Siege Mentality

GorgieRules22

GorgieRules22

It seems that the world is against us with regards to injuries and the officials going out their way to make sure we don’t climb the table. We have a chance on Saturday to get three points and looking at the other fixtures it could be a big three points at that. I hope we adopt a siege mentality and let’s start having a right go, the supporters aswell should adopt this mentality and back the players to the hilt !!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It seems that the world is against us with regards to injuries and the officials going out their way to make sure we don’t climb the table. We have a chance on Saturday to get three points and looking at the other fixtures it could be a big three points at that. I hope we adopt a siege mentality and let’s start having a right go, the supporters aswell should adopt this mentality and back the players to the hilt !!

:lol:

good one mate

6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

:robbo: :spoton:

Tynecastlesmychurch
11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Good post. 

It would be an extra lift for the team if Tynecastle was fired up and hostile towards the opposition! 

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

5 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Good post. 

It would be an extra lift for the team if Tynecastle was fired up and hostile towards the opposition! 

As long as we stay seated tho.... 

Agree

Players too though we need to start winning games to keep the chaĺlenge up

It's kind of the attitude I have normally based on the old firm dominance of Scottish football 

Edited by Mikey1874

siegementality

Even I’ve given up. The so called “establishment club” have been shafted once to often by the establishment for my liking.

The club itself has to make a stand against dodgy decisions, highlight it at every given opportunity and back the players 100%. 

The supporters will never do that so it's pointless talking about it.

The players need to feel like they are going out on the pitch with a better than average chance of winning, not the opposite because of the woeful/cheating referees. 

It's up to Mr Levein to start taking some fines and going public with the details he will have on decisions going against us.

Difficult to adopt a “seige mentality” when some of the guys you need to rely on for it are lined up outside the castle walls driving the seige engines. ?

Inclined to think stony silence is the best response from Hearts/CL. Complaining loudly about officials seems to have gotten us nowhere. There's no solidarity as other clubs don't care until it happens to them and referees just close ranks and mete out retribution like last night.

As frustrating as it is, and I've had 40+ years of it, haranguing a ref during a match, no matter how unfair the decision, gets you nowhere and complaining afterwards just makes it worse.

Siege mentality is the only way to approach it. Fergie did it with Aberdeen. He drummed into his players that hostility will come from the Old Firm themselves, the abysmal weegie meedja and the ref will be a like a 12th man for Celtic/Rangers. 

The only thing we can do is play out of our skins against them and others. It may still not be enough, as we're not "Fergie's Aberdeen", but it still has to be more productive channelling our efforts into what we can do rather than banging our heads against the brick wall that is Scottish football. 

Edited by martoon

I think, meself that if we had a core of players who were here for more than a season we would really reap the benefits. They know what going to Ibrox/Parkhead is like. They know the decisions aren't gonna go their way. They know they're up against it before kick off. We are, pretty much constantly going to these places with a new team every season. By the time they realise what's what they're a goal or two down. We need to be in a position where we are recruiting 2 or 3 players a window, not double figures. 

Look at Bournemouth. Proper punching above their weight, one or two in and out. Scared of no-one. That's what we need to be doing IMO of course.

This winter window I'd be happy with Vanacek and a winger TBH.

Edited by Jamhammer

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I think, meself that if we had a core of players who were here for more than a season we would really reap the benefits. They know what going to Ibrox/Parkhead is like. They know the decisions aren't gonna go their way. They know they're up against it before kick off. We are, pretty much constantly going to these places with a new team every season. By the time they realise what's what they're a goal or two down. We need to be in a position where we are recruiting 2 or 3 players a window, not double figures. 

Look at Bournemouth. Proper punching above their weight, one or two in and out. Scared of no-one. That's what we need to be doing IMO of course.

This winter window I'd be happy with Vanacek and a winger TBH.

I agree, but

We had to make changes on promotion.

A ne manager came in, bought his own players. 

Said manager failed, so we cleared the decks. 

We've had no other choice but to make big changes. 

Hopefully, for the first time since promotion, we'll have the same manager and therefore will only move on fringe players and strengthen the team. 

That way you get players that-

Know each other 

The manager 

The fans

The club

Other teams 

The shite referees

Better mentality 

And then we get continuous improvement. 

Ofc, sacking CL like sone want, but undoes this and we go back to sweeping change. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

39 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I agree, but

Hopefully, for the first time since promotion, we'll have the same manager and therefore will only move on fringe players and strengthen the team. 

Know each other 

The manager 

The fans

The club

Other teams 

The shite referees

Better mentality 

Ofc, sacking CL like sone want, but undoes this and we go back to sweeping change. 

Couldn’t agree more

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, martoon said:

Inclined to think stony silence is the best response from Hearts/CL. Complaining loudly about officials seems to have gotten us nowhere. There's no solidarity as other clubs don't care until it happens to them and referees just close ranks and mete out retribution like last night.

As frustrating as it is, and I've had 40+ years of it, haranguing a ref during a match, no matter how unfair the decision, gets you nowhere and complaining afterwards just makes it worse.

Siege mentality is the only way to approach it. Fergie did it with Aberdeen. He drummed into his players that hostility will come from the Old Firm themselves, the abysmal weegie meedja and the ref will be a like a 12th man for Celtic/Rangers. 

The only thing we can do is play out of our skins against them and others. It may still not be enough, as we're not "Fergie's Aberdeen", but it still has to be more productive channelling our efforts into what we can do rather than banging our heads against the brick wall that is Scottish football. 

Fergie also had refs shit scared to give anything against them because he complained loudly and Mourinho does it too. It’s still happening, last night for example Man Utd scored an offside goal and should’ve had at least one player sent off, sound familiar. It hasn’t worked for us but I don’t think you can just keep quiet, something has to be done to improve the standards.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I agree, but

Know each other 

The manager 

The fans

The club

Other teams 

The shite referees

Better mentality 

Or you get a manager like Clarke who has hardly signed anyone and done a better job over the last year? Robbo once said as soon as you become manager the players are yours, no matter who signed them. I’m not for sacking Levein but he’s not infallible and mistakes have been made since he’s been DoF and after he’s become manager.

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or you get a manager like Clarke who has hardly signed anyone and done a better job over the last year? Robbo once said as soon as you become manager the players are yours, no matter who signed them. I’m not for sacking Levein but he’s not infallible and mistakes have been made since he’s been DoF and after he’s become manager.

Indeed. And what the posters above fail to even acknowledge is that several of our better players and arguably our best 2 players overall this season in Nasimith and Dunne aren't even our players!!! The notion that a team is being built and that we will see great continuity is idealistic but far from the truth. We are still well short of a team you would want to be keeping together, as an example the midfield is bereft of pace and quality. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Indeed. And what the posters above fail to even acknowledge is that several of our better players and arguably our best 2 players overall this season in Nasimith and Dunne aren't even our players!!! The notion that a team is being built and that we will see great continuity is idealistic but far from the truth. We are still well short of a team you would want to be keeping together, as an example the midfield is bereft of pace and quality. 

Yes indeed, after signing 18 players we are still a bit short in quite a few areas. Naismith was the reason we were top and if he doesn’t sign next summer we will have a hard job replacing him. Greg Stewart would be a great signing but might have better offers, he also may not fancy coming back considering he was let go because of his height (he’s 5’10” now) by our current head scout ?.

i wish jj was my dad

Mothy nailed it. No point trying to create a siege mentality if we continue to give comfort to the enemy. Last season 4 or 5 negative posters generated most of the material on this board creating every headline Mikey Stewart and co needed to have a pop. Only stopped when they said they wanted to lose a derby and they got rightly hounded. 

It's starting again probably with the same posters just different names. One being completely obvious to be frank.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Mothy nailed it. No point trying to create a siege mentality if we continue to give comfort to the enemy. Last season 4 or 5 negative posters generated most of the material on this board creating every headline Mikey Stewart and co needed to have a pop. Only stopped when they said they wanted to lose a derby and they got rightly hounded. 

It's starting again probably with the same posters just different names. One being completely obvious to be frank.

Who’s Frank?

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No point trying to creates siege mentality at Tynie if the board is trying to dampen down the atmosphere in an effort to become the Familiest Friendliest Club in Soccer. 

Levin nailed it in his comments today.

Uglies to do an Ajax and give up some of their European cash for VAR!!!

Great sense of humour.