Brother Madden/referees ( merged )

peebles jambo

PeterintheRain
19 minutes ago, merrymac said:

WE would probably get a fairer game with a woman referee. At least you would know the mistakes were probably genuine:mw_rolleyes:

6 day ban for outrageous sexism!  

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts_fan

• Boab

• TheBigO

• Deevers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, PeterintheRain said:

6 day ban for outrageous sexism!  

Absolutely refute that suggestion! was actually complementing the fairer sex. Every one makes mistakes we are told, its just the thinking behind the mistakes by the Lanarkshire Referees assoc that is questionable.

jamboolood1874
On 02/12/2018 at 15:50, part_time_jambo said:

First Hearts game for many years, and I always took with a pinch of salt the criticism of match officials, putting it down to understandable bias for your own team. However, that display by the referee today was unbelievably biased in favour of Rangers.

Like many have already posted, how did Morelos not get booked for antagonising the Hearts support after the goal? The referee almost looked as though he was overawed by Morelos, summed up by the time Hearts were taking a free kick, everyone up the park waiting for the kick to be taken, including the referee, when Morelos throws his arms out and complains, prompting Madden to stop the kick and tell Zamal to move it over a bit. 

Also lost count of the number of 50-50 decisions that went Rangers way, and even them getting free kicks that I thought should have been the other way.

That said, I thought Rangers just deserved their win, and Hearts lacked any punch in front of goal. Also lost both goals from set pieces, albeit one was offside.

There goalkeeper,referee and the linesman(there 2nd goal was offside) won them the game.But I would say a draw would have been a fair result.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16114571.investigation-referees-blow-the-whistle-on-unrest/

The Scottish cup final stat is a cracker. 145 cup final, was 107 before an Edinburgh ref officiated one and only 3 Edinburgh refs used in that entire time.

No corruption in Scottish football though. Paranoia. Move along.

That is an astonishing article. It should have every fan outwith Glasgow and lanarkshire angry as hell!

On 03/12/2018 at 20:45, farin said:

It’s known as the Lanarkshire mafia. Aka the Lanarkshire Referees Association. 

My sons team had a Lanarkshire ref at the weekend. Ignored a blatant foul in the lead up to a late equaliser for the Lanarkshire team then noised up our sideline to rub it in. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16114571.investigation-referees-blow-the-whistle-on-unrest/

The Scottish cup final stat is a cracker. 145 cup final, was 107 before an Edinburgh ref officiated one and only 3 Edinburgh refs used in that entire time.

Yet you still get some of our own bending over and taking it dry claiming that there is nothing to see with all of this. Fools.

5 hours ago, Boab said:

I hear that but i've asked questions about this when we have had a decent crack of the whip, 4-0 v Hooped demons, and the reply is that we didn't give him a chance to make any bad calls.

Sorry, that is paranoia !

The guy had a good game, Madden had a shocker on Sunday.

One game where we have been given a fair crack of the whip as against dozens where we have been shafted. You are easily satisfied.

14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yet you still get some of our own bending over and taking it dry claiming that there is nothing to see with all of this. Fools.

I just dont get why Scottish football tolerate it?

Horrible analogy but its like battered wife syndrome.

Time to stand together on it must be coming surely??

Speaking to my boss today, a hibby who really doesnt like Hearts! We were both on the same page on this issue though.

ToadKiller Dog
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That is a good if sad read, only positive is that there is a good % of refs that realise there is a problem, but they are also ignored by the powers that be. 

Why is that, I would say SFA knows its in the wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Deevers said:

One game where we have been given a fair crack of the whip as against dozens where we have been shafted. You are easily satisfied.

I could name many more games where we've had a fair crack of the whip. Madden is a dick but let's not get silly here. Two out of our last three Big Cup wins could have gone against us if the referees so wished. 98' Final and 2012 Semi !

Thankfully we got the decisions we deserved.

Let's not bleat like the Demons !

8 hours ago, Boab said:

I could name many more games where we've had a fair crack of the whip. Madden is a dick but let's not get silly here. Two out of our last three Big Cup wins could have gone against us if the referees so wished. 98' Final and 2012 Semi !

You could also have a look st the 2006 Final where the official tried his level best to screw us.  I'm not saying that all officials are tainted, however there is little doubt that there is a cadre within their ranks that have the best Interests  of one or other of the Old Firm firmly foremost in their thoughts when they officiate in these games.  It's not new, it's gone on for years. I have lost count of the games where we have lost to either side of the Old Firm where thoroughly contentious decisions have been the deciding factor. You also have to ask yourself why people with well known affections for these teams are allocated their games. That in its self points to a deep rooted problem inside the SFA. The problem needs to be sorted out.

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

That is an astonishing article. It should have every fan outwith Glasgow and lanarkshire angry as hell!

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I wonder what games Madden will get in the next few weeks.

The only upside to this is that he will be under closer scrutiny from now on, that will cramp his style s bit.

Ditto the linesman.

Felix Lighter
9 hours ago, Boab said:

Are we supposed to be grateful for occasionally getting a fair crack of the whip, we should expect that every week,from impartial refs doing their job to the best of their ability.

That you've had to go back 20 years and 6 years to make your point sums it up.

Before Sundays farce, I only have to go back a week, with Thompson and co getting three big decisions wrong, and all three went in favour of Thompsons home town team.  

We know, because we've been told, refs treat the OF differently.When they spoke,Dallas and Young weren't on some whistle blowing crusade though, the thinking is that it's actually normal and ok, that's the status quo.That is the pervasive, ingrained mind set we are dealing with here in Scotland imo and it stinks the place oot. 

10 hours ago, Boab said:

Have more backbone man! Just because people will say we're bleating doesn't actually mean we're wrong!

Edited by Hearts_fan

Without Prejudice.

They are all in it together and because they are all in it together they cant get out of it.

Rangers and Celtic have enjoyed the benefits of bent officials for as long as you want to go back and it probably even further than that. They have also benefited from widespread fixing of competitions so that they only face each other in the later rounds of cup competitions meaning the chances of progressing to semi final/final stages is increased. There are damning statistics that back this up. 

The SFA cant stop now. It's been going on so long it's just become "the norm" to help Rangers and Celtic. Rangers and Celtic now expect this as its been going on so long so the SFA are obliged to give them the "wee perks". 

Rangers and Celtic know fine well they get a "helping hand" from the officials if any team dares mount a challenge so they keep schtoom on the "little arrangement" between them and the SFA. They know fine well they will not meet the other side of the OF in a cup competition until later in the competition. It's corrupt to the core.

The whole thing will come out in the wash when someone like Panorama investigates.

If an institution like FIFA can be found corrupt then the SFA should be investigated and if corruption is discovered then people involved should be tried.

14 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Are we supposed to be grateful for occasionally getting a fair crack of the whip, we should expect that every week,from impartial refs doing their job to the best of their ability.

Before Sundays farce, I only have to go back a week, with Thompson and co getting three big decisions wrong, and all three went in favour of Thompsons home town team.  

We know, because we've been told, refs treat the OF differently.When they spoke,Dallas and Young weren't on some whistle blowing crusade though, the thinking is that it's actually normal and ok, that's the status quo.That is the pervasive, ingrained mind set we are dealing with here in Scotland imo and it stinks the place oot. 

The ref got the decision right in the 1998 final. It was the Rangers fans that tried to make a post match issue about it. Same in 2012 semi.Remember Hooper scored a goal that was offside.

Craig Herbertson

2012 final. Two handballs in the box which forced the penalty decision. Ref even holds up two fingers when half the Celtic team are in his face. One offside goal by Celtic yet still seen as unlucky even by some of our our own fans. I like the references to battered wife syndrome and death by a thousand cuts. The longer you live the more of these incidents you have  to put down to the rub of the green. Painful really.

Edited by Craig Herbertson

Refs have even said in the past that old firm games are refereed "differently": rules are relaxed and less bookings and red cards given.

That's just one tie – one tie that the refs in question have felt comfortable enough to talk about in the public sphere.

And the reason they feel they can talk about it is the perception of parity that comes with addressing their primary audience in equal measure. 

5 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Without Prejudice.

They are all in it together and because they are all in it together they cant get out of it.

Rangers and Celtic have enjoyed the benefits of bent officials for as long as you want to go back and it probably even further than that. They have also benefited from widespread fixing of competitions so that they only face each other in the later rounds of cup competitions meaning the chances of progressing to semi final/final stages is increased. There are damning statistics that back this up. 

The SFA cant stop now. It's been going on so long it's just become "the norm" to help Rangers and Celtic. Rangers and Celtic now expect this as its been going on so long so the SFA are obliged to give them the "wee perks". 

Rangers and Celtic know fine well they get a "helping hand" from the officials if any team dares mount a challenge so they keep schtoom on the "little arrangement" between them and the SFA. They know fine well they will not meet the other side of the OF in a cup competition until later in the competition. It's corrupt to the core.

The whole thing will come out in the wash when someone like Panorama investigates.

If an institution like FIFA can be found corrupt then the SFA should be investigated and if corruption is discovered then people involved should be tried.

Well said.

There does need to be a completely impartial, in-depth analysis of the Scottish Football culture, it's histories, the histories of the people who have been in charge, the family ties to clubs, vested interests... such a damning report would be one of the finest things to have ever happened in the national game.

The whole thing is currently riddled. It's toxic. 

11 hours ago, Boab said:

And how many decisions have gone against us in similar matches over the course of history. That number absolutely dwarfs the number of fair decisions. 

You've been duped by something if you think Madden wasn't cheating on Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

2012 final. Two handballs in the box which forced the penalty decision. Ref even holds up two fingers when half the Celtic team are in his face. One offside goal by Celtic yet still seen as unlucky even by some of our our own fans. I like the references to battered wife syndrome and death by a thousand cuts. The longer you live the more of these incidents you have  to put down to the rub of the green. Painful really.

Smashing post.

48 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Have more backbone man! Just because people will say we're bleating doesn't actually mean we're wrong!

Jesus Christ !

You don't do irony do you ?

You are the one bleating about referees and you talk about backbone ?

If there was a collective backbone in Scottish football, our club included, to improve the running of our game, it would happen.

There isn't so ask yourself why !

Is there a collective backbone by fans to change things ?

There isn't....again, ask yourself why !

Don't talk to me about backbone. If you think it's corrupt, do something about it.

1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

So it's an old firm + St Mirren conspiracy ?

I hope Dallas isn't from Perth or we're ****ed tonight !

Felix Lighter
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

So it's an old firm + St Mirren conspiracy ?

I hope Dallas isn't from Perth or we're ****ed tonight !

No not Perth.

Actually, Dallas was spawned from the sack of his corrupt father.So you might want to add blatant nepotism to your "nothing to see here" list.

24 minutes ago, Boab said:

Jesus Christ !

If there was a collective backbone in Scottish football, our club included, to improve the running of our game, it would happen.

Don't talk to me about backbone. If you think it's corrupt, do something about it.

I took your comments at face value and understood from what you said that you believe referees are fair and that we should stop "bleating" about them.

Are you saying it's "ironic" that Hearts get one rub of the green for every 100 that Celtic and rangers get against us? That's not irony.

2 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

No not Perth.

Actually, Dallas was spawned from the sack of his corrupt father.So you might want to add blatant nepotism to your "nothing to see here" list.

Oh, there is plenty to see here. Nepotism, cronyism, corruption. Plenty of that going on in, not only, Scottish Football but every facet of society. I've seen plenty of it, maybe you have too, it's how to go about addressing it !

That's the hard part.

I could come on bleating about the SFA and refs daily....not going to change much, is it ?

If people feel really strongly about it, do something about it, or accept that it's there and get on with it.

41 minutes ago, Boab said:

Jesus Christ !

One reason nothing changes is we have people like you who defend the way things are.

You cite sporadic examples of fairness over the past three decades as evidence that the system works!

What a joke.

You come on here with your comments "do something about it" – missing the point entirely that this is people doing something about it! Talking, understanding the issue with other people, shaping opinion – that is the beginnings of how things change.

Your type with your noise cancelling comments contribute nothing to constructive debate.

People have ideas and we're talking about them.

Edited by Hearts_fan

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

One reason nothing changes is we have people like you who defend the way things are.

You cite sporadic examples of fairness over the past three decades as evidence that the system works!

What a joke.

You come on here with your comments "do something about it" – missing the point entirely that this is people doing something about it! Talking, understanding the issue with other people, shaping opinion – that is the beginnings of how things change.

Your type with your noise cancelling comments contribute nothing to constructive debate.

People have ideas and we're talking about them.

You coming on here telling us there is no problem as you attempt to sweep the evidence under the carpet... what a joke.

Where did I say there wasn't a problem ?

Find that for me because I don't recall saying anything of the sort.

As for your first paragraph, it's convenient to stay in the right on camp and blame others for any perceived injusticies. Only problem is...it's bollocks !

As for constructive debate, I think I have been constructive, in the respect of making my position clear. It's bigger than a game of football.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

As for your first paragraph, it's convenient to stay in the right on camp and blame others for any perceived injusticies. Only problem is...it's bollocks !

As for constructive debate, I think I have been constructive, in the respect of making my position clear. It's bigger than a game of football.

What is your opinion on the evidence available regarding the OF not meeting in Cup Competitions before the Semi Final stages?

NB: If you haven't seen the evidence I will look it up so please clarify if you have or have not seen.

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oh, there is plenty to see here. Nepotism, cronyism, corruption. Plenty of that going on in, not only, Scottish Football but every facet of society. I've seen plenty of it, maybe you have too, it's how to go about addressing it !

That's the hard part.

I could come on bleating about the SFA and refs daily....not going to change much, is it ?

If people feel really strongly about it, do something about it, or accept that it's there and get on with it.

Fair enough Boab, but what can we as individuals do other than discuss on open forums? Pitch forks outside Hampden? Boycotts and petitions have been mooted in the past but are routinely ridiculed with the tired old cliche 'celtic minded paranoia' attached.

Of course you are right to point out such things are part of society, because they are all wrapped up in the human condition, not all people live by the standards you set for yourself.Which is why it's staggering to me that there are folk who still dismiss it out of hand, in a Scottish football context.

The way I see it is nobody else is going to stick up for our club, so you can be damn sure I'm gonnae and I don't really give a shit what labels are thrown at me in the process.

ps apologies for getting a bit ranty. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Here's the full quote. Outrageous don't begin to describe this statistic.

“The first Scottish Cup final was in 1873 – and it was 107 years before an Edinburgh referee was appointed to take charge. It is now 145 years since that first final and there has been a total of three. I think that would be reflected in the other associations outwith Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire.”

41 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Fair enough Boab, but what can we as individuals do other than discuss on open forums? Pitch forks outside Hampden? Boycotts and petitions have been mooted in the past but are routinely ridiculed with the tired old cliche 'celtic minded paranoia' attached.

Of course you are right to point out such things are part of society, because they are all wrapped up in the human condition, not all people live by the standards you set for yourself.Which is why it's staggering to me that there are folk who still dismiss it out of hand, in a Scottish football context.

The way I see it is nobody else is going to stick up for our club, so you can be damn sure I'm gonnae and I don't really give a shit what labels are thrown at me in the process.

ps apologies for getting a bit ranty. 

No apologies neccessary in either direction. It's a decent debate.

I applaud Craig Levein's comments after Sunday. Speaking on behalf of the fans. Problem is, will it do any good ? Perhaps highlighting it may have some affect although I doubt it.

I feel it's too ingrained and the system, voting structures etc, in skewed in their favour.

To change that would require real, tangible things. Football is too tribal for that, especially in Scotland.

1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

What is your opinion on the evidence available regarding the OF not meeting in Cup Competitions before the Semi Final stages?

NB: If you haven't seen the evidence I will look it up so please clarify if you have or have not seen.

I haven't seen it but was involved in a debate recently about the odds of certain scenarios playing out and it fried my brain a bit !

I would imagine the number is small ?

Edited by Boab

17 hours ago, Deevers said:

16 hours ago, Boab said:

4 hours ago, Boab said:

You quite obviously suggested there isn't a problem with referee bias in the previous post above, which I quote below:

"I could name many more games where we've had a fair crack of the whip. Madden is a dick but let's not get silly here." – Boab

On 02/12/2018 at 16:37, Section Q said:

Majority of all refs in Scotland are biased towards either Celtic or Rangers. I've yet to spot a Hearts ref.

Aye there was one that decided we would not win the league title in 86, a stonewall penalty 

not given when sandy clark was tripped in the box against Dundee , still not convinced he was a jambo.

2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

You quite obviously suggested there isn't a problem with referee bias in the previous post above, which I quote below:

"I could name many more games where we've had a fair crack of the whip. Madden is a dick but let's not get silly here." – Boab

I think there is corruption in Scottish Football, just like society in general. It is a problem but sometimes, not often mind, it helps not hinders us.

You don't need to go back in time either. We could have been papped out the Wee Cup earlier this season but were given a two point deduction....!

Can you imagine if that was sevco ?

People would be exploding in apoplectic rage !

15 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think there is corruption in Scottish Football, just like society in general. It is a problem but sometimes, not often mind, it helps not hinders us.

You don't need to go back in time either. We could have been papped out the Wee Cup earlier this season but were given a two point deduction....!

You could also point out if Don Robertson hadn’t disallowed a perfectly good goal against Raith a three point deduction wouldn’t have mattered. Don Robertson is also the ref that disallowed a perfectly good goal against Kilmarnock. Does he have an agenda against us , I’ve no idea but that’s two shockers against us from him , future games will be an interesting watch

I'm guessing the 5 way agreement/SPFL Guarantees to TV companies, that no-one gets to see, might have something to do with it. Given the covering up from the BBC regarding our game on Saturday, It would surprise me immensely if those two SPFL engineered agreements/contracts have nothing to do with this.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I don't ever want to benefit from corruption, and I'm not sure if you're suggesting we have?

You'll recall the circumstances of the League Cup group whereby the officials chopped off another of our legitimate goals scored in one of the matches – what would have been a last-minute winning goal.

Therefore yet another refereeing mistake that cost us points.

To have then been deducted three points and probably eliminated from the tournament for what was a clerical error would have put the wrongly-disallowed goal under the spotlight – Hearts would have gone to town on that – and the beaks wouldn't have liked that.

It was clear to me at least that the otherwise inexplicable two point deduction unofficially took account of the refereeing blunder.

Either way, we did enough to not merit getting "papped" out of the cup!

9 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I don't ever want to benefit from corruption, and I'm not sure if you're suggesting we have?

You'll recall the circumstances of the League Cup group whereby the officials chopped off another of our legitimate goals scored in one of the matches – what would have been a last-minute winning goal.

Therefore yet another refereeing mistake that cost us points.

To have then been deducted three points and probably eliminated from the tournament for what was a clerical error would have put the wrongly-disallowed goal under the spotlight – Hearts would have gone to town on that – and the beaks wouldn't have liked that.

It was clear to me at least that the otherwise inexplicable two point deduction unofficially took account of the refereeing blunder.

Either way, we did enough to not merit getting "papped" out of the cup!

Your first paragraph is a direct contradiction of your second last paragraph.

Can you not see that ?

Looking forward to seeing the Aberdeens CF’s two yellows tonight in comparison to Morelos’ behaviour on Sunday.

Maybe the Aberdeen player isn’t silly enough?

Punks No Deid

Games a bogey for us ..we dared to look good and they got twitchy Jimmy Carters. We lost our best players to injury so they seized the chance to put the boot in