• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• SUTOL

:lol:   You've have to laugh! We have no luck what so ever. When will this disaster of injuries ever end? Vanacek will arrive play 20 mins score two goals and then be injured for 6 months:whistling:

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

:lol:   You've have to laugh! We have no luck what so ever. When will this disaster of injuries ever end? Vanacek will arrive play 20 mins score two goals and then be injured for 6 months:whistling:

Don,t tempt providence?

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

With any luck Dikamona got his brain farts out the road yesterday. 

Really hope so! I like Dika but he was shocking yesterday.

Nelly Terraces
Just now, Thomaso said:

Really hope so! I like Dika but he was shocking yesterday.

Likewise. Been more than decent but had a howler yesterday. Crap days at work - we all have 'em!

16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Shanking that pass to Smith into the stand just after he came on had a big effect on his confidence for some reason. Never recovered.

19 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Likewise. Been more than decent but had a howler yesterday. Crap days at work - we all have 'em!

I put it down to being tackled by Clare seconds after coming onto the park.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling mistake

8 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Shanking that pass to Smith into the stand just after he came on had a big effect on his confidence for some reason. Never recovered.

I'm sure we had a world cup star play for us once who did very much the same thing, no idea what happened to him ?

31 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I've said this so many times before, Dikamona is an accident waiting to happen. Against any decent opposition he will be targeted as a weak link.

Gutted for Dunne, is it possible that he never plays again for us? Not sure if his loan has been extended?

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I'm sure we had a world cup star play for us once who did very much the same thing, no idea what happened to him ?

Robbie was a top shanker of passes/crosses - can't remember him playing in the WC though.......

3 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I've said this so many times before, Dikamona is an accident waiting to happen. Against any decent opposition he will be targeted as a weak link.

Gutted for Dunne, is it possible that he never plays again for us? Not sure if his loan has been extended?

I believe they need to wait till transfer window opens in January to change the loan agreement 

What youth players do we have at centre back and centre forward? I appreciate that Keena and Currie are both out on loan but with the striker and centre back crisis it seems like it would have been a great time for the academy to step up. Last year's midfield injury crisis allowed Cochrane and MacDonald to step up it would have been good to rely on the academy again this time around.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Put Dikamona up front 

Out of the way 

This.  

I’m sorry, usually very positive about our players even the limited ones but this guy is an imposter.  Comes across as a genuinely lovely bloke who loves being here, but that’s not enough for me.

He cant control a ball, can’t tackle anyone below the waist, can’t head a ball and can’t pass a ball.  He seems to think his long diagonal rocket passes are effective (worked once in about 10 games).  Surely Petkov or Baur is a better option or even Hughes?

I blame Levein. Dunno why. It's the done thing innit? Or the Dunne thing.

Unbelievably bad luck with injuries this season. Always our best players too, Unreal

Just now, Jamhammer said:

I blame Levein. Dunno why. It's the done thing innit? Or the Dunne thing.

Unbelievably bad luck with injuries this season. Always our best players too, Unreal

Maybe Levein tackled him in training causing the injury 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

That'll be a fact by tomorrow

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Levein has played him too much - defensive minded arsehole. We should have been playing with just one CB the last few games.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Robbie was a top shanker of passes/crosses - can't remember him playing in the WC though.......

There was one who came after him, he came with great promise and expectation but failed miserably. 

letsalldothebeattie

Massive blow even more so now that Dikamona is having a few nightmares in games. Hughes to come in for up coming games or possibly Michael Smith to slot in again. Not ideal for us. 

When will we catch a break with these bloody injuries

48 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

There was one who came after him, he came with great promise and expectation but failed miserably. 

Only one??

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

What our team and Levein has had to cope with this season...

And yet, still you get dozy ***** slagging Levein off.

Unreal.

We have lost more international defenders this year than most teams have ever had

John mcCartney

i said good luck to the poor lad yesterday outside the shop/queue for section t turnstiles.

he had one of em fakn boots on and supported by crutches

gutted for him as he seems a genuine character

4 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

is there a more underlying reason why we have so many out with major injuries ? ... don't see other teams afflicted as bad as us

54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No doubt the fault of our coaching staff and methods used. :whistling:

?

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Yeah that was an eye wincing moment. Swear there were even folk in the hun end going 'WTF was that all about!':D

We’ve been cursed. Berra and Dunne would have been a great partnership. Berra Dunne Souttar might be the best central defence we’ve had.  

As for Dikamona, some good, some bad but overall not solid enough to be a long term option. Too many brainfarts. 

Fort Vallance
12 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

is there a more underlying reason why we have so many out with major injuries ? ... don't see other teams afflicted as bad as us

Allegedly accidentally clattered in training by Morrison. Maybe our sessions are too full on. Or more likely just unlucky.

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So we are still going with just 'bad luck" then?

:fonzie:

I remember this happened to Souness at Newcastle. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2366932/Owen-injury-blamed-on-training-pitch.html

From the same search which I found interesting. 

http://trainingground.guru/articles/wright-phenomenal-injury-improvement-down-to-benitez

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Not allowed to ask that I’m afraid , nothing to see here move along.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

He did it twice, I was right behind him when he did it and a quarterback couldn’t have found Smith where he was positioned, far to far up the pitch. I think we’ve seen how average quite a few of the squad,and how they can’t step up,without our best players beside them.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Massive blow even more so now that Dikamona is having a few nightmares in games. Hughes to come in for up coming games or possibly Michael Smith to slot in again. Not ideal for us. 

When will we catch a break with these bloody injuries

Hughes hasn’t played 90 minutes for anyone all season, CL has had to use a barely fit Godhino twice and Smith at CB rather than use him. Even more reason to have replaced him in the summer with someone capable of playing when injuries inevitably hit.

Really need to ask why this is happening, at a certain point you need to question if is really just bad luck or if we're over training the players, overusing certain players, are the pitches up to scratch? 

Anyway, its awful news. Dunne has been a revelation since he came in and probably will go on and play for Burnley in a year or two. Hopefully he can beat the 6 weeks. 

43 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’ve been cursed. Berra and Dunne would have been a great partnership. Berra Dunne Souttar might be the best central defence we’ve had.  

As for Dikamona, some good, some bad but overall not solid enough to be a long term option. Too many brainfarts. 

Lucky to have three excellent central defenders. Unfortunately not fit at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

What our team and Levein has had to cope with this season...

And yet, still you get dozy ***** slagging Levein off.

Unreal.

This.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really need to ask why this is happening, at a certain point you need to question if is really just bad luck or if we're over training the players, overusing certain players, are the pitches up to scratch? 

Anyway, its awful news. Dunne has been a revelation since he came in and probably will go on and play for Burnley in a year or two. Hopefully he can beat the 6 weeks. 

I’ve been asking this for a while, we do get an above average level of injuries and I was hoping if there was a problem it would’ve been sorted. We hardly ever seem to play Hibs at full strength and they don’t seem to have as many injuries as we do. Most people just want to believe it’s bad luck, I’m not so sure it is.

Pasquale for King

Such a shame for Jimmy, he’s been excellent and he will learn from Berra if we can extend his loan deal in January. Is Milinkovic the only loanee we’ve had recently that hasn’t been injured and sent back to his club?

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Such a shame for Jimmy, he’s been excellent and he will learn from Berra if we can extend his loan deal in January. Is Milinkovic the only loanee we’ve had recently that hasn’t been injured and sent back to his club?

I think we had several last season but I can’t remember their names. ?