Empty seats

Lfhearts

Hundreds of them in Wheat field plus a lot in new stand Ms Budge would be better spending her time investigating why these fans are not turning up.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• scott herbertson

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Hundreds of them in Wheat field plus a lot in new stand Ms Budge would be better spending her time investigating why these fans are not turning up.

She could ask them if they bothered to show up.

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Apathy? Nothing to do with budge. 

ToadKiller Dog

Given the crowd was 19429, unless that was a lie. 

hearts support looked much of a much of what we have had at Tynecastle all season so far. 

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I was in my bed unwell yesterday so I account for two. A Sunday at 12 ko isn’t particularly appealing either. 

letsalldothebeattie

Nothing to worry about. Usual story for games against the OF certain people in our support want nothing to do with these games and that’s fair enough

The Treasurer
18 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No investigation needed.

We're not playing too well just now, we were playing a team that some of our more fickle fans thought we'd lose  against, therefore they didn't bother their collective arses to turn up

30 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Probably scared they might have to sit next to you! 

32 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Yeah. Hope she drops everything and gets straight on. **** the business side of things, get her on the blower phoning fans and asking them for doctor’s lines and health reports. :rofl:

35 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Biggest attendance of the season, Mrs Budge must be tearing her hair out on how to attract more fans right enough. 

38 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

This place is ****ing bonkers.......

Edited by Jamboelite

47 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Why would budge investigate people paying for a seat and then not exercising the right to use it? Who cares give a ****. 12.00 KO and on TV means a lot of folk who have to pay to pay to travel and / or travel a great distance will just watch it on the box. I can’t wait for us to get a few wins so this place becomes bearable again. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

19 minutes ago, kila said:

Looked pretty full to me

OP maybe thinking of Easter Road lately

9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Biggest attendance of the season, Mrs Budge must be tearing her hair out on how to attract more fans right enough. 

There were a lot of empty seats, that much can't be denied. If it was our biggest attendance of the season then it was clearly st holders that didn't attend.

Certainly looked a lot less than our midweek encounter against Hibs.

Woke up reeking. To unwell to drive. No time to walk to my mums with the kids! Gutted but still managed to see it in the house! 12 o’clock kick offs are shite

10 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Woke up reeking. To unwell to drive. No time to walk to my mums with the kids! Gutted but still managed to see it in the house! 12 o’clock kick offs are shite

Sounds fair enough and that KO time is a nightmare.

Jesus now am a Hibs fan FFS, if folk believe the official attendance fair enough, am not that bothered.As we are a business I think she should be concerned okay peeps.

Life would be so much easier if clubs had to report actual bums on seats, would put all this 'empty seats' perspective to bed!

Anyway we made the money for the attendance given so you can relax @Lfhearts

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Jesus now am a Hibs fan FFS, if folk believe the official attendance fair enough, am not that bothered.As we are a business I think she should be concerned okay peeps.

Attendances are based on tickets sold not bums on seats. 

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Calm doon.

There have been debates about this in the past. We've all came to an agreement that the figure given is tickets sold. 

A few hundred seats empty because of KO times etc, is no biggie ! No need for anyone to be concerned.

Chill.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

But as a business we had the money. As noted above a fair few people who have paid for STs wouldn't attend , probably more than usual a) because of the crap kick off time  and b) for personal reasons and c) because we are playing crap d) you have to put up with the sectarian nonsense which some people don't find entertaining e) it was on the telly. All clubs have plenty of ST holders who don't attend.

I'm happy we are building for the future and lets hope we get our act together on the park once the players come back after Christmas, as then there will be a business imperative to ensure people renew for next season

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

The official attendance is on tickets sold not those that parked their arse.

The crowd for a Sunday at 12 was good, you’re seeing something that isnt there.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, old school tie said:

What is the official capacity of Tynecastle now?

we don't know - the club has not stated this.

Edited by scott herbertson

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

we don't know - the club has not stated this.

To be fair, the club have been a wee bit evasive on this. Sunday’s game must effectively be an all tickets sold situation so it would depend on how many seats were held back for hospitality and not sold. That shouldn’t be difficult for them to know. 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Maybe they couldn't see for fans standing in front of them and instead decided to watch it in the pub?

?

Maybe some STs couldn’t attend like myself due to illness. I released my seats in Gorgie stand to allow the club to resell them. 

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, the club have been a wee bit evasive on this. Sunday’s game must effectively be an all tickets sold situation so it would depend on how many seats were held back for hospitality and not sold. That shouldn’t be difficult for them to know. 

I am not 100% sure what happens in Scotland, but in England where I was involved with a stadium the council I worked for leased, the capacity that really mattered was what was permissible through the safety certificate

*note - having checked it seems to be UK legislation  - https://www.gov.uk/safety-certificates-for-sports-grounds

For example at the ground where I was involved at one point the club had more seats than the safety certificate permitted them to have in attendance. This was because the entrance and exit areas needed to be improved for crowd control. This was subsequently done and the permitted capacity increased.

Police Fire brigade and Council will liaise on safety certificates.

So at tynecastle, and this is just guesswork on my part, we could have further work to do to improve aspects of the stadium which will allow us to seat more in future.

So the question which should be asked is 'what is the capacity for which we have a safety certificate'

Just now, scott herbertson said:

I am not 100% sure what happens in Scotland, but in England where I was involved with a stadium the council I worked for leased, the capacity that really mattered was what was permissible through the safety certificate

*note - having checked it seems to be UK legislation  - https://www.gov.uk/safety-certificates-for-sports-grounds

For example at the ground where I was involved at one point the club had more seats than the safety certificate permitted them to have in attendance. This was because the entrance and exit areas needed to be improved for crowd control. This was subsequently done and the permitted capacity increased.

Police Fire brigade and Council will liaise on safety certificates.

So at tynecastle, and this is just guesswork on my part, we could have further work to do to improve aspects of the stadium which will allow us to seat more in future.

So the question which should be asked is 'what is the capacity for which we have a safety certificate'

FOI request? ?

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Perhaps she should think about how to attract more Hearts fans to these games so we can justify giving them no tickets. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Perhaps she should think about how to attract more Hearts fans to these games so we can justify giving them no tickets. 

I think the answer to that is mainly down to performance on the pitch. 

34 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Sounds fair enough and that KO time is a nightmare.

It wasn’t planned mate!  I was just making the point about the ko. 3 o’clock I’d have made it with a banging headache and an alcohol free beer ?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ha Ha. No, just wondering. 

As an ex cooncil worker the acronym FOI , brings on feeling of despair and depression!

I used to answer these fairly frequently and the answers and questions are still there on the internet courtesy of the site whatdotheyknow.com

Cost the councils and other authorities a lot of money to handle the responses, though its a good scheme in principle as it ensures transparency.

33 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

How many tickets were available to buy at kick-off? 

On Saturday I'm sure it was less than 20 left on Eticketing.

Edited by SUTOL

Ministry of Football

There are always season ticket holders unable to make certain games and the very early kick off would not have helped. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Life would be so much easier if clubs had to report actual bums on seats, would put all this 'empty seats' perspective to bed!

Anyway we made the money for the attendance given so you can relax @Lfhearts

The Police Scotland match commander will know exactly how many went through the turnstiles. Email him if you want to know. 

I remember during a Superbowl a few years ago the commentators announced the attendance was 150 below capacity;

"Arrest warrants have been issued"

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Are you really that thick or just an angry little troll? It’s been done to death that attendance is based on tickets sold. The empty seats are down to those who can’t or didn’t want to attend.

And their reasons for doing so are f all concern of yours.

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Mad budge oot likesy :seething: !!!1!!!!1

Edited by Sarah O

31 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

How many tickets were available to buy at kick-off? 

On Saturday I'm sure it was less than 20 left on Eticketing.

No idea. 

But it all we need to do to cut their allocation is sell more tickets to Hearts fans in the Roseburn. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think the answer to that is mainly down to performance on the pitch. 

And the fact £32 for a football match in Scotland is scandalous. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No idea. 

But it all we need to do to cut their allocation is sell more tickets to Hearts fans in the Roseburn. 

And the fact £32 for a football match in Scotland is scandalous. 

I’m sure there were cheaper seats than that? Regardless, I think price has less impact. 

From Hearts twitter: Official attendance: 19,429 with 3,777 away fans. Thank you for your support.

Didn't think the Roseburn stand held that much, maybe a error?

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

From Hearts twitter: Official attendance: 19,429 with 3,777 away fans. Thank you for your support.

Didn't think the Roseburn stand held that much, maybe a error?

Another mystery. ?