Scottish Football is dead - Referees ( merged )

Jeff

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874
6 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Just watched the penalty incident.

It's not incompetence it's cheating.

Games corrupt,your right pure and simple cheating.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Seymour M Hersh

• Beast Boy

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Thing about VAR is not only does it cost quite a lot to implement I would imagine but who is going to be the referee deciding the outcome from the secret location? Another ****ing Scottish referee/cheat! 

We could tender it out worldwide. Sure plenty countries could put in an affordable bid. Video room could be anywhere in the world. Just need a tv on pitch for referee to check here and perhaps a few extra cameras. 

jack D and coke

Is it just me who looks at every ref in this country and can see that none of them have played the game in their lives? The decisions they give clearly show me that they’ve never played the game. 

On another note a few years ago i was at a smoker and ex ref Kenny Clark was speaking and he was going on about refs and linesmen and he mentioned Andy Davis. Numerous stories of him being a hun prick officiating at games like it was some sort of a joke. Things like doing the line in feyenoord at a European game and feyenoord played in a green strip and how he gave them and I quote Kenny here “**** all, all night”!! I think I was the only one just not seeing the funny side of that, seething sitting there thinking about the penalty he gave against us knowing that he did deliberately give it now. 

Anybody who doesn’t believe the refs and officials in this country are twisted ***** is deluding themselves. I’m not excusing how shite we’ve played recently btw we haven’t deserved an awful lot but we got mugged out a win last night and a point on Sunday. 

I don’t know how most of us haven’t thrown the towel in at times it truly is sickening what we and other clubs have put up with over the years. 

letsalldothebeattie

It’s actually scary that something I said to the guys next to me a few months ago has pretty much come true. When we had that decent sized gap at the top of the league can’t remember what game it was but we were getting nothing from the ref that day and I said “we won’t get anything from the refs anymore this season” right enough it’s coming true, and week on week it’s becoming more and more blatantly obvious as well

Shooter McGavin

Scottish refs can’t be trusted with VAR. If they can’t even do the basics right now then I dread to think the muppets they’d look with VAR technology. 

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

Shambolic reffing decisions time after time. Are they all trying to fight for the Scottish Cup final?

Haring booked for having his hair pulled could've been the worst decision of the season so far only for the same ref to trump it moments later. 

If the referees get any worse then we're better off without them....!

Sobering to think that, despite our form drop and injuries, we could have been clear top but for a succession of bad decisions.

I don't even want to correlate the decisions - both the BIG game changing ones and the attritional, small ones over the course of a game, and their effect on form...

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Sobering to think that, despite our form drop and injuries, we could have been clear top but for a succession of bad decisions.

I don't even want to correlate the decisions - both the BIG game changing ones and the attritional, small ones over the course of a game, and their effect on form...

It's the attritional small ones that makes the players heads go down, if we think ' why the feck should I bother' it must be ten times worse for them.

16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Rather than being dismissed or ignored Hearts would be getting credit for resilience. Rather than being slagged off for being shit though that's mostly our own 'fans'. 

We need a big rethink on how we can influence decisions to go our way. Because the standard isn't improving. We have missed Naismith  helping referee games. But Berra coming back didn't even help. 

Kilmarnock seem to have done better since Clarke and Killie were in front of SFA disciplinary.

Edited by Mikey1874

Also just seen the penalty as was working last night. Absolutely disgusting decision. Coupled with his penalty on Sunday, how that **** Dallas can look himself in the mirror and call himself a referee is laughable.

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Scottish refs can’t be trusted with VAR. If they can’t even do the basics right now then I dread to think the muppets they’d look with VAR technology. 

It’s amazing when you’re looking through tinted specs what you see. I’m like you I’m not convinced VAR would help these twisted *****. Or help us I should say. 

Theyre as bent as any officials are possible to be. 

letsalldothebeattie
38 minutes ago, Section Q said:

If the referees get any worse then we're better off without them....!

What’s that thing that everyone says about refs? Without refs you won’t have the game? Let’s test that out I’m sure we’d be in for a far more enjoyable game

So to summaries: 

Celtic semi - Christie dive (soft pen), goal chopped off for offside and a retrospective ban for MacLean from a trial by sport scene. 

Hibs game - missed penalty in the first half, no Bartley red, winning goal wrongly chopped off. 

Killie game - opening goal wrongly chopped off for offside even tho the last touch came from a killie player. 

St Mirren game - goal chopped off for offside when he is clearly five yards on side. 

Rangers game - Morelos goal offside, Morelos (twice)and goldson once leave the park to celebrate gesture to the fans and no card, Morelos gestured to the crowd after pretending to be elbowed, no card. 

St Johnston game - penalty awarded for literally nothing. 

If if it’s not cheating or an agenda then it is incompetence of the highest order. 

Andrew Dallas made a huge error on Sunday and doesn’t get any retribution and is given another top flight game 3 days later where he makes another huge error. He will be given a game at the weekend as well and nothing will change. 

Steven McLean, the ref at the Rangers Aberdeen game made about 5 errors as well. The Aberdeen red is a total joke and is only awarded cause the crowd screamed for it. Cosgroves first yellow is for exactly what we seen Morelos do on Sunday, jump into the defender without looking at the ball. Morelos 2nd yellow is a straight red, doesn’t matter if he hits him hard enough to knock shinnie down or no, he basically punches him in the face. And the worst decision of the night was the fact that he didn’t show lafferty (who is useless) a second yellow for an outrageous elbow. Rangers can claim they are being harshly treated by refs all they like but just like Sunday the ref saved them again last night. Hearts on the other hand have ever right to be questioning what’s happening to us. 

2 hours ago, El Diez said:

Wish I were able to walk away from it.

There really are better and more productive things I could be doing with my time. 

One thing after another this season has led me to feeling like this bit I know deep down I won’t give it up.

This is where I am at unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Sraman said:

When we finally achieve fan ownership I hope that top of the list is obtaining copies of the 5 way agreement and the TV deal so that the new owners of our club are able to scrutinise these documents to see exactly what we have signed up to. Due diligence and all that, they couldn't refuse to provide them.

It's OK fobbing off individual owners and a lot easier for the authorities to keep them in line. We would have close on 10,000 owners, all with a right to see the relevant documentation.

Excellent post. Our fans movement could prove to be the white night the game needs

11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So to summaries: 

Celtic semi - Christie dive (soft pen), goal chopped off for offside and a retrospective ban for MacLean from a trial by sport scene. 

Hibs game - missed penalty in the first half, no Bartley red, winning goal wrongly chopped off. 

Killie game - opening goal wrongly chopped off for offside even tho the last touch came from a killie player. 

St Mirren game - goal chopped off for offside when he is clearly five yards on side. 

Rangers game - Morelos goal offside, Morelos (twice)and goldson once leave the park to celebrate gesture to the fans and no card, Morelos gestured to the crowd after pretending to be elbowed, no card. 

St Johnston game - penalty awarded for literally nothing. 

If if it’s not cheating or an agenda then it is incompetence of the highest order. 

Andrew Dallas made a huge error on Sunday and doesn’t get any retribution and is given another top flight game 3 days later where he makes another huge error. He will be given a game at the weekend as well and nothing will change. 

Steven McLean, the ref at the Rangers Aberdeen game made about 5 errors as well. The Aberdeen red is a total joke and is only awarded cause the crowd screamed for it. Cosgroves first yellow is for exactly what we seen Morelos do on Sunday, jump into the defender without looking at the ball. Morelos 2nd yellow is a straight red, doesn’t matter if he hits him hard enough to knock shinnie down or no, he basically punches him in the face. And the worst decision of the night was the fact that he didn’t show lafferty (who is useless) a second yellow for an outrageous elbow. Rangers can claim they are being harshly treated by refs all they like but just like Sunday the ref saved them again last night. Hearts on the other hand have ever right to be questioning what’s happening to us. 

Excellent post and I hope the rangers fans who snoop on this board read this.

They're absolutely deluded if they think Morelos is harshly treated!

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Andrew Dallas is referee for Livingston v St Mirren on Saturday 

Bobby Madden has Hamilton v Hibs 

Seems to that no matter now cringinging bad their performances are, the very top flight officials are completely immune from any sort of sanctions. I can't think of any other profession or job where that happens 

Pundits warning referees will go on strike if we keep criticising them. 

Good! Let them walk out. 

I am sure there are plenty European referees who would be willing to step-in.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Just watched the penalty incident.

It's not incompetence it's cheating.

No it's an honest mistake, just like this one.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Seems to that no matter now cringinging bad their performances are, the very top flight officials are completely immune from any sort of sanctions. I can't think of any other profession or job where that happens 

Problem being of course, Dallas was announced as ref on Saturday before last nights game.

Now that he’s under scrutiny, watch him ref the game differently by keeping his head down and avoiding any controversy.

By the time Monday comes, the penalty awarded against us last night will have been completely forgotten about by the powers that be.

Scottish football is a sham.

1 hour ago, Bainy said:

4 points robbed from us in the last two games that could have a massive bearing on our season.  If two decisions are made correct, two reidiculous decisions that are clear as day wrong then were joint op of the league today.  Instead were 4th place. 

Craig Levein will no doubt get punished for his comments but what about the officails who have made these ridculous decsions.  Pretty sure they get £1000 per match yet after the Rangers debacle the lines man and ref were both awarded top flight games this week. 

Im not wanting to start the conspiracy theory stuff but pretty sure its well know that bobby madden is a hun and former season ticket holder yet we seem to land this arse in plenty games we have against them. 

Everytime I watch that penalty last ngiht the decision just gets worse regardlesss of what angle its from so god knows what the refs sees that makes him think thats a penalty. 3 Rangers players clearly offside on Sunday when the ref is stadning in line with it from a deadball situation - if as a professioanl linesman you cant call that then you should be sacked like any other job we all do. 

And breath! 

p.s that penalty cost me £917 last night hence my rage this morning! 

There are two key issues here.

First, the incompetence, at best, of Scottish officials.  There can be no argument that the standard of refereeing is abysmal.  It is ruining the game.  Worse than that, I believe there is a deliberate policy of refs taking action as the result of previous games, comments made by team managers etc.  Think back to the witch hunt against all the Lithuanian players after Miko's dive.  That is corruption in operation.

Second, we have seen CEO's across industry getting the heave-ho for various reasons, basically incompetence at some level.  How then can John Fleming hold his position as head of referees?  He is running the most incompetent "business" in Britain!

The answer, of course, is that it is all wrapped up in a shroud of secrecy that would make the Bolshevik's inner sanctum seem like open government!   And you cannot separate the refs from the hopelessly incompetent people running the SFA and SPFL.  They are all in those jobs because they couldn't get a job anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Pundits warning referees will go on strike if we keep criticising them. 

Good! Let them walk out. 

I am sure there are plenty European referees who would be willing to step-in.

I actually want them to walk out.

Last time they did we imported referees and they were great!

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Incompetent clowns wouldn't know how to switch VAR on!

The Ugly Sisters are in an arms race for the CL money(one side to survive).

Also expect every dirty trick in the book to come out as Celtic near 55 Tittles, Whoever is ahead is big in their psyche.

The rest of us are beginning to get trampled in the rush towards that.

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Saturday referees were set before last night 

Be surprised if Dallas isn't in League One or Two for a couple of weeks

If not shows his decisions are being backed or assessed as simple mistakes not incompetence 

19 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Excellent post and I hope the rangers fans who snoop on this board read this.

They're absolutely deluded if they think Morelos is harshly treated!

They are the most deluded fans on planet earth. 

8 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Darrell Currie Retweeted Grant Philips

There is a lot of anger directed at our referees... well here you go, we @btsportfootball are offering the @spfl and @Sfa to trial VAR on our Live games... let’s do it? 

It won't happen but it's bringing it up for debate 

6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

There is a lot of anger directed at our referees... well here you go, we @btsportfootball are offering the @spfl and @Sfa to trial VAR on our Live games... let’s do it? 

I wonder what p**h the blazers will come out with to tell us this isn’t possible. Might be ok in games not involving their darlings, after all they  need to ref they games differently...don’t they ?

54 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Its not just a controversial decision here and there, every game every weekend, there's a wrong call.

I watched a few English games and you never noticed the referee during the match.  The current ones don't have an anti-Hearts agenda, they're just hopeless.  There's no intelligence, no common sense, no understanding of the game.  Nothing is going to change.

I am normally a mild mannered chap but when a St Johnston supporter behind me suggested that things even themselves out over the season I was uncharacteristically brusque in my response.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I'd actually be delighted with this!   Didthis not come about because poor hard done by Celtic didnt get a decision. 

No way would they even think about doing that. By the end of this week Dallas will have trousered the best part of three grand for being totally inept at a job he does as a hobby. He might be incompetent but he's not that stupid. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We could tender it out worldwide. Sure plenty countries could put in an affordable bid. Video room could be anywhere in the world. Just need a tv on pitch for referee to check here and perhaps a few extra cameras. 

Do you know this for a fact? Or is it wishful thinking. And going on history I doubt the GFA/SPiffle would ever in a million years allow such a thing let alone encourage it.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

That banging noise you hear is the sound of the steel shutters being slammed shut at Hampdump! 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do you know this for a fact? Or is it wishful thinking. And going on history I doubt the GFA/SPiffle would ever in a million years allow such a thing let alone encourage it.

The video room could be anywhere in the world. Yes that is a fact. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The video room could be anywhere in the world. Yes that is a fact. 

I realise technically it could be but what FA is going to allow a foreign ref to make these decisions and so it would not be a Scottish ref in it then? As I said a non starter as far as the GFA are concerned.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I realise technically it could be but what FA is going to allow a foreign ref to make these decisions and so it would not be a Scottish ref in it then? As I said a non starter as far as the GFA are concerned.

Yes agree.

You make a very good point. 

The incident last night had shades of Kyrgiakos.

It was incredibly similar

I personally thought it was worse. Common denominator. The name Dallas.

Also watching the sevco v sheep highlights did anyone see both sets of players hound the ref at the sheep sending off ? 

After us and hibs got charged for that by the Compliance Officer I take it she will be doing likewise ?

sweep sweep

Edited by 1971fozzy

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was watching the highlights of the Burnley Liverpool game last night and the home team had a goal like the Morelos effort ruled out right away by the assistant ref for offside which was much tighter than the yard that the newco player was allowed. 

That was the professionalism that we should expect here in Scotland considering what we are now expected to fork out to watch the game. 

Just watched last night's penalty incident. Haring must surely have done something to make the guy throw himself to the ground like that. I can't believe that even an inept ref like Dallas would give a penalty for what I saw in slow motion from three different angles, no, Haring must have done something that nobody except Dallas saw and the cameras didn't manage to pick up, it's the only logical explanation.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just watched last night's penalty incident. Haring must surely have done something to make the guy throw himself to the ground like that. I can't believe that even an inept ref like Dallas would give a penalty for what I saw in slow motion from three different angles, no, Haring must have done something that nobody except Dallas saw and the cameras didn't manage to pick up, it's the only logical explanation.

The saints player has to receive retrospective punishment for what surely is the most rediculous dive from a non Rantic player in history. Dallas must be taken off the list of whistlers until he massively improves his reading of the game. 

9 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Some have said a shirt pull

Others have responded that there is nothing

Ref just had it in for Haring 

Haring touched him on the waist before he threw himself to the deck. It was a second or so before he threw himself to the deck, and it was literally a touch. There was nothing for Dallas to see. He gave a penalty for something that he and his linesman assumed must have happened. The laws of the game state you cannot give a foul for something you have not actually seen.

Dallas is as shite at his job as his incompetent idiot of a father.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier