Labour's Diane Abbott On the poor moped thieves

jumpship

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, southcap said:

look, you will struggle to find many, if any, people who will feel sorry for the ***** who commit these crimes getting attacked by the police. 

But that's a very narrow outlook on it. The potential to abuse these powers is the concern here.

Sure is, but I honestly don’t care what happens to them. They want to do that, knowing the police are going to employ these tactics, then if it happens, they’ll get no sympathy from me. These type of folk have caused my father so much misery and money over the years...fek them.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• ri Alban

• Sharpie

• luckyBatistuta

6 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Instead they could kill other people by driving recklessly and also cause violence and fear to the general public.

This isnt Mad Max ffs they are skilled to take them off their bikes while mitigating the risk to others and themselves.

The thieves know the consequences and as a result it appears to be a good deterrent.

People question the softly softly approach but dont want the alternative.

I agree 100% Police should not drive dangerously, same with the medics and fire services...

20mph in built up areas is the law. 

I don't care if an orphanage is hijacked by terrorists and set on fire. 

If it's got 20mph on the sign, follow it. 

I support the Labour party..

These idiots are out of control. All for this. Diane Abbott is an idiot. 

If one of these violent ass holes is seriously injured the police officer should be rewarded.

17 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I agree 100% Police should not drive dangerously, same with the medics and fire services...

20mph in built up areas is the law. 

I don't care if an orphanage is hijacked by terrorists and set on fire. 

If it's got 20mph on the sign, follow it. 

I support the Labour party..

It is that simple. Their virtue signalling knows no bounds.

I wonder if they'd have a similar view after being on the end of scooter boys high jinx? ? 

I P Knightley

As seems typical of press coverage, what we see is not necessarily the fill picture.

These coppers aren't simply ramming every motorcyclist they see; nor are they taking random risks. They'll be weighing up the circumstances and taking the fokkers out if the risks (to innocent passers-by) are minimal.

Nobody can dispute that the fokkers deserve more than a little kicking. This is a storm in a teacup.

luckyBatistuta

One of the things these scumbags do to get away, is drive up the off ramps on to the bypass the wrong way...scum!!!

8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

One of the things these scumbags do to get away, is drive up the off ramps on to the bypass the wrong way...scum!!!

Dianne Abbott will probably want to introduce special moped lanes for them to make sure they don't get hurt in their getaway.

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Dianne Abbott will probably want to introduce special moped lanes for them to make sure they don't get hurt in their getaway.

Cops can’t win either way. They chase them and someone gets injured/killed, they get slaughtered. They don’t chase them and they go on to kill someone/themselves on these stolen vehicles,, the same folk slaughter them.

10 hours ago, Herbert said:

If they don't want knocked off then they shouldn't be dirty thieving *****. Why should they get to go about terrorising people and escape unpunished. They should reverse over them.

100% this.

Diane Abbott is a ****ing clown. 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Cops can’t win either way. They chase them and someone gets injured/killed, they get slaughtered. They don’t chase them and they go on to kill someone/themselves on these stolen vehicles,, the same folk slaughter them.

She does not seem to like or care about our. police

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She does not seem to like or care about our. police

Neither did Theresa May when she was home Secretary. She decimated them. 

Diane Abbot is a vile human being with a chip on her shoulder the size of Wales. 

An affirmative action poster girl with nothing to offer other than grievance. 

She not only plays the race card, she has a full 52 card deck of them. 

She pretty much sums up this Labour party perfectly and illustrates why they'll never be elected. 

I have now done what I should have done before commenting earlier read what I understand to be the police policy. The action of knocking a moped rider off their machine would appear to be when the police assess that the drivers actions are a threat to other drivers or road users. I would suspect that the policy would include use of polic e emergency equipment, sirens lights etc. I am sure that the rules in U.K would be similar to other jurisdictions that when emergency equipment is ac tivated other drivers should pull over and stop or at least leave space for the emergency vehicle to pass safely. It would appear that being suspect in a previous criminal act the participant is now commiting a second offence, failing to stop and driving therefore carelessly and without regard for other road users, the police are now put in to a situation if they do not act and an accident occurs they could also be accused of neglect of duty and sued for not carrying out an act of policy by forcefully taking out the offending dangerous and now accident causing vehicle. This I can see as justification for the action.

In the contrary I can see and understand the opinion of those who say that this policy opens a dangerous door for individuals to use it to perpetrate a violent act, it is an extreme even to someone who carried a lethal weapon to now being officially authorised to use my police vehicle in potentially the same way I would utilise my firearm, doing so with the possibility of fatal injury. Sometimes in our anxiety to find solution to a problem we create for ourselves what turns out to be a greater problem.

In my last many long years ago active policing high speed chases had caused enough accidents to have provincial policy on police being advised because of potential risk to not get into prolonged high speed chases, I know on TV now there is a commonly used system of flicking the rear of a chased vehicle to cause a swerve and subsequent halt, never was trained or thought of doing that, giving directions and utilising a spike belt more satisfactory.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's the deal with scooter theft. Is it competitive business couriers, drug gang couriers, or an other.  Why? 

It's more to do with crimes they commit on them, bag & mobile snatching.

extreme cases of acid attacks.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It's more to do with crimes they commit on them, bag & mobile snatching.

extreme cases of acid attacks.

Acid attacks, well...   The police should run their cars over the top of filth who do  evil things like that. You really need to be some kind of evil to attack someone with acid. 

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Diane Abbot is a vile human being with a chip on her shoulder the size of Wales. 

She pretty much sums up this Labour party perfectly and illustrates why they'll never be elected. 

Agreed, including bit about May.

7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

As seems typical of press coverage, what we see is not necessarily the fill picture.

These coppers aren't simply ramming every motorcyclist they see; nor are they taking random risks. They'll be weighing up the circumstances and taking the fokkers out if the risks (to innocent passers-by) are minimal.

Nobody can dispute that the fokkers deserve more than a little kicking. This is a storm in a teacup.

Spot on. They're highly trained to do it and on a case by case basis it's authorised by control if it's deemed a "safe" environment.

These measures are mostly taken at night in areas mostly void of other traffic and pedestrians. It's not like they're pinging moped neds around Oxford Street at 14:00 on a Saturday.

11 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Is that video the source of the discussion. I am possibly not seeing the whole thing but I didn't see the police knock anyone off a motor sc ooter. As it may not be the primary video but I saw what I took to be a police vehicle with a dash cam in pursuit of a suspect.  The suspect chose to drive at a speed faster than he could control causing him to  fall from his scooter. On at least one occasion the scooter rider took off on foot obviously feeling he was guilty of some thing and was avoiding arrest.

There used to be an old adage if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

If I was innocent of any suspected crime and a police car intentionally collided with me I would run off too in fairness for fear of what else they may do.

If someone of power tries to physically harm you, you should use your flight response and get the he'll out of there.

Edited by Taffin

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That’ll be because your white and love to play divide and rule  ?

Three quarters white, mate. :(

Brighton Jambo
9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Couldn’t agree more, I just read the full story and it just emphasises the police have taken tactical risk based decisions.  Diane Abbott however is an idiot pandering to the snowflake generation.  Every time she opens her mouth the chances of labour winning a GE get smaller.

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think we would emigrate.

We say in jest but it would genuienly come to that for me.  It would also see a huge rise in far right groups and I am sure that no-one wants that.

As a lawyer and an American, me and unilateral, summary police action aren't exactly the best of friends.

That said, having read the views of the experts here on JKB, it seems this policy is justified. Carry on.

A double whammy. Stupid and ugly.

FWIW, moped-riding thieves should be crushed along with their crappy little bikes.

Edited by Rousset1

Great to watch those shits getting dealt with. No doubt there will be the usual morons defending their right to thieve without the fear of being caught or hurt in the process.

55 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Great to watch those shits getting dealt with. No doubt there will be the usual morons defending their right to thieve without the fear of being caught or hurt in the process.

You do realise this sort of strawmanning is exactly why we have to have protections such as "innocent until proven guilty" in the first place.

YOU ARE WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS RON ?

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

If I was innocent of any suspected crime and a police car intentionally collided with me I would run off too in fairness for fear of what else they may do.

If someone of power tries to physically harm you, you should use your flight response and get the he'll out of there.

"moped ned" type post, imo.

7 hours ago, Taffin said:

But if you were innocent of a crime you would pull over when asked Shirley? The police aren't just going around London wiping out scooter riders wholesale Carmageddon-stylee...

luckyBatistuta

Posted this on the seethe thread, but was meant for here, really need to stop quickly posting at ranks between fares. ?

Picked a guy up in the taxi and we were chatting about drunks and society nowadays. I couldn’t believe it when he suddenly started talking about this very subject. He told me a story about his sister who lives in London and suffered a pretty horrific attack from these type of guys. He was telling me that they were having serious problems with this in the area where she lives. He said she was just walking along the street, when four big guys (not kids) pulled up on two mopeds.One of them jumped off, came over to her and punched her in the face. Whilst she was lying on the ground, he took her handbag and then got back on the moped and they left, leaving her lying there on the ground...absolute scum.

7 hours ago, trotter said:

But if you were innocent of a crime you would pull over when asked Shirley? The police aren't just going around London wiping out scooter riders wholesale Carmageddon-stylee...

If asked yes. If rammed to the ground no.

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

For clarity I've never been on a mopedin my life. 

What I tried to impart in my post that you commented on was that in a chase such as was being discussed the police lights would indicate to you that they wanted you  to stop. Failure to do so would I believe give them cause to stop you in a legal manner which seems to be what the policy does, if you then ran away on foot my suspicions would leap to high and you would be going down. Nothing alerts a police officer more than a fleeing subject.

21 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

:Standing ovation: 

20 hours ago, Justin Z said:

You do realise this sort of strawmanning is exactly why we have to have protections such as "innocent until proven guilty" in the first place.

YOU ARE WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS RON ?

What a slaver.

6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What a slaver.

Hah, you need to go searching for your lost sense of humour if you couldn't pick up the neatly laid sarcasm in that post.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Hah, you need to go searching for your lost sense of humour if you couldn't pick up the neatly laid sarcasm in that post.

I am unsure as to what is sarcasm and what isn't nowadays, the world has become so mental it's difficult to differentiate.

I apologise for being confused.

Anyway I did enjoy seeing those wee rats getting put on their arses.

23 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I am unsure as to what is sarcasm and what isn't nowadays, the world has become so mental it's difficult to differentiate.

I apologise for being confused.

Anyway I did enjoy seeing those wee rats getting put on their arses.

Heh all good mate. I enjoyed seeing that too, even as someone who thinks the practice is ripe for abuse, and who knows from work experience as a defence lawyer just how far police abuses go when they're left to their own devices.

The point I was trying to make with humour was, I don't think anyone's arguing they have the right to thieve, and we're all glad to see them laid out. I hope it's a strategy applied diligently and carefully so the only ones ever getting harmed are the actual pricks committing these crimes.

17 hours ago, Taffin said:

If asked yes. If rammed to the ground no.

Which is fair enough but makes my point. The police cars in question have blue lights and sirens, if you chose to ignore them and get rammed off then that's on the rider. 

There are politicians of the left and the right I despise. 

Many i despise but freely admit are very clever.

However D. Abbot is just simply a ridiciculous half Witt without basic numerousy as witnessed in her hilarious ‘cost of police officers’ interview.