Breakers Yards, Lothians

muldoon74

Just traded my knackered 2005 Mondeo 2.0 tdci in for a 2003 Corsa SXI (£500 for a years motoring till I get a proper job)..

The corsa has had new cam shaft, timing chain and a few other bits n bobs so no worries mechanically but the problem is the front seats are utterly flat. The foam at the sides is non existant and I have the metal framework digging into my thighs. 

Does anyone know of or use a good breakers for their spares, preferably near Livingston but lothians (mid, east or west) fine for a wee jaunt. 

Also, I know as t's an SXI the front seats are supposedly "sporty" so wont have much padding in the first instance, do other model corsa/Vauxhall fit the sxi seat mountings? I'm hoping to swap out for a comfier driving arrangement.. 

S & I Thomson in Galashiels.Never let me down.

Long shot, there was a breaker in Engine Row, Loanhead. Don't know if it is still there.

Might be all 4/5 Bedroom executive houses by now.

Edited by jb102

1 hour ago, jb102 said:

S & I Thomson in Galashiels.Never let me down.

Long shot, there was a breaker in Engine Row, Loanhead. Don't know if it is still there.

Might be all 4/5 Bedroom executive houses by now.

I'm sure all the houses have been built on the old industrial land/fields between Edgefield road and McDonald's. I'm pretty sure the scrappies is still there for now.

...a bit disco

As further up, SCB at Newbridge.

Phone them in advance and they will strip the parts for you. At least they used to?

Had a y a good Sunday out st sports car breakers with my old grand who sadly died a year ago yesterday.

Shopping for cortina and chevette bits.  Brilliant..and they are still going...albeit a bit more of a spare supermarket now...but you ca  still get in about the smashed cars.

11 hours ago, RealMaroonCF said:

Had a y a good Sunday out st sports car breakers with my old grand who sadly died a year ago yesterday.

Shopping for cortina and chevette bits.  Brilliant..and they are still going...albeit a bit more of a spare supermarket now...but you ca  still get in about the smashed cars.

I fly over SCB at Newbridge every couple of weeks. Unless you are allowed up the top part now, there seems to be very few cars down the bottom part that you can strip yourself.

Loanhead has a good breakers though owner is a bit of a fud. Use to go there all the time keep my wee Nissan Micra running on the cheap.