Jump to content
*JKB Christmas Cracker 2018 is underway!* 12 days of prizes. Don't forget to renew your subs if you want to take part... PM admin if you need help. Read more... ×
Sir Gio

Special attention

Recommended Posts

Sir Gio

Collum on Saturday with Beaton 4th official. 

 

If I was cynical or suspicious I'd say we are being wound up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

Odds on Craig getting sent to stand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Collum on Saturday with Beaton 4th official. 

 

If I was cynical or suspicious I'd say we are being wound up 

Which referees would we want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunks

Collum has been fine this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JyTees

Collum as bad as he is, probably the best we could hope for.

 

Beaton on the other hand. I hope Craig chins him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfcbilly
17 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Collum as bad as he is, probably the best we could hope for.

 

Beaton on the other hand. I hope Craig chins him!

The irony of this comment....who would've thought 2 years ago we would be saying or thinking like this about oor wullie?!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs

Some Hearts fans have completely lost the plot. Talk about paranoid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigAlim

Madden, Collum, Beaton, the axis of limelight grabbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Some Hearts fans have completely lost the plot. Talk about paranoid. 

Not paranoid mate the league has been in need of decent referees who don't shat it when it comes to big decisions and are fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not paranoid mate the league has been in need of decent referees who don't shat it when it comes to big decisions and are fair.

 

Maybe so. However I'd prefer if we saw Hearts teams that don't routinely shit it when it matters before worrying about the referees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo

I hope Levein completely ignores the ref and sets up a side fully intent on winning. That includes getting as many players as possible into opposition area, in stark contrast to Sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
11 minutes ago, magicTs said:

 

Maybe so. However I'd prefer if we saw Hearts teams that don't routinely shit it when it matters before worrying about the referees.

Agree we should have more belief as a team at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
13 minutes ago, magicTs said:

 

Maybe so. However I'd prefer if we saw Hearts teams that don't routinely shit it when it matters before worrying about the referees.

Could probably count on one hand the number of really big games we've won since promotion. Many will point to to the 4-0 game against Celtic last season. That was basically a freak result when considered in the context of our season.  

 

There haven't been many. Very few in last 18 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier

Good to see the Haynes Manual Mourinhos are here to offer Mr Levein the benefit of their vast managerial experience. :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FERRY HEARTS

Were stating to sound like selik k  o the past 

if our team play the football we know they can  Refs don’t matter  HHGH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mscjambo

Referees generally aren't the issue. Madden and his crew were awful on Sunday, but we can't turn paranoid and assume their is a conspiracy against us. 

 

If that was the case we would be left with no refs.

 

Can't be paranoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paolo
8 hours ago, Dunks said:

Collum has been fine this season.

He is a lot better than he was.  Along as Celtic are not involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Which referees would we want?

One that was previously trained in England, and not a supporter of any scottish club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

One that was previously trained in England, and not a supporter of any scottish club.

That would be a different approach from any other European country then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That would be a different approach from any other European country then. 

 

Think that’s what is needed, a different approach because we have a different problem. A different pair of problems one green one blue.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl

.

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Collum on Saturday with Beaton 4th official. 

 

If I was cynical or suspicious I'd say we are being wound up 

 

Stands to reason.

Beaton comes from Motherwell and Collum from Carfin, a couple of miles away.

I think they're coming through on the team bus.

We've just had Madden from E. Kilbride against Rangers, Thomson from Paisley against St Mirren and now these two jokers officiate their local team.

At least tonight Dallas will be geographically neutral as there are no refs from Perth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

.

Stands to reason.

Beaton comes from Motherwell and Collum from Carfin, a couple of miles away.

I think they're coming through on the team bus.

We've just had Madden from E. Kilbride against Rangers, Thomson from Paisley against St Mirren and now these two jokers officiate their local team.

At least tonight Dallas will be geographically neutral as there are no refs from Perth.

That explains out inept performances in those matches. There was me thinking it was down to the players and the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That explains out inept performances in those matches. There was me thinking it was down to the players and the manager.

Has anyone said that explains our inept performances?

Whether we played well or not is irrelevant.  Fact is Rangers got every decision going and but for a clearly offside goal on Sunday the result might have been different.  I think you're trying to create a separate agenda which has been covered many times on other threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That explains out inept performances in those matches. There was me thinking it was down to the players and the manager.

 

How are we spelling Rudi these days. Capital R or small r ?:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

The difference this week, quite unusual, on a Saturday afternoon to get not one of these "top" referees but 2.

 

That's not paranoia, that's unusual. I am wondering why that would be. You would think a "top" referee like Beaton would have his own game.

 

I'm certain there will be a logical explanation. Craig Levein to blame of course :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oliver Twist

Why don't we start handing out Brown envelopes as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
26 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Why don't we start handing out Brown envelopes as well? 

f you google Madden you'll see he must have got several from Hector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomaso

As long as we are not playing Celtic, Collum has been fine.  Get the feeling we may get some 'involvement' from Beaton on the touchline.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That would be a different approach from any other European country then. 

 

People wouldn’t expect an English referee to referee an England game. Because they can’t possibly be impartial. 

 

There’s an argument that the same could be said about referees from within the G postcode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

 

People wouldn’t expect an English referee to referee an England game. Because they can’t possibly be impartial. 

 

There’s an argument that the same could be said about referees from within the G postcode. 

Where does it end though? In a league setup all games generally impact all teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Where does it end though? In a league setup all games generally impact all teams. 

 

Someone made the point to me at work that the linesman on Sunday chested three teams. Hearts, Celtic and Kilmarnock. 

 

Look at the outrage down south when Altrincham based referee Anthony Taylor was awarded the Manchester derby, despite his family being United supporters. “There’s no way he can be impartial” they cried. Or Kevin Friend being from near Leicester, officiating a game that could have an impact on Leicester winning the league. “Conflict of interest!” were the claims. 

 

Both the commonplace in Scotland. A referee who would regularly attend Rangers matches as a supporter was given charge of a game that would send them top of the league with a win. 

 

Where does it all end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomaso
18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Collum on Saturday with Beaton 4th official. 

 

If I was cynical or suspicious I'd say we are being wound up 

 

Thought you said threads on referees were pointless SG?

Edited by Thomaso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
17 hours ago, Dunks said:

Collum has been fine this season.

Apart from that horrendous penalty he awarded against us last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Why don't we start handing out Brown envelopes as well? 

 

**** that, stationary won’t buy us shit. Let’s use money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
16 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

I hope Levein completely ignores the ref and sets up a side fully intent on winning. That includes getting as many players as possible into opposition area, in stark contrast to Sunday 

Which players should he pick to do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunks
40 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Apart from that horrendous penalty he awarded against us last time.

 

It's all relative ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Which players should he pick to do that?

 

Not fair asking him this before the game. Wait until after the match and then he will have more data to form his opinion. 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
58 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Not fair asking him this before the game. Wait until after the match and then he will have more data to form his opinion. 🙃

That's pitiful mate. Absolutely pitiful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
4 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

That's pitiful mate. Absolutely pitiful 

 

Calm down Mr T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Calm down Mr T.

What does that mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

 

Thought you said threads on referees were pointless SG?

Normally yes. Collum and Beaton tag team seems a bit different though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
21 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

That's pitiful mate. Absolutely pitiful 

But true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But true!

He needs to explain his last remark 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
2 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

He needs to explain his last remark 

I think you need to answer this question

 

 

Which players should he pick to do that?

 

If you had answered it instead of cowardly trying to  change the issue, he probably wouldn't have made his innocent statement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you need to answer this question

 

 

Which players should he pick to do that?

 

If you had answered it instead of cowardly trying to  change the issue, he probably wouldn't have made his innocent statement.

 

What was his "innocent statement"? 

 

I should add that I hadn't seen your post before his 

 

I want him to explain his comment 

Edited by EastSideJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum

I see deflection by victim card.

 

How very tiresome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
34 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

What was his "innocent statement"? 

 

I should add that I hadn't seen your post before his 

 

I want him to explain his comment 

I'm sure he will explain after you answer the question but I caution everyone not to hold his/her breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo
Just now, JamboAl said:

I'm sure he will explain after you answer the question but I caution everyone not to hold his/her breath.

I think he should explain his comment. Sooner rather than later preferably 

 

No victim card here. Just looking for an explanation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum

I'm gonna hazard at..

 

Someone says ''pitiful''.

Another poster turns that into ''pity the fool'', a classic by Mr T.

 

Someone gets offended.

 

And this game of, ''nah, I'm not saying what I meant until he does'' is ****** juvenile. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Calm down Mr T.

 

2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

What does that mean?

 

2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

He needs to explain his last remark 

 

Quote from Google:

 

"Although his role in Rocky III was originally intended as just a few lines, Mr. T was eventually cast as Clubber Lang, the primary antagonist. His catchphrase "I pity the fool!" comes from the film; when asked if he hates Rocky, Lang replies, "No, I don'hate Balboa, but I pity the fool."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×