Gazza Cleared of Sexual Assault ( updated )

Sooperstar

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• maroonsgotop

• Bridge of Djoum

• Last Laff

51 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They are. The person who makes the false accusation is then prosecuted at which point the anonymity afforded to the victim or potential victim of a crime under the Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act  2009 doesn’t apply. It would be two entirely separate court cases or series of cases with only protection offered in the first instance when the person has victim status. As the accused in the subsequent case they would no longer be protected and given anonymity.

Maybe in Scotland, but not in England, I'll give you an example.

Many years ago there was a case in Carlisle, a guy who was accused of rape, he got convicted, spent several years in jail, but at some point his accuser started to brag about getting an innocent man jailed, long story short he eventually got released, conviction quashed and she was charged with perjury etc, she got jailed, but she couldn't be named for legal reasons, feck the legal reasons, that guy lost everything, his job, home, wife, kids every single thing, he lost the lot, and then to rub salt into the wounds when he's proven to have been telling the truth all along and his accuser admitted that she'd made the whole thing up, he doesn't get justice in the fact of the whole world knowing who she is and what she'd done because she hide behind some anonymity shite, and the law allowed her to do it.

Now I'm not against, in principle, people being named in these type of cases, however if it ends up to be no case to answer or the accuser is proved to be telling lies then the media should be forced to report this as well and with the same gusto as they did when the guy got lifted, but the way it works or at least the way it seems, when a guy is accused of any sexual offence he’s guilty until he proves himself innocent.

I don't doubt the man's a screwball but he's certainly an easy target. 

What constitutes "sexual assault" nowadays? I watched some nutjob recently claim she was sexualy assaulted by a toddler who brushed past her in a shop not that long ago. 

Not saying Gazza's innocent or guilty. I think the rush to have him hung before the facts are known are typical of society at the moment though...and certainly typical of this place.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe in Scotland, but not in England, I'll give you an example.

Many years ago there was a case in Carlisle, a guy who was accused of rape, he got convicted, spent several years in jail, but at some point his accuser started to brag about getting an innocent man jailed, long story short he eventually got released, conviction quashed and she was charged with perjury etc, she got jailed, but she couldn't be named for legal reasons, feck the legal reasons, that guy lost everything, his job, home, wife, kids every single thing, he lost the lot, and then to rub salt into the wounds when he's proven to have been telling the truth all along and his accuser admitted that she'd made the whole thing up, he doesn't get justice in the fact of the whole world knowing who she is and what she'd done because she hide behind some anonymity shite, and the law allowed her to do it.

Now I'm not against, in principle, people being named in these type of cases, however if it ends up to be no case to answer or the accuser is proved to be telling lies then the media should be forced to report this as well and with the same gusto as they did when the guy got lifted, but the way it works or at least the way it seems, when a guy is accused of any sexual offence he’s guilty until he proves himself innocent.

Maybe special circumstances required that she retained anonymity?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-45839644

This woman has been named but the case against the alleged rapist(s) never proceeded due to lack of evidence and she’s been subsequently been prosecuted.  

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe special circumstances required that she retained anonymity?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-45839644

This woman has been named but the case against the alleged rapist(s) never proceeded due to lack of evidence and she’s been subsequently been prosecuted.  

I couldn't tell you, but the whole case stank from start to finish, he ended up being convicted on her say so and her say so alone there was no evidence, nothing, but the jury believed her.

I once went down to watch a rugby game in Newcastle circa 2002/2003. Newcastle Falcons were playing Harlequins. My two sons played rugby at the time and were daft on Johnny Wilkinson. After the game, we waited at the tunnel entrance, with a few other dads, hoping to get a chance to meet the players. My son at the time kept harping on about, “when’s Johnny gonna turn up, will he turn up, where is he blah blah blah” On hearing this a big tall chap, about 6,4 asked me if my kids were waiting on Johnny Wilkinson and what were a family from Scotland doing down here watching English rugby? I said my boys are JW daft and think he’s great, so I promised I’d take them to see him play. Anyway at that he said, hang on I’ll call him. I said do you know him, which he replied, I should do I’m his dad Phil Wilkinson. 

Anyway he rings him on his phone and said “Johnny, there’s a couple of young Scots  lads down to see you play. Can you come out and have a word with them. Sure enough he said, I’m on the treatment table but give me 15 mins! 

As as we were waiting, about 20-30 or so dads and sons, out of the tunnel walked a very drunk Paul Gascoigne. It was just after the time he had finished  playing in China and through his friend Liam Botham, who played for the Falcons, managed to train with the team to keep his fitness up. He had been in the hospitality all day doing what he does best, getting Bevvied. Two young kids about 6-7, on seeing him, shouted in their best Geordie accents, “haway it’s Paulie Gascoigne. Haway Gazza, can you giv is yer autograph?”  To which he turned round and shouted **** off to the little kids. The youngest burst out crying and his dad put his arms around him and said, never mind, were here to see Johnny. 

Ive never forgotten that day and how that cretin behaved to young kids, especially Geordie kids who idolised him. For the record, Johnny Wilkinson came out, even though slightly  injured, spoke with all the kids, signed autographs and spent 20 mins of his own time thanking them all and asking if they enjoyed themselves. A true gentleman and legend of the sport. As for Gazza, he can’t **** right off in my book. Wife beater, alcoholic and sex pest. To think he was even considered for the HOF is a joke and a slap n the face to the real legends who are there and the ones who deserve to be there! 

As others have noted he has had plenty chances and the money for decent therapy which might have helped his " demons " Truth is he an alcoholic wife beater who debases women and I for one am not surprised with this allegation. Sadly for him he wasn't / isn't very bright so could never get a career in football work / commentating unlike his contemporary Gary Liniker . 

The whole reported story sounds weird and so very Gazza, as some have said he get's a very easy ride from the sports media maybe this will be a turning point in that regard.

Captain Sausage

He’s an absolute waster. Similar to Best. If they were the average punter, they’d be looked down on like scum on a shoe. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

This from the BBC report into his court appearance today.

Screenshot_20190108-165641_BBC News.jpg

Jesus suffering **** 

The man is a complete ****ing moron 

Edited by Jim Weir

Bazzas right boot
On 19/11/2018 at 18:48, JyTees said:

I don't doubt the man's a screwball but he's certainly an easy target. 

What constitutes "sexual assault" nowadays? I watched some nutjob recently claim she was sexualy assaulted by a toddler who brushed past her in a shop not that long ago. 

Not saying Gazza's innocent or guilty. I think the rush to have him hung before the facts are known are typical of society at the moment though...and certainly typical of this place.

Was thinking the same. 

The term get branded about allot and creates a shock headline. 

Slap on the arse v rape. 

Both are wrong, for sure but some headlines open with " sexual assault", and you then read it and its some idiot with a wolf whistle. 

A week later, same headline and it involves rape. 

Bit of a difference. Grinds my gears. 

Gazza is an easy target, but no doubt the guy is a bit of a twat, for whatever reasons. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Going by reports and photos of his court appearance. He was a bit tipsy going on worse for wear..

The guy drinks more than Ant McPartlin; probably doesn't have a sober minute of the week. If he's wrong, then the damage he's done to himself over the years is massive. He needs to be locked up for his own good.

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:02, Bridge of Djoum said:

i don't give a **** about his alcohol or mental health issues. The guy is an utter cretin and always has been. 

careful, similar lack of sympathy got me a thread ban.

On 20/11/2018 at 19:48, Captain Sausage said:

He’s an absolute waster. Similar to Best. If they were the average punter, they’d be looked down on like scum on a shoe. 

Not by me they wouldnt

It’s the new get out of jail for the dickheads in this world.

”yes yes but I get depression and anxiety” and next thing you know society let’s them off the hook.

do me a ****en favour will ya

He doesn't have a single brain cell, never did. Keyhole exploration was carried from the top of the skull, but all they found was candy floss, angel delight and toffee.

kirkierobroy
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

He doesn't have a single brain cell, never did. Keyhole exploration was carried from the top of the skull, but all they found was candy floss, angel delight and toffee.

Marinated in Toon Broon.

• 4 months later...

Cue Rangers and Tottenham arseholes sharing photos of him as a player reminding us that "that's the real Gazza" as opposed to the alkie, junkie that he's just pretended to be for about the last 20 years

maroonsgotop
9 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

ffs absolutely tragic. saw Gazza play a number of times including when he scored that 35 yard screamer of a free kick past Seaman in the 1991 FA Cup semi at Wembley and also in the Italia 90 World Cup semi against West Germany in Turin. Without doubt the best player of his generation and now just a shambling wreck of a man. So sad and reminiscent of Georgie Best  in so many ways 

Edited by maroonsgotop

peter_hmfc

Didn't realise he had such a lengthy incidents sheet as well. I knew it was bad but ****.

"Taken to court and fined over a hit and run incident."

"Shoplifted to fund gambling addictions."

"Admitted violence towards then-wife Sheryl."

Tax avoiding.

"Harassing an ex-girlfriend and assaulting a photographer."

"Threatening or abusive words or behaviour after telling a racist joke in November 2015 and racially abusing his black bodyguard."

"Allegedly made racist remarks according to a witness in a London hotel."

"Arrested for a disturbance outside a takeaway in February 2010."

"The following month he was charged with drunk driving, driving without a licence, and driving without insurance."

"In October 2010, Gascoigne was arrested for drunk driving. He subsequently admitted being more than four times over the limit."

"He was arrested for assaulting a railway security guard and being drunk and disorderly at Stevenage railway station on 4 July 2013."

"On 20 August 2018, Gascoigne was arrested at Durham station by British Transport Police for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman on board a train.[201] In November 2018 he was charged with sexual assault and was due to appear in court on the charge in December 2018."

Edited by peter_hmfc

Bull's-eye

Not for me, posting that sort of Shit.

Gazza obviously had serious mental issues and if he's going to self destruct I'd rather it was a private destruction.

peter_hmfc
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The boys an absolute prick for putting that on Twitter as well. 

Celtic fan.

Bazzas right boot

Boy is ****ed. But even in that clip he talks more sense than many on here. 

Alchol related dimentia/ Parkinsons type condition it looks like. 

Not unlike McLeish I thought, a funny look about a person like this. 

Don't wish him harm, All self inflicted tho, so hard to feel sorry for him, however posting that is a bit below the belt. 

He has been treated so leniently so many times he thinks he is untouchable

Time to see him get the same kind of sentence the normal man in the street would get and lets not listen to his famous friends going on and on about how he is just misunderstood

If he is mentally ill section him, if not jail him if appropriate..........or do we wait until he causes serious damage to some innocent party then wring our hands about how bad it was and why did nobody do something

He's had his last chance

Edited by CJGJ

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Time to see him get the same kind of sentance the normal man in the street would get and lets not listen to his famous friends going on and on about how he is just misunderstood

If he is mentally ill section him, if not jail him if appropriate..........or do we wait until he causes serious damage to some innocent party then wring our hands about how bad it was and why did nobody do something

He's had his last chance

Don't know about last chance, he doesn't look like he's going to be around much longer on that evidence. 

Just like him to turn up at court half pissed.

He has serious issues and has my sympathy.  So do his victims of course.

Tremendous footballer but troubled man.

That getting on to Twitter makes me angry.

Gazza’s a ****in mess and needs serious help and this arseholes uploading the video for likes.

GorgieFifeLife

Brought it on himself and has done a lot of bad stuff but is obviously very ill and it's very sad to see that. Guy who posted that is a complete idiot. A bit of compassion whilst also not condoning what he has done is all that is required.

59 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Time to see him get the same kind of sentence the normal man in the street would get and lets not listen to his famous friends going on and on about how he is just misunderstood

He's had his last chance

Not that easy to get sectioned these days.

Often psychiatric wards dont like to accept alcohol/drug induced mental illness.

His previous isn't jail time material and a normal man on the street wouldn't automatically be jailed.

I do not excuse his crimes .

I do sympathise with his addiction issues.

Some and I'm not wanting a fight simply dismiss alcoholics and or junkies as sub human.

They are not and many not all are hardwired problems stemming from troubled or traumatic childhood.

As someone else posted no winners here.

15 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Waste of good oxygen. 

No need for that.

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

That getting on to Twitter makes me angry.

Gazza’s a ****in mess and needs serious help and this arseholes uploading the video for likes.

:spoton:

22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

No one is a winner him or his victims.

And that, is a perfect summation.

Well put.

He’s had a lot of help but doesn’t seem to of made any difference. That’s tragic watching that and as said above the guys a tool for posting that.

An absolutely brilliant footballer I had the pleasure to see play for Spurs and oldco.

met him once in the old Caley hotel when oldco stayed before they played us one December and we were there on our Xmas night out. He was in the bar with McCoist and he was a gentleman and very chatty (as was McCoist). To see him like that now is brutal.

maroonsgotop

you would have thought on the eve of Tottenham's biggest game in their history he would be over in Madrid with some of his ex team mates to cheer them on like many other ex players are doing on both sides. Tragic stuff

4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

you would have thought on the eve of Tottenham's biggest game in their history he would be over in Madrid with some of his ex team mates to cheer them on like many other ex players are doing on both sides. Tragic stuff

Because he’ll be able to dismiss his addiction and mental health issues for this weekend only so he can go and cheer on spurs. 

ffs. 

38 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

:facepalm:

Has this actually been at court yet? Googled but can't see anything? Just some twat posting a video of him on twitter? 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Didn't realise he had such a lengthy incidents sheet as well. I knew it was bad but ****.

"Taken to court and fined over a hit and run incident."

"Shoplifted to fund gambling addictions."

"Admitted violence towards then-wife Sheryl."

Tax avoiding.

"Harassing an ex-girlfriend and assaulting a photographer."

"Threatening or abusive words or behaviour after telling a racist joke in November 2015 and racially abusing his black bodyguard."

"Allegedly made racist remarks according to a witness in a London hotel."

"Arrested for a disturbance outside a takeaway in February 2010."

"The following month he was charged with drunk driving, driving without a licence, and driving without insurance."

"In October 2010, Gascoigne was arrested for drunk driving. He subsequently admitted being more than four times over the limit."

"He was arrested for assaulting a railway security guard and being drunk and disorderly at Stevenage railway station on 4 July 2013."

"On 20 August 2018, Gascoigne was arrested at Durham station by British Transport Police for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman on board a train.[201] In November 2018 he was charged with sexual assault and was due to appear in court on the charge in December 2018."

Never had to face the consequences of his actions. Somebody always picks up the pieces. 

Jail or institution are the only answers