Charity bet - Levein vs Clarke - *bet is ON*

Alex Kintner

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you didn’t also engage on lots of personal attacks on him such as calling him a shitebag several times or by likening him to King Herod or by calling him an absolute catastrophe? I must have made all of the quotes below up then.

?

3457C09C-28C1-419F-BB85-2911F0FD1CCF.jpeg

BA11D598-4231-488E-8C89-44215F161B5C.jpeg

0621AA39-D9AC-45B7-8327-938E857393D1.jpeg

C1C701E3-94C7-433F-99C5-455F81E4531C.jpeg

1091CBC1-B783-452A-A3D4-A7AB45C8E93F.jpeg

3CFB9939-088A-4974-A3FE-B46297A31294.jpeg

48C79EB7-A112-4A01-9AB1-998A86D57D19.jpeg

7F1A21FE-F091-411A-960A-5194F7B34722.jpeg

5A8288F7-3656-4F8D-9EDB-3B41FEC72D15.jpeg

:lol:

The neck on it! 

:wow:

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• cheetah

• shaun.lawson

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:lol:

Pay no heed, this is just me “embellishing and misrepresenting” Shaun by posting his very own words. ?

By the way, If I’m throwing £100 in the pot then sod my winnings going to Big feckin Hearts. 

I want the cash (cash, no cheques please) in my hand. And nothing bigger than a twenty either.  

:wonga:

10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you didn’t also engage on lots of personal attacks on him such as calling him a shitebag several times or by likening him to King Herod or by calling him an absolute catastrophe? I must have made all of the quotes below up then.

?

Not in that thread I didn't. :whistling: So why did you make up that I did? For fun?

Oh, and by the way: I called him a 'shitebag' on another thread in anger. Anger at a pathetic performance. That you get far more angry at fans being angry than at anything to do with your football club is, to say the least, weird. 

And yes, he was an absolute catastrophe. With Scotland, which is what I was discussing. The games you play are beyond belief.

Edited by shaun.lawson

10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Completely agree with you on JJ, of course. As for where Hearts are now: off the pitch, we're in great shape. But there's actually less chance of us breaking through and toppling the OF than there was under Vlad.

Why? Because rightly, we spend considerably less money. And in football, money doesn't talk. It swears. Celtic's wage bill is 60m. That's why they win all the time. Living within our means involves accepting that, barring something truly incredible, Hearts will never truly fulfill our 'potential'. Because 'fulfilling our potential' involves spending bucketloads of cash which we don't have - and twice in recent memory, has almost killed the club stone dead.

That doesn't have to be any cause for despair. Every other club outside the OF is in the same boat. Every club outside the Big Six in England, Big Two in Germany, or three or four clubs in Italy and Spain are in the same boat. But it is what it is. So let's build the strongest club possible from grassroots up, make the most of the incredible support we have, run ourselves as well as possible, bring young players through, sell them on and reinvest.

But winning the title will, barring something incredible, be a bridge too far - and so, in all likelihood, will top 3 finishes year-in, year-out be too.

A lot of fair points. Given the fact we can’t win the title regardless who is in charge at least therefore appoint a manager with a fresh approach, willing to play gung ho football, not cautious containing the opposition crap like we see in big matches. What do we have to lose? He won’t win a thing anyway so at least set ourselves up to be an attractive side, intent on winning as many matches as possible and when we inevitably fail go down guns blazing and not in the insipid, pathetic, self inflicted manner we so often do. Not one win at Pittodrie, Easter Road, Ibrox or Parkhead in our last 17 attempts, 16 of which ended in defeat!  That in itself, given the other top 6 sides (and even Hibs ?) records tells you so much about this setup. It wold genuinely be fantastic to see what someone like Clarke would do with our current squad never mind utilising our significantly better budget and one we keep being told will increase due to the new stand. 

Edited by magicTs

Just now, magicTs said:

A lot of fair points. Given the fact we can’t win the title regardless who is in charge at least therefore appoint a manager with a fresh approach, willing to play gung ho football, not cautious containing the opposition crap like we see in big matches. What do we have to lose? He won’t win a thing anyway so at least set ourselves up to be an attractive side, intent on winning as many matches as possible and when we inevitably fail go down guns blazing and not in the insipid, pathetic, self inflicted manner we so often do. Not one win at Pittodrie, Easter Road, Ibrox or Parkhead in our last 17 attempts, 16 of which ended in defeat!  That in itself, given the other top 6 sides (and even Hibs ?) tells you so much about this setup. It wold genuinely be fantastic to see what someone like Clarke would do with our current squad never mind utilising our significantly better budget and one we keep being told will increase due to the new stand. 

Like who? Clarke wouldn't come and it's cloud cuckoo land to think otherwise. Meanwhile, we tried the exact approach you advocate - with Cathro. Remind me how that worked out again?

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, magicTs said:

A lot of fair points. Given the fact we can’t win the title regardless who is in charge at least therefore appoint a manager with a fresh approach, willing to play gung ho football, not cautious containing the opposition crap like we see in big matches. What do we have to lose? He won’t win a thing anyway so at least set ourselves up to be an attractive side, intent on winning as many matches as possible and when we inevitably fail go down guns blazing and not in the insipid, pathetic, self inflicted manner we so often do. Not one win at Pittodrie, Easter Road, Ibrox or Parkhead in our last 17 attempts, 16 of which ended in defeat!  That in itself, given the other top 6 sides (and even Hibs ?) tells you so much about this setup. It wold genuinely be fantastic to see what someone like Clarke would do with our current squad never mind utilising our significantly better budget and one we keep being told will increase due to the new stand. 

Yeah can’t argue with any of that. 

The way we capitulate as soon as the OF appear is utterly embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Like who? Clarke wouldn't come and it's cloud cuckoo land to think otherwise. Meanwhile, we tried the exact approach you advocate - with Cathro. Remind me how that worked out again?

Cathro was Levein’s puppet or for the more sensitive let’s just say Levein was his mentor. I’m talking about someone who is able to manage without the need for, cough cough, ‘guidance’!

Edited by magicTs

18 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Not in that thread I didn't. :whistling: So why did you make up that I did? For fun?

Oh, and by the way: I called him a 'shitebag' on another thread in anger. Anger at a pathetic performance. That you get far more angry at fans being angry than at anything to do with your football club is, to say the least, weird. 

And yes, he was an absolute catastrophe. With Scotland, which is what I was discussing. The games you play are beyond belief.

More lies from Shaun. It was the very same thread...

EE71421E-EB7E-41BA-A671-6A2483DCBD10.png

00ECDF00-26D5-4BC8-B2E0-03BE4F6213B8.png

99A159A1-20AA-4AAF-9DDD-3E0FC5224A30.png

E4D1D2C4-ACA6-43F7-A9E6-D8A5E90A83ED.png

E180320B-D2CD-4C06-A469-B52333019694.png

B124AFF5-504F-4F6B-8EFD-F8EC8354F650.png

Edited by To Be Frank

This thread is like The Go Bots, to last year’s Transformers. 

Essentially the same thing, with the same characters doing pretty much the same things, just the names are a wee bit different. ?

FA7FB4AE-BB35-41E8-AA62-619A05ACA0DB.jpeg

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

This thread is like The Go Bots, to last year’s Transformers. 

Essentially the same thing, with the same characters doing pretty much the same things, just the names are a wee bit different. ?

FA7FB4AE-BB35-41E8-AA62-619A05ACA0DB.jpeg

One might say just like the Hearts first team management setup and the likelihood of that proving a success ?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Has Lawson just been Lawson-ed?

Nope. :) When I Lawson someone - usually embarrassing myself in the process - I do try and play fair. Frank doesn't. 

This whole back and forth started when I stated my OP about Levein had been 'somewhat misunderstood'. Frank then invented that I'd said those things in the OP or in that thread. Doing nothing to disprove my point.

When describing Levein's time with Scotland - in which Scotland were the first country in Europe to be eliminated from the 2014 World Cup: before San Marino, before Liechtenstein, before Andorra - as 'an absolute catastrophe' is treated as evidence of as "a series of personal attacks", that is insane. And worse: when describing his time with Scotland as an 'absolute catastrophe' is pretended by Frank to be about his time with Hearts, that's worse than insane. It's a lie.

Frank misquotes and misrepresents. That's his gig on here. Simple.

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

One might say just like the Hearts first team management setup and the likelihood of that proving a success ?

One might, but one would be a bit spineless, Hendricks.

Oh, and by the way: 4-6-0 in Prague was evidence of a shitebag. That night, that game? Absolutely. Strangely, there was hardly anyone on here who thought anything different at the time either.

EastSideJambo
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah can’t argue with any of that. 

The way we capitulate as soon as the OF appear is utterly embarrassing. 

It is embarrassing.  Contrast the way Levein approaches OF compared to JJ. Latter had a proper go at them. Doddie used to have a go too. 

Levein's record against OF is absolutely woeful. 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Nope. :) When I Lawson someone - usually embarrassing myself in the process - I do try and play fair. Frank doesn't. 

This whole back and forth started when I stated my OP about Levein had been 'somewhat misunderstood'. Frank then invented that I'd said those things in the OP or in that thread. Doing nothing to disprove my point.

When describing Levein's time with Scotland - in which Scotland were the first country in Europe to be eliminated from the 2014 World Cup: before San Marino, before Liechtenstein, before Andorra - as 'an absolute catastrophe' is treated as evidence of as "a series of personal attacks", that is insane. And worse: when describing his time with Scotland as an 'absolute catastrophe' is pretended by Frank to be about his time with Hearts, that's worse than insane. It's a lie.

You didnt “describe” anything. You concocted an embarrassingly bad amateur psychological profile of Mr Levein, based on nothing other than your unqualified attempts at trying to appear knowledgeable and wise.

8 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Cathro was Levein’s puppet or for the more sensitive let’s just say Levein was his mentor. I’m talking about someone who is able to manage without the need for, cough cough, ‘guidance’!

So you think Mumbler Cathro could succeed elsewhere? :rofl:You think someone who interviewed like this could succeed elsewhere?

I fear you'd be in a small minority of one on that.

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

So you think Mumbler Cathro could succeed elsewhere? :rofl:You think someone who interviewed like this could succeed elsewhere?

I fear you'd be in a small minority of one on that.

Not sure how you drew that conclusion from my post. You said we tried that with Cathro, I’m stating we did nothing of the sort. Cathro was a disaster, Levein’s disaster. 

The point is there are people who would be capable of doing a far better job if left alone to do it with the oppprtunities, resources and support the current Hearts manager is afforded. He should be nowhere near it when that eventually happens. 

18 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Please see above where I’ve proven you to be a liar...again. Or would you like to try and move the goal posts...again?

Calling our manager a shitebag (more than once), craven, an absolute catastrophe, rabbit in the headlights, broken, old and tired, a decade past it and overwhelmed by fear is a personal attack in anybody’s book. I hadn’t even noticed the King Herod comparison at the time :facepalm:

At least be man enough to admit you were wrong and apologise for claiming I’d made it all up ??

Edited by To Be Frank

EastSideJambo
6 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Huh? 

He yearns for the return of posters from yesteryear 

Bangs on about it endlessly as part of a little closed collective 

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

****ing blasphemy, mentioning those two in the same sentence.

I did have the submarine Go Bot... they were a bit shit though.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

It is embarrassing.  Contrast the way Levein approaches OF compared to JJ. Latter had a proper go at them. Doddie used to have a go too. 

Are we not the only team, outside PSG and barca to beat celtic twice, under Rogers? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

What this thread has proven (and I admit there is still time for some to perhaps read it) is that there are some complete pussies on this forum. 

Billy big baws giving it this and that but when it comes to the crux, they all have wings but no ding a ling.

Those I refer to will be quietly pointed in the direction of this thread with To Be Franks blessing until such time that To Be Frank closes the thread.

Deary me.

:facepalm:

Geoff Kilpatrick
31 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Oh, and by the way: 4-6-0 in Prague was evidence of a shitebag. That night, that game? Absolutely. Strangely, there was hardly anyone on here who thought anything different at the time either.

And yet, it was hardly new. The Totti era Roma often played 4-6-0. The difference was they had, er, Totti!

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Are we not the only team, outside PSG and barca to beat celtic twice, under Rogers? 

I think you're right. He's cracked it 

I take it all back 

Geoff Kilpatrick
31 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

:what:

It was JJ who invented the flat back 11 in Glasgow!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I think you're right. He's cracked it 

I take it all back 

Not sure he's cracked it. 

I'd call it good progress tho. 

?

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've seen some good Hearts performances in Glasgow under JJ. The two we've seen this season take a fair bit of beating 

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not sure he's cracked it. 

I'd call it good progress tho. 

?

Good progress overall as Hearts manager? 

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've always been curious about that. Was our approach when we won 3-0 at Ibrox in January 1996 significantly different - or was it simply that we had an incredible player having the best game of his career, and once we scored first, we picked them off on the counter thanks to them pushing up?

I do think JJ as a manager became way more cautious after 1998/9, a near-death experience in footballing terms. But the perceived margins between ultra-defensive and sensibly defensive while posing a threat on the break often don't come down to that much: to moments in a game really.

Another example: the 2012 semi-final. They were all over us in the first half, missed a couple of absolute sitters, we survived... and again, scored the crucial first goal. It ended up being seen as a tactical masterclass by Paulo - but one in which we undoubtedly rode our luck. Had they scored first, the outcome would probably have been different.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Good progress overall as Hearts manager? 

Dunno what that means. 

Good progress on his poor of record....? 

From the tiny acorn grows a mighty oak. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

EastSideJambo
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Dunno what that means. 

Good progress on his poor of record....? 

You think he's doing a good job as Hearts manager presumably 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

You think he's doing a good job as Hearts manager presumably 

We've improved allot since last year. 

So, Yip. Doing a good job. 

Not great, not exceptional, but good. 

Still looking forward to the rest season, plenty to play for. 

Just because Clarke has been brilliant, doesn't make CL poor. 

Clarke is doing a better job than Rogers, doesn't make Rogers shite. 

Strange mentality, that. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We've improved allot since last year. 

So, Yip. Doing a good job. 

Not great, not exceptional, but good. 

Still looking forward to the rest season, plenty to play for. 

Just because Clarke has been brilliant, doesn't make CL poor. 

Clarke is doing a better job than Rogers, doesn't make Rogers shite. 

Strange mentality, that. 

Agree with all of this. 

It’s actually hilarious watching posters talk seriously about managers being “defensive”, like they just prefer that side of the game and don’t want to to attack and score goals too. 

‘When did JJ become defensive?’

‘Is Levein defensive?’

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s actually hilarious watching posters talk seriously about managers being “defensive”, like they just prefer that side of the game and don’t want to to attack and score goals too. 

‘When did JJ become defensive?’

‘Is Levein defensive?’

:rofl:

Mourinho: very defensive

Uruguay manager Tabarez: unbelievably, frighteningly defensive

Levein: defensive first and foremost

JJ: very defensive in Glasgow

If you think Mourinho's approach to management is, for example, the same as Guardiola's, rather than its polar opposite, I doubt you and football are even nodding acquaintances.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Mourinho: very defensive

Uruguay manager Tabarez: unbelievably, frighteningly defensive

Levein: defensive first and foremost

JJ: very defensive in Glasgow

If you think Mourinho's approach to management is, for example, the same as Guardiola's, rather than its polar opposite, I doubt you and football are even nodding acquaintances.

A Madrid are probably the most defensive team I've watched recently ( relative to team talent) yet they score lots of goals and are effective. 

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

What don’t you understand? ?

In summary, the 1st of March.  Dont know what that's got to do with anything or why it matters what job Clarke has but not levein.

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

A Madrid are probably the most defensive team I've watched recently ( relative to team talent) yet they score lots of goals and are effective. 

They're a very good example, yes. Simeone is certainly defensive first and foremost: the best at it in the world. There's nothing to say 'defensive first and foremost' can't be successful; in relative terms, Levein was very successful with this approach in Scotland. But not in England or at international level.

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

In summary, the 1st of March.  Dont know what that's got to do with anything or why it matters what job Clarke has but not levein.

Was going on the assumption Levein will definitely behere but there’s a good chance Clarke will have left Killie before the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Please see above where I’ve proven you to be a liar...again. Or would you like to try and move the goal posts...again?

Calling our manager a shitebag (more than once), craven, an absolute catastrophe, rabbit in the headlights, broken, old and tired, a decade past it and overwhelmed by fear is a personal attack in anybody’s book. I hadn’t even noticed the King Herod comparison at the time :facepalm:

At least be man enough to admit you were wrong and apologise for claiming I’d made it all up ??

Or just trot along pretending it didn’t happen as usual. :rofl:

A35F1F3E-F1A1-475A-BE31-356F36B6816C.jpeg

• redm changed the title to Charity bet - Levein vs Clarke - *bet is ON*