Empty seats

Lfhearts

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If more people offer seats for resale, and attendances are measured as tickets sold, does that mean we may get attendances greater than the maximum number of seats? :berra:

I don't think so - I'd guess they don't count the sales twice for the purpose of attendance figures - I would think it is 'how many of the seats have been sold' rather than 'how many tickets have been sold'.

it would be good if at some point the club could issue a simple explanation of all this as it would save endless repetitive questions, guesses and circular discussions here on kickback

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• scott herbertson

• Thomaso

28 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I don't think so - I'd guess they don't count the sales twice for the purpose of attendance figures - I would think it is 'how many of the seats have been sold' rather than 'how many tickets have been sold'.

it would be good if at some point the club could issue a simple explanation of all this as it would save endless repetitive questions, guesses and circular discussions here on kickback

And we lose hours of fun? ??‍♂️

Regularly, there are a lot of people standing at the back of the Main Stand. Are they people with seats in the back row or is there space for them to stand behind the back row? If the latter, then they have presumably bought seats elsewhere but moved to the back in order to stand.

Two seats beside me have been vacant at every game this season except the Hibs match. The woman next to me at that game said that they were her father's season ticket seats but didn't explain why he'd not been to a game.

They were briefly  occupied by 2 women and a baby at an earlier match but the baby wouldn't stop crying and they left after 10-15 minutes.

18 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Club does all right out of me.

Delighted to hear it.

I have a category B ticket so don't get Rangers2012, Smeltic or Hibs games which suits me fine. Mate of mine has a Wheatfield ticket but couldn't go, asked 4 or maybe it was 5 Jambos if they wanted his ticket free of charge, no-one took it. Various reasons, through in Livingston xmas shopping, visiting family,  Two said something like "no point we won't win" reason A - Rangers are on form,  reason B, Madden's in charge and another, can't remember, possibly "nah, yir a'right!" I was getting a bit...light-heided wi' beer by then.

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I have a category B ticket so don't get Rangers2012, Smeltic or Hibs games which suits me fine. Mate of mine has a Wheatfield ticket but couldn't go, asked 4 or maybe it was 5 Jambos if they wanted his ticket free of charge, no-one took it. Various reasons, through in Livingston xmas shopping, visiting family,  Two said something like "no point we won't win" reason A - Rangers are on form,  reason B, Madden's in charge and another, can't remember, possibly "nah, yir a'right!" I was getting a bit...light-heided wi' beer by then.

Why don't you go to the Cat A games?

Not having a go, it's your choice.

I just find it strange that someone who obviously supports the club by buying an ST would choose not to attend arguably our biggest games

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I just find it strange that someone who obviously supports the club by buying an ST would choose not to attend arguably our biggest games

Not answering on his behalf but those games are always on tv and always rescheduled away from Saturday 3pm. 

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:15, The Treasurer said:

Purely for the fact that I don't like certain kick-off times and also because I dislike fans of Rangers2012 and the former club Glasgow Rangers, along with the other cheek of the same arse, Smeltic singing bigoted bile at my football club. I dislike Rankgers singing GSTQ, RB and the Irish pish that is spouted out of the other lots gobs, especially when they call us "wee huns", we don't get that from anyone else so why should we have to put up with it? The SFA won't do anything so i'd rather not have to listen to it especially if there's kids around. I also can't stand Hibs as a club so I avoid as many of those games as possible. Add to the fact that there's always dodgy decisions awarded to the old squirm when they visit. I'm not really a Levein fan but he was spot on with his comments at the weekend but it's nothing I haven't seen since the eighties when I was a teen. These games are usually on the tv, I rarely watch them even then, until I find out what the score is, then i'll either delete or watch the game without losing the rag. Plus I save a fair bit of cash with a category B ticket.

Edited by jambonian

The Treasurer
45 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Purely for the fact that I don't like certain kick-off times and also because I dislike fans of Rangers2012 and the former club Glasgow Rangers, along with the other cheek of the same arse, Smeltic singing bigoted bile at my football club. I dislike Rankgers singing GSTQ, RB and the Irish pish that is spouted out of the other lots gobs, especially when they call us "wee huns", we don't get that from anyone else so why should we have to put up with it? The SFA won't do anything so i'd rather not have to listen to it especially if there's kids around. I also can't stand Hibs as a club so I avoid as many of those games as possible. Add to the fact that there's always dodgy decisions awarded to the old squirm when they visit. I'm not really a Levein fan but he was spot on with his comments at the weekend but it's nothing I haven't seen since the eighties when I was a teen. These games are usually on the tv, I rarely watch them even then, until I find out what the score is, then i'll either delete or watch the game without losing the rag. Plus I save a fair bit of cash with a category B ticket.

I understand your reasons but for me, I want to watch my team play, and I'm certainly not going to allow that scum to stop me doing so.

Seymour M Hersh

I'd imagine there are any number of legitimate reasons for folk not making it.

12noon on a Sunday.

At Church

Visiting relatives

Unwell

Travel plans goosed due to resin 1

Don't like attending when the arse cheeks are in town

On holiday

And many more I would imagine.

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I understand your reasons but for me, I want to watch my team play, and I'm certainly not going to allow that scum to stop me doing so.

And that's fair enough, I get that. I've watched these games since the eighties and had my fill of their glory-hunting supporters and their bile. Even more so now that there's young grandkids in my life. I can't wait to take them to see the famous when they're a bit older but won't subject them to that lots' bitterness and bile.

The Treasurer
45 minutes ago, jambonian said:

And that's fair enough, I get that. I've watched these games since the eighties and had my fill of their glory-hunting supporters and their bile. Even more so now that there's young grandkids in my life. I can't wait to take them to see the famous when they're a bit older but won't subject them to that lots' bitterness and bile.

Good to know you're teaching the next generation to follow in your footsteps :thumb:

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

12noon on a Sunday.

At Church

Visiting relatives

Unwell

On holiday

:rofl: 

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

12noon on a Sunday.

At Church

Visiting relatives

Unwell

On holiday

At the end of the day, if our form hadn't dipped as badly (mainly due to key players getting injured), there would have been a lot less empty seats.

I was concerned last season at the empty seats, but a major squad overhaul has given me a very optimistic view to our future.