Djoum

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Best player on the park tonight and has been our most consistent player for weeks even when played out of position. Can't understand the grief he is still getting, yes he had a big dip in form, but he's almost back to his best in what is currently a poor team.

Absolute Scenes

Really pleased to hear this. Great to see he was on the scoresheet again. I still stand that he is one of our best players. I watched a bit of the game and some of the passes he was able to pick out were brilliant 

He has been excellent the last couple of weeks. Really like him as a player and hope we play him in a more central role when our big guns are back

Agreed. Playing much better and definitely trying. Really trying. 

However and it is a big however the stats continue. Hearts don’t tend to win much when Djoum plays. 

37 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Best player on the park tonight and has been our most consistent player for weeks even when played out of position. Can't understand the grief he is still getting, yes he had a big dip in form, but he's almost back to his best in what is currently a poor team.

Unfortunately he goes missing in big games. But yes he has been good in other games lately.  

But but but... he’s pish. 

He’s had a torrid time with injuries and needed to get back to full fitness. He’s our best midfielder by a distance. Haring is probably the most consistent but has been toiling through this hernia. Feck knows why he’s been shunted onto the left when he’s far more effective in the middle. 

1 minute ago, old school tie said:

It's funny how players get the finger out when they are looking for a move or a new contract.

Olly Lee better get his finger out then

Because he will be punted soon 

1 minute ago, old school tie said:

It's funny how players get the finger out when they are looking for a move or a new contract.

Not really that funny, fairly normal I'd say

3 minutes ago, old school tie said:

Not so funny as an old school tie coming out with divisive comment about a motm comment?

11 minutes ago, old school tie said:

As opposed to when they are out injured for months?!? 

I am not a big AD fan simply because his undoubted ability is too often overshadowed by his lack of application! 

However, he was the best player on the park tonight.

The “lack of application” chat really is chronic. Do folk really think Levein would continually pick a player who wasn’t trying his best? 

Best player on the park by some distance tonight. The only people who don't rate Djoum are people who know nothing about football.

He also has quite a lazy running style which fools his detractors into thinking he isn't trying. Needs to get signed up as he's our best midfielder by a country mile.

He's a good player, and he's been playing pretty well since he came back. It's been a bit of a mystery to me why some haven't been seeing things this way 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Olly Lee better get his finger out then

Because he will be punted soon 

I’m questioning whether he’s good enough to play at this level. If he doesn’t  start to consistently deliver then it’ll be back down to League 2 for him come the summer. He’s had 1 great game all season. Worrying.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

1 hour ago, old school tie said:

It’s funny how players aren’t at their best when carrying niggling injuries and coming  back from snapping their heel. As folk have said, he’s continued to get better and better the fitter he gets & the more games he plays. Funny that.

One of the only players in our team who has stepped up when all our best players and leaders have been injured. 

Great to hear.  Let's stay in touch until the end of the year then get tore in next year.  The horror run of injuries and injustices wont last forever.

8 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

This

He's coming on to form at a time when we need him most.  He'll get even better as we get back to full strength.

Played well again last night along with Bosanic. Lee and Clare need to up their game and things will soon be on the up. Pish poor refereeing robbed us of the points 

Suso all over again. Ability and performances written off after an injury, classed as shite whilst recovering from injury. Once fit again and showing quality, excuses made and deflection by questioning why he wasn’t doing it when unfit. 

Marooned Abroad

Yes he went off the boil after the African Nations Cup and yes maybe he did get ahead of himself in talking up a move to England but that was long ago. 

He's had a shocking injury and we should all be glad that given time to get back to proper match fitness such a class player wants to stay. 

Best Hearts player on the park last night and arguably the same in the Rangers game.....two matches which but for incompetent refereeing he would have helped us to 3 points more than we have been landed with.

9 hours ago, Miko said:

Best player on the park by some distance tonight. The only people who don't rate Djoum are people who know nothing about football.

He also has quite a lazy running style which fools his detractors into thinking he isn't trying. Needs to get signed up as he's our best midfielder by a country mile.

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, old school tie said:

Aye. Or get better gradually after returning from an injury and getting match fitness and sharpness back. 

Hilarious stuff. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Miko said:

?

He has steadily been getting back to form this season. Ability wise easily in our top 5 best players, arguably top 3. His application under Cathro was pathetic but he wasn’t the only one. 

Good to hear he plsyed well, I do think he’s wasted out wide though. 

12 hours ago, Peebo said:

The “lack of application” chat really is chronic. Do folk really think Levein would continually pick a player who wasn’t trying his best? 

This. We have plenty of midfielders so if he wasn’t putting in the effort (which is something Levein demands) then he would not be playing.

So it is just made up nonsense from fans that say what they want to see, as opposed to reality.

A_A wehatethehibs

Top player at this level, starting to get back fit. 

I think now is the time to give him a good extension. What’s the point letting his contract run down, he is worth another year minimum with what he has given in his time here even despite the injuries, especially if he hits proper good form second half of the season we may reap the rewards. 

At his best he is a £1m player 

19 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Anything but a poor team,missing a few vital players but will only be for a short time now.

Absolute Scenes

Levein has already stayed in previous press conferences that he is a big fan of djoum so I expect he’ll be signing a new deal

Disser Pointon
36 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Anything but a poor team,missing a few vital players but will only be for a short time now.

I think you know what I meant mate, we are a shadow of what we could be due to the injuries to key players. Certainly far poorer than we would be otherwise particularly in an attacking sense.

2 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

I think you know what I meant mate, we are a shadow of what we could be due to the injuries to key players. Certainly far poorer than we would be otherwise particularly in an attacking sense.

Agree that.

No doubt he has talent but stats are poor when he is in the side . 

Goes missing when we are behind more often than not and has the heart of a sparrow . 

No coincidence he is turning up now his contract is coming up for renewal imo . 

Talented when on his game tbf but those games have been few and far between. 

Disser Pointon
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

No doubt he has talent but stats are poor when he is in the side . 

Goes missing when we are behind more often than not and has the heart of a sparrow . 

No coincidence he is turning up now his contract is coming up for renewal imo . 

Talented when on his game tbf but those games have been few and far between. 

You see this is one of the great misconceptions that I need to take issue with. Djoum does not have the heart of a sparrow, as one poster has already mentioned in this thread, he is far from a shrinking violet. He is far more committed and influential than the majority of our current midfield and if we manage to increase his contract I for one will be delighted. With the way we have recruited recently (in the main because I would admit not everyone has been a success but that is normal) and the direction the club is going I consider Arnaud to be a key player to future success.....IMO