. 

I think big John Daly will be a great manager for us eventually. He doesn't take any shit. 

Hopefully Jon Daly will never be Hearts manager. The failed succesion experiment has been ditched after a couple of botched managerial "searches". "Not taking any shit", is not really the most important quality we should be looking for in a prospective manager at a club of our size.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hopefully Jon Daly will never be Hearts manager. The failed succesion experiment has been ditched after a couple of botched managerial "searches". "Not taking any shit", is not really the most important quality we should be looking for in a prospective manager at a club of our size.

Can’t wait till we win today and you crawl back to wherever you were hiding for the first three months of the season.

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Can’t wait till we win today and you crawl back to wherever you were hiding for the first three months of the season.

He'll be on here under a different username trolling about something else.

It's how these weird creatures get their Jollyfication.