A Third Gender

JyTees

To be fair, my grown up kids are more understanding ( in all senses of the word ) of this sort of stuff than I am. I’ll wait and see what the detail of any legislation is before jumping up and down. As mentioned earlier,  every new generation embraces stuff that previous generations find batshit crazy, irrelevant or dangerous. Such is life. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JyTees

• Bridge of Djoum

• i8hibsh

• doctor jambo

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, redm said:

Like I said, I don’t find this subject easy at all. I’m torn on lots of different parts of it. I want people to live as freely as they can but I struggle when those freedoms mean diminishing too many protections and rights for others. 

I hate to delve too deep into what I feel is probably scaremongering in some cases but I am worried about people taking advantage of the opportunity to exploit. Would some take extreme steps to access vulnerable people? Hell yes. That’s a hallmark characteristic with or without gender identification rights. 

Plus if we start losing a grasp on statistics we’re no longer able to identify who’s most at need or who’s most significantly impacted. It’s all just meaningless numbers. 

I’m refusing to get too annoyed by the trans women who spend their time arguing with people over whether or not they really do have periods. Social media seriously tests my ability to stay open minded sometimes :laugh2:

Language is certainly a victim. Is a trans woman a woman who is now "identifying" as or transitioning or transitioned to a man or a man doing  or having done the reverse?

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Language is certainly a victim. Is a trans woman a woman who is now "identifying" as or transitioning or transitioned to a man or a man doing  or having done the reverse?

A trans woman is usually a biological male identifying as a female. Tbf I think the term trans woman can already mean any of those things. 

Just don't ask what terms everyone starts using when pregnancy, giving birth and parenthood come into it. I get seriously lost at that point.

It all comes down to gestational carriers (or something). Basically reduced to being a womb. Argh. Blessed be the fruit.

giphy.gif

As an eighgteen year old boy in Port Said Egypt a couple of us went to an ice cream parlor that was quite famous, after enjoying our treat we went to the bathroom and were shocked to find it was asexual, men and women using privately of course but the same facility. Later in France found the same thing so if transgender persons want to use the same public toilet as I it won't affect me, when you gotta go you gotta go.

To be perfectly honest I am more concerned about Russia, terrorism, and whether Hearts and Vancouver Canucks will win anything big in my time more than who is sharing the public toilet.

12 hours ago, JyTees said:

Don't think many if any have said they're not bothered. Personally I think it's a ****ing disgrace the Scottish government are wasting time, resources and money on this shit. Looks to me like that's the general consensus.

I have to say I expect more from a government. 

if I went into a doctor and told them I want one of my healthy limbs cut off because I identify as an amputee they would likely recommend I go to Andrew Duncan's to be mentally assessed.  

Ultimately the same thing here..folks getting their breast and Genitals cut off which are otherwise healthy because they identify as something else. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

if I went into a doctor and told them I want one of my healthy limbs cut off because I identify as an amputee they would likely recommend I go to Andrew Duncan's to be mentally assessed.  

Ultimately the same thing here..folks getting their breast and Genitals cut off which are otherwise healthy because they identify as something else. 

Not the best example as I have seen this done.

Patient was insistent that her leg was not hers, that is was repulsive and depressing.

Went through loads of counselling / assessment and eventually persuaded a consultant to do the amputation.

Following the procedure she just went on to focus on something else that made her unhappy.

The problem was not the leg, it was the brain.

Just the inverse of the plastic surgery mob inflating things and tucking things.

If you invent a solution, you will create a problem as people no longer have to accept what they are.......

I worry the vulnerable are being exploited

3 minutes ago, southcap said:

So, can anyone give an example on how this could affect them or their quality of life?

Sure-

My daughter could end up sharing a changing room with a pubescent physically male trans in the swimming baths.

Whilst my sons would not really mind sharing facilities with a physically female pubescent  trans, I think there has to be some respect shown for the female sex- and what they may be exposed to .

This represents not a risk to males, but quite specifically to females- hence why many feminists are against this.

Until such "neutral" facilities are widely available then brakes should be applied.

As I have said- trans does not phase me- but I'm male.. its a whole different game for women who can find men quite threatening , and I can see why the presence of a penis in a female changing room would be upsetting- and would possibly be exploited by deviants.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, southcap said:

So, can anyone give an example on how this could affect them or their quality of life?

Well I need to buy a new dictionary for a start. My Concise OED is only 10 years old but already the definitions of  words like gender, wife, husband, man, woman, marriage, mother, father etc are hopelessly outdated and "sexist". (It took that useful old word gay much longer to undergo its transition). It is hardly surprising that for such very basic concepts to be overthrown in barely a decade makes some people uneasy or  disoriented or estranged. But those are just old narrow minded people and they don't matter, even if they may even be in the majority.

1 hour ago, southcap said:

You could refer to someone the wrong way, upset them, and end up fighting for your job, business and reputation.

As has already been mentioned, the thought of convicted sex offenders mixing with the opposite sex because they identify as the same sex would certainly be a concern.

You might just find a man with a beard and breasts in women's clothes uncomfortable but unfortunately they've just got a job beside you and now you need to share similar spaces.

I think there's a shed load of different scenarios we could ponder that could affect the quality of someones life. But as long as we pander to the tiny minority, then that's fine I suppose...

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Not the best example as I have seen this done.

Patient was insistent that her leg was not hers, that is was repulsive and depressing.

Went through loads of counselling / assessment and eventually persuaded a consultant to do the amputation.

Following the procedure she just went on to focus on something else that made her unhappy.

The problem was not the leg, it was the brain.

Just the inverse of the plastic surgery mob inflating things and tucking things.

If you invent a solution, you will create a problem as people no longer have to accept what they are.......

I worry the vulnerable are being exploited

This was surely private healthcare? That is a sad and depressing story. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

FFS.

Are you serious with this post?

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Sure-

My daughter could end up sharing a changing room with a pubescent physically male trans in the swimming baths.

Whilst my sons would not really mind sharing facilities with a physically female pubescent  trans, I think there has to be some respect shown for the female sex- and what they may be exposed to .

This represents not a risk to males, but quite specifically to females- hence why many feminists are against this.

Until such "neutral" facilities are widely available then brakes should be applied.

As I have said- trans does not phase me- but I'm male.. its a whole different game for women who can find men quite threatening , and I can see why the presence of a penis in a female changing room would be upsetting- and would possibly be exploited by deviants.

After my work out this morning at the gym I witnessed a penis in the changing room that I found quite upsetting.

My own.

20 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

After my work out this morning at the gym I witnessed a penis in the changing room that I found quite upsetting.

My own.

At least you can still see it

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Genuine question as I've obviously lived a sheltered life

What is the third gender?

If it means gender neutral then there isn't a third gender but people who don't accept they have a gender. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

FFS.

Are you serious with this post?

I hope he is, I identify as a octopus so I could get his unwanted limbs. 

29 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I hope he is, I identify as a octopus so I could get his unwanted limbs. 

Only if you identify as a male octopus.

9 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I'll take that as the compliment I'm sure it was intended to be. ?

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

X

Someone has to say it. Get a room! ;)

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Someone has to say it. Get a room! ;)

I will if all 3 genders are present.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I will if all 3 genders are present.

They'll have to invent a name for that now. FMX?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

They'll have to invent a name for that now. FMX?

Well, XFM have that particular abbreviation covered...

On 27/11/2018 at 12:32, davemclaren said:

To be fair, my grown up kids are more understanding ( in all senses of the word ) of this sort of stuff than I am. I’ll wait and see what the detail of any legislation is before jumping up and down. As mentioned earlier,  every new generation embraces stuff that previous generations find batshit crazy, irrelevant or dangerous. Such is life. 

As is mine, and as are his mates, and many of my younger colleagues.  Me, I just do my best to keep up, 'cos I'm a middle-aged saddo.

I'll tell you what, though.  I'm not sure I have a lot of time for "whatever you're having yourself" gender identification, and I'm sometimes inclined to wonder if we're looking at a case of first world problems.  But if I'm forced to choose between that and some of the pig-headed narrow-minded mean-spirited nastiness I see from some posters on this thread, it's no contest - I've never gone for that "where do we draw the line" hatful of horseshite, and I'm not about to start now.

I wonder sometimes would people find it easier to relax and be comfortable aligning their gender identity with their birth sex if we weren't so ****-witted and arsey about gender roles in the first place.

For those of you who care about these things, the UK appears to be seeking to bring its gender recognition legislation into line with the law we've had in Ireland since 2015.  Our society has done some oddball things since 2015, but it hasn't collapsed yet.  Just a thought.

In all seriousness, what would you be if you were up town on a Sat night and you ended up tapping someone of this 'third gender'  Would you be bisexual? Perhaps we need to invent another word in preperation as trust me i'd tap anything nowadays.

Trisexual? Hi, I am i8 and I am trisexual. Would I get my own letter in the highly exclusive LGBT community? Would I be entitled to my own safe space that comes with it? I see it kinda like being so important at work you get your own parking space.

Edited by i8hibsh

I assume it means something to those who are trans. It doesn’t negatively affect anyone as far as I can figure out, so I don’t really see the need to get animated about it either way. I think maybe the OP is just trawling the Internet looking for things to get offended at. ?

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

In all seriousness, what would you be if you were up town on a Sat night and you ended up tapping someone of this 'third gender'  Would you be bisexual? Perhaps we need to invent another word in preperation as trust me i'd tap anything nowadays.

Trisexual? Hi, I am i8 and I am trisexual. Would I get my own letter in the highly exclusive LGBT community? Would I be entitled to my own safe space that comes with it? I see it kinda like being so important at work you get your own parking space.

If the 3rd gender person was a man then you would be gay if it was a woman then you would just be straight.

16 minutes ago, Herbert said:

If the 3rd gender person was a man then you would be gay if it was a woman then you would just be straight.

I await to see what noun and subsequent pronoun (s) they demand we use.  They will have a non binary construct though that is for sure.

Edited by i8hibsh

50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I await to see what noun and subsequent pronoun (s) they demand we use.  They will have a non binary construct though that is for sure.

They can demand all they want but it's pointless because there is no 3rd gender. Your either a man or woman anyone wanting to be anything else and demanding I play along in their fantasy world can **** off to a safe space and have a meltdown.

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

They can demand all they want but it's pointless because there is no 3rd gender. Your either a man or woman anyone wanting to be anything else and demanding I play along in their fantasy world can **** off to a safe space and have a meltdown.

You sir are transphobic and probably a homophobe and  a racist too.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

You sir are transphobic and probably a homophobe and  a racist too.

I'm none of the above I'm more chionophobic. 

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

I'm none of the above I'm more chionophobic. 

Like it.  Without doubt there will be a new kinda 'phobic' today so like that.

Tomorrow I am going to be a dicannyphobic

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Like it.  Without doubt there will be a new kinda 'phobic' today so like that.

Tomorrow I am going to be a dicannyphobic

A dicanny is that what non binary people instead of a dick and *****?