Rezurection

superjack

I've seen the ads for a rez reunion for next April. Part of me would love to go and reminisce but part of me feels I'm too old and wouldn't enjoy it.

Don't think I'd go for the white gloves again though, or the whistle.

Rupert Pupkin

It’s Rezerection in name only,that moment in time has gone , and those days have passed.

The brand is now owned by Jon Campbell of TTF fame... and that says it all ..

Been told it’s colours behind it with Campbell fronting it. Expect a typical scottish bouncy line up with very little else. I will be giving it a steer!

Rupert Pupkin
3 hours ago, Kenbo said:

Been told it’s colours behind it with Campbell fronting it. Expect a typical scottish bouncy line up with very little else. I will be giving it a steer!

Yeah,at best it will be a poor imitation of when Rez was sh@t. No doubt TTF will be the headline act..

22 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Yeah,at best it will be a poor imitation of when Rez was sh@t. No doubt TTF will be the headline act..

Would be nice if Colours can influence some of the original acts from back then, but can’t see it. It will be the Campbell show through and through...... and a daytime event as well no doubt!

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Will be full of neds and **** hardcore DJs. The Nightvision events at Ingliston are a far better bet for a decent experience. 

Oh aye! Deek % co put on a good event. TBH suprised Ingliston are even entertaining Campbell or the Rez name. The Banging Bullsh@t Show! 

Rupert Pupkin

I believe Charly Lo-Noise and Mental Theo are one confirmed act... and for that reason I’m out.. 

11 hours ago, superjack said:

I've seen the ads for a rez reunion for next April. Part of me would love to go and reminisce but part of me feels I'm too old and wouldn't enjoy it.

Don't think I'd go for the white gloves again though, or the whistle.

Just checked your age in your profile. Like me you're retired or should have from that BS. 

10 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

It’s Rezerection in name only,that moment in time has gone , and those days have passed.

The brand is now owned by Jon Campbell of TTF fame... and that says it all ..

John Campbell was and still is no doubt a rangers loving bellend! I know a story that someone connected to Rhythmic State decked him at The Fubar. Rave scene politics started that one.

Don't get me started on Ultrachronic (sic).

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just checked your age in your profile. Like me you're retired or should have from that BS. 

I know what you mean but part of me thinks it would be a good night for a one off. Mind you, the days of indulging in disco biscuits are long gone so in probably only last until 1 AM before wanting my bed.

Rupert Pupkin

A guess at some of the acts.

TTF

Bass Generator

Scott Brown 

Mallorca Lee/Ultrasonic tribute

Technotrance

Chalrly Lo-Noise and Mental Theo

Dream Frequency

Imo it’ll be full of phone wielding young team and old geriatrics trying to prove they are still “cool and relevant”

It can never be how it was, and Rez got pretty crap after Event 2 anyway ,which is when I stopped going.

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

I know what you mean but part of me thinks it would be a good night for a one off. Mind you, the days of indulging in disco biscuits are long gone so in probably only last until 1 AM before wanting my bed.

:rofl:I agree. Don't think I could do that all over again. I'm lucky to have survived it first time round.

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

:rofl:I agree. Don't think I could do that all over again. I'm lucky to have survived it first time round.

Yeah, I'll think I'll find some clips of it afterwards on you tube so I don't have to take off my slippers to enjoy.

And on a bright note, at least I won't have chewed my bottom lip off.

40 minutes ago, superjack said:

Disco biscuits.  :rofl:

Rupert Pupkin
28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Disco Biscuits? What are those, are they like Party Rings? ????

728BD6BA-42C9-4F21-B5F1-BAD93981B7CE.jpeg

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

34 minutes ago, superjack said:

Yeah, I'll think I'll find some clips of it afterwards on you tube so I don't have to take off my slippers to enjoy.

And on a bright note, at least I won't have chewed my bottom lip off.

Just thinking about it has got me chewing my lip. Think I will have another search for that Dove I lost on my white carpet. Haha. No feckin chance of finding it. Probably melted into the carpet or the hoover had it :laugh:

Edited by Marvin

44 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just thinking about it has got me chewing my lip. Think I will have another search for that Dove I lost on my white carpet. Haha. No feckin chance of finding it. Probably melted into the carpet or the hoover had it :laugh:

The thought of Henry taking eccies and dancing for 9 hours.

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

It's how I was first introduced to them in 1992.

Then it was snowballs. 

And then white doves.

28 minutes ago, superjack said:

It's how I was first introduced to them in 1992.

Then it was snowballs. 

And then white doves.

It’s brilliant, Jack.  I’ve never heard that one before.

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s brilliant, Jack.  I’ve never heard that one before.

You've clearly not been biscuit shopping in Aldi either...

image.png.1e397b0a6388b32ad7351e42107abcbe.png

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

You've clearly not been biscuit shopping in Aldi either...

image.png.1e397b0a6388b32ad7351e42107abcbe.png

Clearly not!  

Mind you, I’ve never been in an Aldi in my life, I don’t even know if there is one in Edinburgh.

Rupert Pupkin

I’d you lived through the 90’s and never heard the term “Disco Biscuit” I suggest you are a fraud and an undercover CID agent..???

7 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

I’d you lived through the 90’s and never heard the term “Disco Biscuit” I suggest you are a fraud and an undercover CID agent..???

:laugh:

Pretty sure Jon's already confirmed that he / TTF actually WONT form part of the lineup.

TTF play Ingilston on their own along with a pretty impressive lineup in just a couple of weeks time - I believe Jon's keen to keep the TTF side of things on its own.

I know a lot of folk have opinions of the guy, and stories to tell - but he can no doubt say the exact same. TTF remain one f the biggest / best / most relevant dance acts this country have ever produced. 25 years on and still going strong - you have to admire that whether you love or hate them.

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

Pretty sure Jon's already confirmed that he / TTF actually WONT form part of the lineup.

TTF play Ingilston on their own along with a pretty impressive lineup in just a couple of weeks time - I believe Jon's keen to keep the TTF side of things on its own.

I know a lot of folk have opinions of the guy, and stories to tell - but he can no doubt say the exact same. TTF remain one f the biggest / best / most relevant dance acts this country have ever produced. 25 years on and still going strong - you have to admire that whether you love or hate them.

If TTF are not on that line up I will eat ky own hat (won’t really). Jon has had them on at every Rezerection event since he bought the name. So why would he change now. They may be playing there next month, but he has played at the same venue in the space of a few months plenty of times in the past. 

Direct quote from Jon:

"in this world there are negative people and there are good people. I just love seeing tons of saying how when they watched the rez video that the hairs stood up on their arms, these of course are the good people..... the ones who dare to dream.

TTF and Rezerection are separate, i'll be in attendance but i'm not playing. Its no secret that i'm a commercial dance producer so The Time Frequency's place is at our own shows.

On 6th April next year the Rez dream is alive, but its no longer my dream, I did that its done and on the 6th all the negative people will sit at home wondering why they're not happy as everyone smiles and laughs under the dome'

And in subsequent replies to that, also:

'This isn't about ego plus we've got our own fish to fry and I've been trolled for years by people saying I was using rez to promote ttf when in fact it was the other way around'

Different crowds, different styles, different reach and different market. Jon knows that fine well.

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

Direct quote from Jon:

"in this world there are negative people and there are good people. I just love seeing tons of saying how when they watched the rez video that the hairs stood up on their arms, these of course are the good people..... the ones who dare to dream.

TTF and Rezerection are separate, i'll be in attendance but i'm not playing. Its no secret that i'm a commercial dance producer so The Time Frequency's place is at our own shows.

On 6th April next year the Rez dream is alive, but its no longer my dream, I did that its done and on the 6th all the negative people will sit at home wondering why they're not happy as everyone smiles and laughs under the dome'

And in subsequent replies to that, also:

'This isn't about ego plus we've got our own fish to fry and I've been trolled for years by people saying I was using rez to promote ttf when in fact it was the other way around'

Different crowds, different styles, different reach and different market. Jon knows that fine well.

We’ll see mate. “Surprise PA” or something! 

You may well be right mate, just passing on what i've seen / heard at this point.

The Rez thing for me is a bit of a surprise to be honest - and while the idea of it gets me all a bit misty eyed and a little bit giddy, i'll be honest and say the prospect of the TTF gig in December carries more appeal for me these days than a Rez event.

Will wait and see what the lineup looks like before passing judgement though.

12 minutes ago, Erik said:

You may well be right mate, just passing on what i've seen / heard at this point.

The Rez thing for me is a bit of a surprise to be honest - and while the idea of it gets me all a bit misty eyed and a little bit giddy, i'll be honest and say the prospect of the TTF gig in December carries more appeal for me these days than a Rez event.

Will wait and see what the lineup looks like before passing judgement though.

Totally. If they can recapture the early groundbreaking line ups i will be there like a shot. Although not sure i could handle a full all nighter anymore Hahahaha 

Rupert Pupkin

I saw footage of a The Rhythmic State gig recently on a Facebook page. Most of the crowd were standing pointing their phones at the stage. Sadly I think Rez will be the same, so however you dress it up it will never be, and never can recapture that certain vibe, where no one cared how you looked and you simply got “lost in music”

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

29 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

I saw footage of a The Rhythmic State gig recently on a Facebook page. Most of the crowd were standing pointing their phones at the stage. Sadly I think Rez will be the same, so however you dress it up it will never be, and never can recapture that certain vibe, where no one cared how you looked and you simply got “lost in music”

This! sadly.

So glad I caught the tail end of the good clubbing years (late 90s/early 00s) when I was in my late teens/20s. Decent Heath Ledgers, everyone dancing, nobody looking at phones.

If clubs want to recapture the vibes of old they need to start taking the Berghain approach and banning mobile phones from the venue.

...a bit disco

Ah well.

That'll be Blance & Welsh's crews 35th anniversary reunion sorted then.

My lasting memory of my last rez probably 24-25 years ago was seeing prodigy and suburban delay.  Suburban delay introduced Elton John on keyboard and the place went nuts even though it was obviously a lookalike. I went out to car around 0500 hours as grooverider came on and played the heaviest set ever which i just couldn't deal with.  Good times

On 26/11/2018 at 05:31, Ray Gin said:

So glad I caught the tail end of the good clubbing years (late 90s/early 00s) when I was in my late teens/20s. Decent Heath Ledgers, everyone dancing, nobody looking at phones.

If clubs want to recapture the vibes of old they need to start taking the Berghain approach and banning mobile phones from the venue.

Yeah same here. Edinburgh used to have loads if brilliant house / hard house / techno / trance nights back then. There was something different on every week!

For me the names werent doves, by then we'd moved on to Mitsi's and Playstations ?

My friend actually called her cat Mitsi which was an interesting conversation when her mum asked, 'why did you name it after a car?' ??

Edited by trotter

8 hours ago, trotter said:

Yeah same here. Edinburgh used to have loads if brilliant house / hard house / techno / trance nights back then. There was something different on every week!

For me the names werent doves, by then we'd moved on to Mitsi's and Playstations ?

My friend actually called her cat Mitsi which was an interesting conversation when her mum asked, 'why did you name it after a car?' ??

'98 Mitsi's were spectacular.

OqM3JRT.gif

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

OqM3JRT.gif

100% this.  Incredible.  They were still amazing in the early 00's. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Probably the greatest musical experience of my life was at Rez.

Cant remember which one? Might have been Event 3? Dye Witness "The Future".

Thousands and thousands of people absolutely buzzing their tits off when the famous words "Scotland crew. Raise your hands to the roof" came out.

Still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!!

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

OqM3JRT.gif

Everytime I see that gif, I just think what a night it would be if you met Pierre Luigi Collina off his tits. 

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

OqM3JRT.gif

They were no bad, preferred the early 90s snowballs though.

• 2 weeks later...
Rupert Pupkin

Line up has been released, and I must say I am pleasantly surprised,

Dave Angel, Joey Beltram, Frankie Bones, N- Joi, Shades Of Rhythm , etc to name a few. 

Also plenty crap on it but two arenas will work.. 

1 hour ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Line up has been released, and I must say I am pleasantly surprised,

Dave Angel, Joey Beltram, Frankie Bones, N- Joi, Shades Of Rhythm , etc to name a few. 

Also plenty crap on it but two arenas will work.. 

I just seen it as well. I think I would love to go, but at the same time I feel too old to enjoy it now. I noticed the ti.es it is on is catering for the older person now. When I ised to go it was 8 pm to 8 am, now it starts at 1300 and is on until 2 AM. 

Will the place still be full of plain clothes police? They were like the rave scenes answer to the SFA.

Edited by superjack

• 1 year later...
Anythingatol01
On 28/11/2018 at 14:11, superjack said:

They were no bad, preferred the early 90s snowballs though.

On 28/11/2018 at 08:51, Ray Gin said:

OqM3JRT.gif

Aw wit !!! Reading aw these comments in disbelief ffs 🙈🙉🙊1998 ? Chance eh yer mitsis having any XTCEEE in them at aw pal ? MAIR chance eh trottin on down on thee dance floor rite ooot yer hoofs😲😲😲 numb no the word eh 😈😈

Aye neighhhhhhh bother lads - n not one fk shall be given either - wen I say, for me, the rave scene as I knew it died a death in 94 n not that far from yer own home town either coz a herd eh evil greedy cowards (no casuals🙊) *******s seen a quick earner n extc n freedom on the floor was replaced way wit ?? Those in the know will know ;) those who knew will know ;) but see me n JC n the other guy who quoted Jon earlier -  a hink us three at least know that aye,  styles change, marketing will change,  n clearly most eh u pipe n slipper types NEED to change - coz wat wld they neighbours say eh 🎭 😇😤😓 or yer wife fur that matter lol 😂😂😂ll say no more apart from wat ave bn tryin to fur ages then Jon a hink yer a **** legend n a wld dance at every one eh yer events fae here on in mate n a bet yer NAE DIFFERENT to wen it aw started bk in the day, yer old skool or yer not- ye get it or ye don't, if yer no aff yer on,  n if yer no in yer oot !!! See up until last year @the rez ? a swear apart fae my soul mate a didnt think there was any **** left 💃💃💃💃💃Aww am offski lol n nuhin but respect fur yeez aw mind over n out L ❤💙💙 XXX

2 hours ago, Anythingatol01 said:

Aw wit !!! Reading aw these comments in disbelief ffs 🙈🙉🙊1998 ? Chance eh yer mitsis having any XTCEEE in them at aw pal ? MAIR chance eh trottin on down on thee dance floor rite ooot yer hoofs😲😲😲 numb no the word eh 😈😈

Aye neighhhhhhh bother lads - n not one fk shall be given either - wen I say, for me, the rave scene as I knew it died a death in 94 n not that far from yer own home town either coz a herd eh evil greedy cowards (no casuals🙊) *******s seen a quick earner n extc n freedom on the floor was replaced way wit ?? Those in the know will know ;) those who knew will know ;) but see me n JC n the other guy who quoted Jon earlier -  a hink us three at least know that aye,  styles change, marketing will change,  n clearly most eh u pipe n slipper types NEED to change - coz wat wld they neighbours say eh 🎭 😇😤😓 or yer wife fur that matter lol 😂😂😂ll say no more apart from wat ave bn tryin to fur ages then Jon a hink yer a **** legend n a wld dance at every one eh yer events fae here on in mate n a bet yer NAE DIFFERENT to wen it aw started bk in the day, yer old skool or yer not- ye get it or ye don't, if yer no aff yer on,  n if yer no in yer oot !!! See up until last year @the rez ? a swear apart fae my soul mate a didnt think there was any **** left 💃💃💃💃💃Aww am offski lol n nuhin but respect fur yeez aw mind over n out L ❤💙💙 XXX

Someone been on the disco biscuits already? 🤪🤪🤪

Just for the record all youse going on about mitsis. They were the hibs of the ecstasy brand. Now if you were the offer me a Dove or New Yorker, then I will bite your hand off.

Mitsis  :facepalm: