Ratings v St J

Ministry of Football

Ministry of Football

Zlamal - 7 - No mistakes tonight and generally solid

Smith - 6 - Good all round display and and fitted in well at left back as well, when Mitchell was subbed. 
Berra -7- Solid.
Dikamona - 6 - Distribution is all over the place at the moment
Mitchell - 3 - Terrible defending.

Djoum - 7 - Competitive with good goal
Haring - 6 Good shift, although lucky not to be sent off for persistent fouling.
Bozanic - 6- Ok and on the score sheet.
Lee - 5 - Wish he had another gear.

Wighton - 2 Dear oh dear, he was totally anonymous. Wage thief status.
Clare - 4 - Lightweight and just not in it.

Godinho - 1 - Very little time
Morrison -1- No time. 
Maclean 1 No time

Levein - 3 - Got to be kidding playing Clare and Wighton in the same team. 

Dallas - 0 - Not sure about their penalty. Looked like another poor decision against us.

Edited by Ministry of Football

20 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Smith - 6 - Good all round display and and fitted in well at left back as well, when Mitchell was subbed. 
Berra -7- Solid.

Haring - 6 Good shift, although lucky not to be sent off for persistent fouling.

Morrison -1- No time. 
Maclean 1 No time

Dallas - 0 - Not sure about their penalty. Looked like another poor decision against us.

Why is Levein persisting with Mitchell at left back? Everyone can see he's not a defender and should be playing left mid or wing. 

If playing him there is part of the loan agreement, as others have mentioned, which I'd find hard to believe, then we may as well and the agreement early. 

Don't know where wighton earns his 2 from.  Did absolutely nothing, barely touched the ball and just doesn't look a player.  We have nothing going forward which doesn't help the midfield.  Looking at table we could be 6th with Aberdeen and saints games in hand.  Horrible run at the moment and not good to watch.  Hurry up January. 

Also not helped tonight by worst penalty decision i think i have seen.  No idea what Dallas saw.  Bookings on haring and berra also baffling.

Wighton was pretty much a man down tbh, the only times you really noticed he was playing was when he was on his arse complaining about something.

Djoum 8

Lee 2

Wighton 1

Mitchell 4 

Clare 5

Bozanic 6

Haring 6 

Berra 7 

Dikamona 7

Zhamal 7 (no saves to make) 

Smith 5

Edited by Mikey1874

Sense of perspective needed.

StJ hadn’t conceded in their last six games, winning five of them. Had it not been for an outrageous penalty decision we would have won, in spite of all the injuries to key players.. And we should have drawn against Rangers.

Mid-season is a time for digging in.  Sometimes not pretty. This team merited four points this week. Well done. We’re hanging in there.

8 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

Zlamal - 4. Conceded 2, can't give pass marks

Smith - 2. weak link
Berra -4. Conceded 2, can't give pass marks
Dikamona - 2. Looks like another shite signing
Mitchell - 2 He is from Man United by the way

Djoum - 6
Haring - 5
Bozanic - 4
Lee - 4 

Wighton - 0 Is this a wind up?
Clare - 1 unlike Whighton he touched the ball

Morrison -1- No time. 
Maclean 1 No time

Levein - 0 every manager has his number. His arse is on a plate.  Terrible terrible terrible football manager.

Dallas -  always the refs fault right now

Revised ratings.

Just edited op with my ratings. Sorry for being lazy but hey ho.

Edited by i8hibsh

10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

StJ hadn’t conceded in their last six games, winning five of them. Had it not been for an outrageous penalty decision we would have won, in spite of all the injuries to key players.. And we should have drawn against Rangers.

Mid-season is a time for digging in.  Sometimes not pretty. This team merited four points this week. Well done. We’re hanging in there.

Sounds great but the team are not 'digging in'.

If we’re looking for a positive in this dismal run of form, I guess it’s that the anti-Levein brigade have perked up.

Not a positive for me but some sad wee guys a bit happier over the last month.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

If you offered me a draw against Rangers and a win in Perth, I'd have settled for that. Both games were against teams in form.

That's what Hearts actually achieved, and that would have been with the loss of two goals. 

Poor refereeing meant the actual results were different, but I'm not going to blame the players or manager for bad luck.

It's in the nature of a league that teams go in and out of form. Rangers lost yesterday, Celtic drew, Hibs drew at home against StM, and Hamilton got thrashed by the bottom team. It's that time of year.

We show signs of coming out of a poor spell and should be just a point off top (leaving aside poor refereeing decisions in some earlier games).

My glass remains half-full.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I think the ratings deserve to be much higher. Well organised team, and we actually created quite a few chances on the counter, more like it from Hearts. As for Clare and Wighton, both works in progress, Clare could be a great player for us. Clearly has good feet, I think sometimes he should go himself instead of playing someone in. And Wighton has good instincts in the box

Skippy Doodle

It is concerning after watching game twice now to see so many lambast lone forward for not offering anything then give our centre halfs 6's & 7's

our distribution from the back without Soapy and Dunne is awful and our two centre halfs gave away countless needless fouls last night which brings on more pressure

Berra gets a pass as he is nowhere near fit enough to be playing twice in a matter of days but I think we need to take this into consideration when discussing impact of Wighton - going to be difficult to make an impression if midfield does not support quick enough and balls from back are not good enough

3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Finally....sense.

21 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

It is concerning after watching game twice now to see so many lambast lone forward for not offering anything then give our centre halfs 6's & 7's

our distribution from the back without Soapy and Dunne is awful and our two centre halfs gave away countless needless fouls last night which brings on more pressure

Berra gets a pass as he is nowhere near fit enough to be playing twice in a matter of days but I think we need to take this into consideration when discussing impact of Wighton - going to be difficult to make an impression if midfield does not support quick enough and balls from back are not good enough

Playing with a lone forward requires an exceptional lone forward. Otherwise don't do it

Skippy Doodle
26 minutes ago, jambali said:

Playing with a lone forward requires an exceptional lone forward. Otherwise don't do it

I would agree mate. Uche only one who could do it and even he would have struggled last night

wighton clearly is not a player for back to goal hold up play. We need to remember this when assessing his performance 

Skippy Doodle
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

To suggest that would be to say they are not trying or being competitive. Would agree that st mirren and Celtic away may prove that point generally team is competing for every ball and trying to see us through this bad patch whilst injury continues to hinder the spine of our team

our injury crisis would be like asking Celtic to win every week with boyata and benkovic injured , brown needing a hernia op and grit this and edourad both out long term

think the team deserve a bit of a pass for these circumstances but would add that CL could tweek selections to give us more pace and width in final third

i am sure you will have a suitably dour and doom monger retort response to this ?

In my experience watching football we are 'digging in'. It's the quality that is missing. It's fine margins in football. St Johnstone could have scored 3 or 4 more goals first half. Similarly we could as we know have won the game. 

And winning the game changes the reaction. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

If we’re looking for a positive in this dismal run of form, I guess it’s that the anti-Levein brigade have perked up.

No doubt Pants. There must be some heavily soiled underpants in the homes of these nuggets with the creaming of themselves they've been doing the last month. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I think the ratings deserve to be much higher. Well organised team, and we actually created quite a few chances on the counter, more like it from Hearts. As for Clare and Wighton, both works in progress, Clare could be a great player for us. Clearly has good feet, I think sometimes he should go himself instead of playing someone in. And Wighton has good instincts in the box

I hope you're right. In their defence I do feel they've been thrown into the fray far sooner than Levein would have wanted to de to our injuries.

1 hour ago, jambali said:

We either play with one or two non exceptional forwards at present. 

12 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Why is Levein persisting with Mitchell at left back? Everyone can see he's not a defender and should be playing left mid or wing. 

If playing him there is part of the loan agreement, as others have mentioned, which I'd find hard to believe, then we may as well and the agreement early. 

I think Levein has been told by Man U that he has to play him at left back.

I realise that Mitchell played left wing and right wing in his first 2 games back for us but he has not played anywhere apart from left back since then.

Has Man U spoke to Hearts after those first 2 games and told us that he must play left back?

I know is seems crazy but I cant think of any other explanation?

4 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I realise that Mitchell played left wing and right wing in his first 2 games back for us but he has not played anywhere apart from left back since then.

Has Man U spoke to Hearts after those first 2 games and told us that he must play left back?

Levein wants other players further forward 

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

As in when the ref pinches the spade!!!

I think 4marsbars should be launched, THIS IS KICKBACK sanctuary to the negative ersoles, how dare here come on re with a sensible and positive statement and attitude !

here our glasses are empty and bone dry, only misery and bitterness towards our club are allowed.

pitchforks at the ready

Edited by reaths17

7 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

I think the only criticism you can level at Craig is not properly replacing Lafferty in the squad. But hindsight is a great thing. 

Hopefully injuries clear and after the winter break Levein can get us back on track. 

Still think he has put us in a position where we are not a million miles away from top. I was not on his side last year, but this year he has had no luck with injuries and decisions 

Preferrably not!!

Afraid it would have to be 4-6-0 if you don't want to play with a lone forward - or someone out of position.

We don't have another out-and-out striker until Vanecek arrives, apart from McLean maybe.

20 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

Berra -7- Solid.

Morrison -1- No time. 
Maclean 1 No time

Would agree with most of that but IMO would swap the Lee and wighton ratings around placed on effort . Craig ran his heart out but to no avail and with no descent support from Lee or Clare 

20 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

7 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

If it's the case than Man U are dictating his position then its time to terminate the agreement imo. On Saturday and last night it was clear that he's never a full back. He's got no positional sense and no ability to tackle or protect the ball under pressure. Worse than all that I think we were kidding ourselves on last season. He was injured most of the time and I can't recall a performance that lived up to the hype.

Talking players up too much is a weakness of CL and we're maybe just seeing another example.

From what I've seen of Mitchell so far this season I'm not even sure that he's SPL quality in any position.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

If it's the case than Man U are dictating his position then its time to terminate the agreement imo. On Saturday and last night it was clear that he's never a full back. He's got no positional sense and no ability to tackle or protect the ball under pressure. Worse than all that I think we were kidding ourselves on last season. He was injured most of the time and I can't recall a performance that lived up to the hype.

Talking players up too much is a weakness of CL and we're maybe just seeing another example.

From what I've seen of Mitchell so far this season I'm not even sure that he's SPL quality in any position.

I wouldn't go that far! He's very pacy and skilful, has a good shot on him and has looked top class at times, in an attacking sense (probably more last season). However, looks too light weight for left back and doesn't seem to be defensively minded. 

I think he would be brilliant in a more attacking position, running at defenders. 

11 hours ago, jambali said:

Agree 100%. A lone striker has to be an all rounder and has to have not only good ability,  but has to be big enough & strong enough to hold their own v two centerhalfs.

If Steven MacLean with all his experience can’t play that role, there is no danger Wighton can play it. A pointless and thankless task. 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Afraid it would have to be 4-6-0 if you don't want to play with a lone forward - or someone out of position.

We don't have another out-and-out striker until Vanecek arrives, apart from McLean maybe.

I wasn't referring to this match in particular. I understand our lack of forwards - McLean generally being a wast of a shirt recently. I was referring to lone strikers generally, they need to be outsanding, or it is best to have at least 2 up front.

Of course, I am sure there will be those who would criticise our signings for providing insufficient cover, which have left us short due to injuries...

Edited by jambali

Watched the game on ALBA, this is how they rated in my opinion perhaps if I had actually been there I might have had a different opinion, Mitchell a good winger wasted at the back, rarely wins a ball in the air, poor defensively, Lee and Wighton were simply passengers.

Zlamal 7 Smith 6 Berra 6 Dikamona 6 Mitch 3 Haring 6 Bozanic 5 Djoum 7 Clare 5,

Lee 3 Wighton 2

I wasn't referring to this match in particular. I understand our lack of forwards - McLean generally being a wast of a shirt recently. I was referring to lone strikers generally, they need to be outsanding, or it is best to have at least 2 up front.

Of course, I am sure there will be those who would criticise our signings for providing insufficient cover, which have left us short due to injuries...

I wasn't either!

16 hours ago, mscjambo said:

I think the only criticism you can level at Craig is not properly replacing Lafferty in the squad. But hindsight is a great thing. 

Hopefully injuries clear and after the winter break Levein can get us back on track. 

Still think he has put us in a position where we are not a million miles away from top. I was not on his side last year, but this year he has had no luck with injuries and decisions 

You and others have got the Lafferty sale wrong. 

Lafferty had already been replaced by MacLean and Uche.

But obviously getting Vanecek in early would have helped but just might not have been possible. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You and others have got the Lafferty sale wrong. 

Lafferty had already been replaced by MacLean and Uche.

But obviously getting Vanecek in early would have helped but just might not have been possible. 

Got it wrong not really. Firstly football is a game of opinions as Harry Redknapp once famously said. So I've not got anything wrong.

Hearts fielded a team on opening day of the season that gave us Lafferty coming off the bench to replace Uche. A physical number 9. When Lafferty was sold and we failed to bring in a replacement then as soon as Uche went down we were very short on numbers. He tried to bring in Sow but that obviously broke down and he eventually brought in wighton. 

McLean was not brought in to play as many games as circumstances have forced him to play and he did his best work playing off the main striker. So to be honest mate I've got nothing wrong...

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We were always selling Lafferty though. He was never expected to be in squad after August. 

But nobody has got anything wrong as you put it. Levein wanted another physical striker but couldn't get it across the line so I'm not sure what anyone got wrong to be honest.