Dunne out for 6 weeks

Thomaso

These are the sort of comments that we should be looking at and digesting when it comes to what is going on in the football dept at HMFC just now. Seriously, we are going somewhere and even if some of us can’t see it yet, the comments from players who are living it should tell us something.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• SUTOL

5 hours ago, kila said:

The text from the S*n article:

--

Jimmy Dunne hoping for Hearts return as he admits he misses the club and his team-mates

CROCKED defender Jimmy Dunne insists he is desperate to continue his love affair with Hearts.

The on-loan Burnley youngster has returned to his parent club after being ruled out for up to six weeks with an ankle ligament injury.

That would take him past the end of his loan spell at Tynecastle.

But Craig Levein has already enquired about an extension — and Dunne revealed he wants to come back.

The 21-year-old said: “I must admit I’m missing the club. I’m missing the lads, I’m missing the coaches and the staff.

“There is always the possibility I could come back but it’s not something I can think about until my ankle is better.

“It’s a place I’ve loved and if I was to play there again I’d be delighted.

“I didn’t expect to feel as connected to the club as I did.

“I felt connected with the fans and became really close with the lads.

“It happened really quickly and I just kind of fell in love with the club, and now I really feel a part of it.

“I felt like a Hearts player the whole time and I think I’m twice the player that I was before I came up north.

“I honestly couldn’t have developed quicker anywhere else.”

That will upset some on here. I8 for starters.

5 hours ago, kila said:

The text from the S*n article:

--

Jimmy Dunne hoping for Hearts return as he admits he misses the club and his team-mates

CROCKED defender Jimmy Dunne insists he is desperate to continue his love affair with Hearts.

The on-loan Burnley youngster has returned to his parent club after being ruled out for up to six weeks with an ankle ligament injury.

That would take him past the end of his loan spell at Tynecastle.

But Craig Levein has already enquired about an extension — and Dunne revealed he wants to come back.

The 21-year-old said: “I must admit I’m missing the club. I’m missing the lads, I’m missing the coaches and the staff.

“There is always the possibility I could come back but it’s not something I can think about until my ankle is better.

“It’s a place I’ve loved and if I was to play there again I’d be delighted.

“I didn’t expect to feel as connected to the club as I did.

“I felt connected with the fans and became really close with the lads.

“It happened really quickly and I just kind of fell in love with the club, and now I really feel a part of it.

“I felt like a Hearts player the whole time and I think I’m twice the player that I was before I came up north.

“I honestly couldn’t have developed quicker anywhere else.”

That’s an incredible testimonial for the whole club, from coaches to fans. Don’t know if we have a package of info for potential new recruits but stuff like this can only help with recruitment.

Nice comments from Jimmy.  

I don’t have the slightest clue as to how Burnley rate him or see him in the future, but is it time to test the water? 

Again, I don’t know the money he’s on but he’s 21 and at a crucial moment in his career and he’s clearly stated how much he’s improved as a player.  

Would be a proper ‘scoop’ if we got him. 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Have you been to Burnley? Absolute Shit hole.

Texaco Cup game. Dominoes up to double nines. (auld story)

10 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Texaco Cup game. Dominoes up to double nines. (auld story)

Did you go to Burnley Jim?  I remember going to Newcastle and Wolves for the final but not Burnley.

Also, as covered on here many times before, incredible nights at Motherwell and Airdrie.

52 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Nice comments from Jimmy.  

I don’t have the slightest clue as to how Burnley rate him or see him in the future, but is it time to test the water? 

Again, I don’t know the money he’s on but he’s 21 and at a crucial moment in his career and he’s clearly stated how much he’s improved as a player.  

Would be a proper ‘scoop’ if we got him. 

Doubt we’d get him permanently.

I think he signed a new deal with Burnley prior coming to us on loan.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

That’s an incredible testimonial for the whole club, from coaches to fans. Don’t know if we have a package of info for potential new recruits but stuff like this can only help with recruitment.

Vut Leveib is overseeing a shambles don't you know.

20 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Vut Leveib is overseeing a shambles don't you know.

Yeah what does an EPL club’s player on the fringes of his national team know!

The Future's Maroon

Maybe a chance Burnley could loan him back to us next year to continue his development, he has said himself he is twice the player he was when he joined us.

But, unfortunately, I think he’ll be out of our price range for signing and wages.

Great to hear a player so positive about the club, staff etc