Scottish Football is dead - Referees ( merged )

Jeff

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Seymour M Hersh

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
34 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Can you imagine if it was Hibs getting these against them ? 

Have to say it wouldn’t be pretty.

kilmarnock doing amazing. Que the agenda turning on them ASAP.  They will be in their corrupt sights sure as night follows day

I was thinking that about Killie but they actually had a run of bad decisions already early in the season.  I think they can expect another one if they stay up there.

Jambo, Goodbye

I often wonder how many supporters are driven away from our game from the shocking standards that regularly ruin a good game of football. 

As a sport, it's an expensive form of entertainment which, week after week, just leaves many feeling angry, frustrated, stressed and cheated out of seeing an entertaining game. 

I miss watching Hearts play but I don't miss shelling out 100's of pounds a season, only to sit and be pissed off for 90 minutes because the man in black is incompetent to the point he is lowering the standard of the actual match, or inadvertently influencing the outcome. 

Other leagues have their refereeing mares, but I never see it on such a constant basis as we see it in Scottish football. 

It may sound melodramatic, but these refs could potentially be costing our game millions of pounds in lost revenue, such is the huge feeling of apathy they constantly generate amongst supporters and TV viewers, maybe even sponsors.  

Just watched that on Alba and, yet again, an absolutely atrocious decision by the Specsavers tube in the middle.

Never a penalty in a million years.  The St J player should be cited for simulation.

St J MotM asked about the penalty, "I couldn't say!"  Speaks volumes!

I suppose that's what you get for bothering Reichsbanfuhrer Herman Fleming!

3 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I often wonder how many supporters are driven away from our game from the shocking standards that regularly ruin a good game of football. 

As a sport, it's an expensive form of entertainment which, week after week, just leaves many feeling angry, frustrated, stressed and cheated out of seeing an entertaining game. 

I miss watching Hearts play but I don't miss shelling out 100's of pounds a season, only to sit and be pissed off for 90 minutes because the man in black is incompetent to the point he is lowering the standard of the actual match, or inadvertently influencing the outcome. 

Other leagues have their refereeing mares, but I never see it on such a constant basis as we see it in Scottish football. 

It may sound melodramatic, but these refs could potentially be costing our game millions of pounds in lost revenue, such is the huge feeling of apathy they constantly generate amongst supporters and TV viewers, maybe even sponsors.  

I am a hundred mile round trip every home game and I must say that I will seriously consider not going if Madden referees. It’s that bad

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Just watched that on Alba and, yet again, an absolutely atrocious decision by the Specsavers tube in the middle.

Never a penalty in a million years.  The St J player should be cited for simulation.

I didn’t think he dived just miskicked fresh air and fell on his arse, though I may be wrong. 

Right now, en masse, ref after ref are shining a light on how disgracefully bad they all are. It's so bad, I struggle to see how it can be swept under the carpet - and if I were the 10 non-OF clubs, I'd be getting together, highlighting it and demanding change.

But of course, they won't.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

I didn’t think he dived just miskicked fresh air and fell on his arse, though I may be wrong. 

He went down like a sack of spuds - with arms and legs flailing!

Surprised he didn't take off.

7 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Just finished watching Alba as I could not make it tonight.  That was a game I would normally go to, but I sat and was grateful that I didn't.  Another absolutely ridiculous refereeing decision has cost us points, hard on the heels of a refereeing decision that cost us another point.  The game is absolutely shot to ****.   

siegementality
The following has been sent to the appropriate footballing authorities:-

Good evening, as a Hearts supporter you’ll be happy to know that the incompetent/ corrupt referring of the St Johnstone V Hearts game has been the final nail in the coffin as far as I/any of my immediate family is concerned in relation to attending Scottish football matches outwith Tynecastle. Hopefully our empty seats in grounds throughout Scotland will show Scottish football up for the corrupt and farcical circus that it is.

The good news for Hearts - although not the SPFL - is that we - although only three of us - have decided that rather than attend away games in future we will instead increase our donations to the Foundation of Hearts. Thus making Hearts grow stronger.

We’ll not be attending cup games of any description, again preferring to donate our ticket monies directly to Hearts. Indeed, if HMFC decide to introduce a delivery service in relation to foodstuffs and merchandise , etc, we will happily ensure the club does not miss out on this revenue as we sit in the nearest bar (only as such time as the Fans Bar at Tynecastle is open) while we partake in the services offered while any away games/cup games are ongoing.

While Scottish football is undoubtably a joke, my immediate family and I will ensure that Hearts beat strong, despite the best efforts of the SPFL/SPL to ensure the heartbeat dies.

Regards
Edited by siegementality

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I wondered about that but he claimed straight away

alwaysthereinspirit
59 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Decisions have gone against us the last couple of weeks but performances have not been good enough In my opinion, it's disappointing as me might have took the three points tonight but honestly on the balance of play a draw was probably fair. 

Decisions will also go for us this season so I'm more concerned about us getting back on form rather that moaning about referees because our season is far from over yet.

Are you saying that playing poor means you can’t expect officials to do their job?

what a load of crap.

After the last 2 games that's it for me. Not wasting time and money on it any more. Totally fed up with it and need a break away for a while. It is not a level playing field and there seems little point.

Penalty aside, what about Berra’s booking? And Shaugnessy’s desperate lunge to clear a hospital ball resulting in HIM colliding with Clare resulting in a booking for Clare???

I’m more concerned about Berra’s though, because a couple of those for a centre back can contribute to a ban. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Loved it when we played them in the Texaco, always give a warm welcome! Definitely the most friendly club in the EPL!!

Context!

siegementality
29 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

That’s where me and mine are. Frankly I’m sick of it. 

Edited by siegementality

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Collum might be keen to show he is a good ref

Collum will tow the party line as instructed by his employers.

Motherwell win via a penalty and a red for HMFC. As someone has mentioned time to check out the odds at the bookies.

39 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Are you saying that playing poor means you can’t expect officials to do their job?

what a load of crap.

That clearly is not what he's saying.

I see Cosgrove got sent off for a second yellow for winning the ball. Rangers were 1 down, the refs doing their best to help them out as usual. 

Celtic scores a perfectly good goal to be fair and looked like the Motherwell player fouled Tierney in the lead up to the equaliser.

lafferty should of seen red and as for that cretin Morelos , that was a straight red all day long and he only got a 2nd yellow .

cosgroves 2nd yellow was a disgrace

The baw's burst...sometimes I wish we would just give Glasgow the privilege of being Scotland's capital... all of a sudden the gruesome would lose their impetus. 

Sort of like when you go a week without ejaculating... Then the moment after the vinegar shot, where all the anger/stress/paranoia etc just flows from your soul... 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Homme said:

More and more leagues are using VAR now than ever.

Why not in Scotland?;

Thing about VAR is not only does it cost quite a lot to implement I would imagine but who is going to be the referee deciding the outcome from the secret location? Another ****ing Scottish referee/cheat! 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Bullshit

We couldn’t afford to make stadia all seated - it happened.

We can afford VAR.

Dont buy into the utter shire that is spoken in society these days.

That's probably correct Jammy but the GFA/SPiffle will use that as a reason not to implement it. 

8 hours ago, Homme said:

Why not in Scotland?;

Will make zero difference.   The same corrupt officials will decide when to use it, and once used, what the final decision is.   

Regardless, if a ref needs it for the Sunday decision, and last nights, they are not fit to do the job. 

8 hours ago, Homme said:

Why not in Scotland?;

Because it will show the true reality of our shocking officials. 

queensferryjambo

Just saw the penalty from last night on the BBC. I have seen some pretty bad decisions this season but that is absolutely tragic.

2 points stolen from the famous last night - along with possibly 3 in the Kilmarnock game (Maclean disallowed goal at 0-0) and 1 in the Rangers game (Morelos offside).

We WOULD be sitting top of the table right now had it not been for those 3 poor decisions alone.

Taking money off punters who are paying to watch a competition that is rigged. It’s like professional wrestling. ?

7 hours ago, siegementality said:
The following has been sent to the appropriate footballing authorities:-

Good evening, as a Hearts supporter you’ll be happy to know that the incompetent/ corrupt referring of the St Johnstone V Hearts game has been the final nail in the coffin as far as I/any of my immediate family is concerned in relation to attending Scottish football matches outwith Tynecastle. Hopefully our empty seats in grounds throughout Scotland will show Scottish football up for the corrupt and farcical circus that it is.

The good news for Hearts - although not the SPFL - is that we - although only three of us - have decided that rather than attend away games in future we will instead increase our donations to the Foundation of Hearts. Thus making Hearts grow stronger.

We’ll not be attending cup games of any description, again preferring to donate our ticket monies directly to Hearts. Indeed, if HMFC decide to introduce a delivery service in relation to foodstuffs and merchandise , etc, we will happily ensure the club does not miss out on this revenue as we sit in the nearest bar (only as such time as the Fans Bar at Tynecastle is open) while we partake in the services offered while any away games/cup games are ongoing.

While Scottish football is undoubtably a joke, my immediate family and I will ensure that Hearts beat strong, despite the best efforts of the SPFL/SPL to ensure the heartbeat dies.

Regards

An understandable reaction and I like the bit where instead of attending away games the monies are given over to FoH. If we all did that it would very quickly be noticed by other clubs as the would be missing 1000 + away fans and the money we spend.

10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Taking money off punters who are paying to watch a competition that is rigged. It’s like professional wrestling. ?

I’ve made this comparison before.  Remember watching wrestling when I was wee and the bad guys would always get away with stuff behind the refs back that the good guys would get disqualified for.  Our game has turned into a WWF pantomime.

About time they went on strike again so we can get some proper refs in.

Scotland using VAR wouldn’t work as those reviewing would still be corrupt, useless and incompetent. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Deciding penalty vs Celtic in cup game. A dive

Goal chopped off and Bartley no red card. Vs hibs

st mirren. Player should have been red carded. 

Kilmarnock goal chopped off. 

Rangers game. Offside goal stands and Morelos completely unbookable.

rediculous penalty decision ca st Johnstone. 

Six games where key decisions have materially influenced the game and all gone against us and all incorrect. 

Will the press highlight, I’ll not hold my breath .....

angry and frustrated doesn’t even cover it .

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’ve made this comparison before.  Remember watching wrestling when I was wee and the bad guys would always get away with stuff behind the refs back that the good guys would get disqualified for.  Our game has turned into a WWF pantomime.

About time they went on strike again so we can get some proper refs in.

At least with wrestling, the people who pay to watch it know it’s a fixed result before they tune in. It’s worse for us, we pay money to watch a competition that does not exist.

Wish I were able to walk away from it.

There really are better and more productive things I could be doing with my time. 

One thing after another this season has led me to feeling like this bit I know deep down I won’t give it up.

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

And yet we still have people coming on here saying those that complain we are given a raw deal are paranoid.

Hooped demons etc.

30 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Deciding penalty vs Celtic in cup game. A dive

Goal chopped off and Bartley no red card. Vs hibs

st mirren. Player should have been red carded. 

Kilmarnock goal chopped off. 

Rangers game. Offside goal stands and Morelos completely unbookable.

rediculous penalty decision ca st Johnstone. 

Six games where key decisions have materially influenced the game and all gone against us and all incorrect. 

Will the press highlight, I’ll not hold my breath .....

angry and frustrated doesn’t even cover it .

Lets also not forget in the st mirren game we scored with 10 minutes to go and would have had all the momentum against the worst team in the league bereft of confidence. Incredible. I'll calm down by Saturday, but at the moment i'm wondering why i travel up from London every week and spend hundreds/thousands of pounds a season to watch a competition that is allowed to be like this.

If it wasn't for Hearts I wouldn't give the whole thing a second glance.

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

He went down like a sack of spuds - with arms and legs flailing!

Surprised he didn't take off.

This.  As clear a case of simulation as you will ever see.  I won't hold my breath hoping that the compliance officer will cite him though. It's not the Old Firm that have been cheated.

6 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Lets also not forget in the st mirren game we scored with 10 minutes to go and would have had all the momentum against the worst team in the league bereft of confidence. Incredible. I'll calm down by Saturday, but at the moment i'm wondering why i travel up from London every week and spend hundreds/thousands of pounds a season to watch a competition that is allowed to be like this.

If it wasn't for Hearts I wouldn't give the whole thing a second glance.

100% agree ! I’d forgotten the other good goal we had chopped off (lost count) 

Not just the goals, the whole momentum of the game - especially Morelos lining up Berra for every header after flooring him and no booking 

sick of it 

This all takes me back to when Romanov came in.  We were a real threat to OF dominance and pretty soon the decisions started going against us.

The game at ER when we lost our unbeaten record was a shocker.  Underhill, I think, was referee and game was a joke. Then there was the New Year farce against Celtic.

I have a Season Ticket and love going with my son.  I would not be going otherwise.  Sunday was a disgrace and I await with baited breath the StJ player being cited by the Compliance Officer.

There are a number of steps that would need to happen before we would see any kind of change in the standard of officiating!

An equal distribution of category one referees from the 12 referee associations, rather than almost all from the 4 west coast associations

The removal of John Fleming, he does nothing to improve referees, only hides their mistakes

The role of the Compliance officer needs to be split into 2 roles with the current incumbent dealing only with the legal side (unregistered players, clubs going into admin etc) and a second ‘match incident’ compliance officer with a football background recruited. 

The new ‘match day’ compliance officer should be contactable by the clubs immediately after a game and any incidents reported should be done so before ‘trail by sportscene’ with clubs notified of anything being referred to the disciplinary panel prior to match highlights being shown. The remit of the match day officer should also include the right to demote referees for poor performances.

Of course none of the above will ever happen!

IF that penalty had been awarded against any of the two OF teams in say a euro comp game the back pages would be covered with headlines castigating the ref involved. The penalty awarded last night was not done so by accident in my opinion. For whatever reason Hearts are being lent on by the powers that be. It could be that they see that together with the contribution of the supporters and some good management by Ms Budge they are about to be very potent threat to the status quo... and they don't like it!

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Just watched it myself but one question has to be asked here, why did the linesman not have a word, hes as big a 

cheat as the clown ref who was right in front of the incident that never was.

4 points robbed from us in the last two games that could have a massive bearing on our season.  If two decisions are made correct, two reidiculous decisions that are clear as day wrong then were joint op of the league today.  Instead were 4th place. 

Craig Levein will no doubt get punished for his comments but what about the officails who have made these ridculous decsions.  Pretty sure they get £1000 per match yet after the Rangers debacle the lines man and ref were both awarded top flight games this week. 

Im not wanting to start the conspiracy theory stuff but pretty sure its well know that bobby madden is a hun and former season ticket holder yet we seem to land this arse in plenty games we have against them. 

Everytime I watch that penalty last ngiht the decision just gets worse regardlesss of what angle its from so god knows what the refs sees that makes him think thats a penalty. 3 Rangers players clearly offside on Sunday when the ref is stadning in line with it from a deadball situation - if as a professioanl linesman you cant call that then you should be sacked like any other job we all do. 

And breath! 

p.s that penalty cost me £917 last night hence my rage this morning! 

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Just watched it myself but one question has to be asked here, why did the linesman not have a word, hes as big a 

cheat as the clown ref who was right in front of the incident that never was.

Why would the linesman have a word. He's read the script as well. 

Or do you mean a "well done ref" type of word?