Empty seats

Lfhearts

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Jesus now am a Hibs fan FFS, if folk believe the official attendance fair enough, am not that bothered.As we are a business I think she should be concerned okay peeps.

So if we take away the non attending ST holders

there was still 15500 Hearts fans there yesterday. Not bad for a 12.00 KO in the middle of a poor run of results and performances. 

The fact is the club sold all the tickets available to the home support.

If you are a Hibs fan at the wind up you will be aware of the masses of green seats on show every game at ER while still claiming crowds of 17k.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• scott herbertson

• Thomaso

32 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

From Hearts twitter: Official attendance: 19,429 with 3,777 away fans. Thank you for your support.

Didn't think the Roseburn stand held that much, maybe a error?

Always thought it was 3500.

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I was in my bed unwell yesterday so I account for two. A Sunday at 12 ko isn’t particularly appealing either. 

You must have the same debilitating disease as my brother which accounts for why he didn't go.

Some folk at work.

Holiday.

Sick.

Dead.

Prior family arrangements.

Car breakdown on way.

Watching on tv rather than travel from (e.g.) Ayr, Aberdeen, London.

Christmas Shopping with wife, boyfriend, bidey-in.

Will these do for starters 

scott herbertson
18 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Some folk at work.

Holiday.

Sick.

Dead.

Car breakdown on way.

The Dead could surely get the tickets held back for 'walk ups'?

If that cock sucker madden gets another game then expect less there including me. I will not attend another game at home he is in control of 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Some folk at work.

Holiday.

Sick.

Dead.

Car breakdown on way.

Or looking at who the ref is.  He had previous.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I was in my bed unwell yesterday so I account for two. A Sunday at 12 ko isn’t particularly appealing either. 

12 o'clock kick off times are a slap to the people who go to games.

It's something imo all fans should boycott

5 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Hundreds of them in Wheat field plus a lot in new stand Ms Budge would be better spending her time investigating why these fans are not turning up.

Pathetic .

How many other usernames do you actually have.

4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Jesus now am a Hibs fan FFS, if folk believe the official attendance fair enough, am not that bothered.As we are a business I think she should be concerned okay peeps.

Peeps.

?

4 hours ago, old school tie said:

What is the official capacity of Tynecastle now?

Half a million.

Hopefully we can cut the old firm allocation.

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

From Hearts twitter: Official attendance: 19,429 with 3,777 away fans. Thank you for your support.

Didn't think the Roseburn stand held that much, maybe a error?

I don't think it holds that much.

Maybe it was 3,477 as a mis-type or they included hospitality sales (although highly doubt 300 Rangers fans were in hospitality).

Edited by heartsfc_fan

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not so bad

Much greater number of empty seats 5/10 minutes to go when we were still trying to get something from game. 

Is that what we were doing? Don't think McGregor had to put a knee on the grass in the second half.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, old school tie said:

What is the official capacity of Tynecastle now?

I don't think there has ever been an update from the claimed 20099  after the building of the new stand.

It looks like the effective capacity is about 500 to 600 lower.

The various nibbles at seats (TV studio, Wheatfield tunnel, etc don't seem to amount to as much of a shortfall as that.

6 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Why? We've sold the tickets and got the cash. 

If anything, as we're a business she should be applauded for managing to sell tickets to people who won't always use them

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I don't think it holds that much.

Maybe it was 3,477 as a mis-type or they included hospitality sales (although highly doubt 300 Rangers fans were in hospitality).

Maybe they counted in the wee bams in G and N who act like Rangers fans.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why? We've sold the tickets and got the cash. 

If anything, as we're a business she should be applauded for managing to sell tickets to people who won't always use them

Some of the seats have been sold twice.

Extra cash .

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Hundreds of them in Wheat field plus a lot in new stand Ms Budge would be better spending her time investigating why these fans are not turning up.

My great nephew was playing his last game of the year yesterday, variety of reasons why people can’t make a 12pm ko on a Sunday.

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not so bad

Much greater number of empty seats 5/10 minutes to go when we were still trying to get something from game. 

This 

18 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Is that right aye.

12:00 kick off, on a Sunday, game televised.

The attendance was excellent.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Is that right aye.

12:00 kick off, on a Sunday, game televised.

The attendance was excellent.

This.

The Gorgie suite seats looked full and from watching the highlights I couldn't see many empty seats in the upper Main so these hospitality seats were presumably sold.

15 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Always thought it was 3500.

There are at least a couple of hundred wannabe huns in sections N/G. They may have included them in their count.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, luckydug said:

Some of the seats have been sold twice.

Extra cash .

More could be sold twice if we gave an incentive to ST holders to release seats.

There were also a few unexplained gaps, near the front by the police box for example. I don't think they were sold as STs.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

More could be sold twice if we gave an incentive to ST holders to release seats.

There were also a few unexplained gaps, near the front by the police box for example. I don't think they were sold as STs.

Not sure these are actually on sale yet. 

jambogirlglasgow
20 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I doubt she’ll be too concerned about what you think she should be concerned about. Too busy running the club. 

When the game is a sell out there is no good reason to have as many empty seats. I couldn't make a game last season so i just phoned the ticket office gave them my details and they sold my seat.....no problem. This lets a fan get a seat and gives Hearts a few quid. One phone call and everyone wins.

Edited by mitch41

Zippyisajambo
22 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

was ill . sunday 12. on tv. had it not been on tv  i may have coughed and wheezed my way to the wheatfield

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't want an incentive all i care about is helping fellow fans and Hearts.

I buy a season ticket, I rarely use it! What’s the problem?

When Hearts officially request STs are returned / released for re-sale I oblige, to the best of my knowledge that has only happened once, Christmas 2016.

I buy a season ticket to back the club financially and also know I can turn up watch a game whenever I want!!

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I don't want an incentive all i care about is helping fellow fans and Hearts.

It is clear many are are not so caring as you. Maybe the club could recognise that reality.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

It is clear many are are not so caring as you. Maybe the club could recognise that reality.

I don't need recognition - it is enough for me to know that I am helping my Club in anyway I can.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I buy a season ticket, I rarely use it! What’s the problem?

When Hearts officially request STs are returned / released for re-sale I oblige, to the best of my knowledge that has only happened once, Christmas 2016.

I buy a season ticket to back the club financially and also know I can turn up watch a game whenever I want!!

I am in the same boat. ST holder for 15 years and have never made more than half the games. But once I could afford it it was a way of supporting the club financially and guaranteeing a seat and cup semi and final ticket. It is very rare for walk up tickets not to be available the day before a game so see no reason to routinely release my seat. Or feel guilty or uncaring if I don't.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I don't need recognition - it is enough for me to know that I am helping my Club in anyway I can.

I don't want recognition. How exactly are you helping the club when seats are still available to walk-ups?

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't want recognition. How exactly are you helping the club when seats are still available to walk-ups?

Depends on where the available seats are. Mines are Platinum in the Wheatfield so I assume they would be in demand for walk ups.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am in the same boat. ST holder for 15 years and have never made more than half the games. But once I could afford it it was a way of supporting the club financially and guaranteeing a seat and cup semi and final ticket. It is very rare for walk up tickets not to be available the day before a game so see no reason to routinely release my seat. Or feel guilty or uncaring if I don't.

I'm alright Jack..........

Francis Albert
Just now, Thomaso said:

Depends on where the available seats are. Mines are Platinum in the Wheatfield so I assume they would be in demand for walk ups.

You mean I should care about Hearts fans who are fussy about where they sit for a big game which are only ones where the issue really arises?

joondalupjambo

ST holder and don't do 12 o'clock kicks off and defo do not do Friday 7.45 kick offs.   There said it.

If more people offer seats for resale, and attendances are measured as tickets sold, does that mean we may get attendances greater than the maximum number of seats? :berra:

8 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

ST holder and don't do 12 o'clock kicks off and defo do not do Friday 7.45 kick offs.   There said it.

I never renewed as I guessed there would be many games moved for International breaks and TV. 

Simply, can't make it. 

Hearts or no Hearts, not shelling out over 400 sheets for 8 odd games.

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You mean I should care about Hearts fans who are fussy about where they sit for a big game which are only ones where the issue really arises?

No just continue to care about yourself FA - makes it much simpler for you.....

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I never renewed as I guessed there would be many games moved for International breaks and TV. 

Simply, can't make it. 

Hearts or no Hearts, not shelling out over 400 sheets for 8 odd games.

I probably attend a dozen or so games but am lucky in that I can now afford to help the club financially  so still get the ST every year.  Fully appreciate it is very difficult for others to do the same.  That said I would not buy a platinum seat and am in the Gorgie so much less than 400 quid.  

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

WTF are you on about?

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

WTF are you on about?

Come on lads try and get along.