Good guy footballers

Jenks

Through working at Sky I’ve met a few players or ex players and they’ve always been easy to chat to, however at one work event just after I’d started the guest speaker was Champangne Charlie himself, expected him to be the utter welt he comes across as on telly but he was totally different, very humble and spoke more about his pride playing for Scotland than he did about any of the clubs in his career.

I know this wont be popular but......I met Gazza before his melt down and you could not meet a more charitable guy. He personalty organised and took part in a charitable event which changed the life of a mates seriously handicapped child. Shame hes gone of the rails. A challenged guy who needed help himself but didnt get it. Now, well what a mess!

On 06/12/2018 at 22:09, FWJ said:

Robbo.

Met him a few times up in Inverness.  Always got time for a wee chat or a hello. 

there was a hearts game v ross county around new year a few years ago that got postponed late in the day. So there were a number of jambos up there for the game, they decided to take in a game nearby and robbo ended up there. i'm not sure if he got drunk with the fans or just had a great time but someone got robbo to leave a voicemail on a jkb'rs number. i heard it the next week and the jkb'e was in tears loving it. from what i remember robbos voicemail was like he was one of the boys

itsnomarooned

David Wotherspoon. My daughter was guising a couple of years ago and ended up at his house, while most of the bairns were telling jokes she decided on a song (twinkle twinkle I think). He was absolutely engaging with her, squatted down to her level, mouthed the song along and gave her a wee cuddle. Was somewhat put out when she said "cheers ya Hibby c***".

Jamie MacDonald. Met him on an ante natal type course and both him and his (now) wife were very nice indeed.

Derek Riordan. Saw him at a Proclaimers gig (yeah, yeah - so what!) and he was getting pestered all nitght but, as far as I could see, always stopped for a chat, pose or to sign something.

Maybe not a popular one but Leigh Griffiths. I think I've written it here before but is always first to put his hands in his pocket or make donations (Boots/Shirts) to multiple kids football clubs; my own kids club being one such benefactor.

number witheld
2 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

David Wotherspoon. My daughter was guising a couple of years ago and ended up at his house, while most of the bairns were telling jokes she decided on a song (twinkle twinkle I think). He was absolutely engaging with her, squatted down to her level, mouthed the song along and gave her a wee cuddle. Was somewhat put out when she said "cheers ya Hibby c***".

Jamie MacDonald. Met him on an ante natal type course and both him and his (now) wife were very nice indeed.

Derek Riordan. Saw him at a Proclaimers gig (yeah, yeah - so what!) and he was getting pestered all nitght but, as far as I could see, always stopped for a chat, pose or to sign something.

No reason to be embarrassed - i love the proclaimers. nice to read about all the decent folk out there in the world. 

itsnomarooned
19 minutes ago, number witheld said:

No reason to be embarrassed - i love the proclaimers. nice to read about all the decent folk out there in the world. 

Aye but you've got a post count lower than 50,000 which automatically means you're a Hibby - sniff sniff etc.

number witheld
4 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Aye but you've got a post count lower than 50,000 which automatically means you're a Hibby - sniff sniff etc.

ha fair enough, i'm def not but if i was i'd certainly not be wasting my time lurking in these parts....