Scottish Football is dead - Referees ( merged )

Jeff

alwaysthereinspirit
13 minutes ago, Paolo said:

“As clear as day”

That is what Berra was told by the referee when he asked him about the penalty.  

See the source image

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Seymour M Hersh

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

agree with absolutely everything he says, but in Scotland it would be like asking the Old Firm turkeys to vote for Christmas. They know they get far more than their share of "bad decisions" benefiting them - they pretend it is because of the pressure their "great" supporters exert on officials...

I have been reluctant to buy into conspiracy theories but the recent alleged comment by Madden that Morelos can sometimes be a bit silly should have resulted in an immediate explanation /interpretation of what he meant. It is reasonable that his comments could easily be construed as special treatment due to the Columbian’s idiosyncratic characteristics. No reason to disbelieve the remark and Madden should go public and refute he made the statement or explain exactly what he meant. Arguably Morelos was sent off in the next fixture for less offensive behavior. Similarly Dallas should either admit he made two huge mistakes in successive games which would at least earn him some or a little respect. I think it was Derek Ferguson on Sportsound who suggested that he thought it might have been a penalty and then wrongly made the award. For his own credibility and the justification of earning the best part of a couple of grand surely  he should elucidate why he still maintains it was a clear penalty. Won’t hold my breath.

We were absolutely shite but you can guarantee that result would've been different if it wasn't for a that shambolic red card. He was itching to give it. 

Bad enough that Bobby has to compose himself to save a penalty that shouldn't even have been given but after the ref has also had his re card out? WTF? Then Djoum clearly gets the ball by a mile but gets the red the ref was anxious to give Bobby? An absolute disgrace yet CL is already up on a charge despite being the THIRD manager to make that same statement about playing against 12 men this season!!!  Scottish football is an embarrassment, any other league would being uncouraging the underdog like the PR Leicester got in England when they won the league.

Oh and BTW Hughes should never play for us again no matter how many injured defenders we have.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, CostaJambo said:

Bad enough that Bobby has to compose himself to save a penalty that shouldn't even have been given but after the ref has also had his re card out? WTF? Then Djoum clearly gets the ball by a mile but gets the red the ref was anxious to give Bobby? An absolute disgrace yet CL is already up on a charge despite being the THIRD manager to make that same statement about playing against 12 men this season!!!  Scottish football is an embarrassment, any other league would being uncouraging the underdog like the PR Leicester got in England when they won the league.

Oh and BTW Hughes should never play for us again no matter how many injured defenders we have.

Not sure why you think it wasn't a penalty tbh. Looked it on the replay on TV. Have to say Djoum's first booking was a nonsense though. 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not sure why you think it wasn't a penalty tbh. Looked it on the replay on TV. Have to say Djoum's first booking was a nonsense though. 

I thought there was no intent in it, haven't watched it back yet though.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, CostaJambo said:

I thought there was no intent in it, haven't watched it back yet though.

Djoum's first booking or the penalty? 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Djoum's first booking or the penalty? 

The pen, just an unfortunate landing I thought. I can see why Djoum's first yellow was given even though from a Hearts perspective it was debatable but the second I thought he clearly got the ball. Haven't watched any of the flashpoints again yet so happy to stand corrected, still too shocked about how the game turned out.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, CostaJambo said:

The pen, just an unfortunate landing I thought. I can see why Djoum's first yellow was given even though from a Hearts perspective it was debatable but the second I thought he clearly got the ball. Haven't watched any of the flashpoints again yet so happy to stand corrected, still too shocked about how the game turned out.

Bobby caught the guy flush in the pus with both hands a split second after the guy had flicked the ball on. I think we'd be screaming fo ra pen tbh. It was when he pulled out the red card I nearly broke the TV but then he apparently said that was a mistake and it was just a yellow.