Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 2/12/18 - final total ( updated )

Dagger Is Back

Another great initiative. I can't drop anything off in person but chipped in earlier in the week. Getting very close to that target - good effort all.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I might not be able to make it to the food bank collection tomorrow as l have my daughter tomorrow and won't be going to the game. Is there any other drop-off points or do l just drop it off at the shop? I've given a small monetary donation meantime until l get some foodstuff together. Thanks in advance.

There are no other drop off points tomorrow I’m afraid. I’m sure though that COSS would be delighted if you were able to donate any goods. 

Thank you for your donation and support 

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

There are no other drop off points tomorrow I’m afraid. I’m sure though that COSS would be delighted if you were able to donate any goods. 

Thank you for your donation and support 

Ok no probs, l will try to get along at some point this month. I'm trying to teach my 5 year old daughter that not everyone is as fortunate as we are (esp at this time of year) so will definitely get her to go to the shops with me to choose some items and may bring her along to the shop (her mother permitting!) to let her see what it's all about. Her school are also doing a food collection.

Dagger Is Back
16 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Ok no probs, l will try to get along at some point this month. I'm trying to teach my 5 year old daughter that not everyone is as fortunate as we are (esp at this time of year) so will definitely get her to go to the shops with me to choose some items and may bring her along to the shop (her mother permitting!) to let her see what it's all about. Her school are also doing a food collection.

?

Dagger Is Back

Target reached!!  That is amazing, and we've beaten last years total with still 3 days to go.

Just a reminder that the Foodbank Collection is taking place in 15 minutes until kick off today at the Foundation Plaza

Thank you JKB.

13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Target reached!!  That is amazing, and we've beaten last years total with still 3 days to go.

Just a reminder that the Foodbank Collection is taking place in 15 minutes until kick off today at the Foundation Plaza

Thank you JKB.

Got my bag ready.

We’ve hit our initial target of £2000 but will still take donations up to Wednesday 5/12. Thanks to everyone for their generosity both with online money donations and bringing tins today. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Taking any final online donations until Wednesday. A massive £2070 raised so far. 

Now over £2100 pounds. Amazing generosity from people. ?

On 20/11/2018 at 22:28, Dagger Is Back said:

On 2 December, the day of the home game against Rangers, Big Hearts will host their third Foodbank Collection in support of the Community One Stop Shop. http://www.coss-broomhouse.org.uk/ Last year Hearts fans kindly contributed 800kg of supplies and donated £2000, which allowed COSS to support 167 families for a month.

The Community One Stop Shop has been assisting the residents of Broomhouse and its surrounding area, for over 16 years. In November 2012, they launched the Broomhouse Foodbank which offers free packs of food to families and individuals in crisis.

Supported by donations of non-perishable food, they are able to make a real difference to families living in poverty in the area.

The collection will be held between 1030am and noon at Foundation Plaza, where donations can be handed in to the team of volunteers in attendance.

The following suggested items would be gratefully received;

- Tinned meat/fish

- UHT or powdered milk

- Soup/Rice/Couscous

- Tinned beans/vegetables

- Tinned meals

- Cereals/Biscuits

Many people find it difficult to support events like this in terms of finding the time to get donations along to a collection point etc, so with the agreement of the JKB Board, we’ve set up a donations function to allow people to contribute financially to this worthwhile cause. This will run from now until 5 December.

If you’d like to donate, please follow this link  https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/clients/donations/

The proceeds will be collected, and once we have a final amount, the Community One Stop Shop will draw up a shopping list of much needed items which will allow them to continue to support families into the New Year.  The JKB Board have generously agreed to cover all Paypal fees which means 100% of funds donated will go to COSS for the benefit of local families. 

JKB has a long and proud history of supporting many charitable causes and any contribution you can make will be much appreciated.

I’d like to thank the JKB Board for their valued advice and support.

Social media_matchday collection.jpg

Currently at £2355 and this is the last day for online donations. 

Dagger Is Back

A MASSIVE thank you to all who supported this years campaign not only in terms of food donations, but also via online financial donations.

We had a fantastic response both from JKB members and guests, and raised an amazing £2375. Our JKB Board are kindly covering all Paypal fees and have rounded the final figure up to £2500!! Thank you to the team for their support and giving us the platform we need.

These monies are going to help COSS make a huge difference to local families in need, at a very difficult time of year. Once we have a final tally from COSS we'll update you here too.

The generosity of folks never ceases to amaze me, so thank you JKB

21 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

A MASSIVE thank you to all who supported this years campaign not only in terms of food donations, but also via online financial donations.

We had a fantastic response both from JKB members and guests, and raised an amazing £2375. Our JKB Board are kindly covering all Paypal fees and have rounded the final figure up to £2500!! Thank you to the team for their support and giving us the platform we need.

These monies are going to help COSS make a huge difference to local families in need, at a very difficult time of year. Once we have a final tally from COSS we'll update you here too.

The generosity of folks never ceases to amaze me, so thank you JKB

It always amazes me too.  Thank you everyone who donated!  :bravo:

Missed the cash donation partly due to having a machine that predates windows7 which has not coped well with the insipid surreptious upgrades that microsoft insist on installing buttook along a few bags and had a great chat with Carol. Well done fellow arseholes

Dagger Is Back

Got an update from COSS today and it looks like approx. 400-440kg of supplies were donated, along with cash donations on the day of £317. JKB have added £2500 to the final total.

COSS are overwhelmed by peoples kindness and very grateful to everyone who helped.

Thanks folks

4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Got an update from COSS today and it looks like approx. 400-440kg of supplies were donated, along with cash donations on the day of £317. JKB have added £2500 to the final total.

COSS are overwhelmed by peoples kindness and very grateful to everyone who helped.

Thanks folks

Well done. ?